[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree this was actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: 5120XT9M4YL._SY445_.jpg (45KB, 313x445px) Image search: [Google]
5120XT9M4YL._SY445_.jpg
45KB, 313x445px
Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree this was actually a decent movie?
>>
We can all agree you're a worthless cunt making this thread every day like a disabled chimp.
>>
Definitely, it doesn't contradict Prometheus either, how about Covenant?

I saw it for the first time in 10+ years over the weekend and would give it a 7/10.
>>
No. It wasn't. Who the FUCK thought it was a good idea to make a PG-13 movie of two R rated movies? the setting was good, but ruined by the fact it was pg-13, then they get AVP-requiem right with the violence but wrong with the entire story.
>>
>>84315296
yes
>>
>>84315367
I didn't even notice, it had such a great atmosphere it didn't matter. And both Alien and Predator would get PG13 if they were released today, standards of violence have changed.
>>
>>84315625
This, they're actually really tame. AVP had more extreme shit than both.

It was good.
>>
Roland Emmerich's AVP would have been decent

this is just lame
>>
File: 1497483898415.png (277KB, 1348x1086px) Image search: [Google]
1497483898415.png
277KB, 1348x1086px
>>84315296
Probably my #1 guilty pleasure
It follows a generic formula but it's pretty well-made and I'm a sucker for xenos.
>>
>10/10
>9/10
1. Alien (Scott, 1979)
>8/10
2. Predator (McTiernan, 1987)
3. Aliens (Cameron, 1986)
>7/10
4. Blade Runner (Scott, 1982)
5. Predators (Antal, 2010)
6. Alien: Covenant (Scott, 2017)
>6/10
7. AVP: Alien vs. Predator (Anderson, 2004)
8. Alien3 (Fincher, 1992)
9. Predator 2 (Hopkins, 1990)
>5/10
10. Prometheus (Scott, 2012)
>4/10
11. Alien: Resurrection (Jeunet, 1997)
>3/10
>2/10
12. Aliens vs Predator - Requiem (Strause & Strause, 2007)
>1/10
>0/10
>>
Pretty garbage. I would like a reboot with no humans.
>>
>>84315296
Yes. The sequel is absolute trash, though.
>>
Shame that the jews cheaped so much that they didn't put it in the future
>>
>>84315296
I liked it a lot. The sequel can burn in hell tho
>>
>>84316001
>4. Blade Runner (Scott, 1982)
why the fuck is this in the ranking at all?
>>
>>84316494
leave the thread
>>
>>84316667
>rates Blade Runner a 7/10
>categorizes it as an Alien/Predator movie
jesus christ my man
>>
>>84316494
Because Scott has stated that it's set in the same universe as the Alien films.
>>
>>84315296
It's not a bad movie.
>>
>>84315296
The first hour is mostly pointless, but it's really entertaining after that.
>>
>>84316686
why are you still here?

consider a rope
>>
>>84316725
>>84316813
WEYLAND-YUTANI EXISTS IN BLADE RUNNER THAT MEANS IT'S AN ALIEN MOVIE

jesus fucking CHRIST this is capeshitter cinematic universe logic. kill yourselves.
>>
>>84316845
I know, you idiot

that's what I'm saying, what a massive moron
>>
when Covenant came out, me and my bitch started watching all of the aliens I>II>IV>III and then we finally got to this.

i gotta say, it does have some lore going for it. its pretty mediocre. Bishop returns(somehow). its a 4/10 flick but one this which was hella f*kin epic were some of the Alien vs Predator fight scenes. it was probably the saving grace for the time spent watching.
Last thing, i can't remember any other alien movie where the xeno uses the tail as a weapon.
>>
>>84316894
actually I forgot my meme arrow, it was meant to read
>WEYLAND-YUTANI EXISTS IN BLADE RUNNER THAT MEANS IT'S AN ALIEN MOVIE

jesus fucking CHRIST this is capeshitter cinematic universe logic. kill yourselves.
>>
>>84316908
boy I sure love /tv/ autismo
>>
>>84316927
you should, otherwise why would you be here? few things are more satisfying than posting a detailed and correct argument that can only be refuted by calling me autistic "because nobody cares or thinks that hard about these things"
>>
File: 1358527273129.jpg (17KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
1358527273129.jpg
17KB, 500x382px
>>84316971
you delusional idiot, do you even know what you are talking about? Do you even know WHO are you talking to? Maybe I was wrong, maybe this subreddit aint for ya.
>>
>>84316845
I didn't say it was an Alien movie any more than Predator 2 is an Alien movie.
If the thread was discussing Alien, I wouldn't have brought up Blade Runner, Predator or even AvP.

Nobody said Blade Runner is an Alien film.

If we're discussing Alien films, fine. If we're discussing Predator films, that's fine too.
But if we're discussing a crossover film, how is it unreasonable to also include another film by the same director, which is set within the same story-world?

It's not even just about Weyland-Yutani (although that really ought to be enough). Ridley Scott also flat out said in a commentary for Blade Runner that the crew of the Nostromo would've at one point hung out in the bar near Deckard's home and that's how he always imagined it.
Then you have all of the fucking files and letters in the viral shit for Prometheus and Covenant which have Guy Pearce's character telling David stories about Tyrell and his pyramids.

Just because it's not an Alien film, and just because you don't want your precious Blade Runner to be tainted, doesn't mean for an instant that Blade Runner shouldn't be on that ranking list any more than Prometheus or Predators.
>>
>>84317194
>But if we're discussing a crossover film, how is it unreasonable to also include another film by the same director, which is set within the same story-world?
because blade runner is not a crossover film. it's mostly just a fucking easter egg. the format of the film, the thematic properties of the film, the characters, story, and time periods don't even fucking overlap. I mean jesus fucking christ, it's pretty autistic to actually defend considering blade runner a part of the alien-predator canon just because of an easter egg and director comment when NOTHING in the film itself connects it to the other movies in the list.
>>
>>84317194
>he did not include soldier as well
are you even autistic or just merely pretending?
>>
File: I Iced that Guy!.png (149KB, 481x270px) Image search: [Google]
I Iced that Guy!.png
149KB, 481x270px
>>84317248
The thematic properties of AvP are also very far removed from Alien, none of the characters appear in any of the other films and the time-periods cause a direct plot-hole, because David doesn't even create the xenomorphs for another couple hundred years. Every point you made applies to AvP just as much as it applies to Blade Runner. You would've been better off saying something like "no xenomorph appears", though of course that's also true of Prometheus.

There is no one "canon" for these movies anymore. It's all over the place. There are plot-holes everywhere. It's a complete and utter mess, and I'd argue that it's actually probably more autistic to pick and choose which ones do and don't fit instead of simply just lumping them all in together and calling it a day. If the director of both of the original films (Alien and Blade Runner, that is) says that they're in the same world, and there are entities that exist in both films, and characters in supplementary material chat about characters from the other films, then that's good enough for me.

You can call it the ScottVerse, if you like. To cone a phrase.
>>
>>84317454
Canon is just decided by word of god and the frachise is owned by Fox, according to fox all the movies are canon except for the AvP ones which are considered a "what if" scenario. The fire and stone, life and death and aliens: defiance comics are also canon, along with the aliens colonial marines and alien isolation videogames, and the four latest alien novels
>>
>>84315367
It's arguably pretty damn bloody for a PG-13 movie.

Yeah, it's strange to go for that rating when you think about what these two franchises are, but it also did stretch that rating to its limit.
>>
>>84317870
More shekels if it's pg 13, goy.
>>
File: 1496976367647.jpg (165KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1496976367647.jpg
165KB, 640x480px
>>84316001

Alien: Covenant a tier above Alien3 assembly cut.
>>
>>84317454
>the time-periods cause a direct plot-hole, because David doesn't even create the xenomorphs for another couple hundred years
Why is that a plot hole? There's no reason to think that all the aliens descended from the one in Prometheus, and in fact that can't be true because the aliens from the first movie are on LV-426, and Prometheus is LV-223.

The only conceit that you need to make is that Predators are at least as smart as David, and seeing as they have space travel, that's clearly true. Why could they have created them independently?
>>
>>84315296
I love how Aliens fags pretend like this is somehow worse than Aliens. Fucking shooty shooty space marine plebs.
>>
>>84321430
I don't like that the Alien fandom is so divided that people pick favourites and least favourites and talk about them like they murdered your mother.

I think all the Alien films are top tier except AvP: Requiem.
>>
>>84316051
>>84316120
>sequel has the MC's waifu get BTFO
>hurr durr it's shit
lol
>>
>>84321834
the only really bad thing about it was that it was so fuckin dark, they made it even darker in the dvd wtf were they thinking
>>
>>84321834
Can someone translate this from normie for me?

Requiem's main problem is that the characters are shit, all those teenagers and their relationship triangle pizza delivery bullshit it awful and makes it feel like a shitty SyFy original movie with a $10,000 budget.

The rest of the story is fine though, they could have salvaged it if they just dropped all the teens.

>>84321908
That was awful too, I actually had to mess with the brightness/contrast/saturation to tell what the fuck was happening.
>>
>>84316001
>Alien 3 that low
Sad. It's easily the best sequel, and actually it's my favourite overall because the supporting cast and sci-fi is so good.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.