[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>92% on Rotten Tomatoes >8.1 on IMDB (same as Stalker)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: ww.jpg (53KB, 666x999px) Image search: [Google]
ww.jpg
53KB, 666x999px
>92% on Rotten Tomatoes
>8.1 on IMDB (same as Stalker)

What the fuck, lads? This film felt like your average popcorn superhero flick. So many cliches, reddit jokes, shit tier fighting scenes, etc. Leaving aside the obvious plot full of shit, the film is a 6.5 at best. With the plot taken into account, probably a 5.5. Am I missing something about the movie? Why is it being praised so much?
>>
Because we let them win.
>>
PC, woman power and other glorious US things. Worldwide it isn't as successful at other capeshit
>>
>>84199986
This movie was pretty much my last straw with Reddit Tomatoes, I couldn't believe how memed I got into seeing this--just your average capeshit but with a female lead. Film critics were a mistake.
>>
>>84199986
Didn't you think the same when The Avengers also got a 92% and 8 on rottentomatoes, and an 8.1 on imdb?
>>
>>84199986
>same as Stalker
I didn't come here to get angry. Stop.
>>
>>84199986
I liked the film since I loved WW as a child but this film is no where near those ratings, 60- 65% perhaps.
>>
>>84200093
Any time there's a PC narrative surrounding a movie understand that the ratings will be through the roof pretty much regardless. Otherwise RT is pretty spot on.

The best example of this before Wonder Woman is Get Out, which if you believe RT, is the GOAT horror movie.
>>
>>84200247
>Didn't you think the same when The Avengers also got a 92% and 8 on rottentomatoes, and an 8.1 on imdb?

yes, yes we did.
>>
File: WW1.gif (957KB, 536x268px) Image search: [Google]
WW1.gif
957KB, 536x268px
>>
>>84200975
I was asking OP specifically, because he acts as if this is the first time it has happened.
>>
File: bahahahahahaha.gif (4MB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
bahahahahahaha.gif
4MB, 426x240px
>>
People on 4chan have been saying that the movie's high rating is the result of it playing to the current political zeitgeist. I don't think that's the case. I think it has more to do with how it took the first baby steps away from Snyder's distinctive and highly controversial style in favor of a more conventional superhero movie style.
>>
File: 1496883351631.gif (2MB, 489x304px) Image search: [Google]
1496883351631.gif
2MB, 489x304px
>>84201255
>tfw no crazy jew gf
>>
>>84199986

literally 2deep4u
>>
>>84201558
Probably desu. It felt a lot closer to everyone else's formulas then the MoS/BvS.
>>
>>84199986
Hmmmmmmmmm I wonderrrrrrrrr
>>
It was fun, simple to follow, the humour was contained and landed well for the most part (unlike the MCU) and it had a believable romance. It's only amazing in the context of the capeshit genre, in which unwatchable CGI nightmares without plot like Guardians 2 are considered standouts too
>>
>>84199986
Because it's better than that shit movie stalker. Fuck me you fake movie fags are the worst.
>>
>>84199986
It reminded me of nu star wars. Competently made with some fun moments but cliche and mostly soul-less.
>>
>>84199986
the bar has been lowered so much for movies these days that people are desperate for anything that's not horrible.
>>
>>84201255
omg what a freaky skeletton
>>
>No Dr. Poison nude scene

WHAT IS THE FUCKING POINT?!?!!11
>>
>>84202281
>the humour was contained and landed well for the most part
I experienced the 'retards in the theater clapping at jokes' meme for the first time in my life. Every joke was a predictable two parter, too. You could clearly see when they were setting something up and knew what punchline was coming but for whatever reason the other people in my theater would sit there in anticipation until the joke was finished and only then freak out. It was like watching big bang theory.
>>
>>84199986
it's kino
>>
>>84202422
>Habitacion en Roma (2010)
You're welcome
>>
>>84202422

There's... other movies.
>>
People in this country jack off to feminism and israeli women now. Thats how I know people are totally mind controlled. They don't really want their beliefs challenged, especially things the TV told them when they were kids.
>>
>>84202493

Dat breif Israeli thigh shot during the boat trip can't be unseen, I can only imagine if I was a teenager.
>>
Why are you all such busters this movie was pretty good. 92% and an 8.1 considering how movies are rated now is fine.
>>
>>84202383
>I am gay
>>
you're retarded OP. ignoring that RT is bought out trash, the score is based on the percentage of reviews that were positive. imdb is based on a scoring of 1-10 system and because modern people are retarded, a 1-5 is horrible, 6 average, 7 pretty ok, 8 good, 9 great, 10 amazing.
>>
left wing politics pushed it over the top
>>
Where were you when the same happened to 15 MCU movies? This bullshit is nothing new.
>>
>>84201255
>dance of joy for just making a shit ton of shekels.

Jews are always looking out for other Jews.
>>
what is the qualification for writing a review for rotten tomatoes?

most of these reviews are vapid platitudes anyway
>>
watching this tonight and I hope it isn't GotG or Avengers over again

I have no idea what critics were thinking with those
>>
>$587,596,846
>>
>>84199986
We lost. Women won
>>
>it's a butthurt autists don't understand how the rotten tomatoes system works episode
>>
>>84203983
Which is why RT is cancer due to how misleading that shit is promoting extremely average films.
>>
Thanks to MCU fuckers, they standardized mediocre superhero flicks and made people hate true capekinos like Man of Steel and Batman v Superman. Its not DC's fault for making WW a success.
>>
>>84201558
>away from Snyder's clusterfuck of tardness
FTFY
>>
>>84204024
>promoting extremely average films.
/tv/ does the same, without any sort of rating system.
>>
>>84204080
Pretty much. I guess Marvel fanboys got what they wanted. Now WB is going to royally fuck them in the ass in terms of box-office while previously they were willing to sacrifice a bit of profit for artist integrity. Now we are entering an era of WB-made DC films, not director-made. Just like Disney are the ones making the Marvel movies and directors hired as prop.
>>
>>84200948
Except you know, Ghostubsters 2016. Which was shit on by audiences and barely made back its money.
>>
>>84204902
>the one exception
>haha proved you wrong
>get a load of this guy, thinking film critics are biased in favor of leftist narratives
>>
>>84199986
Nearly everything starts out high. Check the rating again in 5 or 10 years.

That a movie like Stalker (which the average philistine would hate) still has a 8.1 after decades says something.

That a newly-released capeshit is being highly rated by people who like capeshit says nothing.
>>
>>84200093
RT doesn't have proper film critics, that's the problem. They're largely commercial 'critics' writing for popular publications. Of course they're going to have shit taste
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.