[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please tell me this is a reddit meme. He's a self absorbed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: tjmiller.jpg (616KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
tjmiller.jpg
616KB, 1200x630px
Please tell me this is a reddit meme. He's a self absorbed prick and he isn't even close to funny enough to justify it. Multiple times I've seen him call out people in the front row of comedy clubs for not laughing at his act. Late night hosts - people who get paid millions of dollars to pretend to like other celebrities - visibly do not like him. God I fucking hate this man.
>>
just ignore him, then. he's not on silicone valley anymore. his last stand up was just released on netflix.

it's like you brought miller up to GIVE him popularity, instead of taking him down.

wait. was that the purpose of this thread? reverse psychology?

"T J Miler Sucks!" then 4chan gets in and makes him popular? is that how it works?
>>
>>84124688
No. He's just everywhere. When I go to a comedy club he's on the stage. When I turn on the tv he's getting interviewed. When I turn on HBO he's playing a character that's only slightly less smug than him. I want him out.
>>
Why did you leave Silicon Valley, TJ?
>my wife wanted me to
>I'm too busy and needed to drop something
>I wanted to send a message to the Silicon Valley writers
>It was for the good of the show
>I wanted to work on other projects

Not pictured:
>They told me to leave
>>
>>84124631
TJ Miller is actually...good.
>>
>>84124749
TJ Miller's whole schtick is that he's a chubby, egotistical weirdo. It's a fucking character you autist.
>>
I love Erlich, but I saw his stand up and it was the cringiest shit. Stories with no jokes. Too many comics do this nowadays. Not funny!
>>
>>84124858
you forgot that he is a jew
>>
>>84124858
His latest bits are: reading a negative review of himself; describing how his comedy is the opiate for the masses; picking out audience members for not laughing at his shitty jokes.

If he weren't on tv then people wouldn't laugh almost instinctively at his mediocrity. It's not exactly a character he's playing. It's an exaggerated, self-aware egotism that masks his true narcissism
>>
He was funny before he had any sort of fame but now that he has his name established a bit he's really become a prick and seems mentally unwell
>>
>>84125162
idk man i liked his first stand up with the dmv bit
>>
didnt he have a large section of his brain removed?
>>
>>84124631
If you hate him then it means he's a good actor.
>>
>>84124749
Why did you go to the club the night he was on?

Are you TJ Miller
>>
>>84125162
So he's ripping off Stewart Lee? He has taste, even if he has no talent.
>>
>>84125464
I think he's great on Silicon Valley. But even his character on that show is mainly self-parody. I can't see him pulling off something like Louie or Adam Sandler in Funny People. He's trying to be a comedian, my gripe is with his annoying, self absorbed act.
>>
His HBO special made me want to kill myself.
>>
I don't know anything about this guy's personality or previous stand up sets, but his Netflix hour was godawful. Red flags immediately sprung up when he started off by dumping water on himself not once but twice and then wasted at least a minute talking about the city/state (I don't remember). Then when he started to lean on "funny" faces, I turned it off.

Also everyone on SV this season has been terrible because the writing has gotten really unimaginative and flat. I enjoyed his character the first 3 seasons.
>>
>>84125504
I had no idea he was going to be on. I got dragged to UCB with a date. Was a pretty boring show in general desu.
>>
>>84125545
Oh, I haven't seen any of his other stuff outside of Silicon Valley desu
>>
He was good on SV because he played the asshole, which is what he is.

There's no other role for him, he is unlikable but he can be funny in a dickhead way.

He's too retarded to realise how good he had it at SV. There's nothing out there for him. He will never lead a movie, he might be like Zach G in the Hangover films acting as some weird funny comedian actor in something that does very well at the box office... but that's the best he can hope for.
>>
I saw him at a free standup night at my university. He just walked around the audience making fun of people and hitting on the girls. >Flat out asked this girl if she was fucking they guy she came with and laughed in the guy's face when she said no.
>Snatched the phone of some dude filming in the front row, went through the guy's phone, then called the man's dad and told him to go fuck himself.
>>
>>84125870
>free standup night at university
He probably just went for the pussy in the first place
>>
>>84125944
he still gets paid, it's a university, it's not 'free', they've just used your school fees to pay for it
>>
File: I HATE YOU.jpg (7KB, 323x156px) Image search: [Google]
I HATE YOU.jpg
7KB, 323x156px
>>84124631
>>
>>84125573
His special actually starts "strong" and gets worse as it goes on.
>>
>>84125870
that actually sounds funny

>>84124631
idk what to tell you, you don't like his style that's fine. i'd completely disagree, i always enjoy his stand up. whatever small movie roles i've seen him in, he's solid and adds great moments. the only time i didn't like him was on that fox tv show he did that failed about brothers and sisters something.
that was crap and he played a moron but everyone on that show was fucking boring and he just seemed like a clown next to boring ass people.

but he's quick with coming up with material, he's gotten some cool projects. and i hope i see more of his stuff in the future.
>>
>/tv/- Alt-Room Comics Crying About Literally Everything
>>
>>84127065
>Alt-Room Comics
TJ Miller is a great example of why alt comedy is bad.
>>
>>84125573
>SV this season has been terrible because the writing has gotten really unimaginative and flat
Fucking this, the show peaked in its second season and has basically been a parody of itself ever since.

I'm really bummed out that the plot went nowhere in seasons 3 and 4. Yes, the point of SV is to illustrate how startups with great ideas tend to flounder for years on end under bad leadership, but I was really hoping it would show the company progressing with each season, going from a small startup in the beginning to a mid/large-size tech firm.

Instead, we're given a show where a bunch of guys sit around in a living room making bland quips at one another, which was funny back in season 1, but we've had 4 straight seasons of almost nothing but that.
>>
>>84128062
I think you're really missing the forest for the trees as far as "point" of the show goes, but I agree this season is a series low (same goes for Veep, which I suspect increased their female:male ratio in the writers room). Last weeks episode (havent seen this Sunday's yet) was particularly bad. Gilfoyle would never fall victim to that goofy con artist whose character shouldn't exist in the first place. i was actually nervous he was gonna become a regular in season 5 to replace Erlich
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.