[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are these movies as good as people say? I really hate the turn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Are these movies as good as people say?

I really hate the turn action flicks took in the early 2000's up until now, I need something good.
>>
Try it, you'll probably hate it, but at least you'll have an objective opinion instead of just hating anything made from 2000 on
>>
First one is great. Second one, I don't even remember there being a plot. Like shit just happens one after the other. Some bitch dies, and then hit men hunt him down the entire movie
>>
>>84314717
>>84314745
Dredd and the Raid are good though, I'm not irrational, there's just a clear distinction between 80s/90s action that I like and recent shit. I'll give them a red hot go, though

>>
>>84314826
80s/90s action movies didn't fully take themselves seriously. There was still that acknowledgement of goofiness that a character could fall two stories, get up and gun down 5 people
>>
>>84314745
Someone calls in a debt to John, who resists, and he is then hunted down until he breaks the rules of the Continental to save himself, only far further damning himself.

Sorry you're too stupid to follow very basic things.
>>
>>84314922
Wasn't really interested in the second one. loser
>>
>>84314670
The first one is excellent. The second one is fine, but entirely unnecessary.
>>
>>84314670
One of the very few action movies that doesnt use shaky cam or excessive jump cuts during ANY part of the movie.
>>
>>84314670
First one is surprisingly awesome and a lot of great cheesy fun. It helps if you go into it thinking "What the hell is this supposed to be?" Having everyone say it's great and you go into it, you might be a bit let down and think it's just okay. It's not super amazing, but it's got its own vibe going and it's a lot of fun.

Second one has some really cheesy and amazing parts, just like the first one, but it's overloaded with them. The movie flows really poorly because of it, but it's still worth it for the fun action and fun characters.

By fun I mean there's not a lot of depth. It does things for the sake of being cheesy or cool. They are movies that know what they are. They don't try to overburden the movie with too much plot or backstory. Just snippets of both here and there.
>>
>>84314670
Just watch one. Weird fucking thread.
>>
>>84314826
If you like Dredd and The Raid you'll like John Wick. Similar movies in that the plot doesn't get in the way of the great action but it's not paper-thin excuse shit either.
>>
>>84314670
The first one basically put an end to shaky cam and constant cutting in fights. It retroactively revealed Paul Greengrass to be the fraud he is, while simultaneously revitalizing fight choreography in action.
The second one is mediocre, but some hearty keks are to be had watching it.
>>
>>84314670
They're well choreographed and there's no shakeycam bullshit. That's literally all the movies have to offer, though. It's just an excuse for Keanu to shoot a bunch of people in the head and occasionally CQC them.

In my opinion though, what they decide to choreograph is incredibly boring. It's, again, just that guy mowing down people effortlessly. The second movie was literally just long scenes of him shooting people in the head over and over for minutes at a time. I think at one point he guns down like 50 mercenaries like it's no big deal, then he goes on to do the same shit like two more times. It gets really fukken boring. Almost any random 1v1 fight from The Raid is more entertaining than every kill in both these movies put together.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.