[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did this become the Laura Moon show? I don't remember

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: AmericanGods.jpg (308KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
AmericanGods.jpg
308KB, 1280x853px
How did this become the Laura Moon show? I don't remember her being the main in the book. I wouldn't totally object because she's a bit hot, but goddamn, her character is just a complete bitch.
>>
>>84311331
strong feminist who makes cucking look ok

in this world, how was it ever not going to be all about Laura Moon?
>>
cry more
>>
>>84311331

My roommate loves the book more than anything and she's finding the changes abhorrent. I don't mind them because, ultimately, it's a tv show at the mercy of not getting new seasons so you've got to make it relatively self contained each time.

What are others' thoughts?
>>
>>84311931
I like it apart from the Laura focus - it's following the model of the book, if not the story proper. Do you know any book-based movies or tv shows that the book fans truly loved?

In terms of actors, Ian McShane is doing a great job. Not so sure about Ricky Whittle - he seems a bit nondescript. That might be because his character is kind of disappearing behind Laura - not sure.
>>
>>84311931
The book was badly written and the basic concepts don't make any sense so I don't care.

I like the style and it's a fun show, especially the mythos scenes.
>>
>>84312240

I actually agree with you. I was never BORED reading it but I couldn't see what made the fans froth at the mouth about how good it was.

Show's a reasonable compromise so far and I quite liked the catholic/Muslim/aestheist road trip idea until they just gave up. Could have been fun.
>>
I like the fact that they are fleshing out things more than the book did, it helps the adaptation stand on its own.
>>
>>84312671
Because americlaps grew up empty, worshipping the new gods, their first introduction into the old gods outside of musty folk history classes, especially written into a pastiche of short stories by a trendy comic writer back then would hit the spot.

>America is the only country where people still search for America
>>
>>84312671
People foamed at the mouth because Gaiman stands out as a pretty fun writer in a pair of genres (fantasy/urban fantasy) filled with shit.
>>
i'm just glad it showed white slavery
>>
>>84312765
>>America is the only country where people still search for America

This is because we're a group of idealist who got tricked into the idea that the american dream is achievable by anyone, that every person can love, learn, and be happy. And the big joke is the american dream is some macguffin that can solve every problem.

And its not even close to achievable for the common man now, most of us have to sit and grind every day at shit jobs, paying off schooling that will never pay out, while shit heads tell us we need to be more happy, to treat others with more respect then we get, we have hidden privileges, or were not doing life right and that's the travesty.

That is why we wander looking for meaning.
>>
She was kino in the book too you just dont remeber. this is because Gaiman always writes kino dead womans

Read Anasi Boys its the same thing. A dead woman goes to the carribean and kicks a spectral tiger in the nuts.

Thats literally the story.
>>
>>84313155
Does anyone believe in the American Dream anymore? Is there a god fort that in this show?
>>
>>84313453
Not the 20 to 30 crowed, most of us only see the world as it is, a endless grind till the day we die.

The down side is the system is geared against most of us. Our parents pushed most of us into school we can't afford, for jobs that they don't want to give up, to rent houses/homes they own, for prices they set way too fucking high, and they have the gall to tell us were not working hard enough.

A roof over my head shouldn't cost most of my pay check I HAD to go get a piece of paper that means shit, getting payed what I would if I just went to work for wal-mart right out of high school.
>>
>>84313155
Hunter S. Thompson, is that you? You're supposed to be dead.
>>
>>84311331
>disrespects every male character except her black husband and a muslim
>atheist,shits on god, but fascinated by muslim praying

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>84313807
He was fun, or at least his books were
>>
>>84313854
You think she didn't disrespect her husband by riding that other guy's dick for a year or two?
>>
>>84313807
He had a point, things aren't getting any easier for us here, we are a generation away from this place being a third world country.

Every one is too fucking busy fighting over bullshit like sjw and gender politics to see its our parents driving this country down into the ground, the people who started half the movements that are trucking on making us annoyed with them.
>>
I still haven't started the last episode. I kept thinking she'd take a backseat already and then fuck, another episode entirely for her.
>>
>>84313155
You're right about material gain being unable to solve every problem but people have found love, wisdom and happiness throughout history in circumstances that were unimaginably poorer. Read Boethius' Consolation of Philosophy.
>>
As long as it gives me more Mad Sweeney I couldn't give a fuck.
>>
>>84314747
This is the only correct response
>>
>>84311331
>>84311331
Laura Moon was a cunt in the books. And in the shows she sort of still is, but she's a likable person. I really enjoyed how they fleshed out her character and Sweeney more on the show.

I hope Chernobog gets more screentime than he got in the books. He's too awesome to be wasted on just 2 big scenes. I would have liked to see Vulcan get more airtime...
>>
>>84314976
How is she likeable? I can't think of a single thing she's done in the show that wasn't all about her.

Agree on Chern and Vulcan though, and I hope at some point Bilquis does something other than sucking dudes into her vag. I get the titillation angle and whatever, but you really only need to see that so many times.
>>
File: AGods105finger.webm (163KB, 710x400px) Image search: [Google]
AGods105finger.webm
163KB, 710x400px
>>84311331
the fuck cares about the book?
the fuck cares about the hippy nigger mongrel?
the fuck cares about the gypsy odin?

Bitch and Lepricunt were the best part of the show.
>>
>>84315314
(You)
>>
>>84315273
She's funny. And really she's trying to spend her afterlife of rot trying to amend what she did. And generally I find her character very likable, almost as likable as Mad Sweeney and they have a perfect rapport on screen.

also, Emily Browning's pokey tits.
>>
>>84315314
Mcshane and leprecunt are the ones saving this show desu
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.