[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who the fuck can save us from the death of cinema? In 2017,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: whywhywhy.jpg (3KB, 171x160px) Image search: [Google]
whywhywhy.jpg
3KB, 171x160px
Who the fuck can save us from the death of cinema?

In 2017, we live in a world where the only thing that can make money or atleast break even is capeshit and Star Wars.

There are almost 0 original ideas in Hollywood right now. The only thing that is coming out that seems redeeming is Dunkirk and that probably can't make money, so Chris Nolan can't do shit. Hollywood refuses to give artists like Del Toro any money to do original projects, so what the fuck is going to happen? Are we really going to live in a world where the ONLY thing we get is capeshit?
>>
there's a lot of foreing films out there better than anything made in hollywood, but if you are talking exclusive in hollywood that can beat capeshit and starwars, in Denis Villeneuve we trust
>>
>>84204742
bump
>>
Hollywood is beyond saving.

They've seen how much money you can make by making safe, easy, lazy, commercialized movies that they can then franchise for years to come.

My advice to you is to stop caring about it, there is a nearly endless wealth of incredible movies already out there, watch those. I know you haven't seen most.
>>
>>84204742
Eventually someone will figure it out and churn out a bunch of low-budget plot-driven movies and make a lot of money, then the rest of the majors are going to rethink the tentpole thing. It would be easier if the chinks weren't still eating up the worst crap we put out.
>>
Blame the pleb audiences for gobbling up all this shit
>>
File: snyder.jpg (58KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
snyder.jpg
58KB, 600x600px
>>84204742
>Who the fuck can save us from the death of cinema?
>>
>>
>>84204742
>Hollywood
So don't watch Hollywood? There's plenty of worthwhile film being made, even in America. Try Malick, Jarmusch, etc.
>>
>>84204931
>blame the average joe because he doesn't know better
what the fuck
is every single person in society supposed to be some sort of enlightened fedora master?
>>
>>84204742
Hollywood is heading to a crash. Might not be very soon, but only a catastrophic even could change the current status quo of money-making blockbusters.
>>
>>84204864
This. In the foreseeable future I don't see hollywood improving unless >>84204910
comes true. Otherwise this trend will continue until a crash.
>>
>>84205018
he's not really wrong though. They might not know any better but that's not really an excuse. Ignorance isn't the same as innocence. Lowest common denominator mean anything to you?
>>
Why does Del Toro get so much love?
I'm not saying that he's a bad director, I loved "The Devils Backbone". I'm wondering because looking at his IMDb page, he didn't really make a lot of movies.
What are some of his essential works?
>>
>>84204742
Me

Prepare for a movie that will change your lives for the better. See you fags in 2022.
>>
>>84205121
everybody ascending is an impossibility
there will always be idiots
idiots existed in the 70s and 80s but movies back then were gold
>>
>>84205153
Because he stays true to his style and is (mostly) original. Of course he does adaptations, but he never strays from his unique style of making movies and that is something that is missing from Hollywood
>>
>>84205185
I won't argue that, but movies didn;t used to pander to them in order to make maximum profits. Lowest common denominator. That's the new philosophy.
>>
>>84205252
nice to see we agree
>>
>Fast and Furious franchise
>Transformers
>Star Wars
>Harry Potter / extraordinary beasts
>Marvel
>James Bond

Get used to the age of CU or shut up.

But in seriousness, western cinema is dead.
>>
>>84205271
>james bond is bad
>not dc/warner
>>
>>84205297
They're very hit or miss. Wouldn't call the Daniel Craig era great.
>>
>>84204931
I blame the Chinese more tbqh
>>
File: wihslpb.jpg (405KB, 1600x1597px) Image search: [Google]
wihslpb.jpg
405KB, 1600x1597px
CamCam
>>
>>84205348

The Chinese are the only ones watching other stuff in aditon to capeshit
>>
File: s9RXtni.jpg (72KB, 684x960px) Image search: [Google]
s9RXtni.jpg
72KB, 684x960px
Nothing is truly original, everything is a derivative of something.
>>
>>84205442
Elsa a cute
>>
There is hope.
>>
>>84205379
Avatar is the worst example of modern cinema. Right up there with super hero films and the soulless new Star Wars movies
>>
>>84204819
He's making a Bladerunner flick that nobody really wants but sure, trust him.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.