[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where have the timeless/iconic characters and actors gone in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

Where have the timeless/iconic characters and actors gone in modern Hollywood?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJCSNIl2Pls
>>
people age, brainlet
>>
They've been replaced by literal whos quipping.
>>
Leonardo DiCaprio is still around.
>>
The last year to have a movie with an iconic character was 2007
Prove me wrong
>>
Describe Blondie as a character
>>
>>84229509
When the agenda became about destroying the patriarchy, cultural patriarchal figures were the first to go.
>>
File: django.jpg (181KB, 500x742px) Image search: [Google]
django.jpg
181KB, 500x742px
Whether you like it or not...
>>
>>84229509

Theyre all dying, man.

And as for Iconic Charaters

There are none for.Moder times
>>
For a Few Dollars More > Fistful of Dollars > The Good, The Bad and the Ugly
>>
How come Italians make better westerns than "pure blooded Americans"??
>>
>>84229621
Seriously can't.
I mean I hate Drive but the driver is kind of iconic but it's just so faggoty and autistic.
>>
>>84229830
I was thinking of Chigurh from No Country For Old Men but the Driver works too
>>
>>84229509
eastwood is a scumbag in this scene. Writes down nothing on the stone so that in the event he does lose, he won't be able to find it. also uses that guy as a shield and puts him in danger of being killed. Never seen this film, is eastwood the bad character?
>>
John Wick!
Fuckin dorks
>>
>>84229645
What?
Calvin?
Dude nothing about this piece of shit is remotely iconic.
>>
>>84229872
I know you were. I think Plainview is good enough as well. But yeah in this decade it's just been trash.
>>
File: giphy.gif (3MB, 398x255px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
3MB, 398x255px
>>84229509
>>
>>84229953
Django is pretty iconic.
>>
>>84229875
no. you are just a bitchass boipussy
>>
>>84230030
Well alright I'll just agree to disagree imo.
>>
>>84229686
yup
>>
>>84229509
The Cultural Marxist Jew infected the Goy with bullshit now the Goy's promoting said shit with reckless abandon. The fucking cunts use terms like, "Toxic Masculinity." I blame men for listening to them and not telling them to go fuck themselves. We're not alone guys. There's millions of us that feels the same way. Just resist them however you can. Restore programming to what it once was, Patriarchal. Women love Strong male characters. And weaker men see stronger male characters and aspire to be better.
>>
Things don't become iconic immediately
>>
>>84230143
The shit that is out now will never ever be iconic. Book of Eli and John Wick are the exception of course.
>>
>>84230197
You have shit taste in movies
>>
The moment films started catering to specific target audiences was the moment film stopped having timeless/iconic characters.

Movies used to be meant for everyone to enjoy, now you can hide within your genre and about talk nothing but the same 15 obscure kinos you saw on a mongolian fishmongering horcrux without ever seeing what other people like
>>
>>84230266
I love movies anon, like how I like my food. Somedays I like bacon and eggs, others, I like bacon and hamburger meat baked together. Somedays I like pizza and other days I like a salad. Sometimes I like vodka and other times I like Kale, cucumbers, noni, banana and grape fruit smoothies.
>>
>>84230621
And that's why you're never gonna make it
>>
>>84230407
Capeshit specifically tries to appeal to the widest audience possible and they're all garbage. In fact, most blockbusters try to cater to a wide audience and they're terrible for that exact reason.
>>
>>84230197

Both of those were half baked trash
>>
>>84229583
Lol, nice one anon
>>
>>84229875
thats the point hes not the same wholesome western protag. of the genre at that time
>>
>>84229509
Wick, the driver, David are the few that come to mind in recent times.
>>
>>84229621
The navie from avatar are quite iconic but thats just creature design not a specific character.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.