[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long until studios stop advertising in America and full on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: 2352366.jpg (112KB, 647x391px) Image search: [Google]
2352366.jpg
112KB, 647x391px
How long until studios stop advertising in America and full on go for the foreign market?
>>
Pretty soon Bay is just gonna say fuck it and hire only Chinese actors and VAs and there will be optional English subs
>>
Why not go back to making mid range films so you don't need to make 100 billion in the first weekend to break even ?
>>
>>84155614
this
>>
File: bay.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
bay.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>tfw 5 day opening expected to barely pass the opening day of Revenge of the Fallen.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (57KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
57KB, 1920x1080px
>>84155371
>forced nigger pandering will be replaced with forced chink pandering in your lifetime
>>
>>84155614
this. all of the best movies were made in that mid range budget space.
>>
>>84155428

I don't know how the chinese havn't done this on their own

Make their own massive blockbusters for world audiences

they already have a foot in the door with jackie chan
>>
>>84155371
Oh God this could free up Bay to find a newer, vastly less shitty classic franchise to start raping next
>>
>>84155371
>$15m in one day is a bad thing now
Far we have strayed from the sight of God. For fuck's sake this is getting really stupid.
Spend too much on a stupid movie > make a massive loss > wonder where you went wrong > don't learn anything, repeat.
It's always the same story
>>
Should have released it on the 4th of July when summer really kicks into gear
>>
So it only took a gorillion Transformers movies for americans to finally get sick of them. I thought this shit would go on forever
>>
>>84157156
It's not even the movie that kills the budget, it's the advertising.
>>
>>84155371
Return of Xander Cage made like 90% of its prophet from foreign market and China. The entire movie was a giant China cock tease.
>>
>>84157551
Same for video games; they spend millions on marketing then wonder why they can't make the money back via sales. But they keep doing it so what do I know, maybe they're right
>>
Good riddance. They were just starting a cinematic universe with the Bumblebee spin off too.

Wait China and Russia will give this thing a billion.
>>
i enjoy the transformers movies.
>>
File: tumblr_nkmkvmHrVG1u9wmsvo6_1280.jpg (106KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkmkvmHrVG1u9wmsvo6_1280.jpg
106KB, 1280x720px
>tfw Bay gets fired or leaves and Transformers FINALLY becomes a fun sci-fi adventure movie series

I always say Spielberg should have directed the first one himself. Things would be so different now if that were the case.
>>
>>84157948
>cinematic universe
Everything is a fucking cinematic universe these days. I'm waiting for the all-encompassing Disney universe that has Simba, Aladdin and Belle on a quest against some new evil they can make plushies of
>>
>>84155428
Bay has already said this is the last Transformers film he'll have any part of. He says he's absolutely sick of them.
>>
Any executives reading this. Go fall on a knife you shit fucks.
>>
They're going to have to. Movie budgets are so inflated now that they rely on absolute domination in both markets to recoup. It's like double booking on an airplane. Kind of.
>>
>>84158452
>Go fall on a knife you shit fucks.

but were to find a little knife pod
>>
>>84155614
People don't go to the cinema for mid range movies anymore, if it doesn't look like it has a lot of expensive cgi they'll "catch it on netflix".
>>
>>84155872
context?
>>
>>84158589

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch9hWO4UYYk
>>
>>84155428
Lets also state that China now has top tier special effects.
>>
I think they will never stop advertising here because it still gives some money. But China will definitely become the focus of moviemakers. They are just more and more people.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.