[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to watch this. Are the snarky inner monologue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: the-handmaids-tale.jpg (82KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
the-handmaids-tale.jpg
82KB, 1000x600px
I'm trying to watch this. Are the snarky inner monologue voiceovers going to be a thing throughout the series? I'm beginning to suspect that a woman wrote this.
>>
>>84184959
>Are the snarky inner monologue voiceovers going to be a thing throughout the series?
yes they are and how else are women supposed to rebel and claim a little piece of freedom in the face of the patriarchy that brutally objectifies them?
>>
Why does the Christian theocracy behave like a Muslim one?
>>
>>84185041
>Jews hate Christianity more than anything else
>Jews run Hollywood
How is this even a question?
>>
What episodes are the rape scenes in? That's all I wanna watch it for anyway.
>>
>>84185111
>Jews hate Christians
>Despite Christians being the ones who put up with their shit
>AND muslims are the ones that openly hate them
What's their problem?
>>
>>84185041

Because if they actually called it a muslim theocracy, then it wouldn't really be a fiction novel would it?

It's better to write fiction stories using fantasy type elements, such as Christians deciding to suspend the very constitution that they created.
>>
>>84185111
>Thinking Hollywood wrote The Handmaid's Tale
Wew
>>
Explicit inner monologues are THE tell-tale sign of a bad writer. Stephanie Meyer does it a lot too. It's a cheap trick that bad writers employ because they're not capable of showing instead of telling.
>>
>>84185235
The Handmaid's Tale got picked up because it fit Hollywood's narrative. Then Hollywood gave them notes on the script to make it fit the narrative even more.
>>
>>84185549
That doesn't answer the question though, unless you think Atwood wrote it that way because she thought it would make Hollywood adapt her book. Just admit that you didn't know it was a book.
>>
>>84185041
Because it's based on the Iranian Revolution introducing Muslim faith to a country by force
>>
>>84185304
It work sometimes in noir style shows
>>
>>84186047
*did. it's hacky shit now.
>>
>>84185111
That's funny because Christians fucking love jews and israel
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.