[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What made this show so good,/tv/? Why were the movie and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 60

File: avatar.png (98KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
98KB, 333x250px
What made this show so good,/tv/?
Why were the movie and sequel show shit?
>>
>>84286211
I can't help you if you think that Legend of Korra was shit. We could've had a great discussion about both series' themes, plots, aesthetic appeals and characterization, but if you don't recognize that both are good in different ways, then it just can't happen.
>>
File: iroh.jpg (9KB, 200x266px) Image search: [Google]
iroh.jpg
9KB, 200x266px
kidkino
>>
>>84286350
>It's Iroh tells a comfy a story episode
>>
>>84286293
LoK just didn't appeal to me as much as the original show,anon.
>>
>>84286211
The finale was perfect
>>
I always thought it was how hard they worked to make the characters act like normal people, only as much story directing their actions as was necessary, like a tabletop game almost
They would just say shit sometimes even though it wasn't "funny" or noble or even really relevant because it was just part of a conversation about something that actually was important, like actual interactions, complete opposite of most cartoonshit and animu
that's my thought
>>
>Season 1 villain is a totalitarian
>Season 2 villain is a fanatic
>Season 3 villain is an anarchist/communist
>Season 4 villain is a nationalist
What did they mean by this?
>>
LOK wasn't shit, Korra my waifu

t. girl
>>
>>84286293
>>84286416
Korra was complete and utter shit, this isn't up for debate.
>>
Naruto > Avatar
Prove me wrong
>>
>>84286592
Just a bit off. S1 was communist, S2 was fanatic, S3 was anarchist, and S4 was nationalist.
>What did they mean by this?
That extremes in any direction are generally bad.
>>
>>84286887
Then why are there still 3 threads a day on /co/ debating it?
>>
>>84286380
>it's an Iroh tells a decidedly not comfy story and brings unexpected feels to a children's cartoon episode
>>
>>84286592
daily reminder that kuvira did literally nothing wrong
>>
>>84287092
Most of the posts in those threads are just people bitching about the show, but I agree a lot of /co/ posters have shit taste and will defend this trainwreck of a show.
>>
>>84286293
>that both are good in different ways
well desu that's the main problem
they're thematically inconsistent, not just different but actually opposed.

Now I'll be honest I only watched like half of the first season on Korra, but really that's enough.

I understand not wanting the show to be a rehash of the original show, so having her learn the four elements like Aang wasn't what they wanted, but having little babby Korra throwing fireballs around was obnoxious and insulting.

Instead of having to earn and struggle for achievement Korra just gets to shortcut it all.

This also meant that the only conflict in the show was highschool drama soap opera bullshit.

I have heard that the show improves a lot, so maybe these first few episodes are a bad representative of the show as a whole, but honestly I can't bring myself to sit through it.
>>
File: 1490029516943.jpg (42KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
1490029516943.jpg
42KB, 500x373px
>>84286592
Having any strong political convictions makes you an evil dictator asshole and you should vote hillary.
>>
>>84287155
She just wanted to make the Earth Kingdom great again, enforce their immigration laws and retake land that was stolen from them by the ((United Republic)). What was so wrong with that?
>>
>>84287211
The third season is the best, but the second season is so unbelievably godawful that you probably dodged a bullet. All four seasons start with an interesting premise and then squander it horribly.
>>
>>84287211
>I have heard that the show improves a lot
Not really, Korra is still jobbing throughout the show and her friends continue to get random buffs, the only improvement was they dropped the romantic subplot between Korra and her gary sue boyfriend.
>>
>>84286739
>t girl
Now we're talking. Post feminine penis.
>>
>>84287412
I admit the conflict between benders and normal people they were setting up seemed interesting, if they could have done it well.
No idea if they go anywhere with that or it gets dropped obviously, but it was interesting
>>
>>84287453
>they drop captain borings love plot
That doesn't help that much but it's something.

Did they get rid of that shit bending game they play?
>>
the shit with Zaheer and "enter the void" was fucking epic.
>>
>>84287533
pro bending is completely gone by the end of the first season
>>
>>84287506
I don't agree. It reminded me of xmen 3 where they take people's powers away and make everyone boring.
>>
>>84287552
This. Zaheer was one hell of a villain. It was very easy to empathize with him.
>>
>>84287506
Every season of the show has a different arc. There's always a new villain. You cant skip seasons though because there are important overarching elements. I believe the general consensus is 3 > 1 > 4 > 2 with 4 and 1 switching places occasionally.
The show is worth revisiting imo.
>>
>>84287693
yeah this is an accurate statement.
>>
>>84287693
Season 1 is the second best Lok season there is? If that was almost their A game, the show was still born.
>>
>>84287211

>Instead of having to earn and struggle for achievement Korra just gets to shortcut it all.

You mean Aang having trouble earth bending for 1 episode and then he's a master?
>>
>>84287952
He repeatedly mentions "training with Toph and Katara everyday",that one episode was just getting him started
>>
File: azula.jpg (70KB, 500x673px) Image search: [Google]
azula.jpg
70KB, 500x673px
>>84286211
What the fuck was her problem?
>>
>>84287211
She doesn't really shortcut it, they just skip over it. It's implied that she's spent like a decade mastering fire, water, and earth bending, and then a large part first season is the difficulty she has airbending and mastering the spiritual aspects of being the avatar.
>>
>>84286211
Based Filoni had nothing to do with Korra.
>>
>>84288052
I maintain that watching Azula in Avatar as a young pubescent boy was singlehandedly responsible for my femdom fetish as an adult. All I want is to be her slave
>>
>>84288084
Filoni was a director on ATLA who had no input on story or writing. The name you're looking for is Aaron Ehasz, Mike & Bryan's head writer on ATLA and the only person who did not return for Korra.
>>
>/tv/ finally likes LoK

It's about time you autistic cucks.
>>
>>84288197
The lesbian twist was still bullshit fanservice for tumblr
>>
>>84288022

That off screen training was apparently enough to make him a master the next time he uses earth bending it seems.
>>
>>84287124
>that one filler episode where Iroh is just being Iroh until he walks up a hill and grieves his lost son
>>
>>84288052
Azula's problem is that her heels are not currently digging into my balls
>>
I always found the concept of avatar to be retarded, what benefits were there from using all four elements? All both aang and kora constantly got their asses kicked by high level single element users.
>>
>>84288262

Agreed but everything else was pure kino, especially the set pieces.
>>
>>84286211

tla > lok simply because the seasons were longer and a lot more slower.

the issue with lok is that so much shit gets crammed into so few episodes that character development gets lost along the way. it gets a bit jarring when things change so quickly because they have to

in tla, it's a practically a whole season to travel to ba sing se and the remainder of the season is spent exploring the city. in lok, they hop between so many locations so frequently that you never really feel immersed. i found that lok season 1 was my favorite purely because it was spent in republic city and that aspect of the show was nurtured.

my biggest gripe with lok is korra and the shitty highschool relationships. korra never seems to learn a single thing and starts out as a headstrong retard, goes through some phase of self doubt/feeling sorry for herself and then grows into more of a headstrong retard. contrast that with aang who frequently battles with self doubt and fears yet he comes out on top in the end. it's really hard to enjoy a show when the protagonist keeps making the same mistakes

>>84287552

zaheer was by the far the best character of the show. i loved the scene when he leads korra to the spirit world. it's a shame that he unlocks the ability to fly but then no one seems to care
>>
File: Curt.jpg (26KB, 320x486px) Image search: [Google]
Curt.jpg
26KB, 320x486px
>little solder boy comes marching home
>>
Not gonna lie I jacked it a couple of times to those cosplayers that dressed as Ty Lee and Azula. That one set where it almost became lesbian femdom.

I wish I still had it.
>>
>>84286293
Fasn of the original love to shit on Korra. Personally I loved both in different ways but I think I prefer LoK due to the better villains and darker tone
>>
>>84287239

durrr im the avatar so i think ur being evil so i'm gonna fite u now kuvira
>>
>>84288197
no I don't like
>>
File: XHBa71Th.jpg (83KB, 702x1024px) Image search: [Google]
XHBa71Th.jpg
83KB, 702x1024px
>>84288351
>Tales of Ba Sing Se
>Filler
>>
>>84288492
I demand you find it right fucking now
>>
>>84288635
s-sorry anon
i meant no disrespect
>>
>>84288358
Aang's problem is that he's young and untrained. A level 1 avatar is going to have trouble with a level 12 fire bender. Korra's problem is that the writing sucked. It should've been about a powerful young adult avatar facing an increasingly complex world where she can't solve every problem by punching things.
>>
>>84288358
I dunno about Korra because I didn't watch the whole series, but Aang was probably the most powerful bender in the world even without the Avatar state by the end of the show. He was at least keeping up with Ozai, either the first or the second strongest Firebender in the world, while his strength was greatly amplified by Sozin's Comet. Before that, I think only Azula managed to beat him fairly, and he scored a close victory over her when they fought on that huge drill.
>>
>>84288635
Narratively it's filler, it just happens that all of the ATLA episodes are its filler episodes.
>>
>>84288663
After a few minutes on google turned up nothing to my recollection, I did find this one. Which I admit is better (lewder).
>>
>>84288351
>that time when they reveal iroh lost the heart to continue the ba sing se siege because his son died
>all the people who mock him for giving up and being lazy
>>
File: team azula.png (283KB, 500x474px) Image search: [Google]
team azula.png
283KB, 500x474px
Who did you like best,/tv/?
ty lee is cute
>>
>>84287453
how the fuck did Mako turn two girls whom he had sex with into lesbians by the end?
>>
>>84288421
>my biggest gripe with lok is korra and the shitty highschool relationships. korra never seems to learn a single thing and starts out as a headstrong retard, goes through some phase of self doubt/feeling sorry for herself and then grows into more of a headstrong retard. contrast that with aang who frequently battles with self doubt and fears yet he comes out on top in the end. it's really hard to enjoy a show when the protagonist keeps making the same mistakes

I never got this criticism. Throughout LOK Korra becomes much more level headed and calm while throughout TLA Aang keeps his childish happy go lucky attitude and never has to face the consequences of it because of convenient plot twists.
>>
>>84288358
>what benefits were there from using all four elements?
well when they're in the Avatar state they can literally sink continents
>>
File: God yes.jpg (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
God yes.jpg
21KB, 400x400px
>>84288802
Fuck

I need more
>>
>>84288864
May is worst girl. Ty Lee and Asuka are equally best girl.
>>
File: F.png (359KB, 822x442px) Image search: [Google]
F.png
359KB, 822x442px
>>84288705
>a powerful young adult avatar facing an increasingly complex world where she can't solve every problem by punching things.
>tfw we will never get an Avatar Wan sequel
>>
>>84288765

this is true they are all filler. But through this filler it becomes comfy because we're exploring the world in new places and new characters. every filler episode characters and audience is learning something. like the fire bending school/the cave thing/kyoshi
>>
>>84288864
Ty Lee is cute, Mai is boring

Azula is a femdom goddess
>>
File: 1391712330958.jpg (136KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1391712330958.jpg
136KB, 600x600px
>>84288052
Zuzu didn't give her enough attention and by attention i mean dickings
>>
>>84288765
>that all of the *BEST ATLA episodes are its filler episodes
sorry I fucked up
>>
File: 4.jpg (60KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
60KB, 600x900px
>>
LEAFS FROM THE VINE
>>
>>84286211
Anime style with an actual animation budget rather than having 1 minute scenes with three frames + mouth movements

Kind of like when you compare the animation quality of the Pokémon films with the TV Show
>>
>>84286211
Aaron Ehasz
>>
File: infinite_wisdom.jpg (41KB, 720x544px) Image search: [Google]
infinite_wisdom.jpg
41KB, 720x544px
>>84286592
Extremes are bad, that's it. Each villain are extremes of an aspect of the Avatar.
The Avatar is supposed to be the champion of everyone, benders and non-benders alike, equally. Yet the S1 villain goes overboard with the "equality" part and wants to wipe out benders.
The Avatar is supposed to be the mediator between the material world and the spirit realm, the bridge between them. The S2 villain wanted to wipe out the material realm and replace it with the spirit realm.
The Avatar is supposed the be the hero of freedom, fighting oppression and upholding liberty. The S3 villain wanted to destroy any authority figure and plunge the world in a maelstrom of chaos and anarchy.
The Avatar is also supposed to uphold order and balance in the world. The S4 villain wanted to rule the world in an iron fist.
All of this to show that the Avatar is the one who must uphold BALANCE. It is easy for mortals to fall into extremes since they lack the wisdom that an Avatar has.

Also, S1 villain is a spiritual hating communist, relying on science and reason over spirituality. S2 villain is the exact opposite where he's a religious fanatic who detests scientific advancement.

S3 villain is an anarchic freedom fighter who toppled the world order. S4 was the exact opposite who would squash any freedom in order to uphold order in a chaotic world.

All of this were told with the First Avatar episodes, where he tried (and failed) to uphold balance between his ideals.
>>
File: 457745745.jpg (10KB, 128x126px) Image search: [Google]
457745745.jpg
10KB, 128x126px
>>84288357
>>84288162
My absolute niggas.
>>
>>84288893

every season had some rendition of korra getting pissed at someone she cares about and then regretting it later because she was too dumb to realise they are acting in her best interest, and getting used/manipulated by the bad guy because she is too dumb to think rationally about something

fool me once etc
>>
File: 7.jpg (39KB, 900x619px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
39KB, 900x619px
girls pls
>>
File: Kuvira.png (379KB, 843x578px) Image search: [Google]
Kuvira.png
379KB, 843x578px
>>84286293
Season 2 and the conclusion to the final Season was poor, I thoroughly enjoyed the rest of LoK

I felt like they were heading in the direction of making an actual point regarding the shortcomings of monarchist rule and the arbitrary geopolitical separation of people belonging to the same ethnic/cultural and thus portraying Kuvira as ruthless yet well meaning character. But then they threw it out of the window by just making her into a literal Hitler destructive maniac over the course of 2 episodes in order to give the writers a simple good vs evil conclusion
>>
File: 1436421451783.jpg (44KB, 329x399px) Image search: [Google]
1436421451783.jpg
44KB, 329x399px
>>84289533
>femdom
Low test confirmed.
>>
>>84286416
It was the opposite for me
I think I watched TLA once or twice as a kid and it was boring
About a year ago I started watching LoK for some reason and really enjoyed it
>>
>>84286293
is just ironic that LoK being the more mature for audience have the most immature cast
>>
>>84286293
Korra was pure shit and that dyke shit at the end killed it forever. I don't let my kids watch anything Avatar anymore.
>>
>>84288501
aww kuvira, you just wanted a friend? I can be your friend even if I'm the avatar
the end
>>
>>84289646
maybe the theme that went over your head is how easy it is to shift from well-meaning nationalist into a destructive maniac. Also that its easy for destructive maniacs to use nationalism as a means to be said destructive maniac, or that most nationalists in history have merely used that as a means for conquest by uniting a group of people by giving them a common enemy.
>>
>>84287211
not to mention the Beginnings episodes destroyed everything that they taught you about the avatar
>>
>>84288877
sexualbender
just kidding, they forced these two girls who had not a lot of interaction to fall in love with each other, for a faggot like me, is insulting how they suddenly changed a character's sexuality this way
>>
>s1
>mako ur just the best
>pls i love u so much
>pls pls mako pls pls pls
>s2
>FUCK YOU MAKO

surprisingly good representation of women in relationships
>>
>>84289972

But remember that time Korra sent Asami a letter and they rode in a car together and then made jokes about Mako? True love
>>
>>84287506
the most logical option was to divide the natios of non benders to benders and benders would have their own nations based on element while the non benders either live in a communist era or divide themselves based on other motives
>>
>>84289829
>excusing lazy writing with "nazis gonna nazi lmao"

Really made me open my borders, of course the liberal writers couldn't be bothered coming up with a more compelling conclusion. Being a tyrant isn't limited to nationalist ideologies but rather just a product of absolute power. If neither Kuvira nor the useless shit king ended up in power then that would've been fine too
>>
>>84286211
Sequels were shit because they took all the shallow aspects of the original, like the slapstick, romance and wackiness, and amplified them, while downplaying the good parts, such as the character development, martial arts, spirituality and meaningful conflict.
Basically, Tumblr ruined it.

That's not to say the shallow parts were bad in the original, but they were done with restraint
>>
>>84290021
Children of benders aren't automatically benders.
>>
>>84290016
best friends forever i believe that, but not to the point of wanting to fuck each other. There should've been more development if that was their intention unless it was thrown at the last minute for tumblr pandering
>>84290118
well then, give them the option to live where they feel like and once they become adults they can choose to live with the benders or not
>>
File: Bumi.jpg (109KB, 578x322px) Image search: [Google]
Bumi.jpg
109KB, 578x322px
Was he the Jar Jar of LOK?
>>
>see all the korra and asumi art before watching the show
>assume Asumi is going to be a hard line, uncompromising woman that has somewhat of a rival situation with Korra, and that she's going to be a teasing lipstick lesbian or something
>season 1 is just them craving not-sausake's dick and Asumi is about as plain and boring a character as you can get, almost as bad as what the writers do with Bolin
>season 2 seems like the same deal so far

Is there even a point in going on past 2? Asumi seems like such a boring character still, compared to what I thought I was getting into
>>
>>84288998
>tfw we will never get an Avatar Wan sequel
thank fucking god
>>
>>84289322
although he was a Zutara and had many other ideas in how to end it which would ruin the entire series, at least he knew how to make the characters likeable
>>
>>84287211
That was the point though, every avatar was different and aang really had to read up to learn everything because he lacked natural talent in a lot of things. Korra was naturally talented but the show makes no gripes about how vapid she was.

Aang had an immensly powerful avatar state and could wield all elements at once, korra just saw an increase in her power.

You see it all the time in real life, I know most of us don't dwell there but you have people who are naturally talented and just coast, and ultimately end up weaker than the people who work harder.
>>
>>84286211
What's frustrating is that Korra was designed to be Aang's opposite, but ended up being a more retarded and immature version of him
>Aang enjoys fights even if he doesn't seek them out
>Korra just likes fighting

>Aang is carefree and sometimes uses that to deflect from his responsibilities, but is serious when the need arises
>Korra does everything she can to dodge responsibility

>Aang originally requires help to unlock his spiritual potential
>Korra can barely call herself an Avatar
They had ONE job, and they couldn't even do that
>>
>>84290984
Problem is that makes for a really unlikeable protagonist
>>
File: dk.gif (736KB, 451x322px) Image search: [Google]
dk.gif
736KB, 451x322px
>>84289344
Why did the execution have to be so bad? I get what they were going for and it honestly it was ambitious but they just can't handle writing.

For instance, what was S2 bad religion dude's motivation for becoming satan and what not?
>>
>>84291289
his motivation was he wanted to be a "dark avatar"
>>
>>84289344
the first avatar episodes told a wrong story which didn't make sense in how people fought each other just after spirits departed, leaving out questions like how the cycle was made and how the nations were divided.
Would've been better if it was taken place where humans were cornered by spirits, Wan volunteers to be one of the few who went out to fight discarding the lion turtles giving the elements. In that battle Wan cowardly runs away, gets lost and passes out, wakes up in front of a dragon, befriends it and started to get each other along having the dragon defend Wan using fire making Wan wishing to learn to throw fire giving the opportunity to show how benders used to learn to bend with the original masters.
Later Wan travels around learning the other elements while traveling with the masters and then everytime he encounters a town of people hiding from spirits, he teaches them one element depending on which one could be useful for them leaving the master to keep them teaching them for future generations and that would hint at how the cycle is formed, first fire, then air, followed by water and lastly earth.
Mastering all 4 elements he confronts the spirits, enters the avatar spirit for the first time in a life or death situation and send them back to their world.
Years later humans already bending elements would start to grow their villages into countries and have them fighting for territory with each other so now the Avatar steps in to stop their fights and teach them about balance putting end to wars and whatever else the avatar does
>>
i feel like the only person who thought season 3 of korra was pretty much as good as a season of legend of aang.
>>
>>84291052
Pretty much this.

A huge problem with the show is that the teenagers of Korra are somehow more immature and useless than the kids in Avatar. They could have potentially made this into an interesting premise, but instead it's just really obnoxious and tedious to watch.
>>
File: 1482853281160.gif (940KB, 377x357px) Image search: [Google]
1482853281160.gif
940KB, 377x357px
>>84289646
>kuvira's 'secret weapon' is a giant mecha

aaaaand dropped
>>
I don't know why people always bitch about the Korra ending. I realize this is a foreign concept for most of you, but asking a girl on a date is usually a spur of the moment thing, not something that requires four seasons of buildup. The ATLA ending was different because Aang and Katara were in love after three seasons of buildup. Korra's ending is just a girl asking someone out, it's not supposed to be some earth-shattering plot twist.
>>
LoK was a lot worse writing wise, but I'll defend the fights and the soundtrack.

It's a different style of fighting, but choreography wise it's just as good.

>>84291644
One problem is that the kids in ATLA were hyper competent for their age so the teens in LoK seem a lot shittier in comparison.

>>84291581
Lots of people think that, 4chan (/co/ especially) just has a massive hateboner for Korra.
>>
>You are an Earth Kingdom soldier, captured by the Fire Nation
>They are interrogating you for information about Ba Sing Se's defenses
>Loyal to your country, you refuse to budge
>Suddenly Azula comes in
>"I shouldn't be surprised you fools have failed in such a simple task. Leave us. Five minutes with this prisoner and I'll have him singing like a canary-frog"
>The guards leave

What happens next?
>>
File: Sad Korra.jpg (28KB, 250x215px) Image search: [Google]
Sad Korra.jpg
28KB, 250x215px
>Avatar thread
>Constant bitching about Korra

Why was I expecting anything else?
>>
File: Charming_Ty_Lee.png (109KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
Charming_Ty_Lee.png
109KB, 333x250px
Why was this allowed?
>>
>>84289344
>The S4 villain wanted to rule the world in an iron fist.
That's plain wrong tho
>>
>>84291783
because your waifu a shit and a waste of potential.
>>
File: 1496688497877.gif (1019KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
1496688497877.gif
1019KB, 500x278px
What did Nickelodeon mean by this?
>>
>>84288893
Nothing says level headed and calm like kidnapping and forcing people to join the air tribe, abandoning their lives and families all because you say that's how things should be.
How stupid were the writers really that they actually wrote in a character that expressly stated he didn't want to go with Korra and join the air nomads and she actually physically drags him out because that's what she wants. Stupid fucking bitch, stupid fucking writers, garbage shit show.
>>
>>84291669
because it was thrown there, the entire series of LoK never hinted these two getting this sort of attraction, as friends I do believe because after Asami disappearing fro a good while makes her appearance and now Korra is in love with her. Is not realistic, I don't buy the idea that these two who dated the same guy, had a rivalry were able to give birth to a love between each other. When she asked Asami i saw it as being a friendly invitation since is her only girl friend around the same, her holding hand before entering is a clear sign of fear from Asami and Korra's way to tell her everything is ok but then they stare at each other is if it was a marriage which was stupid
>>
>>84286211
Likable characters, good visuals and setting
>>
>>84288357
But she does not wear heels
>>
>>84291818
funny how they had 2 piece bikini in ATLA while LoK had to take steps back making a one piece bikini
>>
>the director of LoK changed Korra to lesbian because of shipper
thats why you dont listen to fan
>>
File: end.png (233KB, 636x357px) Image search: [Google]
end.png
233KB, 636x357px
I love how people absolutely lose their shit over this.

>OH NO TWO GIRLS HOLDING HANDS AND NOTHING ELSE THIS IS FORCED SJW PROPAGANDA I GOTTA BLAME THE JEWS FOR THIS AND CALL SOMEONE A KEK THIS TOTALLY MAKES THE WHOLE SHOW SHIT
>>
Killing literally all air benders was a wasted opportunity
>>
File: 1255725059866.jpg (57KB, 460x287px) Image search: [Google]
1255725059866.jpg
57KB, 460x287px
>>84292202
>see a series you like get ruined by pandering to Tumblr shipping bullshit and throwing out anything Tumblrites don't gigglesquee about
>the finale ends with the ultimate Tumblr pandering
>wondering why this annoys people
>>
The characters were well written and fleshed out. Most character's (Zuko and Iroh's specifically) development was completely on point.

The world was built on real world philosophy and history. The cultures and personalities of each nation were rooted in their respective element. The martial arts of each element were based on real-world styles. Tai Chi is about the flow of energy(water), Northern Shaolin is based on extending the body and long, aggressive techniques that explode and drive through the opponent.(fire), Hung Gar is about being grounded with a strong stance and standing your guard(Earth), and Ba Gua Zhang is about being able to move and change direction without pausing(air).

I honestly think the first series did what people like about Harry Potter better than Harry Potter. It masterfully showed that there were good and bad guys on every side. It had great lessons for the kids and great philosophies for the adults. And the story was pretty original.

Not to mention the animation was fantastic.
>>
>Aang couldn't procreate enough airbenders with Katara
>Only had one water bender, one airbender and a non bender
>Tenzin is making her wife to pump kids and his seeds are so superior all of them are born talented airbenders

It would've been great for Tenzin to have more than one wife if his intention was to increase the population of airbenders, having one wife wouldn't help him reach his goal. It seems like his best bet is to get women descendant from earthbenders since his wife has green eyes and is a common trait of earthbenders and children of earthbenders

>>84292202
hello tumblr, you seem lost because you clearly aren't reading everyone's thought about this scene.
>>
>>84292202
And yet it Killed Korra. Because of this shit, Nick moved Korra to after 12 midnight. We will oppose you however we can. I'm on forums where hundreds are talking about the fag agenda namely in shows like Loud house and others. We're protecting our children. And it's you who'll suffer. If no one buys your garbage, no one will make it.
>>
File: 1436721393590.png (146KB, 452x403px) Image search: [Google]
1436721393590.png
146KB, 452x403px
>>84292260
>>84292295

>I have no arguments, so I better just namedrop that website I don't like
>>
>>84286211
No white people.
>>
File: 1483782496144.gif (415KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
1483782496144.gif
415KB, 480x238px
>>84292339
>>
>>84292337
lol
>>
>>84292337
What the hell are you talking about, the lesbian thing is literally the last scene of the show, how could that "kill" it.

This is why you people are just as bad as the SJWs. You make bizarre arguments that clearly come from people who have never seen the show in question or know anything about it
>>
>>84291737
"I-I'll never talk, Fire Nation scum...i-it's really hot in here..."
>>
>>84292399
>don't have an argument so i'll just type lol
>>
File: freud.jpg (5KB, 189x266px) Image search: [Google]
freud.jpg
5KB, 189x266px
>>84288052
Penis envy
>>
>Why were the movie and sequel show shit?
E;R senpai explains all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmKaQqinWKY&t=556s
>>
>>84292410

Not to mention it's hardly even a lesbian thing. It's just two girls holding hands, which is perfectly normal for friends.
>>
Any shows similar to ATLA?

NOT Korra though
>>
>>84292337
i really wouldn't be bothered for Korra to be a lesbo if she had a good writing and was better developed but she didn't and pisses me off how people simply take it because "hurr fuck you bigots", they will eat up anything just by throwing that virtual signal these and ignore if the show was good or badly written.
Glad that avatars don't have to be from the same tree or else she would've killed the avatar lineage permanently since she allowed all the past ones to disappear
>>
>>84292588
>Not to mention it's hardly even a lesbian thing
The creators themselves will strongly disagree with you, cuck.
>>
>>84286293
Korra was awful. Let's outline some of why!
- The technology makes no sense and is poorly integrated into the world. In the original show, they had trains that were powered by earth benders. That made sense, because it's a logical extrapolation that the people in the show might make: why power a train with electricity when you could power it with earthbending, like they traditionally do? And yet in Korra, electricity, electricity, electricity! Everything is powered with inefficient electricity transfer systems that no one in the world would ever have come up with, instead of water, earth, or firebending that people in the world would actually use for travel.
- Speaking of, why are there so many lightning benders? The first show makes a huge point out of it being EXTREMELY dangerous to do, and only masters of the art of firebending being capable of doing it. It's easy to roast yourself if you're not careful, and it requires immense concentration. And yet every Joe Schmo working in the factories for shit pay is a lightning bender just pumping generators full of electricity. This directly contradicts EVERYTHING set up in the first show about bending lightning.
- Korra was massive fucking Mary Sue. Aang spent years mastering air bending and was considered a master air bender, a prodigy and a genius when it comes to bending. Despite that, it takes him many months of intense, daily training to become merely proficient in another one of the bending techniques, and he never fully masters earth bending because he sucks at it so much.. And he's only able to do it that fast because he's under immense pressure to finish before the comet returns, as the other avatars before him tell him that it should take him years and years normally.
Korra has mastered every single one except for air by the time she's 4. Without rigorous training. And then masters air in less than half a year. Without any real pressure on her whatsoever. Watface.jpg.
>>
>>84288802
Reminded me of this pic. I had it saved for years. Favorite piece of avatar porn(ish). Forgot about it till now.
>>
File: PROMOTIONS.jpg (18KB, 320x375px) Image search: [Google]
PROMOTIONS.jpg
18KB, 320x375px
>>84292721
>>
>>84288802
Holy fuck I need more
>>
File: 1472682151043.png (579KB, 925x531px) Image search: [Google]
1472682151043.png
579KB, 925x531px
>>84292613
Wakfu is alright
>>
>>84292665
Continued!
- Remember how the first avatar had a lot of spiritual stuff in it? Remember how that was very important for the plot, and was how the avatar got his powers in the first place? Remember how the avatar's main job was to keep the peace between the spiritual world of ghosts, demons, gods, and spirits and the mortal world? Because the writers of Legend of Korra apparently don't. Only by the very end of the show do they start to add in some of that spirituality stuff, and even then only brush the surface. For the most part, it is entirely glossed over for real world issues instead.
- Bloodbending. It's only possible during the moon. Except now it isn't. Because apparently the moon and sun no longer change the power of the fire and water benders, despite that being a central plot point of the original series.
- Fanservice. Did you like General Iroh being voiced by the same person who did Zuko? Because all the fujoshits did! Did you like the progressive lesbian romance out of fucking nowhere? Because tumblr did! Does it make a lick of sense, given both the characters who were """lesbians""" both were very interested in men and pursued them heavily beforehand? Nope! Does that matter? Apparently not, because lesbians!
>>
>>84292410
>>84292588
Avatar ended years ago yet it's rewatched again and again and again. Korra doesn't and will never have that. They killed it.

>>84292588
And to answer your question, you moron, the thing about you lefties is how loud you virtue signal. The makers literal told the presses what they did and wanted everyone to pat them on the back for being so clever and it blew up in their faces. And then they complained and called everyone bigots. It's like those assholes at marvel comics who spat on the cis straight white male scum, who were their only comic buyers. The tumblerinas and feminist and fags didn't even buy their comics. So one after the other the books failed. One book had less than five thousand units sold.

Another only sold a few hundred. It was glorious.

>>84292642
I don't want faggots in my kids programming. That's the problem now, they're allowed to spam normalcy with their irregularities but no one's allowed to spam their degeneracy with conservative Christian values. Either it goes two ways or no way.

The series was shit but re-watchable. That fag shit just killed all of it, including the classic show. People are forgiving and tolerant when you're about doing you, but when when these people start making incursions into the home of people and begin to infect their children, that's a line one shouldn't cross.
As a mother said, her daughter's too young to ask her what a lesbian is. She wants her daughter to be old enough to make a choice as to where she wants to be and not have some one indoctrinate her with shit before she's old enough to understand the implication of her choices.
>>
Did Korra retroactively made TLA worse?
>>
>>84292879
I'd almost say so
>>
>>84292588
Take off your heteronormative lenses anon
>>
>>84292721
Get that degenerate fuck off my board, you nasty bitch!
>>
>>84292613

No, t's all downhill from there. I remember trying to fill the void after finishing Avatar (and Korra, haters gonna hate) with the so-called best anime ever "Cowboy Bebop", but it was an absolute snorefest. Just wait a year and re-watch Avatar. It's the best you'll get.
>>
>>84286211
One of the few nickeljew shows that weren't dragged out past their lifespan and ended decently
>>
>>84292874
>you lefties

I wonder how you came to the conclusion that I'm a leftie.
>>
File: 1447613918625.jpg (127KB, 800x997px) Image search: [Google]
1447613918625.jpg
127KB, 800x997px
>>84292854
>- Bloodbending. It's only possible during the moon. Except now it isn't. Because apparently the moon and sun no longer change the power of the fire and water benders, despite that being a central plot point of the original series.

Reminder that this piece of shit called it years before
>>
>>84292337
anon i'm pretty sure the last season of korra was only aired online. nick has hated the avatar series for a long time because it doesn't give them merchandising money the way spongebob does. they fluffed the first season of korra by reducing the number of episodes in a season down to just over 10. i feel like fan pressure was the main reason why they even bothered finishing it. we will never see another spinoff in the avatar universe again, feels bad man. i heard the comics of legend of aang are good though
>>
>>84292854
- Why do the non-benders hate the benders? They say in the show its because the benders are oppressing the non-benders...except there's no proof of this... and the only oppressing group in the story is the equalists.... and the benders are often quite poor and work shit jobs (see the master-class fire benders working for shit pay pumping lightning in factories). So the entire conceit of the first season makes no goddamn sense.
- More fanservice! Hey, did you like the first series? Great! Have some Toph out of nowhere! Does it make sense? No, but fuck you for asking questions, enjoy the fanservice!
- Remember how AAng was super humble and was based on the Dalai Lama, a pacifist and very humble man who fervently wishes not to be worshiped as a god? Well, the writers of Korra forgot that, too! Have a massive fucking statue of Aang in the middle of the city (that remember, he would have had to approve of. I guess he isn't so humble, huh?) and all the hero worship--as well as literal worship!--of him throughout the lands.
>>
>>84292202
>literally nothing in the entire show leads up to korra and whatsherface lezzing out
>suddenly they're into eachother 5 minutes before the shows finale
>>
>>84292854
>Because the writers of Legend of Korra apparently don't. Only by the very end of the show do they start to add in some of that spirituality stuff, and even then only brush the surface. For the most part, it is entirely glossed over for real world issues instead.
but anon the second season was called 'spirits' and was all about how the balance between the real world and the spirit world was askew. there was even a two parter about the first avatar and how he led humans out of the spirit world and into the real world.
>>
Why did Nickelodeon hate Avatar so much? I remember they aired the first half of season three from October to thanksgiving. Then leaked an episode. Then released a dvd in April the featured two episodes they hadn't aired yet. And then they just said fuck it and aired the rest of the show over one week concluding with the last four episodes as a movie event.

And they didn't treat Korra any better. The last two seasons weren't even aired on tv, if memory serves.

wtf was their problem?
>>
>>84292953
I know a lot of conservatives, not a one supports this kind of shit. Not a one. You're either a leftie, an independent, a progressive or all of the above.
Remember I do when Will and Grace was all the rage and of how people at the office would go on about how awesome it was and some fool would ask me and I'd respond with, "I don't watch shit." And they'd respond with, "You have a problem with gay people?" And I responded with, "I hope we're not making an issue of this, are we? We'd better not. I'm here to work, as are you, you keep to yourself and I'll do the same and the only time we should ever speak is when it concerns work. Other than that. Keep that shit to yourself." Like a fucking boss. And you know what, they thought they were lefties, progressives and Independents. But I knew they were just nosy annoying cunts who talked too much.
>>
>>84286293
Korra is star wars prequel tier lorerape. The political message pushing is just the icing on the shit pile.
>>
File: 1445722183259.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1445722183259.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>>84288458
DELETE THIS
>>
>"Listen Zuzu, we need to keep the royal bloodline pure. Father made the mistake of marrying a commoner and you know how that turned out. For the good of the Fire Nation, we must keep the power to rule within our family. Now stop pretending you don't want this, and take your pants off."

How did Nickelodeon get away with this?
>>
>>84292339
Their argument is the scene is shit because it's obviously just there to pander to a certain group of people and not there to bring any weight or nuance to the material. Not hard to understand.
>>
>>84293144
It was a different time
>>
>>84286211

I didn't watch it until years after it aired but it felt contained which is what any cartoon/anime/show should do.

You have a narrative that you want and a goal of how to do it. It's tone was fairly consistent but it had some comedic moments.

It really was quite good for cartoon. I liked the anime artstyle too.
>>
>>84292665
I agreed, the technology was only beneficial to non benders which makes me wonder what are they complaining about? They proven to be better for not relying on the powers of the element and create stuff that benders never thought it would be possible. It seems like republic city was made for the non benders because the technology is so great you don't need elements anymore. Let's ignore how much they advance compared to First Avatar and ATLA time gap.
Lightning benders was for those who mastered fire bending so having everyone do it in LoK really kills the purpose of why so few were able to do it in ATLA, it wasn't because it was new but because not everyone was an expert of firebending, not even Aang was able to reach that level not even in the avatar state.
Although Aang didn't really master earthbending, i remember in one episode Toph point out that he learned the basics but never continue training because he started training for firebending so Aang went to fight not fully mastering all 4 element except for Air.
And then there was metalbending which apparently those who fully do it forgot how to earthbend, although some will say it was exclusively to Toph's blindness and I disagree because Toph learn why metalbending is possible. And it was nice that they throw how not every metal can be bend because even if its called metalbending it is still earthbending, which makes me wonder why calling it metalbending if you can't bend all the metals unless they have earth element in it.
Then there is lavabending which i don't understand why they added that because is now two elements (fire and earth) which means those who share genes with a firebender (ex. being relatives like Mako and Bolin) can do it, which means that firebenders can also lavabend? Because if that's the case then firebenders and Earthbenders are too OP

Since lavabend exist, what other fusion elements can be explored?

>>84291573
remember that the waterbender master was the moon, not an animal.
>>
>>84293113

All I said was I didn't see two girls holding hands as anything lesbian, and I'm not aware of the creators saying they certainly are. That doesn't automatically mean I'm on a certain side of politics. My political views are mostly on the right side.
>>
File: leaves from the vine.gif (533KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
leaves from the vine.gif
533KB, 500x280px
The entire 4 seasons of Korra didn't have the emotional weight that one scene in ATLA had.

Pic fucking related.
>>
>>84293020
Nick saw the backlash the final episode caused. It was literally everywhere. They're edging it in with Loud House but we're working on that one, even now.

>>84293284
They announced it before the episode was out. They announced it and people turned on them because of it.
>>
>>84293286
i dunno man i think i got goosebumps at the end of season 3 when the airbenders ring the chimes
>>
File: 1498400197662.jpg (52KB, 523x724px) Image search: [Google]
1498400197662.jpg
52KB, 523x724px
>>84293334
>Nick saw the backlash the final episode caused. It was literally everywhere.
you realise the people getting outraged over it are a tiny fucking minority right?

pic related, you
>>
>>84293087

Nick has been ass backward retarded ever since what I can best guess is more than half their talent moved to Cartoon Network during the early 2000s. They never recovered after that and have, quite literally, road on Spongebob Squarepants every since.

ICarly was a surprise hit with teens but beyond that they have just really been bottom barrel. I don't know if it's their decision making or risk taking that's taken them down this path but it's just really weak shit for basically going on nearly 20 years now.
>>
>>84293087
avatar doesn't sell merchandise, the show remains as long as they profit from it and apparently Avatar was not giving them that much profit
>>
>>84293087
Avatar wasn't exclusively made for kids.
>>
So how long until netflix buys the rights?
>>
>>84293443
i could totally see it happening. i don't think the 2 main writers have it in them anymore to write more stuff. maybe they might let someone else write something before korra and before aang.
>>
>>84293373
I know we're protecting our kids and the many I've spoken to are protecting their kids and that's really all you can hope for. Loud House is our next target and we're telling everyone who'll listen of what dangers Loud House presents. Disney XD, ABC family and others are fag central. We encourage people to watch classical shows on youtube. It's safer for their children. We even tell our kids how damaged degenerates are. That they're disgusting creatures who allowed their unnaturalness to overrule normalcy.
>>
>>84293486
>maybe they might let someone else write something before korra and before aang
They fucking better. Korra world was dogshit. But I do hope if they don't do try expand on the avatar origin story shit from korra.
>>
Ironically the best episoded were the ones that didn't focus on Aang, and the final season was crap.
>>
>>84293286

I dunno, man. How many people did Iroh and his son kill in the war? Sure, it's a great loss for Iroh, but they weren't good people.
>>
>>84293581
the final battle wasn't satisfying, was spiritbending the solution? seems like an asspull but Aang retardeness of not killing, despite already doing that, didn't make any sense but how else would've stop Ozai?
>>84293486
how about one in the current time where everyone forgot everything about the avatar until the next avatar is born?
>>
Even though I like the original series better, Korra haters are pretty edgy and autistic.
>>
>>84293634
being a soldier in a war doesn't make you a bad person
>>
>>84293634
The Fire nation did nothing wrong.
>>
>>84293634
How many people did Aang kill when he turned into a fucking water kaiju?
How many people did Sokka kill when he crashed the zeppelins filled with normal rank-and-file soldiers?

See why post-modernist, moral relativist interpretations of stories is cancerous?
Don't ever do that.
>>
>>84293634
Prior to Ozai, the fire nation genuinely believed that what it did was for everyone's own good.
>>
Listen I don't know about any of this political shit, I just know that I want Azula, Korra, and Kuvira to use me as a fucktoy
>>
File: pelswick korra.jpg (34KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
pelswick korra.jpg
34KB, 333x250px
So have any Avatar comics been released since the one about Zuko's mother?
>>
watched it like almost 10 years ago
time to rewatch /tv/?
>>
>>84293810
yes, it holds up well.
>>
Who else feels like out of all the books, Book 4 was the worst one just because of the wasted potential? The technology evolution was logical until Kuvira had that giant skyscraper mech. Korra's PTSD started off strong but ended sloppy. Shitty side characters like Prince Wu took up half the running time.
>>
File: Airbender.jpg (477KB, 1850x814px) Image search: [Google]
Airbender.jpg
477KB, 1850x814px
>H..he's making fire out of nothing!
What the fuck was Shyamalamalalan thinking with this shit?
>>
>>84293889
someone post the webm

you know the one
>>
Korra Season 1 is watchable, but would have been so much better if that fake Aang picture turned out to be true.
Everything after felt increasingly worse, to the point where the last season was unwatchable.
>>
>>84293865
3 > First half of 4 > 1 >>>>>> 2 >>>>>> second half of 4
>>
>>84293889
This is a thing in the movie? How does firebenders win a war with such disability
>>
>>84293865
I'd argue Book 2 was the worst because the entire thing felt like a shitty fanfic (muh Dark Avatar) and the Avatar Wan episodes took a complete dump on the established lore from The Last Airbender.
>>
>>84293673

Depends what side you're on.
>>
>>84294092
It's depressing that Wan was such a better protagonist, but was relegated to the lore rape episodes.
Seeing someone that fucked up and tried to improve themselves, rather than having the world cater to him, was a stark imrpovement over Korra
>>
>>84293700
they didn't die, they just got hurt but escape safely but it happened off screen so you wouldn't know
>>
File: earthbending.gif (2MB, 300x171px) Image search: [Google]
earthbending.gif
2MB, 300x171px
>>84294049
because Earthbenders were even more incompetent
>>
>>84292613
You might like thunderbolt fantasy, anon.
>>
>>84294117
That doesn't mean shit anon. If I was a german national in WW2 and got drafted to fight the allies that doesn't make me a bad person.
>>
>>84294170
6 earth benders in the show could do the rock-a-lanche easily
>>
>>84294170
>>84294238

>It takes 6 benders to move a rock and one to shoot but they need to make a small dance so activate their powers
no wonder fire nation took over the earth nation that easily
>>
File: 1380049957944.jpg (349KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1380049957944.jpg
349KB, 1024x683px
>>84286293

I dropped LOK in season 1 when they built up such a great mysterious villain (guy with the mask. I cant remember his name its been awhile)

the ending of season 1 was so much wasted potential and such an ass pull.

However I've heard multiple times that season 3 was great and has one of the franchises best villains.

Is this true bros?
>>
>>84294151
> Wan was such a better protagonist
I found him to be a totally evil and unsympathetic. Just watch how he kills a bunch of guys for trying to hunt for food, or how he just impulsively reacts to everything by blowing it away with fire.

>Seeing someone that fucked up and tried to improve themselves
In the end, he didn't do anything to make the world a better place. He separated humans from spirits, but wasn't able to stop humans from murdering the shit out of each other.

>rather than having the world cater to him
You're right. All he had to do was just ask the lion turtles for bending powers and boom, he's a master in all 4 elements.
>>
>>84294170
>>84294238
>>84294247
I'm fairly sure the one guy at the end was supposed to be the only one animating the rock, but Shamalangalingdong was too incompetent to show what the dancing Benders were actually doing
>>
>>84294276
yes. Skip the awful Season 2 and watch season 3.

It's great the whole way through. Season 4 is serviceable, just don't set your expectations too high
>>
>>84294276
season 3 villain is good but had an asspull power which kills his seriousness
>>
>>84294117
Thay literally only applies to WW2, the only war that was defined to have objectively good and evil sides for political reasons.
>>
>>84294284
i know, but is still hilarious how people thought it was that way the first time but still, compared to the series, earthbenders were more faster when gliding the rocks to shoot them, everything was all about impact and instantaneous but these ones sure love to take their time
>>
>>84294276
>However I've heard multiple times that season 3 was great and has one of the franchises best villains.
When people say that S3 was the best, what they really mean was that it was inoffensive compared to the other seasons.

Book 1 was a massive disappointment and one of the worst instances of wasted potential in the history of TV animation.
Book 2 raped, chewed up, and spat out the wonderful lore of the original series and retconned everything to hell and back. The Avatar series unrecognizable anymore after those atrocious Avatar Wan episodes.
And Book 4 was one of the most cynical and sleazy attempts at virtue-signaling out there.

Book 3, for all of its problems, was the least shitty, but that's not saying much.
The villain is a bit overrated. He just waxes philosophical and has some cliche but workable dialogue, but none of his views appear to make much logical sense in the context of the world of Avatar. He's just a textbook anarchist like Bane from TDKR.
>>
>>84294276
Doesn't matter what season you watch because Korra is a shit character who doesn't develop or learn from her mistakes apart from wallow in her own failures as the worst Avatar in history.
>>
>>84294177

Iroh was a general and his son was the nephew of the guy leading the war. They weren't exactly innocent soldiers who had no choice.
>>
File: NYCC-LegendOfKorra-1.jpg (216KB, 1024x684px) Image search: [Google]
NYCC-LegendOfKorra-1.jpg
216KB, 1024x684px
this is the Korra's directors
>>
>>84294438
Well no but I'm pretty sure this was about "being a soldier in a war", not a general.
>>
>>84294284
The problem is that in the shows, the elements move in sync with the bender's arm and leg movements, which creates the cool, dazzling effects. In the movie, characters just wave their limbs around and the elements just hover in front of them. I don't know if this was an intentional design decision or an issue with the special effects/budget
>>
>>84294429

Book 2 of Korra could be the biggest pleb filter of all time. Sure, the first six episodes were kinda slow, but the rest of the season was great, and especially the Wan episodes. Some people hate these episodes because it went against their headcanon and took away muh avatar mystery, but pay no attention to them. In fact, the second half of season 2 was when I fell in love with the show after only thinking it was okay up to that point.
>>
LoK was good
ATLA was better because happy birthday my son, if only I could've helped you

Leaves from the vine,
Falling so slow.
Like fragile tiny shells,
Drifting in the foam.

Little soldier boy,
Come marching home.
Brave soldier boy,
Comes marching home.

sheltered conservacucks hates ATLA because Korra might've been bisexual
>>
File: CVKG7sNWUAERTjX.jpg (113KB, 600x617px) Image search: [Google]
CVKG7sNWUAERTjX.jpg
113KB, 600x617px
>>84294466
the eternal (((nu-male))) strikes again.
>>
>>84294466
>lumberjack shirt
>thick rim glasses
>hipster hairstyle
it all makes sense no with the "humanity is bad, nature good" and "strong empowering woman"
>>
>>84294466
The guy on the left (Joaquim Dos Santos) is one of the few people who actually had a clue what he was doing. He handled the direction for a lot of the action scenes; one of the few redeeming traits of Korra.

Konietzko (guy on the center) is a virtue signaling cuck who was responsible for the worst story decisions.
Not too familiar with the guy on the right.
>>
>northern native chicks are only good looking for 3 or 4 years of their lives
>all the avatar water tribe girls are qtpies

it isn't fair
>>
LOK season 3 was shit.

Zaheer and the others were shallow, Bolin was given asspull powers, Earth Queen was cartoonish, Zaheer's closeness to P'lia (?) was tacked on and his flight makes no fucking sense in how unique it is based on how you achieve it i.e. every airbender who's reached enlightenment (let go of earthly attachment) should have it but they don't
>>
File: Master Race.jpg (224KB, 820x820px) Image search: [Google]
Master Race.jpg
224KB, 820x820px
Friendly reminder that water tribe is master race.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf6zz1PDtCk

WTF is this shit. How people defend this
>>
>>84294629
>tanned skin with blue eyes
>is not as cute in real life
is not fair
>>
File: 1373104670664.jpg (44KB, 349x320px) Image search: [Google]
1373104670664.jpg
44KB, 349x320px
>>84294629
>get the perfect waifu
>she turns into the moon
>>
Throughout the course of LoK there is one major recurring issue that is never addressed namely asspulls. The first example of this is that Korra never defeats the main evil of the season (with the slight exception of season 4)
In season 1 Amon defeats Korra and takes away her bending only for her to unlock airbending and push Amon out of a window forcing him to use water-bending publicly at this point Amon should have been more then capable of finishing her off yet runs away to get murder-suicide by his brother.
Season 2 is Jinora ex machina with saving her from Uncle Satan (which she helped create)
Season 3 has the winds of destrtuction being defeated by everyone but her (Mako and Bolin vs Ming and Ghazan, Suyin vs P'Li and Zaheer vs the air benders)
Season 4 has the team take down mecha FemStalin (which she is the reason for existing in the first place) with Korra only delivering the final blow
Other examples of Asspulls in the series can be found in the romantic sub-plots, When Korra uses Bolin to get with Mako no real conflict is created outside of that episode with no long term consequences. When Korra is with Mako which hurts Asami nothing comes from that conflict. Finally when the creators needed something big to end on they shoehorned in a lesbian relationship out of left field.
Korra is just asspull after asspull and it ruins what should have been a great show
>>
>>84294658
Nigga you ain't seen nothin yet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3MMeknZ47U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_sVEMkr-5o
>>
File: 1488510624876.jpg (73KB, 718x339px) Image search: [Google]
1488510624876.jpg
73KB, 718x339px
>>84294678
>white hair
>perfect
do you eat semen?
>>
>>84294629
Filthy snow-niggers need to breed with the fire nation master race.
>>
>>84294614
> Zaheer's closeness to P'lia (?) was tacked on and his flight makes no fucking sense in how unique it is based on how you achieve it i.e. every airbender who's reached enlightenment (let go of earthly attachment) should have it but they don't

There was so much mind-numbing stupidity with this shit that I don't even know where to start.
I hate how this show always reverts to ambiguous platitudes to justify these sudden powers and abilities appearing out of nowhere.
What the fuck does 'let go of your earthly attachments' even mean?
So Zaheer lost his gf, but what about his two other friends? Why aren't they considered 'earthly attachments'?
What about his clothes? His desire for food and sustenance? His pride and dignity? What about all of these other things?
In fact, the whole show reverts to these illogical explanations for everything.
Vaatu can turn spirits dark, but Raava can't?
Jinora has a closer link to the spirit world, because reasons???

Fuck this show.
>>
File: 1478904529960.png (77KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1478904529960.png
77KB, 500x500px
>>84294693
I bet you like 3DPD too
>>
>>84294678

Yeah, that's pretty rough.
>>
>>84294692
Did she just... care bear stare?

I am glad I dropped this show on first season
>>
>>84288197
>a few posters liking LoK
>EVERYONE LIKES LoK NOW
I hate you type of people so, so much.
>>
>>84294692
So, how does he fly? Is he an air bender?

And not even airbenders flied like that in the original one.
>>
>>84294794
It's some secret airbending technique he got by stealing some ancient airbending necklace thing.
>>
>>84288197

/tv/ originally liked it, but the /co/ meme must have spread over

Avatar threads two years ago didn't have anywhere near this level of Korra shitposting.
>>
>>84294794
He can fly because he 'let go of his earthly attachments' or 'earthly tethers'. In his case, his gf just got killed so he no longer feels bound by her.

Basically, in order to fly, you have to stop giving a shit about things like friendship, pride, dignity, love, etc. It's the stupidest explanation ever, but hey, 'muh eastern philosophy course 101'.
>>
>>84294857
Even Hitchiker's guide makes more sense
>"There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties."
>>
>>84294794
He's an airbendaboo
>>
>>84292854
>It's only possible during the moon
That was never a hard fact. You just needed to be really powerful, which was only presumed possible during the full moon. Logically, a really powerful waterbender could do it without it.

>Because apparently the moon and sun no longer change the power of the fire and water benders, despite that being a central plot point of the original series.
And a comet powers up firebenders even though comets are made of ice. Don't be selective in your autism.
>>
>>84295076
>You just needed to be really powerful, which was only presumed possible during the full moon. Logically, a really powerful waterbender could do it without it.
Given that Korra kicked the shit out of the generic evil politician guy who could daylight bloodbend, that doesn't hold up.
The series own explanation is his family could do it just because.
>>
>>84286293
The finale is a fucking Mecha

Korra was shit
>>
>>84294856
If it was /co/ meme you should be able to easily refute people shitting on the show
>>
>>84292879
TLA will always exist, but korra removes any chance of a good TLA series ever happening again. rip
>>
>>84293750

This is true. They have a whole episode dedicated to explaining why the firenation started the war and what the terms were. They were the most advanced race and wanted to share their prosperity.
>>
>>84295182
Korra's the avatar. She's supposed to be really powerful even if the show made her the last jobbender
>>
>>84292613
seikan no quasar is an ecchi anime with characters who control elements of the periodic table. It's a bit lewd but it might tickle your fancy.
>>
Honestly Kuvira's Pacific Rim jaeger was so far out of left field that I just kind of rolled with it
>>
>>84295249
>share their prosperity.
in what way invading other nations enters in that definition?
>>
>Aang and zuko just took a piece of earth kingdom land and built not new york on it
In what fucking way did this make sense polutically?
>>
>>84296021
Politically"*
>>
Leaves from the Vine gets a lot of deserved credit for hitting home emotionally, but I think the episode about Zuko's great-grandfather and the conclusion when he comes in all hot angry, hiding his confusion to yell at Iroh is amazing.
So too when Iroh implores Zuko to start asking the real questions about himself when he was about to steal Appa
>>
File: 222.png (304KB, 617x651px) Image search: [Google]
222.png
304KB, 617x651px
>>84296021
>everyone in the colonies think they're fire nation
>but they're in earth kingdom territory
>lol lets just remove their national ties to both countries completly
>>
>>84296021
According to the comics, that land had been occupied for decades by the Fire Nation. even if it was rightful earth kingdom clay, fire nation and earth kingdom citizens began inter breeding and marrying. By the time Aang and Zuko signed the peace treaty that ended the 100 year war, the citizens of that land were neither Earth Kingdom or Fire Nation, they were their own civilization.
>>
>>84290771
He gave us Toph, so I cant fault him for anything
>>
>>84296470
>tfw barely got any flashbacks of police commissioner toph
>>
>>84296470
and Iroh
>>
I would have loved if Korra actually had a good story. Instead of introducing an anti avatar, they could just have turned her evil. She never cared about anybody anyway.
>>
>>84286968
>600 episodes
Nigger I could have become the hokagay in the amount of time it took to pump out all those shit episodes.
I dont have to dedicate my fucking life to avatar the last airbender to see some real action/plot
>>
File: aang.gif (3MB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
aang.gif
3MB, 500x377px
>>84296528
Instead of the Avatar Wan bullshit, we should have had a 2-3 episode arc of the adult Gaang through the years. I get that Korra was supposed to be about a new Avatar with new characters, but there are so many gaps that weren't filled during Korra's run.

>How did Aang die?
>How did Sokka die?
>What was Tenzin like as a kid/young adult?
>Why did Tenzin and Lin break up?
>How did Aang raise his kids?
>Who the fuck did Toph fuck?
>What's going on with Zuko at this time?
>When did Zuko's daughter take over?
>How did Bumi become a successful military commander?

So many questions left unanswered. and we will likely never know these answers because at the rate the comics are going, it will be a decade before we get to see Aang in his 20's.
>>
>>84296595
>no future setting where the main character is an anti-avatar who just wants to be left alone while everyone tries to imprison or kill him
>>
>>84296879
You forgot the literal fuck you to the "what happened with zuko's mom". Also wtf happened to azula?
>>
>>84296979
god, that comic was so awful. it's a shame to, because up until then they were great.
>>
>>84297016
Wait what happened in the comics?
>>
File: Ty Lee 4.jpg (91KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ty Lee 4.jpg
91KB, 960x720px
Why is she so perfect?
>>
>>84297222
Tits
>>
>>84297081
just look up "the search"

you can find it online really easily and it only takes about 20 minutes to plow through the three issues. there's a lot of shit that goes on in it. It's basically a terrible twist and a cop out ending that ruins Zuko's mom and hurts some of Zuko's development as a character.
>>
>>84297222
Who knows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3i8wfgkOlA
>>
>>84293527
lol
>>
The creator is a really cool guy. My gf nannies his twin kids. They're really nice, educated (white) people. I think that helps in it being a good show. It's anime for white people, by white people
>>
>>84292665
>Korra has mastered every single one except for air by the time she's 4.
Are you retarded anon? I was about to actually respond to your points but you can't seriously think that the weak, tiny displays of being able to manipulate multiple elements means she has mastered them right?
>>
>Thread about ATLA
>Korra fags fuck it up

No one cares about your Star Wars Prequel tier fanfiction show
>>
>>84297368
degenerate animefags
>>
File: Elderly_Aang.png (578KB, 1570x1016px) Image search: [Google]
Elderly_Aang.png
578KB, 1570x1016px
My only gripe with both series is that they only tell of the hero's path to be the Avatar. Aang and Korra only become a full fledged, elemental mastery, wise enlightened Avatars in the end of their stories. I wanted to see how a full fledged Avatar handle things. Aang in his prime must've been a total beast.
>>
So did Bryke split up after Korra?
>>
>>84297222
Cute and nice.

Her VA also voiced best Hey Arnold girl
>>
>>84286293
The main reason why the Korra sucked was because the writers had no idea how many seasons they were going to get. They assumed they were only getting one so they just crammed a bunch of shit in one season. There were too many subplots that could have been stretched over multiple seasons
>Korra Bolin Mako love triangle
>Asami Sato and Satomobile
>Amon and antibender revolution
>Pro-bending
>Korra's airbending training
You have to deal with all of this, plus develop Asami, Korra, Mako, and Bolin as characters. It was just too much shit all at once and because of that there wasn't much focus for each.

For example it would have been interesting if Amon's revolution had at least a nugget of truth to it. There wasn't much showing that- the only thing we see is a bending gang in the beginning that Korra beats up. If we understand why Amon's revolution took off and why people started following him it would have made the show and the conflict much more interesting, but instead all we get is a last minute flashback showing him as a bloodbender. We never see why the antibenders even follow him in the first place, because there weren't enough episodes that could be dedicated to that particular subplot.

There were some interesting ideas here and there, but the show overall was just too rushed and it never felt like it had room to let its ideas breathe.
>>
>>84298220
Helga?
>>
File: korra_straitjacket.jpg (50KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
korra_straitjacket.jpg
50KB, 1024x576px
>that random bondage scene in season 3
MUH DICK. Sucks that she was still able to talk.
>>
>>84298256

Rhonda

>Helga
>Best girl

Wew
>>
>>84297990
he probably spend his time showing everyone his fidget spinning trick
>>
>>84297625

Created by two people though
>>
File: BaK4MwE.jpg (26KB, 851x592px) Image search: [Google]
BaK4MwE.jpg
26KB, 851x592px
>>84298308
It's a pretty sweet trick, though.
>>
>>84298620
this is the only thing I love from LoK
>>
>>84297322
Anon this is a whole lot longer than 20 minutes. I thought it would be much worse though even though the retcon is pretty retarded.
>>
>>84292202
because it was forced as hell and came out of nowhere?
>>
File: laughing_elf_man.jpg (17KB, 255x352px) Image search: [Google]
laughing_elf_man.jpg
17KB, 255x352px
>>84295294
>a bit lewd
understatement of the decade my dude
>>
>>84296021
>Republic City is literally Israel
>>
>>84288864
Azula is a literal Goddess and did absolutely nothing wrong.
>>
>>84287155
I'm a socalist and I completely agree. Korra was a reactionary bitch getting in the way of progress.
>>
>>84286211
Legend of Korra was constrained by its want to be a show for young adults while also being a children's program.
>>
File: character_large_332x363_bolin.jpg (42KB, 332x363px) Image search: [Google]
character_large_332x363_bolin.jpg
42KB, 332x363px
>>84300195
yet It felt more childish than its predecessor, especially every time this character was on screen
>>
Because they didn't have an overarching villain / goal and aside from when they crippled her Korra basically had full control over everything except her emotions.

Love quadrangle shit was retarded as fuck too.

Should have had Amon be a distant threat in S1 while we introduce everything and have her learning 1-2 styles of bending she doesn't know (maybe Earth and Fire since Bolin and Other dude?). A few lines about 'Some radical in the Earth Kingdoms is gathering strength but pay them no heed' before tying him into the White Lotus shit, 'why is a guy who hates benders utilizing benders!?' Then around S2 or S3 the Equalists smash into the city we've spent the last few seasons coming to know and love.

I mean i could go on, there's a dozen ways they could have fixed / tweaked it so it wasn't as boring, but those two at the start are the central, structural problems from which all else stems.
>>
>>84300898
>let's make a Sokka
>without all his underestimated ingeniousness
>>
>>84300898
Absolutely. Especially in regards to Bo Lin's character development. Fucking tripe the shit they did with him.
>>
>>84293275
There was also the 'Swamp Benders' from TLA, which i assume is Water + Earth. Or just waterbending rebranded, but they did have some shit made out of vines, maybe just manipulated the water in the vines like Toph manipulated the earth in metal.
>>
>>84301332
Swamp bending is just water bending plants.
>>
>>84298267
Do you think Asami got any ideas during that scene?
>>
>that episode where Zuko and the fire girls go to the island
>that episode with the literal recap play
>>
>>84287124
Plz no
>>
>>84301778
it was a very awkward episode about the house party, specially with what Zuko was going through
>>
File: Azula.jpg (17KB, 467x359px) Image search: [Google]
Azula.jpg
17KB, 467x359px
So who mothered Zuko's children? Because it wasn't that traitor Mai or the Water Tribe whore. Who could it be?
>>
>>84302143
Earth kingdom girl with the big milkers.
>>
>>84301778
>that episode with the literal recap play
It was pretty good for a recap episode.
>>
>>84293275
>Then there is lavabending which i don't understand why they added that because is now two elements (fire and earth) which means those who share genes with a firebender (ex. being relatives like Mako and Bolin) can do it, which means that firebenders can also lavabend
Holy shit lava is just molten earth.

I don't know why retards think it's fire+earth and only possible with some racemixing eugenics program.
>>
>>84302810
imagine if they make dual bending?
The avatar will have to catch on with all the next rules
>>
File: Azula throne.png (903KB, 671x866px) Image search: [Google]
Azula throne.png
903KB, 671x866px
>Get on your knees, anon. I have had a long day and my feet are tired. You will clean them with your mouth like the peasant scum that you are. Well? What are you waiting for?
>>
>>84286293
fpbp
>>
>>84302143
>traitor Mai
I remember they broke up in one of the comics and there was a new one which Mai was involved. Did they get back or did their relationship for good?
>>
>>84304163
Not in the least, man. Korra was caught between its young adult wants and children's program roots. If it was backed by maybe Adult Swim it would've been the GOAT show.
>>
>>84304169
As of the latest comics they are still broken up. The writer and artist of the TLA comics is no longer working on them, and it seems the TLA comics were largely uninterested in addressing the mysteries between TLA and LOK, so it's unlikely we'd ever get concrete answers to things like Zuko's wife or Toph's baby daddies.
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 60

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.