[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seriously, what the fuck were they thinking when they were making

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: holiday special.jpg (130KB, 1022x826px) Image search: [Google]
holiday special.jpg
130KB, 1022x826px
Seriously, what the fuck were they thinking when they were making this. This piece of shit must have just been written by a sentient pile of drugs.
>>
Ironically, if no this shit we wouldnt have ESB Or Bobba Fett
>>
File: what the fuck.jpg (8KB, 225x158px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck.jpg
8KB, 225x158px
>Go to hologram table
>Insane circus starts
WAHNNA WAN WHANNA WAN WAhNNA NANANANA NAH
>>
>>84201178
We definitely would have still had Empire. Possibly not Boba Fett, but really who cares? We would have just had a similar character with a different design.
>>
>>84201095
>This piece of shit must have just been written by a sentient pile of drugs.

Made by the same man who made the prequels
>>
>>84201237
Bruce Vilanch?
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 768x432px)
image.gif
2MB, 768x432px
>Still no blu ray restoration
>>
>>84201237
Yes and I want whatever he was on when he came up with this

https://youtu.be/2TTnjivfuUk?t=26s
>>
>>84201274
There's gotta be a circle of hell where this music just plays on repeat
>>
>>84201214
Producers asked for Holiday Special. Lucas had to do It to get money for Esb. Not sure if he aktually directed Holiday tho.
>>
You have to understand that in the 70s, variety shows were huge.

>>84201375
>Not sure if he aktually directed Holiday tho.

He didn't, Steve Binder did. Lucas famously said if he could destroy every copy of it with a sledgehammer, he would.

>"That's one of those things that happened, and I just have to live with it."
>>
>tfw there's an alternate universe where George directed Empire Strikes Back with the same mindset he had with this special
>>
Cheesy specials like this were the norm back then, it only gets so much attention because it's Star Wars

At the time Star Wars was just another shitty blockbuster like Jaws for the kids, they didn't know how respected it would become
>>
>>84201178
Explain.
>>
>>84201375
Read this somewhere way back...Lucas was too busy filming Empire to be bothered with this "thing", and actors were contractually obligated to make appearances...most of the concepts were left up to TV/Hollywood types who didn't understand or give a fuck about the movie--like...hey stick Jefferson Starship in there...who cares, just stick them in there! Supposedly when Lucas saw it he was pissed and tried to have the master destroyed or something...the only reason why it survived is because of people who taped it...
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.