/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can a Cucknisher fan (a fan of The Punisher) explain how 3 different

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: punisher actors.jpg (66KB, 556x400px) Image search: [Google]
punisher actors.jpg
66KB, 556x400px
Can a Cucknisher fan (a fan of The Punisher) explain how 3 different directors couldn't make a single good movie of The Punisher?

What is fundamentally wrong with your favorite character or what is it that the movies just can't deliver?
>>
>>84224887
Punisher works better as a supporting character than as a lead
>>
Ay Red, just watch Daredevil s2
>>
I enjoyed all of the Punisher movies. The last one I enjoyed slightly less.
>>
File: wereprechaun.jpg (47KB, 600x339px) Image search: [Google]
wereprechaun.jpg
47KB, 600x339px
>>84224887
>Cucknisher fan (a fan of The Punisher)
>>
>>84224887
The character arc isn't there. The punisher isn't the kind of character that works in a feature film.
>>
>>84224887
But Thomas Jane Punisher was cape-flicko.
>>
i remember this failed meme
>>
>>84224887
I've only seen the middle one and that was shit because they tried to make him a family friendly hero who didn't hurt people and made friends.

A punisher film should play up the kills as much as possible, be creative and fucked up because thats what the character is all about - punishing the people who ruined his life.
>>
>>84225318
He was a decent punisher but everything else in the film was laughably bad. Travolta was horrible.

Imo the punisher films always fail because 1)they lack any decent villains 2)the punisher cant be turned into a generic super hero film.

I havent watched Daredevil but i have high hopes for it.
>>
hi hirobot :^)

https://archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/wimxSq%2F5E5%2BwSJhVwX%2BUaQ/
>>
>>84225562
you need to watch punisher-war zone...that thats the third guy on the left, its the best, not family freindly, but down right violent
>>
>>84225318
War Zone is miles better than Jane's movie
>>
But War Zone is good.
>>
>>84224946
This.
It's why Sicario worked. Another character is necessary to frame events. Otherwise it's just an exploitation flick.
>>
>>84226051
The shootout at the end of warzone is the only redeeming part about it. Ray Stevenson was a charisma vacuum in the role, the guy playing Jigsaw was also boring despite trying to ham it up, atmosphere was shit, action was sub par save for the shootout already mentioned. They had all the ingredients for something good there but it just didn't come together.
>>
A lot of the Punisher's stories rely on reading Fronk's thoughts.
That doesn't translate well to the medium of film.
>>
>>84226245
>Ray Stevenson was a charisma vacuum in the role

Because we all know Frank Castle is the life of the party, that irascible cad.
>>
>>84226346
Not at all what I was saying. A man can be a silent killing machine and still be fun to watch.
>>
File: 1477343422161.jpg (639KB, 1200x833px) Image search: [Google]
1477343422161.jpg
639KB, 1200x833px
>>84226346
You don't know what charisma means, do you?
>>
File: 1465919682701.gif (2MB, 346x230px) Image search: [Google]
1465919682701.gif
2MB, 346x230px
>>84225924
>>84226051
this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkxLWWiz5O8
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.