[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHY doesn't /tv/ talk more about old yugioh kino? >inb4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3433.png (219KB, 266x374px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3433.png
219KB, 266x374px
WHY doesn't /tv/ talk more about old yugioh kino?

>inb4 go to /a/

I hate anime anons, yugioh was the only thing close to anime that I ever enjoyed and at the beginning of the year I began rewatching all five seasons of duel monsters and followed it up with this movie.

The nostalgia trip was great, Joey Kaiba, yugi and all the characters that made the original show work well were just as how I remembered them. The bants and dialogue just worked. Even today I still enjoyed the series despite it being ridiculous in its overall plot but who the fuck cares.

Dark side dimensions was a great conclusion to all these characters. I wished they actually continued the old yugioh though, I can never get into nu-yugioh because of how ridiculously childish and animey they are and how the game has become unnecessarily complex.

tl;dr watched old yugioh, enjoyed the FUCK out of it and it should be considered kino here
>>
>>84250689
>and how the game has become unnecessarily complex.
classic yugioh is the most braindead and unbalanced beatstick-fest that could possibly exist
>>
File: IMG_3429.jpg (41KB, 600x654px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3429.jpg
41KB, 600x654px
>>84250780

Yea and nu-yugioh is autistic. Your point?
>>
>>84250689
Because Yu-Gi-Oh IS /a/. That said, if you haven't read the manga, you haven't experienced it properly. Good translations of Battle City WHEN
>>
I've only seen duel monsters as a kid but I loved it. I like the card game too, I agree it's very complicated, never really followed after the xyz cards. last I remember was some "pendulum" cards, no idea how they work
>>
>>84250933

manga is for faggots. I just watch the 4kids show to get my nostalgia and that's it. This thread is about that and not about the manga or the jap version or the tcg.
>>
>>84250962
Pendulums have already been tossed to the side in favor of "link monsters" which is a whole new kind of cancer
>>
File: Dark_energy_disc.png (136KB, 600x221px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_energy_disc.png
136KB, 600x221px
>>84251010
>I just watch the 4kids show to get my nostalgia and that's it
I don't have to be a weeb to tell you you're watching the shit version. You might as well have just watched the Abridged Series.
>>
>>84251115
>watch the nip version

You discount the English voice work which is a major part of why the show worked for me and others though...
>>
>>84251147
I have no problem with the voice acting, actually, although some characters could have been done better. I'm more concerned with the amount of edits and rewrites in an already watered-down adaptation. I don't really like DM much in general due to the amount of filler and cut content.
>>
>>84251115

>trying to imply that YGOTAS is not the best version of Yu-gi-oh
>>
dungeon dice dubs
>>
The show intro is in my personal top ten best list.
>>
>>84251275
It was, then it sort of went down the shitter.
>>
Why is Kaiba such a dickhole
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.