[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did they call this thing Calvin? Calvin is what that douchey

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Why did they call this thing Calvin?

Calvin is what that douchey kid who used to sit at the back of class and blow spitballs at you and your friends is called.

Not a fucking terrifying alien entity from mars which is able to ignore the laws of physics with its absurd megastrength.

Also if all of it's cells were supposedly identical and each filled every function why DOES IT HAVE AN OBVIOUS CIRCULATORY MICROSTRUCTURE WITHIN ITSELF YOU CAN SEE IT
>>
They called it calvin because some kid got to name it on behalf of the kid's elementary school which was named after calvin coolidge, did you bother to watch the film because that was a part of the film
>>
>>84299915
I mean in terms of why did the makers of the film decide that it would end up being called Calvin

I understand the in universe reason, retarded as it is, but cinematographically, despite it's admittedly excellent visual design, having it be called Calvin just really pulls me out of that sense of cosmic space horror they were clearly hoping for.
>>
>>84299915
The idea of america unilaterally deciding to let a random schoolchild from one of their schools decide to name the first confirmed speciment of extraterrestrial life is fucking hilarious to me. At least partially because that's the kind of self absorbed stupid bullshit america would actually try to pull.
>>
>>84299797
I mean there are a lot more questions than that OP. Why did the retard scientist decide to shock the fucking thing? It went dormant for like a few hours and he was just like "BOOOOOOORING ZAP THE CUNT MAKE IT DO SOMETHING". Like a kid prodding a lizard because it isn't being entertaining.
>>
>>84300307
stupid post from a stupid person
>>
a thing this film did that I didn't like was it's assumption that the disintegration of the ISS in stable orbit wouldn't in and of itself be a disaster of similar scale to aliumz

if the ISS were to do that it would create like 10,000 at a conservative guess, extra pieces of large high speed space debris which would kick start the Kessler syndrome cascade, destroying all satellites and returning us to the 1930s in terms of infrastructure

this would result in all kinds of humanity getting fucked up in the long run, probably ending in nuclear war over the dwindling remaining available resources after agricultural infrastructure fails without the aid of modern telecommunications networks
>>
>>84301020
He can't spell for shit, but desu, the idea that America would be allowed to unilaterally decide what it would be named, and that they would bestow that honor to some random little girl, is actually ridiculous.
>>
File: 1497890982905.png (350KB, 636x428px) Image search: [Google]
1497890982905.png
350KB, 636x428px
>>84299797
Take it easy Calvin
>>
>>84301283
another stupid faggot pollutes the thread
>>
>>84301288
My name is Calumn, so actually pretty close
>>
>>84301336
ameritard
>>
>>84301394
unilaterally correct
>>
>>84301452
Multilaterally retarded
>>
>>84299797
maybe it was only unicellular in its adolescent phase or some shit
>>
>>84301522
Embarrassing.
>>
File: toppestofmemes.jpg (24KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
toppestofmemes.jpg
24KB, 600x338px
>>84301832
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.