[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, was this the best sci-fi thriller

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8

File: Person-of-Interest.jpg (84KB, 1368x506px) Image search: [Google]
Person-of-Interest.jpg
84KB, 1368x506px
Now that the dust has settled, was this the best sci-fi thriller show ever?

Also, one year anniversary of the finale tonight.
>>
>>84163333
Yes, yes it was. It's just a shame that most people have no idea it exists, or if they do, they have no idea what it was really about. To most, it was just another CSI/NCIS clone, and I blame CBS for that. That's exactly what it was marketed as, and the image stuck.

But you and I OP, we know better. We know it was one of the greatest cyberpunk stories ever told.
>>
File: POI.jpg (72KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
POI.jpg
72KB, 750x750px
Also, PoI meant something to me, so that means it never really died, right, /tv/?

...Right? ;_;
>>
>>84163333
It was a shame how they were shit on by CBS. That being said, they went out on top.
>>
>>84163993
PoI aired at the peak of "prestige" TV and happened to be on the other side of the was-it-kino discussion (CBS, procedural-driven, cops vs robbers, superhero-like main character, lots of explosions). It was a foregone conclusion that it wasn't going to get any critical attention, and yet it had some of the most poignant storytelling, crisp writing, and engaging characters on the small screen. This show was a true sleeper and I think people in the future will say to themselves "how did I miss this all this time?"
>>
>>84164703
>PoI aired at the peak of "prestige" TV and happened to be on the other side of the was-it-kino discussion
This is a big part of the problem, I think. 20 years ago, a show like PoI would have been a massive hit, no matter what network it was on. Look at shows like the X-Files, which blended procedural and serialized storytelling together a lot like Person of Interest did, it's to this day a hugely popular show, despite airing on Fox. The show is a household name, and most people love it. But now we live in an age where 'procedural' is a dirty word, and if a show isn't on HBO, AMC, Showtime or one of those channels, people won't give it the time of day.

I mostly blame underage shitters who grew up in the age of CSI, who are too young to remember just how good network tv can be, with the right writers.
>>
File: root noir.jpg (135KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
root noir.jpg
135KB, 640x640px
Because this is a Person of Interest thread, posting a complimentary Root
>>
>>84164197
/pol/ means alot to all of us anon
>>
>>84165750
I don't think I've ever seen a show that I enjoyed as much as this one. That includes the Sopranos.
>>
>>84164197
It is being rewatched. My room hosts a secret streaming site — a machine — that plays all episodes every hour of every day. I know because I built it. I designed the machine to screen the 5 seasons of Person of Interest but it plays all extra features. Kino involving extraordinary characters, characters like John Reese. Kino CBS eventually considered "irrelevant." They wouldn't re-air it, so I decided I would. But I needed a partner, someone with an image folder full of root in sexy costume to Ackerpost. Hunted by plebs, we rewatch it in secret. They'll never find us, but from 'Pilot' to 'return 0', if an episode's number is up we'll be streaming it to *you*
>>
File: tfw ywn marry root.png (771KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tfw ywn marry root.png
771KB, 1280x720px
>>84166135
kek, nicely done anon. Although believe it or not I dont have all that much Root in my folder. Its mostly a general Amy folder. Some other anons have a lot more quality Roots to post.
>>
File: Aww yeah Fusco got the yellow.jpg (225KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Aww yeah Fusco got the yellow.jpg
225KB, 1920x1080px
>>84163333
I'm still salty that Root ended up with Shaw.
They were building a relation between Fusco and Shaw when suddenly a wilde lesbian relationship appears.

Took way too long for him to get his yellow.
>>
>>84166401
They were building a relationship between Fusco and Shaw, but it wasn't a romantic one. It was more that both of them were used most often as the comic relief characters, and they used that to springboard into more honest character development for Shaw, things like saving Fuscos son, Fusco bonding with her over Persian New Year, shit like that. There was never any hint of a romantic angle to it. Just that they were starting to respect eachother.
>>
File: reese 2.jpg (52KB, 564x846px) Image search: [Google]
reese 2.jpg
52KB, 564x846px
Besides that one fella, has anybody else started rewatching it, now that it's the 1 year anniversary of it ending? I'm like 7 episodes in and I forgot how cool Reese was in the earlier seasons. I mean he's cool during its entire run, but watching it from the start again, I realize how in the first two seasons or so, he's basically a superhero. And I think he's my favorite superhero.
>>
Did root and shaw actually fug or was it all simulations, I dont remember
>>
File: Root and Shaw.png (823KB, 1280x719px) Image search: [Google]
Root and Shaw.png
823KB, 1280x719px
>>84166874
It's implied (kinda strongly) that they might have fooled around once or twice, but it's still fairly ambiguous. But besides the simulations in season 5, they probably never had time to actually get it on
>>
>>84166843
will Caviezel ever get any new gigs or do the jews still hate him?
>>
>>84167066
He was offered a role in that new Navy SEALS show on CBS or some place like that, but I think he turned it down, and they gave it to David Boreanaz, AKA Angel instead.

I think his problem is less the jews and more that he's really selective about what roles he takes
>>
File: ClhfbzEXIAEqy9B.jpg (132KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
ClhfbzEXIAEqy9B.jpg
132KB, 1000x750px
It didn't pretend to be anything other than good television through good storytelling (something the premium channels seem to steer away from more and more). The show was conspicuous and unpatronizing: it didn't try to wrap itself in empty imagery or to style itself as some kind of expository high-brow "kino" that would have been best served through some other audio-visual medium. Person of Interest made the best use of relevant 21st-century subjects to deliver a satisfyingly well-written story that suited the small screen perfectly.

The casting was also on-point; the main roles really fitted each actor's strength well. And the OST was just superb throughout the series. I'll be rewatching avidly.
>>
>>84167583
God damn I think you just described what's wrong with modern "prestige" television better than I ever could. And I'm sad to say, as much as I love Nolan for what he did with Person of Interest, Westworld was, in my eyes, everything wrong with prestige TV. It just felt so dry and lifeless, like it was trying so hard to be incredibly deep and profound and intelligent, all of which Person of Interest actually was, only it never felt tryhard about it.

Weirdly enough, I think working under the constraints of CBS probably helped PoI. Not to get too nerdy with the analogy here but it's like the Machine, crippling it is what made it work, I think.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.