[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why movies are getting shittier year after year? Is it because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: images.png (17KB, 350x338px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
17KB, 350x338px
Why movies are getting shittier year after year?
Is it because the magic of great stories has run out?
Or is it because of CG and ease of tech?
Or may be it's just natural that a tradition is dying just like music.
>>
>>84311677
Probably a mix of the foreign market making sure hollywood can't take chances and more entertainment options means hollywood has to up the ante to get people in theaters
>>
>>84311677
Or maybe because all you watch is Hollywood flicks.
>>
Increasingly oppressive suppression of free speech by SJWs

Costs are too high meaning risk is high meaning there are less risks taken
>>
Because genius folks used to live back then.
>>
>>84311677
General quality might be in decline but genius is genius and will always be independent of trends and such. We're due for another Kubrick sooner or later.
>>
>>84311728
No.
It's because of fucking money.
Studios are greedy. Fuckin' jews.
>>
>>84311677
Stop watching Hollywood movies you dolt
>>
>>84311719
What other excellent cinema you have been watching, son?
>>
>>84311769
It's a known fact around the world that 97 % of good stuff comes out of hollywood's butthole. Not that I don't watch other language movies. I just find them not up to it.
>>
There is a limit to the number of stories that can be told. Human experience is finite. We've done 95% of what can be done with film already. Human culture is reaching the point of diminishing return. At some point we will just keep making the same things over because it's the only option we have.
>>
>>84311833

>other language movies

spotted the idiot american
>>
>>84311856
Hence, the remakes and never-ending sequels.
>>
larger the population becomes

the dumber the collective conscious becomes

they dont think it be like it is but it do
>>
Only handful of directors keeps me going. Tarantino, for one.
>>
>>84311856
Lol no. We haven't even begun grasping a fraction of what is possible to represent on film.
>>
>>84312336
I always like posting that because #1 I think it is true and #2 I always get these responses. Never any explanation as to why, just "you are wrong." The other day I was told by a very sincere anon that I can never post here again.

Thousands of films, hundreds of thousands of books, much of what can be done has been. There will always be something new but mostly everything is just a new take on a story we already know. It's no one's fault, not because of their lack of creativity or anything, just the finite nature of human experience. There are only so many colors in the spectrum.
>>
It's not. Terrible films have dominated the hollywood release schedule for several decades. Stop focusing only on them. Watch better movies, you stupid cunt.
>>
If you think that movies are worse now because of CGI then you're watching only hollywood blockbusters or some other garbage but you want to sound sophisticated so you think they are not making any good movies or as good as before.
>>
>tons of stories people don't want to tell
>all the tales from the mongols, to the russians, passing to Turks and ending in the natives of the New World that we'll never see
>we'll keep having shows and movies about WW2, holocaust, medieval stuff, Nordic mythology and capeshit

I hate this.
>>
>>84311677
Stop watching hollywood sequels/reboots/remakes/studio cash ins. And certainly don't blame CGI or the ease of tech, that's just retarded.
Also no art is "dying", it's just a cycle.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.