[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did you think of S5? It was pretty good imo >plenty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1486684687077.jpg (68KB, 1190x595px) Image search: [Google]
1486684687077.jpg
68KB, 1190x595px
What did you think of S5?

It was pretty good imo
>plenty of callbacks to season 1 in terms of character methodology
>good amount of "woah" """action""" moments
>bunch of redpilled themes incorporated into the plot
>uses non-white characters either in a non-race-related way or a 100% race-related way ie doesn't feel like diversity is being shoved down your throat
>stamper's love for senpai is unnatainable relationship GOALS
cons:
>cuck shit
>GRLL POWR!!!1!
>Robin Wright as Claire
>Robin Wright in general
>>
>>84125460
I fucking hate you. You're really stupid. End your life.
>>
>>84125460
it was trash after first season. second season was half-trash and after that they ve gone full 100% legit piece of shit trash
>>
>>84125534
did you even watch it?
>>
I really like that they brought Tusk back again, I think he'll always be Frank's best antagonist.
>>
I've completely lost sight of the main characters' motivations. They just want power? Is that it?

Besides Frank, Doug, and Claire, literally every character is one episode from being written off because someone discovered their secrete past and it going to leak it to the press.

>ROCHELLE

What this means is that there's no actual tension for the problems they face. Nothing is of significance except for the character interactions between these 3 characters. While there are some good moments, it makes 13 episodes too long and filler.
>>
>>84125460
>race
I agree with OP's characterization of how the show goes about "diversity." Most minorities on that show are in their positions of power because they're extremely capable and are just as susceptible to being "used" as extolled.
>>
File: 1482647636967.png (208KB, 807x935px) Image search: [Google]
1482647636967.png
208KB, 807x935px
>>84125460
gonna repost my rant:

the election plot made no sense to me. But they made it worse by hiding who won the house, who won the senate, and then acting like each state had one vote in the house when the 1824 each state had votes equal to the number of seats in the house.
Claire only gets in because "Maine owes me [LeAnn] a favor" and then Republicans just say, "Wow, Maine, didn't see that one coming" :^)

And then they're like "oh no we're gonna do a 2nd vote in Tennessee and Ohio, but apparently Tennessee no longer counts," even though I could've sworn Conway said he only needed to win one or the other to have 270, while Frank needed to win both

BUT THEN they're like "Oh yeah we're gonna have a secret bilderberg meeting inna woods where the two candidates will court the rich cabals that will somehow rig the election to whoever impresses them the most. But LOL NONE OF THAT ACTUALLY MATTERS, here's a recording of Conway yelling at his pilots. It's just deus ex machina after deus ex machina.
>>
>>84125582
yes the newest season was garbage the 1st episode started off good. then they dragged out the election for half the season with literally nothing happening.
then frank resigns because it was all a le part of le plan. which is just lazy awful writing. and constant gurrl power made this season another piece of trash.
>>
>>84125660
yeah, for all of like 1 scene.
i think at this point the best antagonists will be that old hag and Doug

>>84125743
>They just want power? Is that it?
that's the entire point of the show, anon. that's kind of the entire point of life, really. sorry to spoil it for you

>ROCHELLE
yeah I had to look up who Rochelle was because I couldn't remember what was the significance of the name to Blackmail the latino dude
>>
>>84125786
yeah but on the flip side some characters are purely about race, like the Black Caucus, and Usher's conversation with Alex Romero mentioning the latino 35% of the demographic future estimate
>>
Friendly reminder Frank literally won because some dude in the forest handed him a recording of Conway.

Frank had no idea about this, had no idea it existed and had no actual reason to be there. but he JUST happens be at the right place and to get handed the election winner.
also this is just assuming people would rather vote for Frank who has a millions scandals and is obviously linked to corruption over Conway who got angry on a plane. wow great writing.
>>
>>84125819
>when the 1824 each state
what? proofread your rant
>I could've sworn Conway said he only needed to win one or the other to have 270, while Frank needed to win both
vice versa
>secret bilderberg meeting inna woods
that's literally irl, you know that, right?
>deus ex machina after deus ex machina
I think that even tho you're somewhat right, I can see some deliberation was put into building the story arcs, even if they weren't that well executed, like the LeAnn-Stamper relationship, or Conway's PTSD and war lies, because they're kind of not that skillfully implemented and the climax is jut a "here's a recording lmao", although I think the general surveillance theme was a nice touch to the whole irl CIA monitoring thing that was exposed by wikileaks
>>
>>84125961
>Frank goes to the Bohemian Grov- uh, Gohemian Brove because it's a meeting of the most powerful people on earth where they just wanna 'chill'
>Frank knows they just wanna 'chill', exploits that. Obvious when he says he needs to show "restraint"
>Usher helps Frank because they're meant to be 'chill'
the bohemian grove part of the season was actually crucial and I liked it a lot. plus, it was RED PILL CENTRAL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpKdSvwYsrE
>>
>>84126088
yeah my bad about the grammar.
>vice versa
Tennessee is worth 11 votes, Ohio is worth 18 votes.
Because Conway said it, I'd assume that Conway was at 259, which would put Frank at 250. Frank then needs two states to win where Conway only needs one. But then lol somehow Tennessee doesn't matter
>that's literally irl, you know that, right?
aye, I'm aware.

But yeah, I thought how they'd undo Chad Conway was by making him unravel with his PTSD, or even something about that his "act of heroism" during the war was in someway a fraud. But no, somehow getting pissed at some pilots is enough to undo an entire campaign against the corrupt, unpopular, unelected incumbent. If someone like Ford couldn't hold on to the office, there's no way in hell Underwood should have been able.
Maybe I'm saying that because Trump was able to say a lot of shit without any real damage to himself. If I were writing this season, I would have made it a combination of Frank finding out about the the PTSD, and making him appear unfit to lead to the electorate, as well as trying to create a sex scandal and destroy his marriage. Emphasis on the latter because it seems like the show just wants you to hate the Underwoods more and more with each passing season, and make their inevitable downfall that more satisfying.
>>
>>84126550
frank needed 1, i remember doug saying that

>his "act of heroism" during the war was in someway a fraud
I think it was, but Conway avoided all the war talk.
>Ford
>Trump
Were you expecting a "it was just cockpit talk" scene?

>the show just wants you to hate the Underwoods
weird, since the entire reason to watch is Kevin Spacey's road to power and a few sidecharacters along the way that fuck everything up

I think S6 should be the last. Everyone's in their endgame positions at the tailend of their character arcs, and it's just a free-for-all as far as who tries to fuck over who
>>
>>84126862
>weird, since the entire reason to watch is Kevin Spacey's road to power and a few sidecharacters along the way that fuck everything up

You cheer for him during his rise, but then they start doing stupid shit to stay in power and then you have Claire being just a general cheating bitch. At least his affair with Zoe had a purpose towards them taking power. She just wants dick from guys that aren't Frank. God I fucking hate Claire. She couldn't even properly end the series by staging Frank's assassination while he was still president.
>>
>>84127184
that was part of the season's redpills, how Frank realizes he doesn't love Claire even tho he tries to constantly make her think he does- he even says she was stupid to fall in love with Tom, because he knows Claire is stupid.
>>
Another show ruined by feminism
>>
>>84125819
>But LOL NONE OF THAT ACTUALLY MATTERS, here's a recording of Conway yelling at his pilots. It's just deus ex machina after deus ex machina.

Conway would be fucked If he won, I guess that was the point. The rest is right though
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.