[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>female led content comes out >everyone pretends it broke

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: DCj3WhiUIAE0JQn.jpg (211KB, 1064x1537px) Image search: [Google]
DCj3WhiUIAE0JQn.jpg
211KB, 1064x1537px
>female led content comes out
>everyone pretends it broke new ground

why does this happen?
>>
>>84192541
To sell the idea to women with no memory span thanks to the continuous clickbait they absorb.
>>
>>84192595
Women believed a meme pic saying Henry Cavill made 46 times as much as Gadot when he play Supes in MoS than she did in WW. Bitches are fucking stupid
>>
>"Hey everyone check out this Wonderwoman we all just discovered!"
>Literally been around since the 40s.
>>
Buffy was terrible.
>>
File: 1488584089042.png (575KB, 534x528px) Image search: [Google]
1488584089042.png
575KB, 534x528px
>>84193340
here's your reply
>>
>>84192541
(((Marketing)))
>>
>>84193340
YOU FUCKING MORON DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THE DEEP SOCIAL AND ECONOMICAL IMPLICATIONS OF HAVING THE FIRST STRONG FEMALE LEAD ON TV THEY ARE GINORMOUS IMPLICATIONS ILL TELL YOU THAT GIRLS ARENT JUST SOME FLOWER LOVING WEAKLINGS LIKE SOME WILL HAVE YOU BELIEVE THEYRE JUST AS EVER LOVING KICK ASS KANGAROO AS MEN ARE WE ARE ALL EQUAL SO LETS TREAT IT LIKE THAT OKAY SWEETIE
>>
>>84193610
Wasn't Xena first?
>>
>xena suddenly doesn't exist

>>
File: hahahah.jpg (12KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
hahahah.jpg
12KB, 258x245px
>>84192541
>tfw Sarah Michelle Gellar actually tweeted this
https://twitter.com/SarahMGellar/status/876222098443689984
Grade A butthurt.
>>
>>84192870
>Bitches are fucking stupid
Including liberal, virtue signaling males. They erroneously gush over how important this film is. They're all just suckers for>>84193567
>>
>>84192541
SJWS sure know about publicity
>>
>>84192541
>badass
I don't understand what's badass about someone with supernatural powers. If I'm impervious to fire, it's not exactly badass of me to be a fireman. John McClane is a badass, not WW.
>>
>>84196410
they say badass when they want to say superior to men
>>
>>84196410
Superman can be badass as well, darkseid is also badass, it's not just about physical attributes my friend
>>
>>84192541
The simplest and probably most accurate answer is that most members of the target audience for this crap have never seen the older films with strong female leads.
>>
They've been pushing the "female superhero" thing forever. Look up She-ra. 1985. Girls just didn't want her. Even Wonder Woman fanbase is primarily dudes.
>>
>>84192541
>people making a big deal about a woman character either way
ie people who hate film and would rather make some dumb political stance on something.

>badass feminine character
When you say badass you mean, that person was in an action scene. It means visually impressive but hollow action. It's a shit term to use when implying a character is good.
>>
I think some of the reactions are stupid and definitely overblown to fuel the marketing/hype machine but there is another aspect to this.

>Capekino and franchise films are the current Hollywood dead horse.
>Mostly male leads in these films or ensemble casts.
>Film with a female lead that focuses on action is financially successful.

Hollywood likes to say that the data proves that female leads can't move tickets. Wonder Woman's doing well enough that the studios may re-examine the data. Sony was probably hoping that Ghostbusters would be the movie to do this but they must not have realized that it was an irredeemable pile of shit. Wonder Woman hits the bar of mediocrity for capekino so most normies will go see it.
>>
>>84196584
They've never seen Alien? Fucking plebs.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.