[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So.. I rewatched this for the 3rd time yesterday and without

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: p85808_d_v8_aa.jpg (407KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p85808_d_v8_aa.jpg
407KB, 960x1440px
So.. I rewatched this for the 3rd time yesterday and without doubt it's the greatest film I've ever seen in my life. It's visual poetry imo. It's classed as "horror" but it's actually a poignant tale about a father watching his daughter suffer a mental breakdown due to her Sister and Mothers' death.

Please, are there ANY other films like this? i.e films that appear to be one thing then pull the rug from under your feet and leave you laying on your back with an open jaw?

Also... Korean Kino thread I guess..

(I also rewatched The Handmaiden and it's still a 10/10, great fucking movie.)
>>
>>84128626
Weeb you need to start watching real American kino like Sharknado
>>
>>84128674
I know bro. I'm a pretentious cunt that can only watch a movie if it's deep, meaningful and touching.

I tried to watch Transformers once.. it didn't go well.
>>
>>84128626
Wasn't the twist that she and her stepmother were having the same period or something?
>>
>>84128786
The Stepmother was never there. The eldest girl (Su-Mi) blamed the Stepmother for her mother/sisters' death and had invented the whole scenario. SHE was the Stepmother in the movie, until the final scenes when the real Stepmother shows up. The only people in the house the whole time were her and her father.

Poor guy.
>>
>>84128893
It's starting to come back to me. Didn't the real stepmom end up being really nice and not abusive like the girl imagined and the girl got sent to an asylum in the end?
>>
>>84128626
>Korean Kino

The Chaser.
>>
>>84129157
The real Stepmom saw the younger sister stuck under the closet and left her to die because she was angry at Su-Mi. The Stepmom was the Mothers nurse, it's not even clear whether the Father and Stepmom were ever a thing. It may have just been Su-Mi being paranoid thinking she was trying to replace her real Mom.

Su-Mi was in a mental hospital at the start of the movie, she gets released, goes home, goes mental, and gets put back in the hospital at the end.

The first time I watched it it took me a week thinking about it to actually realise what the situation was.
Even now I still wonder.. was there ever even a ghost? Or was the ghost just the Stepmom being haunted by the events that had taken place? At the end the real Stepmom sees a ghost, but was it a ghost or just her conscience?

The Aunty that visited said she saw a little girl under the sink, so maybe there was a ghost. But it makes you think...

Damn I fucking love this movie.
>>
how about the sexy bikini sister in the american remake?
>>
>>84129547
I can't watch the remake. It'll be an insult to the original. I saw a short vid of the ending once.. she burns the house down or some shit, right?

I like Emily Browning but naaah I can't do it.
>>
>>84129430
Damn, you convinced me to re-watch this movie. I do remember enjoying it the first time.

I watched >pic related around the same time I watched A Tale of Two Sisters and remember it being pretty kino (albeit not Korean) too. You might enjoy it.
>>
>>84129619
>I can't watch the remake. It'll be an insult to the original

The Uninvited is great! Well, as great as a movie with that kind of subject matter can be..

American remakes of Asian Horror can be good, contrary to popular belief.
>>
>>84129698
Yeah Martyrs is great. That fucking ending was probably the hardest thing I've ever watched.
>>
>Please, are there ANY other films like this?
Goodnight Mommy is very very similar, maybe too much
>>
>>84129743
I usually watch remakes. I probably will one day desu, just never gotten round to it.

I know I'll probably be angry after watching it and finding that they've ruined the tale, but everyone should watch everything imo.
>>
>>84129780
>Goodnight Mommy
The German movie? Yeah that was ok. A little boring but decent. Interesting. I can't remember the twist but I remember one of the kids is dead? Or were they both dead? Shit, I can't remember.
>>
>>84129862
i personally like the confluence of americans in japanese/asian horror stories. whether it's remakes like the grudge trilogy and shutter or new outcroppings in a traditionally asian genre, i.e. the forest. they're just really inventive, post-modern, and scenically gorgeous and well shot.
>>
>>84130042
I heard they're making/planning a Train to Busan remake. Hopefully they get the cast right, could be epic.

>Coming soon... Train to Arkansas, starring Owen Wilson, Jude Law and Anna Kendrick...

The Grudge/Ring remakes were great.
>>
>>84130042
Is The Forest good?
>>
>>84130359
most will say no. but i loved it. comfy af. and i felt like it maintained integrity, but i can see many arguing that it didn't.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.