[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When they finally cancel it how will the Simpsons be remembered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: EPCRwBn.jpg (15KB, 768x570px) Image search: [Google]
EPCRwBn.jpg
15KB, 768x570px
When they finally cancel it how will the Simpsons be remembered in the large scale of things?
>>
pretty much like MASH is.
>>
>>84212221
You're saying it'll be rerun without a break until long after we're all dead?
>>
>>84212182
part of the swirling decay discarded as a placenta for Capital.

read nick land
>>
>>84212182
As a show which went on for way, way too long and hasn't been in its prime for literally decades. I'm sure the earlier episodes and seasons of the show will be remembered as a testament to amazing writing for a cartoon show and the later seasons as a testament to how truly shit a good show can get if it stays on for too long.
>>
>>84212182
>When they finally cancel it

I sincerely think they will never stop The Simpsons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m78gYyTrG7Y
>>
>>84212182
Personally, I HOPE it will be discussed and remembered by the general public and critics as it is on this board. A love and appreciation for the golden era with an understanding of how and why the show experienced such a drastic decline in quality. Honesty, if they'd done nothing after season 8/9 it would have gone down as the most brilliant tv show ever.
>>
>>84212954
I'm still waiting for the robot marge episode
>>
>>84213245

She's already a robot in every new episode Anon (think about it)
>>
A gamechanger that allowed itself to become abused for profit.
>>
>>84213261
She isn't a depressed virgin though
>>
The Simpsons has

>7 good seasons
>21 bad ones

Thats 25% of the show is good
>>
there isn't another tv show in existence that is quite like the simpsons

im not talking about its quality but its cultural impact, literally everyone knows what it is

i dont even watch it
>>
>>84213338
>Good

You mean genius, m8
>>
>>84212182
I used to laugh my ass off at family guy when I was a teenager, but I recently rewatched it and I didn't really find anything funny. The Simpsons earlier episodes are quite good, even genius.
>>
>>84212182
I don't think it will be remembered much at all now. If they had stopped when it was at its peak it would have went down in history as one of the best tv shows ever made. Instead now it will kind of just slowly fade out and no one will give a shit
>>
>>84212182
Had a golden era and long overstayed its welcome.
>>
Do you think /tv/ could kill The Simpsons?

Are we the ones who could do it?
>>
>>84212954
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhe3vSe-mmw
>>
So what is the thought process of the writers when they make a new shitty episodes? Do you think they or the studio ever said "how about this time we think it through and make a good episode"?
>>
>>84215063
I don't think anyone writing for the show really cares anymore desu
>>
They'll never stop the simpsons
>>
Seriously, who the hell has been keeping Simpsons alive for the past two decades? It's just baffling.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.