[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At least, before he died, Meemo knew exactly what kind of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 264
Thread images: 38

File: C-VonLpXoAEh-zG[1].jpg (56KB, 944x619px) Image search: [Google]
C-VonLpXoAEh-zG[1].jpg
56KB, 944x619px
At least, before he died, Meemo knew exactly what kind of person Varga was.
>>
The best Fargo villain? maybe, maybe he did in fact know
>>
bump[
>>
>>84188785
The season finale was so underwhelming to me that it changed my opinion on the season.
>>
>>84189539
this to be quite fair

Varga is still the best antagonist though
>>
>>84189539
Why did you dislike it? I really enjoyed it.
I was rooting for Sy and he got a bad ending, but as a finale, I thought it was good
>>
RIP our little memer.
>>
>>84188785
Emmit and Sy didn't deserve this shit, man.
>>
>>84188785
Yep, Vargo should have leaved the door open so he could die with other retards.
>>
>>84189539
>>84189563
agree with those gentlemen
>>
Am I the only one with a slight mancrush to Meemo? I might be autistic but as a manlet, I'm going to copy his wardrobe and style, looks clean as fuck
>>
>>84190188
you can literally only pull this look off if you're asian
>>
>>84189539
>>84189563
>>84190046
stick to video games
>>
it is implied in the show that he is a spook right?
>>
what was the point of the guy being accused of murder in e01? did varga escape? what happened to the russian hitman? fuck this.
>>
>>84190036
I don't get it. I was sort of drunk when i watched EP but what happened to Varga?Did he just walk out like a boss?
>>
>>84190581
the guy in e1 was wrongfully accused of murder since he had a similar name to cossack yuri. showing that cossack yuri is evil!!!!

it is heavily implied that he died "in" the bowling alley while wrench and nikki were allowed to continue living. he bled out from having his entire ear chopped off.

and yes varga escaped. >>84190615

2=1>movie>3

prove me wrong
>>
>>84190804
>rating anything above the movie
but why? the movie was a perfect tragicomedy about idiots getting in over their head and the cop who doesn't do much to stop them.
>>
>>84190581
The point was setingt up the purveying theme of the entire season, and the commentary on Fargo in general, about making a story real.
>>
File: Meme-O dancing.webm (2MB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
Meme-O dancing.webm
2MB, 1280x640px
Meme-O is dancing in the Black Lodge with Yuri. He was best boy.
>>
I'm ok with MEW death, it's random and shit fargo style

I'm ok with the suspended finale, wich much likely varga just walk out like a boss and gloria finally know she "didn't exist"

I'm ok with everything but why the fuck mr wrench would kill emmit five years after the final showdown? This is just stupid.
>>
>>84190581
he was put in place of the real yuri. like how later in the season they had a fat asian man get arrested for the stussy murders so that meemo, the real killer, could walk around. also sets up the theme that no matter how far you run from your past, it will come get you, even if you think you are in the clear. yuri thought he was clear of his crime of killing helga, but still got nailed for it. emit thought he was clear of his crime killing ray, but he still got what was coming to him.
>>
File: schrodingers bowling alley.png (49KB, 1879x177px) Image search: [Google]
schrodingers bowling alley.png
49KB, 1879x177px
>>84190804
varga did and did not escape. schrodingers cat situation.
>>
>>84191147
what a retarded theory
>>
>>84191147
this only applies to varga, yuri is for sure dead. stop shitposting
>>
The finale was Omega Station levels of stupid. Emmit dying was nonsensical, predictable and boring.

It's as if every character who isn't a cop or related to a cop, deserves to die in this show. And people then defend shitty writing time and time again with, "It's supposed to not make any sense!"

Who the fuck writes these season finales? Why are they so shitty?
>>
>>84189539
that's the season in general. the good aspects were really good but as a whole it was pretty underwhelming.
>>
The finale was dumb, and broke it's own dumb rules. It can't just have it's cake and eat it too.

>hurr durr we going to put supernatural omnipotent characters in the show that predict the future
>hurr durr nah we will just have the girl die randomly by a state trooper all randomly lol

You can't set up a show to have a structured theme and flow, and then make that theme or flow irrelevant for the sake of being random (aka pleb fodder).
>>
File: 9cYJnyp.png (123KB, 244x361px) Image search: [Google]
9cYJnyp.png
123KB, 244x361px
what kind of poison permanently paralyzes you? not asking if there is one, but which could it be?
also sy did nothing wrong
>>
>>84191441
This, all that stupid biblical quote "you will remember it when bla bla bla"

no point in it
>>
not surprised by the type of ending they went for

the season kept inflating like a balloon and instead of a tremendous pop it just kept deflating unsatisfyingly. there's probably loads to appreciate on a deeper level but on a surface level I felt like the season failed
>>
>>84191630
Yeah the major twist is when you know Varga's business was basically legal, he just didn't pay taxes (wich is not even a crime in my country)
>>
>>84189982
Sy's fate really depressed the shit out of me
>>
>>84190254
Nah you've gotta just be lean and neat, I see white guys wear that shit all the time.
>>
>>84190804
He didn't even have a similar name to Yuri, he just lived in the home Yuri lived in a few months prior.
>>
>>84191024
Wrench was an escaped convict, he probably wanted to fuck off with his money and lay low for a bit. Doesn't matter how long it takes as long as it gets done.
>>
>>84190978
What was the point of him dancing? Was he autistic?
>>
>>84191441
That was my only gripe. I'm not sure what thematically makes sense about Nikki's fate. The final scene was hight octane kino though.
>>
File: 13GTeM1.png (628KB, 464x595px) Image search: [Google]
13GTeM1.png
628KB, 464x595px
how does one lose a hand in a shooting spree
>>
>>84191572
The poison was meant to kill him. He likely experienced temporary brain death before they got him into a stable condition and he slipped into a coma. When he came out, he still had brain damage, not effecting his intellect, but his motor functions. It's possible that he could recover given another five years.
>>
>>84191929
Yeah but why?
>>
>>84191441
Nikki was only supposed to punish Varga & co.
By going after Emmet she was obviously overstepping her boundaries and destroying her supposed redemption, and she couldn't even recitate the phrase right. Even more when she had the idea to get rid of the innocent cop.
She fucked up, and her fate was coherent with what the wandering Jew predicted.
>>
>>84191985
She was invincible while going after the true evil - Varga. As soon as she focused on her personal revenge she ran out of luck. As soon as she tried to kill an innocent to get to her vendetta she died.
Makes sense.
>>
God damn do I hate endings that leave it up to the viewer's interpretation, it's almost as if they knew they couldn't make an ending without pissing someone off (Varga dying, Varga going to prison, Varga escaping forever) so they just decided to piss off everyone, good job
>>
>>84192165
>>84192168
I see. Then why follow through and go with Wrench's execution of Emmit?

>>84192351
It was a statement about Fargo itself. I'm a pleb and even I know that. The entire season was about storytelling. What you think happened at the end is supposed to say something about both the show and you. It was literally the perfect ending for a show about fake stories that opens with, "This is a true story" every episode.
>>
>>84192351
All they have is a blurry picture of him in an elevator, without even a gun. He's going free.
>>
>>84192449
Then why is he locked in the first place
>>
>>84192428
>Then why follow through and go with Wrench's execution of Emmit
wrench was denied revenge in s1. he gets it here.
>>
>>84189982
>>84191770

Sy was a cunt and deserved it.

He's been wormetoungueing Emmit's mind for years.

Without him, Emmit could've reconciled with Ray years ago, none of this would've happened.
>>
>>84192491
Because Gloria is naive and overstepping like she consistency did the entire show.
>>
File: 1491631476646.jpg (62KB, 671x665px) Image search: [Google]
1491631476646.jpg
62KB, 671x665px
>>84192003
>wasn't listening to beethoven as he died
>wasn't dancing
>>
>>84192682
*consistently.
>>
So in the end Gloria did nothing?
So much for her epiphany in the previous episode.
>>
>>84192775

She can help!
>>
>>84192775
She can help!
>>
>>84189539
Seriously. I even liked the long and drawn out S2 finale.
>>
>>84191752
His business might be quasi legal but he uses strong arm tactics to achieve his business goals. Plus he employs thugs and mercenaries to basically kill people. Unless Varga is literally the Devil himself his smug confidence is unwarranted. He's a criminal no matter how he positions himself as. Which makes the ending infuriating. Even if he thinks Gloria has little to hang him on he still should try to ask for an attorney. It just makes a "let's do this post-modern ending that has no basis in reality" for the underwhelming feels.
>>
>>84188785

>Roller door slowly opening in front of Varga
>Can obviously see someone's legs behind the doors
>Doesn't immediately call out that someone's there to ambush them.

I'm sure the crew would have had a greater advantage over Wrench if Varga gave them a heads up.
>>
>>84192104
It felt like the plot twist in the finale of Training Day or The Departed. He was getting his just deserts but when he least expected it.
>>
>>84191940

He was just cute.
>>
>>84193530
You honestly think that a "criminal" with people in positions of power protecting him is unrealistic?
>>
>>84193655
>He was getting his just deserts
He was just getting his deserts.
>>
>>84192003
watch the episode again
>>
>>84194119
>watch the episode again
nice, epic, thanks.

whats your explanation? 4 things i could think of but only 1 is likely
>>
File: VARGA.jpg (205KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
VARGA.jpg
205KB, 1920x1080px
>>84194039
>just getting dessert
>getting just desserts

that shot of the gelatin.. you bastards
>>
>>84192003
by being shot in the hand with a rifle
>>
>>84194119
>>84195382
i posted something stupid and then deleted it when i realized what he meant

re-watch the scene, guv
>>
I really do love the way they portrayed him as some sort of inhuman beast. In the first episode when he was introduced I thought they were going for a 'Rothschild Draconian Lizard' theme for the series and use him sparingly, but I'm glad they went the way they did with his character.

But the way his teeth look like mouldy rocks that gnash at food, the way he sheds his jacket in the elevator to escape. It's great.

And the bulimia. He rejects the mortal act of eating, and is only depicted as doing so in a sort of hedonist way.

He's unlike any other antagonist I've seen so far.
>>
>>84195574
There's definitely something animal, yet unnatural about him. Probably my favorite villain from the series.
>>
>>84192003
HOLD ME CLOSER
TINY DANCER
>>
>>84191940

Meemo is cute! Cute!
>>
File: vlcsnap-7853-04-12-17h19m03s022.jpg (292KB, 1920x960px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-7853-04-12-17h19m03s022.jpg
292KB, 1920x960px
>>84194119
>>84195422
>money suitcase was handcuffed to his hand
Man you people have eyes like eagles
>>
>>84194391

He was getting salad.
>>
>>84194391
is dat a safeway select jambalaya?
>>
>Thought this season was dogshit from the outset
>All the Noah fanboys cried when I pointed out how terrible the writing is
>Now that it's finished it's finally sinking in

I love when I am right.

Just look at the AMAZING writing, like how Emmits car breaks down then magically starts working again when the show needs him to leave. I also love how his mobile was at the scene (linking him to the murders) yet nothing happened.

Bravo Noah!
>>
File: fargo-season-3-nikki-wrench.jpg (309KB, 825x464px) Image search: [Google]
fargo-season-3-nikki-wrench.jpg
309KB, 825x464px
S02 > S01 > S03

But Fargo is still the best thing on tv, too bad this is the last season for the show.

Also, shame that Nikki and Mr.Wrench couldn’t have gone off together and lived happily ever after.
>>
>>84190804
2=1>movie>3
This, objectively.
The movie isn't that good. The series is where it's at.
>>
>>84196904
>The movie isn't that good
Kill yourself this instant.
>>
File: 1498078473595.png (4MB, 1597x1919px) Image search: [Google]
1498078473595.png
4MB, 1597x1919px
>>84188785
He knew exactly who he was , though.

What I didn't know was the shitty death MEW got.
>>
>>84192063
i don't think it was made to kill. i do believe varga did intend for him to slam on his head though.
>>
>>84197060
varga literally says dead friend to emmit
>>
>>84195574
Varga- is a swedish word that refers to something with wolf-like qualities (with varg meaning wolf). Like "vargavinter" which translates to a wolf's winter, and refers to an especially harsh one. Figure that's intentional with his prey references and Yuri's wolf mask.

Speaking of Yuri; what the hell happened to him?
>>
>>84188829
>>84189563
these guys were definetly more intimidating then the other atongonists, since we never really learned what they were about
>s1 malvo, a hitman/gangster with too much plot armor taking on the midwest mafia
>s2 gerharts, even they admit they are a small time crime family vs a bif mafia family
>s3, an international mafia? government spooks?
they werent run if the mill gangsters and their anonymity was a great aspect
>>
>>84197183
>Speaking of Yuri; what the hell happened to him?

Killed by the Magic Jew in the bowling alley, for something one of his ancestors did 100 years ago...
>>
>>84192003
wrench cut it off to get the suitcase of money, thats why he was covered in blood
>>
>>84196078
His cell phone was left there, but it was pretty clear that mew and the cop shot and killed each other. So maybe he was contacted by police, but it's not like he would've been charged with their murders.
>>
>>84195946
Yeah that actually was the salad. Jello Salad. It's a real thing.
>>
I wonder if MEW and Russell Harvard banged. They held hands in an instagram video for a second and also said they loved eachother lol.
>>
>>84189539
How so. It was apt Coen, ambiguous and vicious. Just like the theme of the entire season, whats truth?
>>
>>84191855
>>84191855
and they look like leprechaun nu male theater fag spergs. It won't work, mark my words.
>>
The ending for this felt empty as all hell. So empty.
>>
File: hanzee.jpg (43KB, 715x403px) Image search: [Google]
hanzee.jpg
43KB, 715x403px
this finale started so fucking strong and then just shit the bed hardcore

>gloria about to quit, then gearing up to go after varga
>emmit standing up to varga and finally realizing he's just a pawn, but too late
>nikki and wrench's set up
>emmit waking up and (seemingly) now going after varga
>thinking punished sy is going to appear
>mew's entire death scene

then
>you realize the god tier set up of ray wise in the bowling alley telling mew to give her message was all for literally nothing
yeah i'm aware "she was giving it to the wrong person" and that's why shit went south. it was a horrible writing decision to throw all that out the window just for "lol shit happens!"
>emmit doesnt do ANYTHING and his character has NO ARC AT ALL
>sy DOESNT DO ANYTHING
>gloria ends up not having a character arc AT ALL, she doesnt go beyond being the robot that keeps saying "i can help!" but never does, she never helps AT ALL
>wrench kills emmit, supposed to be some shocking conclusive twist that leaves the audience with a payoff, but we dont care about emmit at all after the 5 year time skip
>5 year time skip coupled with gloria not having any impact on the story at all takes all the weight out of what could have been the absolute best ending of the entire series

seriously, fuck this finale. so fucking close to sticking the landing and making this a contender for best season
>>
File: refg.gif (947KB, 618x305px) Image search: [Google]
refg.gif
947KB, 618x305px
>>84197941
>Sy doesn't do anything
kinda hard when youre paralysed and in a coma
>Gloria has no arc
she does, only slightly, concerned about helping, cant help with the cops, so she helps with DHS. The ambiguity you are feeling is progress going not straight---but all which ways, anywhere it wanted to go.

This show and a lot of Coen films has that "what the fuck was that about" haze that lingers over them, and that has been carried out onto this series, this season in particular. When you're living in an age where truth/fake real/imaginary, gods/no gods all seem to blur weave and intermingle with one another, its perfectly normal to be angry and confused.
>>
File: 1486962132092.jpg (1020KB, 822x1638px) Image search: [Google]
1486962132092.jpg
1020KB, 822x1638px
>>
>>84197696
actually what am I talking about he's probably gay
>>
File: 1466115091589.webm (3MB, 1920x720px) Image search: [Google]
1466115091589.webm
3MB, 1920x720px
>>84198145
>>
>emmits car breaks down
>emmits car starts with no problem ten minutes later

shitty writing
>>
>>84198111
>kinda hard when youre paralyzed and in a coma
i know, and it was awful. his whole character went nowhere. alternatively, write it so he woke up from the coma. whoa!
>she does, only slightly, concerned about helping, cant help with the cops, so she helps with DHS. The ambiguity you are feeling is progress going not straight---but all which ways, anywhere it wanted to go.
she was obviously being built up as the robot that couldnt do anything all season because she was invisible. but then she wasnt invisible, so she should have had a change in her character due to that, not five years after the fact. she also didnt help with the DHS, she just was given varga after they picked him up. the ending makes it so that she may very well have done nothing at all. and the point of the ending makes it so we will never know if she did.

my point is she had a character that was very well done the entire season that should have had a payoff in the finale and simply didn't, and for no good reason. hawley could have accomplished the exact same ending while still doing her much more justice

>This show and a lot of Coen films has that "what the fuck was that about" haze that lingers over them, ...
this is just a bullshit excuse people are using for this season because the previous two seasons and this one borrow from coen movies. season 2 was the best homage to the coens' movies, this one was like a high schooler tried to imitate them. not well executed at all. coen movies go to the "what the fuck just happened, what was that about" places with very specific intent to hit a theme home. this season tried to do that and failed. the final scene was the closest they got, and like i said, could have been great if the finale had built up to it correctly
>>
>>84190978
sorry but that looks really really fucking gay
>>
>>84197307
>for something one of his ancestors did 100 years ago...

That Yuri was proud of and reenacted at any opportunity.
>>
>>84197797

Like life.
>>
>>84197307
Movie figuratively starts with Yuri choking a bitch for talking too much

Hardly an innocent fellow
>>
>>84188785
Was Fargo even mentioned this season?
>>
The ending was literally a complete rip off of Lord of War. Schlock.
>>
File: fargoo.jpg (28KB, 1065x600px) Image search: [Google]
fargoo.jpg
28KB, 1065x600px
>>84188785

>Vargas gets cornered
>turns into a fucking Force ghost to escape

A middle aged bulimic man scaled an elevator shaft and escaped unseen before his elevator went down 20 feet and then Wrench and MEW were just like "Whatever." and left despite the fact he had no means to escape them.
>>
>>84199400
V.M. stood for "Vaporizing Man" this whole time.
>>
>>84199529
vanishing man you grade A dunce
>>
>>84199378
Thinking the same, fàm.
>>
So Gloria was basically the robot the entire time? She wanted to help and tried to help every step of the way but no one paid her any attention. And not even machine-operated sensors could detect her presence.
>>
will there be a season 4?
>>
>>84199400

>Varga survived the entire season without a scratch on him
>Varga is literally untouchable

Bravo Hawley.
>>
>>84199400
yeah this was such bullshit. they killed all his henchmen then lost him somehow?
>>
>>84199551
that was the joke although in hindsight I really did just sound like a fuckin dumbass

>>84199742
Hawley said he's not done with Fargo but he won't be writing another season for 3/4 years.
>>
>>84199903
>hawley said ...
source? that's a damn shame, it shouldnt take him that long to shit out a good script
>>
>>84198443
Accurate for a BMW
>>
File: Gloriaburgle.png (465KB, 444x561px) Image search: [Google]
Gloriaburgle.png
465KB, 444x561px
>>84199669
>blackman_from_the_wire_realizing_things
>>
>>84198443
>>>84198111
MEW installed a kill switch. She went to his house before he left, hence why he woke up with the stamp on his head.

Jesus do you people even watch the show.
>>
>>84200092

So you're saying she didn't bother killing him when she was already at his house?
>>
>>84194039
>>84194391
H U N T L E Y
>>
>>84200154
Hard to deliver a message when he is unconscious isn't it?
>>
>>84189982
Sy deserved worse, the guy acted like an ass and played tough until people pushed back. Emmit on the other hand just kept rolling into shitty circumstances and just wanted off the ride.
>>
Call me a pleb but I think this finale would have been much better if instead of cutting away to varga going down the elevator we saw an action scene shoot out to he soundtrack of a classic pop song on meemo's iPod.
>>
>>84192680
>t. Ray
>>
>>84200092
>>84200154
so youre saying she drove first to ray's house, got the stamp, drove to emmit's house (knowing he'd be there, be alone, and be unconscious), put the stamp on him, installed a kill switch in his car, left (knowing when he woke up, if he did, that he'd get in his car and drive somewhere), waited for him to drive off, waited a long fucking time, then drove in the same direction until his car broke down so she could ambush him with a shotgun in the middle of a road where anyone could see their confrontation?

are you stupid?
>>
>>84191940
I think it was the Noah cucking us, they set him up to be some autistic badass but in the end he just gets slaughtered with the rest of the goons. I honestly thought it was in the realm of possibility for him to take out a katana or some shit and make me cringe out of my seat.
This entire season seems like Noah cucking the viewers with people set up to succeed and proceed to get killed.
>>
>>84200351
>Cucking
>Autistic
>Cringe
>Cucking

Shit post with a shit opinion

>>>/Reddit/
>>
>>84192680
The guy's idea of being badass is just pointing at you man, how can you dislike a person like that
>>
>>84200333
The stamp was at Emmits house, remember he took it back with him after Ray died.

I don't know why she did it, I just think it is the obvious answer. How did she know she would be able to put a fake mustache on him or cover his office in stamps?

Maybe she was in a time crunch to try and get varga and couldn't wait for him to wake up.

I'm not saying her plan made sense. I'm just saying it is the most logical answer given the circumstances.
>>
>>84199942
He's working on so many things right now that if he made another Fargo within the next year there is no way it'd be good. Fargo takes a lot to write. The biggest reason I think this Season wasn't as good is because he made it at the same time as Legion
>>
>>84192680
Varga would have showed up regardless. It is just that the police caught on because of Ray and Mew.
>>
>>84200333
My theory is Emmit did it to himself. Some sort of manifestation of his guilt.

Note that after memo knocks him out he falls over on to his stomach, and when he comes to with the stamp on his head, he's on his back.

Do you really think MEW would be able to sneak past Varga's men for the sole purpose of putting a fake mustache on him? And how would she even begin with redecorating his office?
>>
>>84200409
varga was the one that did all those things to emmit. this finale revealed that. he wanted him on edge to keep him under his thumb
>youre saying he wanted him on edge enough to go to the police?!?!
he already had a plan for anything emmit could say, evidenced by what he did when he confessed to ray's murder
>>
>>84192680
>Without him, Emmit could've reconciled with Ray years ago

really? he certainly seemed bitter and resentful enough to keep the feud going even without Sy
>>
Really like how the Narrative characters
>Varga, Nikki, Emmit, and Moe
are the driving forces of the plot. they make the most relevant decisions.
The Truth characters
>Ray, Gloria, and Sy
Are all just along for the ride and sidelines, much like the truth to the narrative. (Tough I think they followed it too closely with Gloria to a fault. She should have been played more like Tommy Lee Jones in No Country For Old Men, less screentime than she had)
I also like how Emmit is initially portrayed as a Truth character while Ray is portrayed as the Narrative for the most the show
>>
>>84200522
>ray
>sy
>truth
what show were you watching?
>>
File: wat.png (904KB, 1115x781px) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
904KB, 1115x781px
>>84198443
Where did the blood go?
>>
>>84200596
How are they not truth? Ray knew the truth about the stamp, Sy knew the truth about what Varga was doing with Emmit
>>
>that look meemo gives when the elevator is closing
>>
>>84200397
>reddit pacing
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>84200688
>truth about the stamp
for someone who tried to play the "man this season was deep" card, you really didnt get it at all did you? gloria literally shouts it in your face. "sometimes the world is not what you think," plus the whole truth/story. ray and emmit both had their stories of what the truth was, their own narratives of what really happened, and their inability to see that or the truth is what led to all this shit

and sy didnt know shit about what varga was doing to emmit, just that it was bad. he also didnt know shit about goldfarb being another head of the varga hydra. he also kept trying to change the truth about ray for emmit, that being that ray and emmit should reconcile because they really still care about each other, by trying to convince emmit that ray was an evil leech that should be destroyed
>>
File: doyoufeelincharge.jpg (120KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
doyoufeelincharge.jpg
120KB, 1920x1080px
>>84200738

>This can't be happening! I'm in charge here!
>>
>>84200490
Where in the finale did it establish that?

IF that is the case, why show a phone call between Meemo and Varga talking about him getting the mustache?
>>
>>84200792
>ray and emmit both had their stories of what the truth was
Emmit admits he played his brother in Episode 9. Ray didn't create a narrative, Emmit did.
Sy on the other hand you are right. I was pretty conflicted on what he was. I maintain that he is Truth, but he started out on Narrative. After the balls in the cup thing, Sy changes. Atleast that's how I remember it.
>>
>>84199942
http://deadline.com/2017/06/fargo-season-3-finale-spoilers-noah-hawley-future-shows-1202117731/
>>
>>84200892
sy only changes from trying to be emmits "muscle" to realizing he's totally outclassed, and from being emmits friend and confidant to being shut out and abandoned and confused. he has no arc other than that

youre partially right about emmit creating the narrative though, i had forgotten he admitted it. i still don't think it's as clear cut as moving the characters into those easy categories, except for gloria and varga, who are obviously truth and narrative, respectively.
>>
>>84200522
who is moe?
>>
>>84200989
>i still don't think it's as clear cut as moving the characters into those easy categories, except for gloria and varga, who are obviously truth and narrative, respectively
I don't think its necessarily clear cut, just thought that you could put the characters into the two categories.
>>
>>84201017
The New Police Chief
>>
File: biggy.jpg (145KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
biggy.jpg
145KB, 1600x900px
>>84200288
They saved money by not doing that. That could have been cool. A lot of decisions come down to budget at the end of the day. Plus, the story was about the lackeys on the higher floors. It was about Varga and Swango.
>>
>>84200408
Exactly, they were all like a bunch of children fighting on the playground till a real threat came along and raised the stakes. Sys idea of being unleased just meant offering them even MORE money...
>>
>>84201065
*wasn't about the lackeys
>>
>>84188785
Beginning of the season I assumed that Ray was good and the main protag, and Emmit was bad. I didn't know Varga was gonna be anything like that, just a business friend
>>
>>84188785
Whoa, David Thewlis is in this?
Is he in it a lot?
>>
>>84201283
Neither Ray nor Emmit were good men at the end of the day. Ray was perhaps the more honest of the two, he was right about Emmit manipulating him but his petulant attitude lead us to believe he was bullshitting.
>>84201325
Yes, and he's absolutely the best antagonist the series has had. Stellar performance. Guy's gotta get some accolades for this. Don't want this show snubbed again like Dunst was last season by Lady fucking Gaga.
>>
>>84201325
He is in every or almost every episode, he's the main villain
>>
>>84201398
Dunst was beat by Lady Gaga in American Horror Story?
What the fuck she was fantastic in S2
>>
>>84197696
link to said instagram video?
>>
>>84201065
I still would've liked to have seen Meemo get lit up onscreen after all the shit he was getting away with
>>
>>84201485
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVPqpnZlc8H/?taken-by=mewins&hl=en

It's pretty innocent lol
>>
>>84201491
Yeah, he was a smug little fucker. I really wanted to see Varga get humiliated and taken out hard. But, that's how life often works. The biggest dirtbags often just brush themselves off, and walk away.
>>
>>84199942
>it shouldnt take him that long to shit out a good script
What, you mean like this one?
>>
File: image.jpg (10KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10KB, 443x332px
>>84190188
I used to think Yuri was disgusting but he's very handsome irl
>>
>>84190581
framing device like in A Serious Man
>>
>>84191147
>someone who believes Schrodinger's Cat is literal
>calling anyone else dense
Schrodinger's Cat is a thought experiment, it isn't real. The cat is always one or the other. "It's both alive and dead" is just saying "I don't know" in a slightly more clever way. Coincidentally, the answer to a lot of this season's sensible questions is also "I don't know" because this season was a pretty amazing waste of anyone's time. Only a few minutes of the ten hours are good.
And episode 8 had me thinking for a minute that it was about to FINALLY turn itself around.
>>
>>84190978
season one me would have loved this detail but by this season I think this random Fargo quirckiness got old fast. What I did like was his encounter with the accounts guy.
>>
>dude everyone dies lmao

saw it coming a mile away

though I don't really get tooinvested in endings because the enjoyment of a show always comes from actually watching the mid parts of the season, this was especially pretty bad
>>
>>84191572
>what kind of poison permanently paralyzes you?
HOLY SHIT LOL
>>
>>84192104
when she gave him the money she explicitly said she only cares about the brother

when he discovered she was dead wrench probably checked on the bro

not defending it as writing, but you still need to surmise
>>
>>84192351
>Season is about opposite truths and ambiguity
>get mad when you get an ambiguous ending
stay pleb
>>
>>84196671
If I wanted a coat like Wrench's, what would I be searching for?
>>
>>84193999
reverse satan is right, of course
>>
>>84194364
he was handcuffed to the fucking suitcase you retard
>>
>>84203291
>>
File: goran_bogdan-1.jpg (92KB, 720x878px) Image search: [Google]
goran_bogdan-1.jpg
92KB, 720x878px
>>84202986
he is cute. Cute!
>>
Is asking about what happened with Yuri some kind of epic memey? Are people this retarded?
>>
>>84203254
"fringe coat mens" should do
>>
>>84196078
>what is a kill switch
>>
File: 915433659.png (821KB, 1270x671px) Image search: [Google]
915433659.png
821KB, 1270x671px
>>84203353
Glad other anons appreciate him too
>>
>>84200351
yeah closet kung fu samurai often allow their guns to be taken from them by parking lot magnates
>>
>>84200333
>>84200154
>killing a guy in his house and leaving a perfect crime scene for CSI to get you
>not stopping his car in the middle of nowhere and killing him there
>>
>>84201942
I didn't know the guy was actually deaf. That was weirdly cute in a way. Mr. Wrench is pure.
>>
>>84203481
I'm not gay... but god damn
>>
was i naive in thinking MEW and her camo tights were gonna make?
when the cop showed up, i knew noah made a lifelong enemy in me
>>
>>84200792
>thinking anyone here thinks this season was deep
you sure are insecure
>>
>>84203596
Yes. Everyone dies in Fargo except the police
>>
>>84203596
>liking MEW's character just because her actress is your waifu

I'm glad they actually killed her off. Any other show would've made her the untouchable badass womyn who don't need no man
>>
Wow, do people really not like this season? Easily the best one yet, especially after how underwhelming season 2 was
>>
>>84203651
b-but i thought she had that jew god's blessing? what sick game was this then?
>>
WHAS THE MATTER BUDDY

YOU DRANK FROM THE HOLY CUP
>>
>>84203693
She was supposed to kill Varga, she fucked up by going after Emmitt
>>
>>84197027
YELLOWED
>>
File: Screenshot 2017-06-22 23.40.43.png (49KB, 229x212px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2017-06-22 23.40.43.png
49KB, 229x212px
>>84203709
>tfw Sy not being a good boy
>tfw MEW didn't like your Russia facts
>>
>>84203717
she knew all about Varga but she chose Emmitt instead because she only cared about Ray and Varga had almost nothing to do with Ray getting killed
>>
>>84203828
Yeah, that was her mistake. Ray Wise wanted her to go after evil (Varga).
>>
>>84203828
Yes. However that wasn't what she was supposed to do. She was protected so she could deliver the message she could deliver. She went for the wrong guy and couldn't deliver the message right. Then she tried to kill a cop
>>
Maybe I'm just dumb and forgetful but female revenge story arcs where the desire for revenge is purely "You killed my man" aren't too common, are they? Usually "badass" female characters are driven by power or greed or justice or something, but you see male characters avenging their dead waifus all the time. It's kinda nice that Ray's value to Nikki was purely that she loves and misses him.
>>
is legion good

I like hawley's fargo would legion be worth a watch?
>>
>>84198869
You think Varga, kept him around because of his social skills?
He was probably tapping that.
>>
>>84204341
Legion is better than S2 and 3 of Fargo.
>>
>>84199885
>they killed all his henchmen then lost him somehow
How was this massacre justified anyway? They're just doing their job, yet Swango has no problem mowing them down?
>>
Poor Emmit.
>>
File: 1478964630863.jpg (129KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1478964630863.jpg
129KB, 500x667px
No lie, i wanted conartist girl and deaf guy to live happily ever after
>>
>>84203162
what did he mean by this
>>
>>84192351
>leave it up to the viewer's interpretation

How?

Unless someone is shown dying, they re-appear.
>>
>>84189982
They flew too close to the sun,at least Emmit did. His eyes sparkled when Varga promised him billions.
>>
File: goran1.jpg (54KB, 680x403px) Image search: [Google]
goran1.jpg
54KB, 680x403px
>>84202986
He is a sex symbol in his home country.

>sit in a caffe
>he walks by
>literally all the women turn to look at him and most of them take pictures
>he just continues walking to his bmw and drives away
>girls comment how gorgeous he is

I mean it helps that he is an actor.
>>
File: uSDUx8K.jpg (73KB, 1917x951px) Image search: [Google]
uSDUx8K.jpg
73KB, 1917x951px
They just HAD to sneak in an anti trump message did they?
>>
>>84209860
I am glad that they cut "6 fuck white people". That would be pushing it.
>>
>>84196671
>But Fargo is still the best thing on tv
This year we have had The Leftovers and Twin Peaks, how can you even say this?
>>
>>84189539
Each time shift presented a new outlook.

I quite enjoyed it up to the first time shift. Then it got worse, but still interesting. The last time shift completely killed it though.
>>
File: S01 Malvo.jpg (489KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
S01 Malvo.jpg
489KB, 1366x768px
>>84201065
>Plus, the story was about the lackeys on the higher floors. It was about Varga and Swango.

And it referenced S01, when Malvo marched thru that office building killing everybody inside, which occurred "off screen" while the cops sat there oblivious to what was happening.
>>
>>84210552
Explain? I thought there was only one time shift
>>
File: Fargo.S03E05.00-04-33.jpg (759KB, 1920x952px) Image search: [Google]
Fargo.S03E05.00-04-33.jpg
759KB, 1920x952px
>>
Best ending would be:
MEW and Wrench dead, Varga walking free, Emmit being arrested and Sy taoing over Stussys business.
>>
we used to be gorillas
>>
>>84211631
most of people are praising that scene but I hated it and the cheap CGI windows.
>>
>>84202986
What happened to Yuri?
>>
There's a line you don't want to cross. The first two seasons rode the line and it paid off in the end. This season stepped over the line of nihilism and pointlessness all the way until the final shot. There's only so much pseudo-artsy bullshit nothing you can fill a show with until it becomes literally nothing. I appreciate the attempt of truth vs narrative as a theme and the opening and final shots of the show being blunt examples but the theme itself turns out to be much more frustrating in practice. Oh he always gets away. Oh she's always late to the scene. Oh the only one redeemed is the only one who managed to not participate at all, though not without lack of trying.
>>
>>84213457
bled out in the woods (didn't get a chance at redemption bc he killed his gf and praised his ancestor's murders)
>>
someone post some mew feet from this season
she had some great sole shots
>>
Varga died?
>>
>>84194391
i have that same cheese
>>
>>84195941
good catch nigga
>>
File: 2757.jpg (280KB, 1920x1153px) Image search: [Google]
2757.jpg
280KB, 1920x1153px
>>84196671
You sure no more seasons? If true... very sad. I always look forward to this. now no more fargo and no more TD
>>
>>84191572
>>84192063
what are you talking about? He was good as new
>>
>>84192586
I'm not sure that fits, really. If Emmit was meant to be spared to the point of divine intervention taking away Nikki's Jew protection, and Wrench was given a chance for redemption, then it stands to reason that Emmit getting murdered, and murdered by Wrench no less, feels at odds with what they were going for. Fuck me, that's a run-on sentence. Should there be a semicolon in there somewhere?
>>
>>84198368
I prefer left.
>>
>>84208185
really?
>>
>>84203693
if she went after varga (true evil) she would have been able to deliver the speech and kill him

by giving the speech to emmitt (an average man caught up in a shitty situation), the speech caused a delay which got her killed
>>
>>84214883
He's not sure. FX said that there will only be another season if Noah has a good idea for one.

In other words, they don't want to force him to make a season 4, but if he has an idea that he's excited about he'll get the green light.
>>
File: what.jpg (90KB, 820x857px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
90KB, 820x857px
I don't get it

so what was her story about?
she didn't accomplish nothing
>>
>>84216418
thats the point. she was just a smalltown criminal
>>
File: 1337971548430207.png (10KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1337971548430207.png
10KB, 400x388px
BCS finished, Fargo finished.

feels bad man
the threads were so comfy
>>
>>84196078
>Emmits car breaks down then magically starts working again

Mate, there was a fucking UFO last season.
>>
So the current status of bad guys:

Alive:
>Mike
>Mr. Wrench
>Varga

Probably dead:
>Lester
>Yuri
>Hanzee

Certainly dead:
>Malvo
>Mr. Numbers
>entire Gerhardt family
>Meemo
>>
>>84217185
>Lester
>Hanzee
Certainly dead. What? Yuri is the only one that fits there
>>
>>84217185
meemo might live

they didn't cover him up like a dead body
>>
>>84216926
We still have Twin Peaks for the moment
After that, I don't know what sort of great shows there will be to watch and discuss. I don't see anything particularly thrilling coming up

>>84217257
he was shot in the upper right chest area, if that didn't pierce his heart it probably got his lungs. Not to mention that he got his hand cut off.
Dat nigga is dead, they just didn't cover him up so the viewer could see that he bit the dust
>>
>>84216418
dude spoilers
>>
File: toomuch.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
toomuch.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>ambiguous ending
FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU
>>
File: thinking-face.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thinking-face.png
53KB, 256x256px
>>84217185
>wrench
>bad guy
>>
>>84189539
Getting sick of this new trend of television where the showrunner completely switches up the pace of a new season and makes it slow as fuck, uninteresting and evasive all for the sake of superficial subtext
>>
>>84217872
Its an anthology. Each season is different then the last, not the same with a different coat of paint
>>
>>84217863
Just because a bad guy kills other bad guys, it doesn't make him a good guy.
>>
>>84217863
well hes not a good guy
>>
anyone have a webm or yt link of the moment the elevator closed?
>>
Season 1 > 3 > 2

Only low IQ brainlets could possibly find S2 better than the others.
>>
>>84217902
Not an excuse
>>
>>84216418
She started the whole stamp feud and brought down Varga's operation. She wasn't a good person.
>>
>>84217185
Mike was most likely killed by Hanzee between seasons 1 and 2. Not certainly dead, but probably. Lester is absolutely unquestionably dead. Charlie Gerhardt is alive.
>>
>>84217872

Stick to Counter Strike, retard.
>>
Worst fucking season ever

1 > Movie > 2 > 3
>>
File: laugh at the idiot.jpg (69KB, 340x371px) Image search: [Google]
laugh at the idiot.jpg
69KB, 340x371px
>there are unironically people who say Season 1 was the best
>>
>>84217982
Yes it is. You don't judge a show on how exciting it is
>>
>>84217464
I don't like Twin Peaks
>>
>>84217185

>Mike
>bad guy

Kek. Mike was a bro.
>>
>>84218176
Season 2 is the best, but I like S1 better
S2>S1>S3
Season 3 is the weakest and feels the most empty. Didn't have any really tense moments and the writing was the sloppiest. And it followed the theme of Truth vs Narrative to a fault.
>>
>>84218176

Someone too stupid to appreciate S1 likes Le Ebin Witch Tranny comic. Of course.
>>
>>84218233
>implying anyone uses reaction images with context anymore, on /tv/ of all places
Go away grandpa
>>
>>84218185
I never said that though.

>>84218069
t. pseud
>>
>>84215301
Yeah, but that's the aura he sends. He is tallish, relatively good looking, dated a lot of singers and actresses and is on tv all the time because he stars on many commercials. Add to that, croatian press is praising him for becoming famous ina america lol
>>
File: turd dunkin.jpg (55KB, 566x424px) Image search: [Google]
turd dunkin.jpg
55KB, 566x424px
>>84195878
that was fucking funny as fuck anon!
>>
File: -.png (1MB, 1187x885px) Image search: [Google]
-.png
1MB, 1187x885px
seeing David Thewlis with normal teeth is actually jarring now.
>>
>>84218427
top kek
Thread posts: 264
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.