[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will Rey's parentage be the least shocking reveal in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 36

Will Rey's parentage be the least shocking reveal in film history?
>>
>>84273677
He's not her dad
>>
>>84273677
Sloth anakin is her dad.

A FUCKIN SLOTH
>>
>>84273696

Daisy Ridley was asked about it and said she "thought it was obvious". Nothing else is obvious. If you disagree, kill yourself.
>>
>>84273728
Her parents were killed by snokes you dum dum,
>>
>>84273677
Anakin was a child of the force and only ever managed to be as good as any other Jedi. Rey's an irreprebably broken Mary Sue Protagonist so there's no chance in hell her parentage will explain how good she is at everything and as to why she's immediately loved and trusted by all. She's trash, The Force Awakens is trash and the Last Jedi will only be more trash.
>>
Star wars is dead. Only nu males masculine presenting women and gender queers like it.
>>
>>84273757

How is that "obvious" from what we saw in TFA?
>>
>>84273816
She's le chosen one, like Luke.
>>
>>84273816

How is she any more of a "Mary Sue" than Luke was? It seems like you're overreacting to feminism or something. We don't have to hate every female character.
>>
>>84273836
As Chosen one's go both Luke and Anakin got wailed on a lot so she's not at all like either of them. Luke only ever managed to use force sense to tell him when to pull the trigger, thereby launching the Homing Missiles at the right moment so they could find their target and destroy the death star. Second film it took Luke several minutes to pull his saber to him, and even after training with Yoda for several days, he jobs when fighting Vader. Third film is almost two years after the second and Luke barely manages to defeat Vader then Jobs against Emperor. Anakin used Force Danger sense the same way Luke did, it helped him time his movements in avoiding calamity. With this ability he never finished a race until the events of The Phantom Menace. Even though he was a child of the force his abilities only ever made him as proficient as his fellow races. He had to practice to get good. He's taken to battle via remote, and once R2 removes him from the remote by wire control, he avoids danger, happens onto a ship, accidentally hits a fuel tank when firing on oncoming droids then gets the hell out of there. Second film he jobs against Dooku. Third film he jobs against Obi Wan.
Rey's literally a deus ex machina personified. That's how irreparably broken she is. Resistance don't know this little sand nigger from a hole in the ground but they send her to find Luke, a mission that was supposedly vital to the survival of the Resistance. So vital that they decide to send Rey, a no named desert nigger they just met.
>>
>>84273946
Sloth Anakin will explain it all anon don't you worry
>>
>>84273677
kylo is her dad
>>
>>84273946

the fucking protagonist of a story cannot be a "deus ex machina"

take your meds
>>
As long as they don't make rey the "real" chosen one and cuck anakin out of it, then I'm fine with whatever.
>>
>>84273848
Your bait is weak young one, very weak. But still, if you're being half as serious, although I think you're a troll, but if you're being seriously retarded, read this here >>84273946. Luke and his m8 Biggs were both trying out for the academy. In fact Biggs vouched for him because they were both excellent pilots and for fun would hunt down tiger gorilla things on Canyon runs. They'd fly through canyons at break neck speeds shooting at these deadly creatures these tiger gorilla things. Luke was only as competent as his m8. If you'd remember several of his wingmen sacrificed themselves to save Luke's life, and eventually he was saved again by Han. Obi wan taught Luke how to use force danger sense. The same ability Anakin used when racing, the same ability younglings uses to avoid the stinger droid.
Contrast all that to mary sue Rey who didn't believe in the force and suddenly she's a force grand master. Even beyond the Force, she had no business driving the falcon. Both Leia and Luke saw the controls and called it a heap of junk. the Falcon was a custom made Freighter. Meaning, Lando and Han added controls as neccessary. That's like you being an expert at Windows but then some one gives you gentoo. Unless you know the commands you'll foul up often. And you certainly won't be proficient at it within two minutes. Rey had never piloted the Falcon, two minutes later she's a falcon master. She'd immediately loved and trusted by all and can literally do anything. Admit it. She's broken.

>>84273981
Sadly that shipped sailed. She's forevermore a Broken Protagonist. The only equivalent is if Neo had all the powers he developed by the third act of Revolutions, Within the first act of the Matrix. And then someone says, "We'll explain why he's so shit in the follow up film."

>>84274013
And yet Rey is. She's literally the force that furthers along and alters the plot in her direction. All plot points converges for her.
>>
>>84274102
>look at that shitty car. because i called it shitty means i suddenly don't know how to drive it

solid argument
>>
>>84274102
>Your bait is weak young one

Get this cringelord out of my thread

Everything you just said is wrong and retarded

This is what I get for posting during Australian hours
>>
>>84274132
You're crying at this point; wailing like a sad cry baby. I just gave you a solid argument. You're ignoring it of course because that's what babies do, they wail and cry despite their betters showing them otherwise. And that's you, Wailing and moping because this bullshit character means so much to you for some reason. And in lieu of actual rebuttals, you wail and you bitch and you mope and you, it's not fair, it's not fair! You're a sad, sad baby.
>>
>>84273677
Star Wars fans have literally only one twist in mind.
>>
>>84274187

What?
>>
Guys they're movies for kids, holy shit.

No one should care this mch about what is essentially a cartoon.

I cringe so hard when I see someone make their entire personality about star wars. Hurr derr Darth Vader, so edge
>>
>>84274180

what do you do for a living
>>
>>84273677
But that's incest...
>>
>>84274132
>they never pilot it and make comments suggesting theyre unfamiliar with the controls but it it somehow unbelievable that they cant pilot it

lol
>>
>>84274153
Of course it's wrong and retarded because you're so madly in love with this horribly broken mary sue cunt, you can't see the forest for the trees or smell the shit on your flowers. Keep trying, son. Eventually. The ghastly looking actress will notice you and send you email inviting you into her confidence.
>>
>>84274238
I'm a responder, I respond to the force awakens defenders.
>>
>>84274153
>ebbit spacing
>>
>>84273677
No. I can fucking bet that the hueg reveal will be her being created from midichlorians by the last jedi, much like Anakin was
>>
>>84274013
But Star Wars is literally built on deus ex machinas and all kinds of other plot contrivances.
>>
>>84273822

This
>>
>>84274231

>Guys, this is a board dedicated to the discussion of film and television, WHY ARE YOU MAKING THREADS ABOUT A POPULAR FILM FRANCHISE?!!??!?!?!
>>
>>84274231
redeit
>>
>>84274376
>>
They literally said that Rey's parents were not in force awakens. Like is not the father. Ha doy son
>>
>>84274272
did rey, a girl that has spent her life as a mechanic, ever make that comment?
>>
>>84274407

No one ever said that.
>>
>>84274407
she is obi wan's granddaughter

holy shit guys its so obvious
>>
File: tfa.jpg (194KB, 913x737px) Image search: [Google]
tfa.jpg
194KB, 913x737px
>people still give a shit about Mouse Wars
>>
>>84274426

just the fucking dude in charge
>>
>>84273718
>>84273981
can someone explain this sloth meme? is it related to the force tree leaks?
>>
I really wish they hadn't made rey's parents a JJ abrams style mystery. Either it's Luke and thus obvious or some nobody and boring.

Making it Obi Wan would take so much explaining to the average audience and setting up who obi wan was with and how and why it wouldn't be worth it.
>>
>>84274455

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-force-awakens-rey-parents-not-seen/

Moron.
>>
Truth is nobody cares because the "writers" don't even know who she is. It's a clusterfuck made by a comittee who were only concerned about gender and race politics to increase their sales. T
>>
>>84274485

>I really wish they hadn't made rey's parents a JJ abrams style mystery.

What are you talking about? Did "they" make Finn and Poe and Hux and Snoke and Phasma and Han Solo's parents a mystery, too?
>>
>>84274497

i will believe a candid statement over the calculated one designed to reignite retarded speculating every day
>>
>>84274535

no, they didn't show any scenes with those characters being dropped off as children by parents purposefully concealed.
>>
>>84273696
the new trilogy is official part of 'the skywalker saga'.
in the 2nd trailer we here luke talk about how the force is strong in his family and that rey has that power too.
>>
>>84274525

Dude, when you say shit like this, you're proving the feminists right. You're literally opposed to a film and a character because she's female. Men and women aren't supposed to be enemies. It's ok for them to be a protagonist sometimes, and it's not a new phenomenon either, lol. We like each other <3
>>
>>84274485
>I really wish they hadn't made rey's parents a JJ abrams style mystery

Agreed, it's unheard for the protagonist in a Star Wars film to not know who their parents are
>>
>>84273848
Luke in ANH
>Whiny lil shit
>Get's shit on by everyone except the droids, Aunt May, and Obi Wan
>Receives first hand training from one of the most powerful Jedi Masters to have existed
>Is only able to perceive where the training drone is going to fire
>Only real, established skill he has is as a pilot
>Doesn't really grow as a character until the pivotal bridge scene (Luke taking control of his destiny instead of just being swept along with it)
>Needs Ghosty Wan to help him use the Force to land the killing shot on the Death Star

Rey in TFA
>Scavenger Girl with a speeder/swoop
>Knowledgeable about salvage, and ship maintenance. No piloting experience outside her swoop bike
>Apparently incredibly skilled fighter, dispatching multiple aggressors at once with ease
>Once she leaves Jakku literally everyone likes her
>Has never piloted a starship before, yet is able to fly the Millenium Falcon (A notoriously finicky ship) through the dead superstructure of a Star Destroyer while being hounded by a squadron of TIEs
>She's easily able to mind trick her way out of imprisonment and skulk about an Imperial Remnant installation that is magnitude's more valuable than any previous Imperial stations/super weapons in credits and manpower
>Defeats an experienced Dark Jedi who is deeply enraged, the emotional state where the Dark Side manifests most strongly
>No known teacher of the ways of the Force or lightsaber combat
>Mysterious the past, do not steel.
>Leia consoles her instead of Chewbacca
>Luke's expression as The Force gives him premonitions on the direction Disney is taking the franchise
>>
>>84274457
Force tree leaks are fakes made by Disney PR.

Real leaks are this:
Rey is like Luke an incarnation of the force
Her parents tried to take her to Luke when she was young but Snokes found out, they dumped her on Jakku and Snokes killed them
Luke trains Rey in grey side of the force
Luke kills knights of ren in one move
Snokes castle is on rich planet
Fin finds out Snokes uses multiple bodies
Luke tells rey there's something in the sea near the island consuming the force sensitive penguins
Rey goes to fight it
Its a fucking giant sloth
She senses its an illusion
Its anakins force ghost
Banter
Kylo flies to rey because he feels her meditating on the island
Kylo kills/consumes anakins force ghost
More banter
Kylo can't beat luke but beats rey because of a fucking penguin
Snokes shows up
Ends with Luke facing snokes
Also Luke has an x wing stashed away

Also reys special ability allows her to see physically see the force an manipulate it
>>
>>84274603
You don't know the difference between a female character and a feminist one. They went as far as creating a Mary Sue proving that they gone full retard.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (136KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
136KB, 1280x720px
>>84274726
Here's the sloth, BTW this came out AFTER the leaks
>>
not if she's Chewie's kid
>>
>>84274726
Here's the name of the crypt in the Dracula esque castle that Finn finds out about snokes many bodies

Also Luke really wants to kill snokes and is willing to push Rey to get there.
>>
>>84274726
These are the force sensitive penguins on the island, that get in the way of rey fighting kylo and make rey lose

Chewie makes a nest for them under the falcon and gets btfo by them
>>
File: Supreme_Leader_Snoke_Bust.jpg (32KB, 359x600px) Image search: [Google]
Supreme_Leader_Snoke_Bust.jpg
32KB, 359x600px
>>84274726
Snokes is turbo rich and apparently people love him

Sound similar drumpfy??
>>
>>84274726
Also snokes planet is the one in the trailer that looks snowy, its not snow its red under neath and the snow is volcanic ash, also Finn is betrayed by some of the rebels
>>
>>84274646
I mean... It kind of is? Anakin had no dad. Luke knew his father's name and said it as such. He was only wrong on the details.

Rey seems to know who her parents are but all the dialogue is said so that no names or anything is mentioned because ooooh it's a mystery.

Kylo on the other hand they just up and say is Han's son and don't jerk you around on it over the Big Revealâ„¢
>>
File: 1492189205339.png (801KB, 531x797px) Image search: [Google]
1492189205339.png
801KB, 531x797px
>>84273728
She thought the topic of her parentage was obvious, not Luke being her dad was obvious. You dumb little nigger.
>>
>>84274973
The big reveal is sloth anakin in this one

A FUCKIN SLOTH
>>
File: 1411436519152.png (102KB, 450x443px) Image search: [Google]
1411436519152.png
102KB, 450x443px
>>84274726
You pulled all of these except for the Sloth concept art out of your ass nigger.
>>
>>84275012
Nope.avi

How much is Disney paying you BTW?
>>
>>84273946
I highly doubt all of that was perceived by Lucas and the rest. it's just stuff that they noticed after the fact and went "oh oh and remember these things? Well it's because this..."

In the end. Star Wars is shit
>>
>>84274973

>Luke knew his father's name and said it as such. He was only wrong on the details.

yeah, the minor detail that his father was darth vader and not a guy who got killed by darth vader

comme ci comme ça
>>
>>84274997

What do you mean "the topic of her parentage was obvious"? Because that's what I'M saying. No character other than Luke could be "obviously" Rey's father based on what we saw in TFA.
>>
>>84274102
You guys are all dumb. Rey is just a vessel for past jedi's force. She's not special. It's everyone else filling her with their force. Their hot force.
>>
>>84273677
her parentage is the force like Anakin
>>
>>84275103
Just a guess but since her parentage was barely addressed at all besides "You have to let it go they're not coming back" Daisy could've meant that it's obvious that her parentage isn't an issue.
Could be that young Rey was just a random student at Luke's academy who happened to survive the slaughter.
>>
>>84273696
She's his dad.
>>
>>84275071
I'm saying it wasn't a plot cliff hanger. We end ANH thinking Luke was just some dudes son. And when we find out otherwise it's all at once.

Rey on the other hand has force powers but nobody who was old friends with her father to tell her anything and it's all shrouded in JJ mystery. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if JJ didn't know who rey's father was himself. The dude loves mysteries more than answering them. He has a mystery box he hasn't opened in 30 years because he just likes mysteriesâ„¢ so much.
>>
>>84275205

No.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It_olylT42I&t=178s

ABC News: "Everybody wants to know who Rey's parents are. Will that be answered in The Last Jedi?"

Daisy: "At the end of The Force Awakens, I thought everyone was gonna go, oh, that's been answered."
>>
>>84274421
My Uncle was A Major airline mechanic for decades. You wanna know how many of those commercial airlines he flew? She had never flown the Falcon before. And to add it was a custom made Freighter. Meaning its controls were bits added by her owners, namely Han and Lando.

See my analogy about Windows and Linux. Being proficient in Windows means balls when dealing with Bare boned Linux.

>>84274407
>>84274433
>>84274485

Again, her family doesn't mean shit. Anakin was a child of the force and still wasn't a broken Protagonist. Rey's a horribly broken protagonist.

>>84275132
I imagined that this should have been shown because if it was it would have immediately legitimized everything she did. Instead they chose to make her a broken mary sue.
>>
>>84275470
It'll happen bro. Rey gets filled up. With force. I just thought of it and have no evidence. But it's true.
>>
>>84273677

>No, I am NOT your father!
>>
Starkiller when
>>
>>84275604
The force is a pencil in your hand but it doesn't make you a great artist. You have to practice every damned day to be a great artist. Every damned day. Rey picks up a pencil and she's doing Sistine chapel in under a few hours. It's bullshit.
>>
>>84273677
She will be of virgin birth just like Dark vader
>>
>>84275774
Because it's not her. She's the embodiment of the light side. She contains all the Jedi masters that have come before her. Like she's possessed
>>
>>84275882
That's sadly not going to work. It's called retconning. In a movie, like in the movie the Matrix, Neo was told from the outset who the one was and what the one was capable of. So by movie's end, we were not in the least surprised when the one's powers manifested itself. NOW, the sequels were not as well received because people thought the one was some all powerful god when in actuality the one was just a means of control. But in actuality this means of control was given all he ever needed to broker a true and lasting peace that wasn't at all what the first five ones had settled for.

Without any explanation or even voices in her head Rey's all powerful and capable for reason. But the train really leaves the rails when she's immediately loved and trusted by all and is able to fly the falcon effortlessly. Not even a force ghost could help you fly something that they themselves has never flown in.
>>
>>84273677
Y'all will be pretty shocked when it's revealed that she is Ray Palpatine
>>
>>84275989
When you have the collaborated force ghosts of the entire Jedi history inside you... you can overcome anything. She really is the greatest thing to happen to the Star Wars franchise.
>>
They should do a double turn. Unprecedented! Kylo ends up being the good guy. Son of Han. Redeems himself. Rey ends up being the bad.
>>
>>84276131
No, she killed star wars. Star Wars were about Force Users and Rey's the tonne of weight that broke the camel's back. The Force is a piano and to get good at it required you practicing daily. And that's how it always was. Otherwise Obi Wan would have said to Luke, trust in yourself and you can become as awesome as I am within a few hours. Instead he agreed to make Luke his pupil then two years later told Luke to find Yoda. You had to first be taught and then you had to practice over and repeatedly.
>>
>>84276211
And now we have the true prodigy. The culmination of what all past jedis have trained for. To fill up Rey with their hot force. It's actually genius. Fucking brilliance. JJ is the best working director. Maybe best ever
>>
she's probably a force baby like Anakin, or a clone of Luke
>>
>>84274270
You mean the mother?
>>
>>84273677
Anyone obsessed with this parentage garbage is a bottom feeder normie who is trying very hard to look nerdy. No one cared who Luke's mother was, and they only cared who Luke's father was because Anakin was directly referenced in IV. Everyone seems to have forgotten that the reason Vader was such an antagonist for Luke was because Vader had killed his father.

Nobody was ever obsessed with Luke's parentage. Rey is a shit character that everyone is desperately looking for a reason to be interested in her. Yet another reason why Nu Wars is forced meme trash that nobody genuinely likes and everyone will swiftly forget about it.
>>
>>84273677
Skywalker is a gay.......because of daddy issues and incest?
>>
>>84274303
Very cool
>>
JJ Abrams said before they started writing this turd, Kathleen Kennedy asked him "who si Luke Skywalker". This moron must have mumbled something like "what if Luke was a fucking loser who was so amashed that he got his Jedi school wrecked by one bad student, he went into hiding for 30 years, allowing an new empire to emerge and destroy all he achived in the OT"
Sounds great? Madam
Is there a bigger cuck than JJ ABrams at Hollywood? I know Josh Wheldon is taking some flack, but nobody beats JJ dickless Abrams
>>
>>84274153
What the hell is wrong with shitposters who are this lazy?

Like congrats you baited some autist into calling you a retard, how is that exciting? Get yourself killed
>>
File: 1496800762598.png (66KB, 554x400px) Image search: [Google]
1496800762598.png
66KB, 554x400px
>>84273822
t. Beta orbiter Stacy rejected in high school and got his ass whooped by a bull dyke
>>
>>84283232
Nice bait, son. Shit's shit, son, doesn't matter who is at the lead.

>>84280384
It was more of him doing whatever his mistress commands than anything else.
>>
File: 1482141595140.jpg (67KB, 599x588px) Image search: [Google]
1482141595140.jpg
67KB, 599x588px
>>84274603
>>
File: just-another-bug-hunt.jpg (12KB, 385x278px) Image search: [Google]
just-another-bug-hunt.jpg
12KB, 385x278px
> 2 years later and autistic contrarians are still ass blasted about a female protagonist in a 2 hour long toy commercial
>>
>>84284844
Not at all. Female Protagonist, Male Protagonist. You break the established rules, you're a shit character and they don't come any shittier than Rey. Triple X isn't as broken. James Bond, the Roger Moore years isn't as broken. Austin Powers isn't as broken. Nor is One Punch Man. Rey's an irreparably broken Protagonist. Who was a greater Protagonist than Lara Croft in Tomb Raider? Who was a greater Protagonist than Beatrix Kiddo in Kill Bill? Who was a greater Protagonist than Sarah Conner?
>>
>>84273677
I bet she'll be Han and Leia's daughter. Probably got dumped on Jakku so she would be safe from Kylo
>>
>clone wars got cancelled for this shit
>>
>>84285384
And it is shit. Make no bones about that, good anon. It is mountainous levels of shit.
>>
File: star-wars-toys-0002_0.jpg (172KB, 519x612px) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-toys-0002_0.jpg
172KB, 519x612px
>>84284844
Do you still play with your toy figurines after 2 years or did you get board and is eager for Hasbro to released the Episode 8 line?
>>
snoke is literally reys fathers. these movies mirror the original trilogy.
>anakins father figure is the big bad guy sheev
>lukes father is the big bad guy darth vader
>reys father is the big bad guy snoke
its so fucking obvious i cant believe i share this board with such mouth breathing retards
>>
>>84285427
>tfw no more space 'nam
>tfw no edgy ventress story arc
>tfw no darth maul story arc
>tfw delta squad are canon but will probably never be mentioned again
>>
>>84285969

Daisy Ridley said she thought the question of her parentage HAS ALREADY BEEN ANSWERED by what we saw in TFA. The only obvious answer is Luke.
>>
>>84285233

When Han Solo was interacting with Rey, did it seem like he was talking to his daughter you fucking autist
>>
>>84273822
This
Based anon. Only cucks and normies like nu-Star Wars
>>
File: IMG_1153.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1153.gif
2MB, 400x300px
Half this speculation is completely ruled out by Bloodlines, which is canon, and story supervised by Rian Johnson - it's where we learn that Kylo Ren was still Ben Solo and whatever school Luke had established was still functioning and fine only six years before TFA. Rey wasn't dropped on Jakku when the academy fell, since she would have been like 13 and not 4-5 as seen in the flashback.

Evidence in the movie: we take Rey at her word she's literally no one.
Likely: she's somehow related to Obi-Wan.
I hope: she's somehow related to Palpatine.
OR her parents were in league with Snoke, Kylo somehow reveals this to her.
>>
>>84278198
>Anyone obsessed with this parentage garbage is a bottom feeder normie who is trying very hard to look nerdy.

yeah, people are so desperate to impress anonymous autistic strangers

your view of the world is severely skewed, i hope you someday reach a point where innocuous things don't make you so uncontrollably angry
>>
File: IMG_2434.jpg (83KB, 599x588px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2434.jpg
83KB, 599x588px
>>84273848
>the "Luke was a Mary Sue too you muhsoggykneest" meme
>>
>>84286085
Clone Wars was miles above the Shit Awakens. and now it's gone forever.

>>84286153
her being anyone's kid means nothing. She's a mary sue and that's never going to change. In fact the only thing that could make this any better is if The Last While Male, bombs.

If only those beta cucks stopped supporting it.
>>
>>84274707
Reyfags and Disneyfags utterly btfo. How will they ever recover?
>>
>>84275989

that's not what "retconning" means hahahahahaha, you literally don't know what you're talking about, and i can tell you're not trolling, you're actually this butthurt about a girl being the main character of a children's movie
>>
>>84286311
So they're retconning out of their ass in an attempt to fix Ms broke Mary Sue? Sorry, not going to work. She's a kid in the flash back when she was left. Nothing can fix J.J. and Kennedy's screw up.
>>
>>84286311

Daisy Ridley said she thought her parentage was obvious from what we saw in TFA. How would it be "obvious" that she's related to Obi-Wan?
>>
>>84273677
Rey is not a Skywalker or Solo.
>>
>>84286426
It's not necessarily a retcon, it just means the fall of the Jedi academy has nothing to do with Rey being left on Jakku.
>>
I honestly don't care at this point. She's such a boring, unlikable character that she harms my appreciation for something I once loved.
>>
>>84273677
It is so obvious Rylo Ken banged that fish lady in the tavern.
>>
>>84274707
AAAaaaaaaaaand ignore by Daisyfag Mousecucks. Stay BTFO, Disney shills.
>>
File: 1458267742716.png (49KB, 1194x436px) Image search: [Google]
1458267742716.png
49KB, 1194x436px
This is from the msw guys before tfa came out.
>>
>>84286363
>her being anyone's kid means nothing.

That's what this thread is about. We're allowed to talk about it. You're the one who keeps responding to every comment with the same "Mary Sue" reply. We get it. You've made your point. No one else agrees with you. Fuck off.
>>
>>84286551
Isn't Kylo technically both part Skywalker and Solo?
>>
>>84286470

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-force-awakens-rey-parents-not-seen/
>>
File: 15989271764.jpg (670KB, 906x1240px) Image search: [Google]
15989271764.jpg
670KB, 906x1240px
>TFA = female main character
>Rogue One = female main character
>Battlefront 2 = female main character
>Last Jedi = female main character
>Forces of Destiny = female only focused show
>Episode IX = female main character
>Not one new white male character in a lead role since disney takeover

We already know the answer to this.

She is a perfect divine being born of the Force itself. The reincarnation of the first force user and the founder of the Jedi order.

She is perfect in every way and above all criticism.
>>
>>84286461
I don't think that's obvious - obvious is the face value of what she says and what's actually in the movie, she's no one, and as amaz says, it's in her past and no one's coming for her. Obi-Wan as a relative makes for some maximum Star Wars level pottery, particularly the parallels between the Obi-Wan/Vader duel in III and Kylo/Rey in VII, right down to the same grappling. They also did some weird sound manipulation to force the word "Ray" out of recorded dialogue they already had from Alec Guinness in the flashback.
>>
>>84273848
Let's pretend Luke is as bad a Mary Sue as Rey, how does that forgive Rey's characterization ?

Luke was written fucking 40 years ago, shouldn't you be able to write a more compelling character ? Not make the same mistakes ?
>>
>>84286486
No. That's not how movies work. You don't get to write yourself out of a hole once you've frakked up. She was left on Jakku as a child. She doesn't believe in the force which shows she doesn't know anything about force abilities. Which means she would have been a very young person, namely a child, when she left the temple. NO amount of hindsight retcons can fix everyone loving her and her flying the falcon effortless after flying it for the first time. They're screwed.
>>
>>84286551

Wrong.

http://ew.com/article/2016/04/15/star-wars-force-awakens-jj-abrams-rey-parents/
>>
>>84286568
And I'm allowed to point out that Anakin, a child of the force, was still only ever as capable than everyone else. He, unlike Ms Mary Sue, was a believable Protagonist. As you were, citizen.
>>
>>84286644
Luke isn't even close to being a Mary Sue, not in any of the films. Anyone telling you that is clearly a fucking idiot.
>>
>>84286609
I remember when I began my crusade on Youtube to bring the shit awakens down I had more detractors than I cared to think about. Now everyone's complaining about Rey. It's beautiful. People are even calling the shit awakens, nothing remarkable and utterly forgettable. Fun times, this.
>>
>>84286646
I don't know what you're arguing here. All I said was that Rey has nothing to do with the fall of the Jedi academy because the timelines don't match, it doesn't preclude her from being literally anywhere else that could be of significance. Maybe she's a failed science experiment to create a powerful force-sensitive clone of Palpatine, like we saw in the old EU about a million times.
>>
>>84286594
They said heroes which means Rey, Finn and Poe. Kylo is not a fucking hero.

>>84286664
Damage control. Earlier he said the parents weren't in TFA.
>>
>>84286776
He's my hero though :(
>>
>>84286623

What do you mean you "don't think that's obvious"? I'm talking about what Daisy herself said. She was asked if Rey's parentage will be revealed in TLJ and said she thought it had been answered already. If Rey was a Kenobi, she would not have said that. The only obvious answer is Luke.
>>
File: 1491780352875.jpg (45KB, 653x655px) Image search: [Google]
1491780352875.jpg
45KB, 653x655px
Kylo gonna fuck Rey and she will become The Skywalker.
>>
>>84274726
I fucking hate the idea of this Grey Jedi shit. It screams of Jewish Gnosticism. Nah, don't be GOOD because then someone else will just be EVIL. Don't make a stand and choose your side, be mushy and informal.
>>
>>84286644
>Luke was written fucking 40 years ago, shouldn't you be able to write a more compelling character

yes, storytelling was a fledgling, new-fangled artform in the 1970's, and it's changed so much in its 40 year history
>>
>>84286819
No. She'll be a Solo.
>>
>>84286753
Nope, she was left on Jakku when she was a toddler and impossibly she's suddenly all powerful for no reason, can fly the falcon, a custom made freighter i.e., It's controls and attributes were added per needed by bothy Lando and Han so one being proficient in one craft wouldn't know their ass from their elbows in the Falcon. Which is why Leia, and Luke called the falcon a heap of junk. Too many controls, levers, and odds and ends. You being proficient in Windows and Executables would mean nothing when dealing with Linux files and tables and commands and so on.
But Here's Rey, proficient in all things force, proficient in all things multilingual. She literally speaks every language she comes across, even droid. She's instantly loved and adored by everyone and is hugged by Leia. Leia literally hugs this smelly street rat she just met and not her beloved friend, Chewie.
>>
>>84286646

>They're screwed.

you're aware that you're talking about the 3rd highest grossing film of all time right
>>
>>84286918
Billions of people eat at McDonald's. That doesn't mean the food is good.
>>
>>84286797
Maybe Daisy was being coy about the fact that the only answer Rey ever gave in-movie when questioned who she is was that she was "no one" and it was a "big secret." It's a mess trying to control your actors' responses during interviews, I'm sure.
>>
>>84286683

>Anakin, a child of the force, was still only ever as capable than everyone else. He, unlike Ms Mary Sue, was a believable Protagonist

this is what underage b7 prequelfags actually believe
>>
>>84286974
You're clearly butt hurt. Would you like to talk about what triggered your severe butt hurt?
>>
The Prequels are so much better than Episode 7, aka, Star Wars ANH Part 2.

Even Phantom Menace is better than TFA.
>>
>>84274646
You know why the ''I am your father'' reveal was so impactful ?
Because you didn't know you had to question who his father was, you thought you knew, just like Luke, who Luke's father was.
While EpVII worked to make you wonder who could she be bevause she seems very special. You can litterally tell Snoke and Kylo know something, Maz Kanatz seems to know something but nobody tells anything because we have to create a mystery to make Rey ''interesting''
>>
>>84273677
I don't think it's gonna be that. But if it is, that will be the last straw. "Everyone important in the galaxy is closely related." Luke and Leia being siblings was already a mistake, back in 1983. This would just be retarded.
>>
>>84286918
It's going to make money, as Transformers made money, see what's happening lately though? People are plum tired of the same old garbage. And Kennedy is working overtime insulting men and boys at every recourse. She's burning her candle at both ends. It's going to come to head eventually.
>>
I want her to be a Palpatine.
>>
File: 1498417813134.jpg (3MB, 2387x1962px) Image search: [Google]
1498417813134.jpg
3MB, 2387x1962px
Just look at this quality "acting."

How could anyone think an "actor" of this caliber was portraying a Mary Sue?
>>
>>84286974
Anakin had never finished a race. His force ability that warned him of danger only ever increased his reactionary abilities. Much like the very same danger sense aided Luke in timing when to pull the trigger and launch the Homing Missiles that did the rest. The very same danger sense that aided Obi Wan in defeating Grievous' spinning blades.
Anakin was more realistic than Rey will ever be because she's an irreparably broken protagonist.
>>
>>84287144
My Gosh, I love this. What an awesome accomplished thespian she is, just look at those expressions. Thank you good anon. SAVED!
>>
>>84286974
>butthurt Daisyfag desperately tries to justify her Mary Sue status by shifting said status to a guy who got all his limbs cut off
>>
I really don't get it. She obviously didn't get the part based on her acting skills, and she obviously didn't get the part based on her ability to suck dick (since any Hollywood insider could get a hotter girl by snapping his fingers)... so why the fuck did she get the role?
>>
File: 1498417681534.png (401KB, 728x472px) Image search: [Google]
1498417681534.png
401KB, 728x472px
>>84287144
Clearly she has so much range.
>>
File: breathe.jpg (98KB, 800x334px) Image search: [Google]
breathe.jpg
98KB, 800x334px
>>84287144
What did she mean by this?
>>
Seems that she never learned how to act with her eyes, and she does horrible things with the rest of her face in a failed attempt to make up for it.
>>
>>84273728

Stupid thing for her to say. Yeah it WOULD be obvious to somebody who's already read the fucking script.
>>
>>84287017
>Episode 7, aka, Star Wars ANH Part 2.

>main character is from a desert planet and a big super-weapon is destroyed at the end
>HURR DURR THEY COMPLETELY COPIED EPISODE 4
>>
>>84286609
White boys gon buy them tickets one way or another. No point trying to appeal to them. Gotta penetrate that pussy demographic.
>>
>>84287411
Triggered. Autism.
>>
>>84287411
Alright, so why is Han Solo a fucking smuggler again? He helped save the galaxy. Why didn't he ask the government for a shit ton of money? Han Solo never LIKED smuggling. He did it for money. There is no fucking sense in having him be a smuggler in TFA except laziness and trying to cash in on nostalgia.
>>
>>84287144
This might be the most autistic thread I've seen on /tv/ ever
>>
>>84287396

That's not what she meant. I've already posted the video in this thread.
>>
>>84287439

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection
>>
>>84287144
>>84287315
Kek. I'm saving those images to use in arguing with TFA fanboys.
>>
>>84287613

if you think those pictures evince "bad acting" you are SEVERELY mentally ill
>>
>>84287695
She uses her entire face to act, woodenly and exaggeratedly, what competent actors act with their eyes and small, subtle facial expressions.
>>
>>84287572
Projecting. Triggered. Autism.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jjA6ZL0Z_k
>>
>>84273677
they need a "no, I am your father" moment because they need to emulate ESB,
>>
>>84287482
I know right, Ridley couldn't act her way out of a broom closet. Just look at her though, my word!
>>
>>84287695
I've never seen anyone use their face that much. She's autistic or out of touch or all of the above.
>>
>>84287613

STOP THE PRESS!

there's a bad actor in a star wars!
>>
>>84288078
Daisy's the worse. She's the worse by far.
>>
>>84287800
are you saying Harrison Ford isn't a competent actor?
>>
>>84287144
WTF is wrong with her face?
>>
>>84288078
Hamill, Ford, and Fischer's performances in the OT were much better than Ridley's in TFA.
>>
>>84287695
Acting is a visual medium and yes, her expressions do convey a lack of acting ability.
>>
>>84288160
Daisy does it literally dozens of times. She's a joke. A sick petulant joke as are you, by the way.
>>
>>84288160
>One image vs dozens

KEK. Ridley fans on suicide watch.
>>
>>84288201
She's a xeno.
>>
>>84288160
Ridley's performance was 2 hours of this face.
>>
>>84288201
She's acting. Can't you see anon. Just look at how her mouth goes wider when something serious happens, both her mouth and her eyes goes wide.
>>
Have you ever heard the story of Luke Skywalker the Wise? He was a Jedi Master so powerful that he could influence the midichlorians to create ...life.

Screencap this
>>
>>84274282
the change in tone of this post suggests you are triggered
>>
>>84273848

heres my problem with Rey, because of the way she is written every other character becomes irrelevant, in the OT luke has Leia and Han to lean on, because he needs it at times, this makes him a character able to grow and become great. Anakin has Obi-Wan to lean on and learn from, this makes him it so he is not, despite everyone telling him he's the fucking chosen one, able to win all the damn time. Rey has Han solo a veteran fighter pilot, Chewie a veteran savage and Finn a trained soldier to lean on and get supported by. But she doesn't need anyone, ever. so Finn is made pointless Han becomes funny man reference guy and chewie becomes slapstick bear. every character serves only to further hammer in the fact that Rey is the greatest ever at everything and she dont need no one. Finn the character who should become her most trusted friend and capable ally is immediately bumped down to comic relief. Rey has no growth other than watch this character go from powerful and completely independent to over the top savior of the galaxy doing everything by herself. she is literally just like a my japanese anime main character and the movie and the sequels will suffer for it unless its changed
>>
>>84273677
Rey is obi wans lost daughter.
>>
File: IMG_1143.jpg (259KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1143.jpg
259KB, 1920x1080px
>>84287913

Might as well post the list of confirmed ESB rip offs in The Last Jedi

The ESB Similarities

>Finn is seen recovering in a medical pod in the opening of the film, almost exactly how Luke is shown in the Bacta Pod in ESB

>There is a long battle that involves AT-AT and small ships on a frozen desert planet. Beneath a small layer of white snow, the soil of this planet is is bright red and dusty.

>The smaller ships drag their tow hitch through the red soil and kick up a massive dust storm. This gives the smaller ships the advantage and helps them defeat the AT-AT squadron

Please note. I can't argue in favor of that scene or argue the logic. It's dumb.

>The Casino Planetoid is shares a similar vibe to Cloud City, and it's basically the CC of this movie.

>Luke was trained by an old Jedi living in a hollowed out tree. Rey is trained by an old Jedi living in a hollowed out tree.

>The levitation of rocks through the use of Jedi powers is a big theme in this movie. Luke actually levitates on a rock the size of a small car.

>Rey is kidnapped at the end just like Han was taken at the end of ESB.

>There is a long "escape scene" featuring Rey and Chewie piloting the Millennium Falcon.

>Captain Phasma plays the Boba Fett role in this movie.

>Tie-Bombers featured heavily in ESB. A new style of bomber appears in this film

>There is an attack on a Resistance base early in the film that is eerily similar to the attack on the Rebel base on Hoth during ESB

>Levitating rocks play a big role in both ESB and The Last Jedi. Yoda and Luke do it in ESB, Rey and Luke also levitate rocks in TFA. Only this time Luke is actually seen standing on a large, hovering rock the size of a small car.

>Rey's parentage will be a major issue, and there will be a moment when her lineage is revealed.
>>
>>84273848

Luke repeatedly got his ass pulled out of the fire by other characters. Just for example, if Rey was in the original Star Wars film, instead of being knocked out by sand people and robbed before being saved by Ben Kenobi, she'd have done a backroll, thrown ninja stars or some shit, then old Ben would come by and say "Are you ok?" and try to help her get up and she'd go "How DARE you! I can get up on my own!" and then do one of those kung-fu things where they leap from lying down to standing up.
>>
>>84273677
Why do they even need to reveal her parents? Can't they just make it a sort of come from nowhere thing? I can't see them revealing it without it either being completely obvious or really shit, so just leaving it a mystery would probably be the best thing they could do.
>>
>>84288361
Already confirmed that's not happening. Also, Obi Wan was dead for almost a decade before she was born, and he adhered to the old Jedi code of no romance.
>>
>>84288361
obi wan was very clearly gay in the films, though.
>>
>>84274707
>Aunt May

kek
>>
File: 1421657233490.jpg (72KB, 880x880px) Image search: [Google]
1421657233490.jpg
72KB, 880x880px
Sheev's granddaughter
>>
>>84274013

Rey wasn't the protagonist of TFA. She had no character arc. She went from confident bad-ass to confident bad-ass. TFA is the story of Finn.
>>
File: ep8-ff-000022.jpg (111KB, 800x335px) Image search: [Google]
ep8-ff-000022.jpg
111KB, 800x335px
>>84288396
>Finn is seen recovering in a medical pod in the opening of the film, almost exactly how Luke is shown in the Bacta Pod in ESB
>>
>>84288495
>TFA is the story of Finn.
That was unintentional. Finn is really comic relief. A comical black buffoon playing the fool for the white audience.
>>
>>84288396
TFA = A New Hope remake
TLJ = Empire Strikes Back remake

Poetry.
>>
>>84288432
Maybe he ghost cumed is sister or something
>>
File: IMG_1147.jpg (261KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1147.jpg
261KB, 1920x1080px
>>84288396
>Tie-Bombers featured heavily in ESB. A new style of bomber appears in this film
>>
>>84287800
>>84288068

"woodenly" and "exaggeratedly" are antonyms

your hero hayden christensen is a prime example of "wooden" acting
>>
>>84288396
>frozen desert planet

those are salt flats you absolute sperg
>>
>>84288525

I'll agree he was the comedic character, but it's absolutely his story. The entire first third of the film is Finn's disillusionment with the Empire, dealing with his cowardice, escape with Poe and then being stuck on Not Tattooine. He's the only character written with an arc in mind:

He's a character who cares about his friends (Dead trooper smears blood on his face as he cradles him as he dies) but is too cowardly to fight for them, chooses to run. Makes new friends, but when shit gets real, he decides to run (And asks Rey to come with him, to work as indentured servants to smugglers or some shit). Finally, his character grows when he decides that he has to go on what is probably a suicide mission to rescue his friend from torture and most likely death.

Again: Rey goes from hyper-competent bad-ass good at everything to... Hyper-competent bad-ass good at everything with a laser sword.
>>
>>84288641
I never saw Hayden open his eyes that wide, that manically or open his fly catcher as much as Daisy did. Try until you rot. Daisy's gapes and guffaws and startled expressions are insanely funny looking. Nothing you say can defend it.
>>
>>84288711
It's the same difference, you silly child. It's literally shot for shot the same visuals. Salt or bloody ice, it looks the same.
>>
>>84288496

Honestly, that looks more Han-in-carbonite-esque to me, but yeah. Sure.
>>
>>84288777

>I never saw Hayden open his eyes that wide

No shit, retard. That's what I'm saying. He didn't move his face and his voice was often monotone. That's what "wooden acting" means.
>>
>>84274485
It could just be a nobody. Force sensatives were born to normies all the time in the old republic.
>>
File: Bolivia.jpg (308KB, 800x666px) Image search: [Google]
Bolivia.jpg
308KB, 800x666px
>>84288826

Totally, look at this shit, it looks exactly like ice, great point

Just accept that you were wrong and move on
>>
>>84288777
>Try until you rot. Daisy's gapes and guffaws and startled expressions are insanely funny looking.
apparently most people disagree with you, including people who actually know what they're talking about
>>
>>84289005
Yes because Hayden acting reservedly is the same as Daisy's look at me my eyes and my mouth is so wide, aren't I a great actor. J.J. just gave up on her, he was like, fuck it bitch, do whatever. When they started filming it was too late by this point.
>>
>>84289062
>It could just be a nobody.

No, it couldn't. Daisy Ridley has already said she thought the answer would be obvious to people after seeing TFA.
>>
>>84289134

Christensen's performance in AOTC and ROTS cannot be described as "acting reservedly," god damn you're embarrassing yourself
>>
>>84274707
>Leia consoles her instead of Chewbacca
This is why I am sure she is either Luke's kid, or leahs. Lea knows her but made a promise not to reveal the truth probrably after her son fell to the dark side
>>
>>84289087
It's shot for shot the same.

>>84289116
You mean shills? Who gives a shit what shills believe?
>>
>>84289087
That's not from the movie sperglord.
>>
>>84288396
>>There is a long battle that involves AT-AT and small ships on a frozen desert planet. Beneath a small layer of white snow, the soil of this planet is is bright red and dusty.
>>The smaller ships drag their tow hitch through the red soil and kick up a massive dust storm. This gives the smaller ships the advantage and helps them defeat the AT-AT squadron

That sounds completely terrible. All of it.
>>
>>84289192
Did you see Ridley's eyes go wide every five seconds? What was she trying to convey with that wide eyed expression?

>>84289201
That's not how movies works. She's a mary sue.
>>
>>84289202
>It's shot for shot the same.

Ice and salt flats are not the same thing, I have no idea why you just used the phrase "shot for shot" as it has no relevance to what we're talking about

>You mean shills? Who gives a shit what shills believe?

No, I mean mentally healthy human beings
>>
>>84289224

You saw salt flats and called it a "frozen desert planet"

That means you are retarded

Accept it son
>>
>>84289290
>Did you see Ridley's eyes go wide every five seconds

No.

>That's not how movies works

That's not how words works
>>
File: atatlastjedi.jpg (44KB, 900x372px) Image search: [Google]
atatlastjedi.jpg
44KB, 900x372px
>>84288396
>frozen desert planet

Originally thought to be frozen. Now people are saying it's either volcanic dust or salt flats. You need to update your spoiler pasta.
>>
>>84289299
You mean people like Jeremy Jahns who praised this shit movie.

And it is a rhetorical shot.
>>
>>84289377
Interesting. Will do.
>>
>>84289395
no idea what you mean by the phrase "rhetorical shot"

salt is not ice

stop reply to me
>>
File: Red Dust.png (245KB, 1431x594px) Image search: [Google]
Red Dust.png
245KB, 1431x594px
>>84289407
The thing about kicking up the red dust is true though.
>>
File: Red Dust 2.png (204KB, 670x275px) Image search: [Google]
Red Dust 2.png
204KB, 670x275px
>>84289428
>>
>>84275882
Exactly
>>84275989
Doesn't make sense why? Force ghosts are a thing, and it was done in avatar where past incarnations could talk to the current one and give them their abilities.

Even in star wars qui gon jin learned force ghost from ancient force creatures as a way to preserve the light side force teachings, Yoda then went to those same creatures and did the same, he then passed that on to obi won. So the preident is there.
>>
>>84289365
Daisy's an awful actress. Just look at her facial features.

And it's a shit movie.
>>
>>84276027
In books he did have children and clones, so it is possible. Her power could be explained as fragmented memories implanted.
>>
>>84289424
Salt, Ice, they're both white surfaces with the exact type vehicles rushing towrds the exact type enemy vehicles. You're a disgrace defending this shit series and I laugh at both you and your failure of a series.
>>
>>84279130
Yes, ray is the adoptive daughter of luke and obiwon's force ghost.
>>
>>84275470
>Anakin was a child of the force

I always figured Shmi was a slut who got knocked up and lied to Quigon about it.

Probably the same line mary gave to joseph.
>>
>>84289602
>the exact type vehicles rushing towrds the exact type enemy vehicles

no one knows what the fuck you're talking about dude
>>
>>84275282
>At the end of The Force Awakens, I thought everyone was gonna go, oh, that's been answered BUT IT HASN'T

this is the literal quote you nigger
>>
>>84289850

No, it's not. I don't think I can do anything more to help you people. Luke is Rey's father. If you disagree, you're either arguing for the sake of argument or you are mentally deficient.
>>
>>84286609
>what is Han Solo movie
>>
her parents were ewoks, duh
>>
>>84289377
Nice dubs. I'm thinking it looks like salt flats.
>>
>>84290047
>>what is Han Solo movie
Said to focus more on the Emilia Clarke character than it does on Han Solo.
>>
She's Obi Wan's grand daughter
that will be a shock to plebs I guess
>>
>>84273696
This. Rey Skywalker is dead to anyone who's been following information on the timeline.
>>
>>84290116
>I'm thinking it looks like salt flats.

That wouldn't explain why it changes color just below the surface. A layer of ash or ice would explain the red dirt just below the surface.
>>
>>84290120
>said

By who? Your imagination doesn't count.
>>
>>84290127
>She's Obi Wan's grand daughter

No. Obi-Wan adhered to the no smooching laws of the old jedi. Which means he never had a child.
>>
>>84290157
>What are spoilers?

Try and keep up.
>>
>>84275205
This is what she meant. In another interview, she said that she didn't see Rey's parentage as all that important. What's important is who she becomes. So "it's obvious" could mean that she's literally a nobody. Obviously Han and Leia didn't know who she was. Obviously Maz said that her family was never returning but Luke still could, which completely separates Luke from the category of Rey's family. Rey says she's no one. So "obviously" she's a random and not a legacy character.
>>
>>84275205
Also, no. She wasn't at the slaughter and was never Luke's student. The massacre only happened 6 years before TFA, and Rey had been on Jakku for years before that. She wasn't involved in Kylo's actions.
>>
>>84290163
she`s Maul's niece

it fits
>>
>>84274726
These aren't real leaks. Some fuck just showed up on 4chan and claimed to be a fired Lucasfilm employee with zero evidence. I don't understand why people keep acting like he was credible.
>>
>>84290182
Source them or shut your trap.
>>
>>84275282
It's answered in that they're nobody important. So who cares?
>>
>>84290345
MSW, MFN Forums, SWHQ, etc. Use a search engine next time you mong.
>>
>>84278198
People only care because they want it to be Luke because they're desperate for Luke to be the most important character in the Sequel Trilogy. He isn't and he never will be and Mark Hamill himself has said as much. People need to move on. This is Rey's series whether you like her or not.
>>
>>84290451
>This is Rey's series whether you like her or not.

They're making the whole saga about her by retconning her as the real chosen one. All nine films are now all about Rey.
>>
>>84290208

Did you watch the video? She compared the issue to people not believing that Vader was Luke's father. She obviously meant that she felt her parentage was revealed in TFA.

>Obviously Maz said that her family was never returning but Luke still could, which completely separates Luke from the category of Rey's family

You are so fucking retarded. I am beside myself. This thread has made me hate human beings.
>>
>>84290480

Just like they "retconned" Vader as the chosen one?
>>
>>84274726
Why would Disney PR create fake spoilers if someone was just gonna post the real ones anyway?

Kyfs my main man.
>>
>>84290517
Pretty much.
>>
>>84286646
Dude, nothing was retconned. Rey was never part of Luke's Jedi academy and the timeline was always that the massacre happened long after Rey was already on Jakku. What the fuck are you talking about? Rey was dropped on Jakku when she was around 5 years old. Around 7 years later, the massacre happened.

All that anon was saying is that the theory that Rey was a Jedi massacre survivor is and has always been wrong. Not that the age she was abandoned changed. It didn't.
>>
File: 1496713887074.jpg (328KB, 1296x730px) Image search: [Google]
1496713887074.jpg
328KB, 1296x730px
>>84274726
Fuck off you faggot autist. No one believed your faggotry before and no one believes you now you dumb fucking cunt.
>>
>>84290369

That's not a direct source, you imbecile. If you're going to play this game, here:

Your precious MSW talks about a male main character here, though:
http://makingstarwars.net/2017/06/rumor-the-main-character-of-viscerals-star-wars-game-plot-and-more/

How funny you forgot about him, huh.
>>
>>84273677
There won't be a reveal, you'll find out her parents are some randoms that lykr had to turn away in fear that she would get too powerful if she was to turn to the dark side
>>
>>84290667
>rumor
That turned out not to be true.

Idiot.
>>
>>84288771
No it's not. Rey is the main character like it or not.
>>
Star Wars threads always bring out the dumbest fucking cunts on /tv/. Like that faggot who keeps trying to force his sloth / anakin meme. That's just pure mentally ill autism.

Star Wars has the worst and most autistic fanbase. Total fucking idiots. A shameful community of retards.
>>
>>84290683
>June 20
> All of this information appears to be accurate at the time of this writing. However, due to the nature of games and such minor details could change before release.

You better tell your bros their sources are not correct, then.
>>
>>84290488
Guess what? Vader outright said that he was Luke's father. Now what did Rey outright say about her parentage? She's nobody. What did Maz outright say about Rey's parentage? That her family isn't coming back.

So if it's a matter that the audiences should take characters at their word, then taking TFA at its word would mean that Rey is a random.
>>
>>84290733
>Buh buh buh muh rumor says!!

KEK
>>
>>84290589

Just like they "retconned" Vader as Luke's father?
>>
>>84290754
And nobody outright said or even slightly alluded to her being related to Luke. Rey Skywalker theorists are full retards.
>>
>>84273816
Okay, Max Landis.
>>
>>84290754
>So if it's a matter that the audiences should take characters at their word

It isn't.
>>
>>84290488
Debate what I said about Maz's line. If Rey's family is never coming back but Luke still could, then that sentence is basically saying that Luke is not that family.

Pablo Hidalgo, a literal canon keeper, also corroborated this. When someone brought this up to him, he sarcastically said "Sure, if you want to use what's actually in the movie as evidence". Which was hitting at people who were using only wishful thinking or expectations as their proof. Like people who think Luke is her father.
>>
File: 1488133165500.gif (2MB, 159x146px) Image search: [Google]
1488133165500.gif
2MB, 159x146px
>>84290784

Are you talking about yourself? You star wars "pure nerds, no gurls allowed" sure take retardation to another level.
>>
>>84290856
>Triggered

KEK
>>
>>84290800

>And nobody outright said or even slightly alluded to her being related to Luke.
not sure if serious
>>
Star Wars fanboys are all complete fucking idiots.
>>
>>84290842
But that would be what the comparison to people not believing Vader saying he was Luke's father would imply. Your "evidence" works entirely against you.
>>
>>84290872
When did any character suggest that Rey was Luke's? When did anything in the movie other than her using Anakin's lightsaber?
>>
This series is in serious decline

Rogue One failed to make even half the theatrical gross of TFA, despite only coming out a year later.

The ratings for the Star Wars Rebels TV series are so bad the show is ending a year early, after only 4 years instead of the planned 5.

The Forces of Destiny series was originally planned to be a full half hour series. Now it's only going to be 5 minute shorts shown online

But worst of all for Disney is that Star Wars products are choking the shelves across the country. With a new movie only months away stores are desperate to move unsold products from a film that came out two years ago.

No one can deny the marked decline in this series, and it's a serious concern for Disney.
>>
>>84290754
Maz never uses the word family. She's pretty vague, probably so Disney can change things if they want to.

She says to Rey that: a) the lightsaber that was Luke's, and *his father* before him, is calling now to her; b) that the person that she's waiting for on Jakku isn't coming back, but someone else (i.e. Luke) could.

There's a family connection to both those statements, yet they can dismiss the parentage or not, depending on how you read it.
>>
>>84290919

It's not my fault that you don't understand.
>>
>>84290978
>Star Wars products are choking
Citation needed. TFA made a fuckton of money and for some reason retards keep pretending Disney is struggling somehow.
>>
>>84290855
>If Rey's family is never coming back
>>
>>84291023
>Citation needed.
Walk into any store in the country you brain dead mong.
>>
>>84290991
She says "who you're waiting for is never returning" basically. Now who does Rey keep saying she's waiting for? Her fucking family. It's also been suggested that the lightsaber calls to Rey because it knows she'll take it to Luke.

She's not Luke's daughter and there's no strong evidence in the movie that she is. Expectation is not proof.
>>
>>84291023

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-star-wars-memorabilia-1215-biz-20151214-story.html
>>
>>84291093

i will literally bet you any amount of money that rey is luke's daughter
>>
>>84291012
No, I understood. You just embarrassed yourself with evidence that doesn't work in your argument's favor. People didn't believe Vader when he said outright that he was Luke's father. They were wrong. Daisy now compares this to her parentage mystery. The biggest comparison in the movie: Rey says she's nobody. People thinking she's Luke's are refusing to take her at her word just like they did Vader.

The comparison suggests random, not Skywalker.
>>
>>84291074
So you have no citation and the only evidence is you walking into a store two years after a movie came out. And you somehow know what every store in the country looks like.
>>
>>84291174
Posted here you fucking idiot. >>84291114
>>
>>84291114
What about this story suggests that Disney didn't make a ton of money in product sales?
>>
>>84291233
>This much damage control.
>>
>>84291143
Good for you. You're still wrong and your evidence is weak shit.
>>
>>84274455
So they are in the movie. Classic lie.
>>
>>84291263
Some collectors not caring as much doesn't suggest that Disney's bottom line is hurting.
>>
Absolute shit franchise with an absolute shit fanbase.
>>
>>84291093
Yeah, but she's waiting for the family she believes left here there. That's the catch. You can't also take her words literally, because in the same breath she speaks of someone /coming back/.

If Luke never knew Rey, he's not coming back to her life.

If she's speaking as a father figure, Han Solo was just that for Rey in this movie.
>>
>>84290978
TFA and R1 bombed in the Asian markets. China and Japan hated both movies.
>>
Is this shit finally past the bump limit because this topic was hot fucking garbage.
>>
>>84291147

>Rey says she's nobody

If you think we're meant to believe that, literally kill yourself.
>>
>>84291314
Now you're reaching. Which is what I mean by Rey Skywalker being a weak theory based on evidence in the actual movie.

Also I'm pretty sure it's been said before that Rey knew what her parents looked like. I want to say Pablo Hidalgo said that.

None of this is even going into how ridiculous Rey being Luke's daughter is considering the canon timeline. In no way would Luke come out of that looking anything but horrific.
>>
>>84291344
The "evidence" for Rey Skywalker that you cited and I responded to was that Daisy compared her parentage mystery to people not taking Vader at his word when he said he was Luke's father. You acted like this implied that she's not a nobody when it did the exact opposite. Your argument was stupid, deal with it.
>>
Too much autism in this shit thread.
>>
>>84291389
> it's been said before that Rey knew what her parents looked like. I want to say Pablo Hidalgo said that.

This doesn't matter, if isn't in the movies. The impression that they give is that Rey doesn't remember them, just has a sense of a family, and being left in the hands of Plutt.

And I'm not reaching, I'm telling you that Maz talk left it vague on purpose, so they can go either way.

>In no way would Luke come out of that looking anything but horrific.

Of course they can spin it in a way that make Luke tragic and heroic.
>>
>>84291446

That wasn't my "argument," fucktard. Your life does not have value.
>>
>>84274594
>skywalker saga
Kylo is a skywalker

>in the 2nd trailer we here luke talk about how the force is strong in his family and that rey has that power too.

That's the speech Luke gives to Leia from Return of the Jedi you retard
>>
>>84291501
It does matter because he knows these things. Just because it wasn't in the movie yet doesn't mean anything. Canon sources are evidence. Expectations are not. Pablo Hidalgo has said that Rey remembers her family.

Maz didn't leave it vague. She said who Rey was waiting for is never coming back. Rey is waiting for her family, as she said multiple times.

They could spin it, but it'd be unnecessarily convoluted and he'd still probably look like a bit of a dick. His daughter wasting away on a planet while he was off taking care of other students and fucking around with Ben Solo. I personally don't see the narrative benefit of this circumstance.
>>
>>84291549
>this assblasted that his theory was torn to shreds
>>
>>84291586

No, he's a Solo. Any kid (ahahha perhaps he won't die now that Leia is dead, but who knows) he has will be called Solo.
>>
It's painfully obvious it is obi wan. I would put any sum of money on that
>>
>>84291626

It's not a "theory." I literally showed you a video of what the actress herself said. You didn't understand. Again, that's your problem.
>>
>>84290724
And people wonder why Lucas sold the franchise
>>
>>84291684
He's still a Skywalker by blood even if his name may be Solo. Did you miss the part where his relationship to Vader is a huge defining aspect of his character?

Rey isn't related to Luke and you're a dumbass if you think otherwise
>>
>>84291790
And what she said suggested the opposite of Luke being Rey's dad.
>>
>>84291587
>Canon sources are evidence.
>Pablo Hidalgo has said that Rey remembers her family.

Cool, but what she remembers of her family we do not know. Clearly, you understand the difference, right?

>Maz didn't leave it vague. She said who Rey was waiting for is never coming back. Rey is waiting for her family, as she said multiple times.

Of course she did, and I already told you you can't take it literally because in the same sentence she said Luke would "come back".

>Dear child, I see your eyes - you already know the truth. Whomever you are waiting for on Jakku, they're never coming back, but there's someone who still could".

How is Luke a valid replacement for her family in this context? What Rey truly desire are bonds. So you can say this is what Maz means, except she bonded on her journey with Finn (he leaving kinda triggered her) and HAN. Explain to me then what Maz meant, as I fundamented here, she isn't looking for a master to train her. She'll needed it, sure, but she used LUKE, not the force, not her friends and the unlimited potential of her future. But Luke, coming back.

Disney wanted to the viewers to reach the conclusion that Luke may be her father with this scene, yet leave it open to interpretation. Nothing is certain, really.
>>
>>84291852

The world will improve upon your death.
>>
>>84291832
>He's still a Skywalker by blood

But not by name, which was my point. Unless they want to bury the Skywalker name, some bastard of Luke or Leia will appear someday. Be it Rey or not.

Twist, it's Finn.
>>
>>84289201
JJ said that he realized how big of a mistake that was after fans brought it up. Leia has no reason to show that much affection to her over Chewie.
>>
star wars? more like REDDIT wars

LMAO
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.