[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to properly get into Western films, I don't think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 145517012389939.jpg (220KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
145517012389939.jpg
220KB, 600x800px
I want to properly get into Western films, I don't think I've ever seen any of them and I only remember watching some of the Trinity movies as a kid, so I basically know next to nothing about Westerns.

Which ones should I watch and, of course, in what order? Is there one of those "/tv/'s guide to Westerns" images?
>>
>>84224674
Once Upon a Time in The West
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
A Fistful of Dollars
For a Few Dollars More
The Great Silence
Django
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
The Wild Bunch
Pale Rider
Joe Kidd
The Outlaw Josey Wales
High Plains Drifter
Two Mules for Sister Sara
Hang Em High
Unforgiven
Silverado
Tombstone
>>
>>84224827
thanks my man
>>
Watch Slow West first. It's a solid introduction to the genre I think. Especially if you're young.
>>
>>84224981
more like Cuck West amirite
>>
>>84224981
I've seen it on random scouring on imdb and I wanted to get around to watch it anyway, Fassbender hasn't been bad in the things I've watched him in so far. Also just remember I've watched True Grit from 2010 and liked it.
What exactly is young? 22, but I wonder what the age of the average /tv/ poster is.
>>
>>84224827
Let us rate this anon's taste, item by item.

>OUATITW
Good, +1
>Man with No Name Trilogy
Fantastic, +5
>The Great Silence
No points awarded
>Django
Trash; -5 points
>Butch Cassidy
Good, +1
>The Wild Bunch
Good, +1
>Pale Rider
Great, +3
>Joe Kidd
No points awarded
>Josey Wales
No points awarded
>High Plains Drifter
Good, +1
>Sister Sara
>Hang Em High
Good, +1
>Unforgiven
Great, +3
>Silverago
No opinion/no points
>Tombstone
Good, +1

TOTAL: 10
Good Taste. Congratulations.
>>
dollars trilogy
and if you don't like it you might as well kill yourself
>>
>>84225272
Obviously I'll watch them, it's just I don't know if I should be watching some older films which have inspired it or whatever, you know what I mean.
>>
>>84225345
yojimbo
>>
>>84225072
Yea you'll like Slow West if you liked True Grit.

A lot of the classic Westerns are really drawn out with not a whole lot of dialogue or humour so it could be difficult jumping straight in there.
I'm 24 btw
>>
File: 1440099201717.jpg (2MB, 2208x2586px) Image search: [Google]
1440099201717.jpg
2MB, 2208x2586px
>>84224674
>Is there one of those "/tv/'s guide to Westerns" images?
>>
>>84225397
Nah I'm fine with low amount of dialogue or if it's a slow film in general, don't have a need to watch flicks at 2.5x speed in windowed mode while I post on /tv/ etc.
>>
Must watch:
The Good The Bad and The Ugly
For a Few Dollars More
The Outlaw Josey Wales
Tombstone
The Searchers
Dances with Wolves

Bretty Good:
Pale Rider
True Grit (original)
The Magnificent Seven
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
3:10 to Yuma (remake)
Fistful of Dollars
Unforgiven
Open Range
Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
Hang 'em High
Silverado
Back to the Future Part III (shut up I liked it)
Blazing Saddles (spoof)

Reddit:
95% of John Wayne's catalogue
High Plains Drifter
Tarantino college kid shit
Costner shit not previously mentioned
Once Upon a Time in the West
"Weird Westerns" that are really just horror / sci-fi / capeshit with a western flavor (ex. Jonah Hex)
The Quick and the Dead
>>
Logan xD xD xD
>>
>>84225785
stop posting, please
>>
File: wait...what.jpg (75KB, 627x480px) Image search: [Google]
wait...what.jpg
75KB, 627x480px
>>84225192
>>Josey Wales
>No points awarded
>>
>>84225856
NO!
>_<
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.