[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was this show so good? And why do so many people not understand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2398.png (166KB, 690x460px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2398.png
166KB, 690x460px
Why was this show so good?

And why do so many people not understand Lenny's character?
>>
File: 1498042626006.jpg (66KB, 1024x590px) Image search: [Google]
1498042626006.jpg
66KB, 1024x590px
>>84193189

Because a lot of people either haven't actually watched it or are too retarded to take the show on it's own terms.

It's either
>wtf Lenny is literally drumpf
or
>le based Lenny, crusade now xDD

Excited for where his arc goes in S2 tbqh.
>>
>>84193359

I think he will fuck Vioello over and insonuate he is a pedophile who fiddled that disabled kid.

I think the series should have ended. It was a perfect ending but I know there's so much they can do.
>>
>>84193550

>I think the series should have ended. It was a perfect ending

Agreed, though if they can keep S1 quality for a few seasons, the show will be goat.
>>
>>84193630
Pablo isn't doing a second season of this show. He's doing the new pope or some shit.
>>
>>84193189
>And why do so many people not understand Lenny's character?
Because he was so ambiguous. It was clear that he was a saint, so why did he have so much trouble believing?
>>
>>84193702

Because he was atheist having been abandoned by his parents as a kid.
>>
>>84193702
He's not really ambiguous, he's just a human being and a complex character, he's dogmatic, he's revolutionary, he's a saint and doubts his faith etc. He's all of those things at once.

That's why all of his adversaries fail - they think of him as someone who can be categorized as one of those things and refuse to look at him as a human, not a point on the ideological spectrum.

That's why it was made as a series and not a movie - movies has to condense characters to fit into narrative, and that's not how it works in real life. In the longer narrative you can actually explore the complexity of a human nature, and it's done brilliantly in the series.
>>
>>84194225
>He's not really ambiguous, he's just a human being and a complex character, he's dogmatic, he's revolutionary, he's a saint and doubts his faith etc. He's all of those things at once.
Good point. I forgot he was supposed to be paradoxical. It still seems kinda crazy to me that he could perform at least 3 miracles and still have doubt, but I guess that's what makes him an interesting character.
>>
DUDE IM JUST SO COMPLICATED LMAO
>>
>>84194327

Both of you are wrong

See >>84193936

He even says he doesn't believe in God and the priest later on accuses him of not believing in God. He doesn't want to believe he is a saint because what God would allow his own parents to abandon him?

That's why His parents appearing at his Homily was a miracle, hence why he fainted

Lenny just wanted to be loved and respected unconditionally.
>>
>>84193359
>S2
anon I...
>>
>>84193359
>Excited for where his arc goes in S2 tbqh.
anon...
>>
>2016 series
>I'M SEXY AND I KNOW IT starts playing
>>
File: IMG_2400.jpg (33KB, 424x258px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2400.jpg
33KB, 424x258px
The arc with the baby is the best one because it shows Lenny wouldn't be able to be a dad. He gave an infertile woman a baby through prayer.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.