[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>absolutely gorgeous lighting that puts Terrence Malick to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (161KB, 1044x1563px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161KB, 1044x1563px
>absolutely gorgeous lighting that puts Terrence Malick to shame
>breathtaking visuals and photography
>flawless soundmixing
>as the film progresses, Bay abandons both dialogue and narrative structure in favour of an almost sixty minutes long, tour de force action scene that satturates the senses to the utter limit
>universally despised by feeble-minded critics

Alas, humankind is not yet ready for transcendent kino!
>>
>>84194534
>t. ching chong
>>
File: 1458948186692.jpg (9KB, 140x182px) Image search: [Google]
1458948186692.jpg
9KB, 140x182px
>mfw vulgar autists ramble about cinematography to defend these shitty flicks
Just admit you like to turn your brain off and watch some explosions. Stop being so pretentious.
>>
>>84194534
I hate this franchise, I don't see giant robots fighting I see giant piles of scraps falling in the ground
>>
>>84194534
Robotkino
>>
>>84194572
>muh narrative

you'll never make it
>>
>>84194667
Cut the bullshit, you're no better than the Chads who holler and clap when they see an explosion. Hell, you're actually worse since the Chads don't try to justify their shit taste.
>>
>>84194534
Transformers shills are a thing? Jesus Christ Paramount, You're gonna make your money back no matter what, fuck off.
>>
>>84194573
Sensory overload. I've heard plenty of people saying Transformers movies give them headaches. Your brain is constantly trying to make sense of the visual input while the soundtrack and sounds of explosions is hammering in your ears.

It's like staring at one of those optical illusions while listening to death metal for two hours.
>>
>>84194667
>muh flashy visuals
Bay could jangle car keys in your face while farting for two hours and you would call it art.
>>
>>84194751
I had to take an Advil after torrenting the second one, which gets my vote for the worst blockbuster this century.
>>
>>84194711
Transformers is the Dunning-Kruger-Effect of film.
It's appreciated by by both brain-dead normies and Kino Connaisseurs, but for very different reasons.
>>
File: 1492131883598.jpg (22KB, 397x398px) Image search: [Google]
1492131883598.jpg
22KB, 397x398px
>>84194534
Yeah I'm sorry dude, "visuals" don't count for shit when you have so much stupid ass fucking dialogue

>Cogman (the fedora Transformer)
>Little Mexican girl (I'm Hispanic and I'm tired of this fucking token beaner character thing)
>Marky Mark's interactions with muh stronk Oxford womyn

Fuck I'm not continuing. Just go see fucking Baby Driver anons
>>
>>84194842
>but for very different reasons.
No, it's for the exact same reasons. The difference is the normies don't come up with pretentious bullshit to justify liking explosions.
>>
>>84194874
The visuals aren't even good. Bay has no idea how to coherently direct an action scene, everything is so shaky and overstuffed you get a pounding headache.
>>
>>84194613
Transkino
>>
>>84194807
Transformers headach-o-meter, ranking from mild discomfort to vertigo and vomiting in your popcorn bag:
Transformers
Dark of the moon
Revenge of the Fallen
Age of Extinction
The last Knight
>>
transformers movies are only disliked by people with autism.
>>
>>84195009
They're only liked by the normiest of normies and vulgar autists who refuse to accept they have shit taste.
>>
>giant robots fighting with swords
>robot dinosaurs
>robot dragons

>people hating on it because it's not a bergman film
>>
>>84194874

The "dialogue" and "story" in this film are negligible: they are a fig-leave to apease the studio and allow Bay to spend 200 million dollars on an experimental film.
>>
File: 66580.png (1014KB, 950x608px) Image search: [Google]
66580.png
1014KB, 950x608px
>>84195048
>big dumb action that doesn't have any sort of deep themes
>"experimental film"
>>
wtf im gonna see this movie with at least one other person now
>>
>>84194919
Not true. His editing is very fast-paced, I'll give you that.
>>
>>84194572
what's wrong with turning your brain off? The transformers movies have no pretension of being anything more than popcorn entertainment. I have more problems with 600 superhero movies a year being treated as high art by critics and setting up the trend for every single modern action blockbuster than 5 stupid robot movies in the span of ten years
>>
/tv/ is the greatest example of Poe's Law in existence
>>
>>84195144
The CGI is undeniably solid but it isn't anything groundbreaking or awe-inspiring. Within a decade it'll be outdated. Bay is no Jim Cameron.
>>
>>84194534
POST PICS OF THE CUNNY
>>
>>84195176
>what's wrong with turning your brain off?
Nothing, just don't pretentiously justify it. I don't mind normies who mindlessly enjoy this schlock but I hate vulgar autists who try to argue that this soulless entertainment is pure art.
>>
>>84195138
Go at a midnight screening when laughing at the dialogue won't get you strange glances from normies.

I made that mistake with FF7 (?) - the one where Paul Walker dies.

In one scene Kurt Russel offers Vin Diesel beer and he says ge'd rahter have corona and Kurt Russel just pulls a huge bucket of ice with coronas straight out a tv commercial out of literally thin air and hands it to him: burst into laughing for a minute and the bimbo bitch in the row behind me started kicking my seat because I was "ruining the epic scene"...
>>
>>84194751
I threw up during Revenge of the Fallen. I wasn't even feeling bad. I just suddenly felt the urge to stand up, go to the bathroom and vomit.

First and only time a movie was so terrible it made me physically ill .
>>
File: Brody_Jacket_photo.jpg (547KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Brody_Jacket_photo.jpg
547KB, 500x500px
>>84194534
>>
>>84194534
>Better lighting than Malick
>Breathtaking visuals

This may be the best meme since BvS being good.
>>
>>84195199
I don't know.
The last thirty minutes are soldiers flying around floating platforms to do something (?) and I've honestly never seen anything like it in a movie: the way the clouds and mist are shot, with the sun creating huge shadows and bright glow was really something to see on the big screen.
>>
>>84195265
The op was clearly ironic
>>
>>84195403
You're overestimating /tv/, anon.
>>
Don't even know which Transformers movies I've watched.
I only remember a robot pissing on John Turturro, a pyramid and a robot with a beard.
Also every fighting scene was a blurry mess of scrap metal, shaky cam and explosions
>>
>>84195403
Poe's law, anon
>>
>>84195322
Pretty solid, yes, but for MOTY (meme of the year) I'll have to go with taxposting. Made me laugh a lot and it has a wide range although it does work best with LoTR of course...
>>
https://youtu.be/R4rMy1iA268

ONE OF US
>>
File: sucker punch.jpg (38KB, 300x443px) Image search: [Google]
sucker punch.jpg
38KB, 300x443px
>>84194842
>>
>>84195403
The fact that people are falling for it really sheds a light on the average /tv/ poster nowadays, if anything.
I bet there's plenty of people now who haven't even seen any Malick movies. Honestly, /mu/ and /lit/ are probably better places for film discussion nowadays...
>>
File: 1475264378976.jpg (145KB, 670x424px) Image search: [Google]
1475264378976.jpg
145KB, 670x424px
>>84195285
Kek. It's okay anon that was pretty funny.
>>
>>84195199
>Within a decade it will be outdated

The CGI from the first film still holds up better than a lot of recent shit, and that came out a decade ago
>>
>>84195520
I agree with you but fuck /lit/ and every pretentious fuck who browses /lit/, I'll take cunnyposting over that
>>
>>84195734
I'd say /lit/ and /mu/ are fine as long as you don't actively engage in the pretentious discussions and stick to topics you have an personal interest in.

I did find a lot of books and music I like thanks to their recommendation charts.
>>
>didn't pay to see this movie in IMAX
>thinks he has a valid opinion
>>
>>84195858
Are you looking forward to the new Death Grips album?
>>
>>84195672
True.
When age of extinction came out some anons made some charts comparing the cg to the most recent Marvel stuff and Transformer completely wiped the floor with that crap despite almost identical budgets...
>>
>>84195858
I don't browse /mu/ so I wouldn't know, but it's strictly impossible to discuss anything on /lit/ that isn't approved by the hivemind and every post sounds like it's written by the same person, there's more engaging discussion in bane threads
>>
>>84195672
>>84195901
The CGI from the first three make Age of Extinction look like shit.
>>
>>84195884
Do you think normies notice the constantly shifting aspect ratio? I find it very irritating.
Then again, normies seem rather oblivious to things like that.

I remeber watching the second Hobbit movie in the theater where they just randomly throw in a few seconds of potato go-pro footage that looks absolutely ridiculous and I think my brother and I were the only people to notice out of a hundred or so.

Makes me wonder what other people think when I consume media I have no such understanding of as film (maybe music or paintings) and I just Computer letely ignore such intricacies...
>>
>>84196012
I don't give half a shit unless you saw it in IMAX.
>>
>>84195926
How so? Are they contrarian and only like obscure literature or only accept critically acclaimed stuff like nobel-prize-winning books?

Out of all media-related boards I think /co/ is actually the best: generally friendly discussion, smaller topics (like non-cape comics, european comics etc) are tolerated. Worst would be probably /a/, it's impossible to have any kind of exchange that does not in some way or form revolve around the desire to fuck fictional characters.
>>
>>84195195
for real, I cant believe anyone took OP seriously
>>
>>84194572
>>84195176
I don't get it. These movies are boring as fuck. How the hell is seeing explosion no. 68455 and muh generic Save the Cat!® reiteration no. 9001 entertaining in any way after you've seen it once in Terminator 1 or some shit?
>>
>>84194534
God damn I hated this movie SOOOOOO much.
I want that stupid beaner girl to go back.
I want that WOMYN STRUNK cunt to die from cervical cancer.
I really don't want to say anything about Kevin Spacy, but his character was annoying too.
And then there's all the fucking explosions, random ADHD moments, that stupid god damn scientist that never shut the fuck up, plot lines that never went anywhere but they threw in there to make the movie seem less retarded...AND WHY THE FUCK DID THIS SHIT NEED TO BE 3 FUCKING HOURS LONG.
>>
>>84194565
>being this new
>>
>>84196485
What?
>>
>>84195048
Richard Brody, is that you?
>>
>>84196182
there are some infographics about which books are /lit/core and they are the only books that are allowed to be discussed in any capacity without being called garbage and that's it
it's still a step ahead of /v/ where it's just bitter people who can't admit they enjoy a childish hobby (there's nothing wrong with that) so they try to be elitist to the point of retardation where nothing is ever good, because they need to justify playing videogames to themselves by saying they only play the "perfect ones"
but really they are just a microcosm of the literature and videogames fandoms which are both fucking awful, at least /tv/ is a chill board where people shitpost and have fun instead of being an endless dick measuring content on who is able to appreciate the deepest forms of literature, or who enjoys the best children videogame (except for capeshit company wars threads which are complete garbage)
This was a shitposting thread in the first place so I might as well claim it as my blog
>>
>>84196485
The female character was the least feminist character I've ever fucking seen. Her first appearance is crashing a car! She's clearly lusting after guys and can't even talk when Marky Prime is shirtless. And the little girl was barely in the movie.
>>
>>84194874
Baby Driver is not good
>>
After the garbage that was AoE I feel I'm owned the price of a ticket, so I'm waiting for a camrip.
>>
I liked the film overall, but I really hated that they killed 3/4 of the Decepticons Megatron springs out in a very quick scene. They should have saved Dreadbot or Mohawk for the London chase scene, and/or the final fight.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.