[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think Blade Runner 2049 will fuck up the original just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 22c4b33959ff679fa47f4079a2803161.jpg (290KB, 1280x857px) Image search: [Google]
22c4b33959ff679fa47f4079a2803161.jpg
290KB, 1280x857px
Do you think Blade Runner 2049 will fuck up the original just like Prometheus fucked up Alien?
>>
No, but I think Harrison Ford will fuck the movie just like he fucked Indy 4 and Star Wars.
He's just an old greedy asshole. What's the appeal?
>>
>>84086000
nice trips
but it's just a cashgrab and will probably be vapid and unoriginal, so /tv/ and the neuevo critics will love it.
>>
File: 1390928041259.jpg (713KB, 798x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1390928041259.jpg
713KB, 798x1600px
I've seen films you people wouldn't believe
>>
>>84086082

Oh yes, I can already see the kino memes. This is a board that thinks BvS was good.
>>
>>84086000
Beyond Blade runners plus this remake problems.

I'll say this again and again:
Digital film is so disgustingly clean, that it is impossible to do cyberpunk in it.
>>
Just pretend it never existed.
>>
I finished reading "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" last week, then immediately watched Blade Runner.

Blade Runner is fucking garbage compared to the book. The production design and the cyberpunk world is very interesting and well done, but the story is watered down and feels so hollow. Why is it so beloved?
>>
>>84086000
well blade runner sucked soooo.... its hard to fuck 2049 up imo
>>
>>84086000
I had no hope until Villeneuve was tapped to direct. Had it been Ridley it would suck ass, but with an actual not hack director it could be decent.
>>
>>84088338
the book sucked, it's no wonder the movie completely overshadows it

the movie cut all of the worst parts from the book
>>
>>84086000
>Do you think Blade Runner 2049 will fuck up the original just like Prometheus fucked up Alien?
No, Denis Villeneuve is a good director, much better than the senile Ridley Scott today.
But i think Harrison Ford will be its weakest part, the fucker cant act for shit. Him and Bruce Willis are two actors that didnt give a shit since they became big.
>>
It's so transparent what will happen. Humanity destroyed itself an the repilcants remade humanity and then created a lower class of replicants to serve them, the one's hunted in the original.
>>
>>84089732
>the fucker cant act for shit
Willis and Ford are not character actors. They play themselves, and neither is really a bad actor. Arguably, some of the best or most memorable movies are done by them.
>>
The new movie can't fuck up the old movie if you don't watch it.
>>
>>84086000

Yes.
>>
>>84091807
The trailer revealed Deckard was a replicant so it has already fucked up the original
>>
>>84091976
God damn that fucking sucks. Even still, I don't think it's a bad idea to just disregard trash-awful things people come up with years later that ruin things you like.
>>
>>84086064
he was in such great rolls at the time he's become inseperable from them, it's really hard for anyone, myself and apparently directors included, to understand just how little of a shit he gives now
>>
>>84088529
u suc
>>
>modern cashgrab sequel to an old movie
Of course it'll be garbage.
>>
>>84088338
I don't think streamlining is necessarily a bad thing. It gives it good focus. Things like "woah, this is a parallel police station staffed entirely by robots" or that Buster stuff give off an entirely different tone.
>>
>>84086108
Blade runner wallpapers thread?
>>
>>84086000
I don't see how it can fuck up as badly as Prometheus. Prometheus shat on everything exceptional about Alien, but Blade Runner is pretty standard science-fiction. If it's badly written, it could be as dumb as Prometheus, but it can't insult the original in the same way.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.