[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does he like Lynch? can't find anything showing he's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Does he like Lynch? can't find anything showing he's even acknowledged him. just a David Foster Wallace article on how he rips him off (it's a bit tenuous though)
>>
also director thread i guess
>>
>>84270494
What do you call thos hairline?
>>
>>84270716
The Tarantula
>>
He said that Lynch was so far up his own ass after he saw Fire Walk With Me and that he wouldn't watch anything else by him after that.
>>
>>84270494
No real reason they should ever cross paths or comment on each others work.

Tarantino makes accessible cool pop shit.

Lynch makes art.
>>
>>84270814
Ironic coming from Tarantula...
>>
File: tarantino-1.jpg (12KB, 346x246px) Image search: [Google]
tarantino-1.jpg
12KB, 346x246px
>>84270494
>After I saw Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me at Cannes, David Lynch had disappeared so far up his own ass that I have no desire to see another David Lynch movie until I hear something different. And you know, I loved him. I loved him.
>>
>>84270861
I wonder if he saw Lost Highway
>>
>>84270861
He is right though.

Both of them are up their own asses, but lynch could film naomi watts shitting on a midget and people would assign meaning to it. The plebs who defend shit like inland empire are simply trying too hard. Yes it is art, but it's shitty art. Like film school student shitty.

People who hate meaning and symbolism are one thing, but retards who think anything that isn't unintelligible pretentious garbage lacks meaning are another.
>>
>>84270814
>>84270861
based

fuck lynchfags
>>
>>84270943
>>84270943
i liked all his movies between Fire and Inland empire. theyre not too out there
>>
>>84270943
Inland Empire is great though. People say it makes no sense but then you point them to interpretations that make (some) sense of it and then the same people tell you you shouldn't analyze Lynch's work. Even without a strict sense of the plot though the scenes are great and I find it extremely rewatchable with the length being the only issue for that. It's got an amazing feeling to it and is basically like watching a dream unfold which appeals to me immensely.
>>
>>84271013
Some of them are alright.
>>84271015
It's not that it doesn't make sense, it's just that it isn't fucking deep and people who think it is are plebs. I can respect that you enjoy lynch because of the dreamlike feeling his work has. I enjoy that too, but it's mostly what his work leans on. To be fair though, literally no other director can direct a dream sequence any where nearly as well as he does.

Eraserhead for instance, has an intelligible thematic identity. It's like the difference between some poets who write shit and people go "I think it means this" and other people say "I think it means something completely different", but everyone can read Ozymandias and understand what it fucking means. That isn't a sign of a lack of depth, it's a sign that it is written well, there can be no mistaking it's meaning.

To me, there is no mistaking Eraserhead's meaning. It has a clear language and vocabulary and context it's relying upon. But something like inland empire, if it has any meaning at all, is so poorly communicated that I can't help but wonder if people realize that huge parts of that production were improvised and not exactly all that well thought out.
>>
File: Cole_cringe.webm (548KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Cole_cringe.webm
548KB, 400x400px
Daily reminder that Tarantino is a hack fraud.

>mfw watching an """"edgy"""" Tarantino film tailored for reddit.
>>
>>84271145
There's no agreed upon interpretation of Inland Empire but there are plenty that make sense. One of the better ones I've read puts it in line with Lost Highway and Mulholland Drive and with Lynch's own beliefs with the meditation stuff. I don't think that the production being improvised means it doesn't have a meaning and I doubt Lynch believes that either. It's springing from the mind of a person who has his own thought process and beliefs and so whatever comes out of his mind, even if it's not strictly organized, is going to be filtered through that.

This is the one I'm talking about
http://xixax.com/halfborn/

Basically it involves fantasies conjured by the main character because their life is shit, reincarnation, and spiritual cleansing. Given what Lynch has made in the past and his beliefs about transcendental meditation I don't think it's a stretch that this seeped into Inland Empire even if he didn't sit down and write a complete script.

There's also a pretty literal interpretation that I think makes sense which would put it in line with Twin Peaks where supernatural beings are fucking with humanity.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.