[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does knowing Kate Mulgrew hated Jeri Ryan make Voyager better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 12

File: 1268405361381.jpg (210KB, 572x507px) Image search: [Google]
1268405361381.jpg
210KB, 572x507px
Does knowing Kate Mulgrew hated Jeri Ryan make Voyager better or worse for you?
>>
Honestly, I'm never going to watch a Star Trek outside of DS9. I Google the details of the other series when I have to debate it in threads.

So, don't know, will never know
>>
>>84202051
It makes it better, so much better.
>>
Rewatching Voyager, I can't even make it to Seven of Nine. It's just so boring.
>>
>>84202051
Better because a feminist didn't get her way for once. I miss the 90s.
>>
>>84202051
It makes me empathize with Janeway a bit more. I know this is an unpopular opinion, but Seven of Nine ruined any chance of salvaging that show.
>>
Voyager was a weird beast. For all it's many flaws, it would still pump out a few great episodes + a few very decent episodes every season. Once 7 of 9 showed up it became the 7 of 9 and The Doctor show every week.
>>
>>84202051
Poor Harry crying about his mommys fighting
>>
>>84202051
imagine avery brooks reaction if they added tracy morgan to ds9 halfway through
>>
Their fights got so bad they made Harry Kim's actor cry.

https://youtu.be/je-w7Fat3sM
>>
It makes it make a little more sense, at least.
>>
>>84202051
>Jeri Ryan
her shitty divorce and custody battle helped get Obama elected as Senator from IL
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Ryan_(politician)#Campaign_demise
>>
>>84202348
>the 7 of 9 and The Doctor show
I like that show though.
>>
File: dmy.jpg (62KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
dmy.jpg
62KB, 800x600px
>>84202051
"Weird Al" Star Trek facts:

- Weird Al has come up with two ideas for Star Trek songs, but one had been done already and the other was "mediocre".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandatory_Fun#Background
>He later explained that he considered making a Frozen parody titled "Make It So" about Star Trek: The Next Generation, but decided not to after discovering such a parody already existed. Yankovic observed that the existing spoof "had gotten enough attention online to make the Disney legal department ask them to take it down! I couldn't think of an idea that I liked as much as 'Make It So', so... I gave up!".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straight_Outta_Lynwood#Unused_ideas
>Besides his "Bad Day" and "I'm N Luv (Wit A Stripper)" parodies, Yankovic also claimed to have several "mediocre" ideas such as "Holodeck Girl" (a spoof of "Hollaback Girl" by Gwen Stefani)

- There are Star Trek references in five Weird Al songs:

Stuck In A Closet With Vanna White
>Suddenly I'm bowling on the Starship Enterprise

Gee I'm A Nerd (live only)
>Seen each Star Trek eighty times

Genius In France
>I'm not even welcome at the Star Trek convention

White & Nerdy
>Do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?

You're Pitiful
>Your homemade Star Trek uniform really ain't impressing me

Also, there is a Leonard Nimoy reference in Albuquerque
>a local radio station was having a contest to see who could correctly guess the number of molecules on leonard nimoy's butt
>>
>>84202395
Still a cunt for taking it out on Jeri Ryan though.
She's not to blame for what the producers and writers did.
>>
>>84202395
Avery Brooks was coked out of his mind even then. I doubt he'd care.
>>
>>84202051
now i can see the 'tension' when 7 and janeway are on screen.
the hatred kate had for her (a hot big chested blonde in spandex)
jeri, trying to keep a calm face and power on through the episode before heading to her trailer and crying her eyes out.
>>
>>84202444
Good to know at least something went right with her.
>>
>>84202533
more like heading to her trailer to suck some dick
>>
>>84202051
I don't know that though, so I can't get any actual effect from that.
>>
>>84202484
>Tell me why I bid on Shatner's old toupee
>>
>>84202051
Better tbqh
>>
>>84202395
Didn't that have that angle covered with Quark and Rom? A Morgan guest appearance as some kind of retarded cousin would be hilarious.
>>
>>84202051

Everyone hated Seven except the virgins. Of course, virgins make up the majority of fans. So there you have it

Seven had nothing to do with the later seasons being better. The Doctor had the best episodes
>>
>>84203332
>Seven had nothing to do with the later seasons being better.
The show's run is a Seven/Kes dichotomy so it's natural to think so.
>>
>>84202051

better

female on female jealousy is hot

cant say I blame kate though, Seven was possibly the most blatant and in your face pure sexual eye candy i saw in the 90s
>>
>>84203332
At least she has an interesting gimmick.
What's interesting about Janeway?
>>
>>84202348

Voyager has more rewatchability to me than any other trek. Even though it had the worst episodes, it had more average episodes than TNG. DS9 was by far the best, but i just cant grab an episode and watch it. It's like watching a great movie. You pay attention to everything because it was so good, but how often do you rewatch the best movies? And how often do you rewatch mindless action movies. Kind of like that
>>
>>84203320
They're jews though. Jews are the ones that sold his people into slavery to begin with.
>>
>>84203410
A raspy voice and fickle sense of justice when it comes to genocide.
>>
>>84203410

Nothing at all. Knowitall Janeway and Doitall Paris were almost as bad as Seven
>>
>>84203415
VOY is also the first trek that figured out how to stick the landing on two part episodes.
>>
File: 1239490071972.gif (3MB, 360x283px) Image search: [Google]
1239490071972.gif
3MB, 360x283px
Worf is terrible on DS9. It's a terrible rehash of his story arc on TNG (loses his honor, wife dies, son resents him). He took valuable time away from the far superior and more interesting Chief O'Brien. Erasing his brother's memories is fucking retarded.

Prove me wrong.
>>
File: 1277570_320.jpg (14KB, 320x239px) Image search: [Google]
1277570_320.jpg
14KB, 320x239px
>>84202348
>>84203415
its because as horrible as voyager was overall, it has a disproportionate number of truly great episodes and just enough average-good enough ones that are watchable

and id argue even most of the terrible ones are watchable in their own ironic surreal so-bad-it-defies-belief kinda way
>>
>>84203462
I like early Paris.
He's an unusual character for a Trek show.
>>
>>84202205
I'm debating the show with people who havent watched it?
>>
File: martok-worf.jpg (46KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
martok-worf.jpg
46KB, 600x449px
>>84203478
Worf with Martok are some of my favourite parts of DS9-
>>
File: orb-sisko.png (510KB, 764x543px) Image search: [Google]
orb-sisko.png
510KB, 764x543px
>>84202515
>Rick Berman’s first choice for the role of Sisko was actor Avery Brooks. The two had met many years earlier when the then-struggling young actor rented a room in Berman’s family apartment, and Brooks’ often terrifying and deranged antics during the three months he lived there left a lasting impression on the executive. Years later, Berman remembered the volatile actor and knew that he was the only possible man who could play the mad Sisko, and he sent Brooks a copy of the script. “Between three and four in the morning, the phone rang,” Berman recalled. “It took me at least a couple of minutes before I realized who was the source of this inarticulate screaming. And after an hour of this, it dawned on me that he found it the most fascinating script and wanted to be The Emissary.”

>From the beginning of the production on the pilot episode, writer Michael Piller and Brooks argued about the proper manner to portray Sisko. Brooks wanted to play a “wild, ranting madman”, but Piller wanted something “quieter, more menacing”. In order to get the performance he desired, before each shot director David Carson would deliberately infuriate him. After waiting for the hot-tempered actor’s inevitable tantrum to “burn itself out”, Carson would then roll the camera.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
>>84203562
>Even the director wasn’t safe from his twisted vision. “One time I yelled ‘cut’ and he turned to me and said 'What if someone just stood in the middle of the Promenade and yelled cut? Maybe the Ferengi in suits would forget their trained routine of acquiring’ My jaw hit the floor and it never really came back up. That’s when I thought, is he getting in character to play Sisko, or is Sisko something that’s been in him all along?”

>“Sometimes I would go to look into the cameras, and I noticed he had put something in the lens. It was stuff like 'What if cameras were phasers? Would you be a mass murderer?’ and 'Lights. Camera. EDDINGTON!.’ I had to ask him to stop because I was getting too scared to direct.”
>>
>tfw watched blink of an eye years ago and thought it was 10/10 amazing, only saw it randomly, had only watched a handful of voyager epsiodes before
>just finished watching the same episode and thought it was good but nowhere near my expectations

did i build it up too much or was it/voyager just not that good
>>
>>84203609
one of my favorite episodes so the problem is you
>>
>>84203547
Why do you believe every obviously bullshit post you see on here?
>>
>>84203562
>>84203586
I know this is bullshit but I still want to believe.
>>
>>84202499
She was fucking the executive producer and he gave her a job because of it. She might not be robbing the bank herself, but she still took the money from it.
>>
>>84203639

ok
>>
I can't believer there are people who actually download and watch Voyager intentionally as an activity of its own as opposed to just happening to to just catch it on while looking for something to put the tv on while you eat lunch.
>>
>>84203498
>and id argue even most of the terrible ones are watchable in their own ironic surreal so-bad-it-defies-belief kinda way
This. Who among us can honestly say he isn't a better person for having seen Threshold?
>>
>>84203557
That's more because of how based Martok is.
>>
>>84203877

me. Some things i can never do and that is rewatching Threshold, Nightingale, Elogium or 37s
>>
>>84202288
that's when it get good. borg always comes through
>>
>>84203896
If Martok is so based then why aren't you voting for him?
>>
>>84202051
better.
jeri ryan is bimbo slut with no talent.
>>
>>84203841
Then I have to watch it dubbed and with commercial breaks.
>>
File: superbestfriends.jpg (21KB, 349x260px) Image search: [Google]
superbestfriends.jpg
21KB, 349x260px
>>84203914
>the fucking amelia earhart episode
>>
File: 1497113880636.png (36KB, 778x512px) Image search: [Google]
1497113880636.png
36KB, 778x512px
>>84203706
giv jeri pusy
>>
>>84203478
I just like Klingons
>>
>>84202051
Didn't Dark Kate hate everyone?
>>
>>84203964
I doubt that you was watching that trainwreck for her acting talent.
>>
File: tosk-captivepursuit.jpg (67KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
tosk-captivepursuit.jpg
67KB, 640x480px
>>84203415
>I just can't grab an episode and watch it
that's good for you, but I am Tosk.
>>
File: ferengilovesongs_623.jpg (124KB, 692x530px) Image search: [Google]
ferengilovesongs_623.jpg
124KB, 692x530px
>>84206156
>I am Tosk.

BRUNT. FCA.
>>
>>84202883
lol how you know?
>>
File: S:J.jpg (102KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
S:J.jpg
102KB, 576x432px
>>84202051
It makes me chuckle when I think of them having to perform Seven/Janeway fanfic scenarios
>>
>>84202051

Better, I think. I liked Mulgrew a lot and Janeway was entertaining as fuck. 7 of 9 was only there for tits and ass, it;s kinda insulting how lazy her character is.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.