[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This movie really messed with me. I was expecting a space comedy,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

This movie really messed with me. I was expecting a space comedy, instead I got knifes in the hand, heads being blown off, and ethnic nudity
>>
'War is hell' is a major theme of the movie and one of the main pieces of evidence for why the satire isn't as ineffective as people claim in my opinion.
Heavily juxtaposes the civilian life where they have this glamorous idea of serving the country and how horrible being in the shit is.
>>
File: Yes.gif (685KB, 275x207px) Image search: [Google]
Yes.gif
685KB, 275x207px
>>84303375
I loved these movies, even the shitty sequels.
>>
Every time I think about Starship Troopers, let alone watch it, it moves up another space closer to being my favorite movie ever. It's in the top 10 now, by this time next week it should be #1
>>
>>84303751
>by this time next week it should be #1

kek
>>
>>84303375
>>
>>84303375
seeing his handsome butt and wiener was one of my first faps
>>
The knife in the hand is incredible. That is a very effective drill sgt.

(spoiler) MEDIC! (/spoiler)
>>
>>84304988
Wow, I really fucked that up. Sorry anons.
>>
File: 1488662495471.jpg (128KB, 831x639px) Image search: [Google]
1488662495471.jpg
128KB, 831x639px
>>84303375

Same OP.

This movie influenced me more than anything else in my early teens (saw in 1997). The extreme violence, it manipulates you with the sexuality, the gaze from Dizzy, her subsequent death, the efficiency of fascism etc.

I'm still kind of shaken. But I think it was for the best.
>>
>>84303375
The book was better.
>>
>>84305126
no it wasn't
>>
>>84305126

The film was better, but hardly related to the book.
>>
>>84305094
90s preteen PTSD

I got it too. That scene where guys heads were just being lopped off by the fliers.

Post more movies that fuckedup developing children. Has anyone seen blood surf?
>>
>>84303375
>ethnic nudity
p-pics?
>>
>>84303375
>>84303508
You're both wrong, the book was an actual good action space novel, and the movie was made by retarded hippies to sucker in people who read the book and hit them with some WAR IS HELL when they just wanted to watch some space action.
>>
>>84306122
What was I wrong about? I'm the second post.
>>
>>84306122
Fuck off pleb this movie is great. A lot of people take the film too seriously and get their panties in a twist. Verhoven isn't some brilliant social critic like some want to believe but he also isn't a stupid hippie. He just made a great action movie with lots of hilarious black comedy. To me the satirical shit is just a stylistic choice to make the film more entertaining/funny, nothing more and nothing less.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.