[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I never watched Into the Badlands and I've heard people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 12

File: c1bdf21dbca9d3dca4babe2c73430fd6.jpg (830KB, 1572x1867px) Image search: [Google]
c1bdf21dbca9d3dca4babe2c73430fd6.jpg
830KB, 1572x1867px
So I never watched Into the Badlands and I've heard people saying it has good fighting choreography. Is it worth watching as a show, though?
>>
File: ItB Widow in Bar.webm (2MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
ItB Widow in Bar.webm
2MB, 1024x576px
>>84071368
>as a show
kek no
The show is very solid with the fighting and style, but the story is retarded as fuck
>>
>>84071368
pretty entertaining show
>>
File: AMC_BAD_S1_Promo_Character_Quinn.jpg (96KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
AMC_BAD_S1_Promo_Character_Quinn.jpg
96KB, 1920x1080px
>>84071368
First season is kinda directionless and then second one has too many arcs. One thing I like is how apocalypse is never dwelled upon to any extensive degree. Shit is fucked and current world has stories to tell. I also really like the southern plantation owner vibe.
>>
>>84071368
I watched the first season. There was not as much fighting as I would have liked. The writing is nearly trash, predictable storylines, and the first season is seemingly a prequel.
>>
File: Pilgrimage_to_Hell.jpg (38KB, 294x475px) Image search: [Google]
Pilgrimage_to_Hell.jpg
38KB, 294x475px
>>84071368
Did you ever read The Deathlands when you were a kid? It's basically that, down to the barons, supermutant powers, oddball religions, fallen technology and shit with guns being exceptionally rare, except less good.

It is fun though, not a waste of time if you like kung fu shows. Second season is when it really gets its footing. Biggest weakness is the gurl power stuff mostly.
>>
Kek, I was an extra in this shis show when they were filming in Ireland. Clipper, died like 3 times lol

Show is absolute trash tho
>>
>All of the bad guys are white
>All of the good guys are shitskins

Really makes me think
>>
>>84072888
>Bajie
>shitskin
Retard
>>
Only seen the first season on Netflix. Agree with other anons, the writing is pretty middle of the road but the world is kinda interesting and the fight choreography is legit.

Worth a poke if you're into martial arts stuff.
>>
>>84072874
Clippers job so hard. It's a shame really after they get built up in the first part of the first season.
>>
I watched it all last weekend.
I enjoyed it but the story isn't great and only exists to get the characters from a to b and to fight other characters.

It's promising and it's certainly has better fight scenes than most shows.

It was never really meant to be anything more than that so it does it's job.

Game of Thrones it is not.

The coincidences and Nick Frost kinda ruin the story though.

The show often just forgets certain characters exist and then bring them back. Lydia for one. This ruins the character arcs that feel like they should exist.

The writing is corny but that's part of the appeal. "YES BARON"

I want to hate Quinn but can't.

>>84072438
Somehow the Writing for the Widow goes 180 and the words "strong female" are used at least once an episode. As someone who hates that shit, It does not detract from the show but seems a little out of place in the middle of the episode.

Based Stephen Lang is in it as well and insults nearly every character.
If the writing was stronger and they went for a different direction it could have been better.
>>
>>84073594
>It does not detract from the show
Well, what got me most was a feudal society built on martial strength suddenly winds up with all these silly bitchy machinations of the wives trying to grab power for their own and it actually working.

At least the widow could fight, but she realistically got her ass kicked by the stronger people in the early stuff and had to fight dirty just to tread water. It really had the feeling of a proper power struggle. Things didn't get really bad in the gurl powa department until the second season with the butterflies and all that.

Steven Lang is hands down the best part of Season 2 though. It's funny. The barony stuff in the first season was the best. Then the stuff away from all that in the second was the best.
>>
>>84074021
I agree with this.

Some of the Barony stuff loses it's impact because they don't really show them much.

Jacobee for instance in Season 1 and then the others in Season 2. I'd want to see all of them.

The sudden lesbian turn of Tilda feels off as well.

What did you think of MK?
>>
>>84074378
>What did you think of MK?
Less of a pussy and plot device than season one, but still coming into his own. Though losing his powers takes away some of the small amount of cool cred he had originally. I'll think he'll be better in season three.
>>
>>84074999
The story leaves him little to do so he's left out. I don't really care about the powers stuff or feel invested.

I hope season 3 does something good with him.
>>
>>84075090
>The story leaves him little to do
His purpose was mostly futuristic citystate and since that will be the focus of the next season, I think they'll fix that.
>>
>>84071368
why are there no guns in this show?
>>
>>84075187
It's said in the first episode, banned by all sides.

I kept waiting for Quin to bust out some old stash of them after he got ousted.
>>
>>84075187
Outlawed. I wondered this too but it's mentioned in one sentence at the start.

>>84075219
Wasted opportunity.
>>84075131
Yeah I guess but his arc is so dull.

Hopefully when we reach Azra it's interesting.
>>
>>84075219
>banned
>>84075259
>Outlawed
soooo, what's the penalty for having guns?
>>
>>84075219
>>84075259
>>84075187

Guns are banned because they are boring and they wanted to show off the martial arts aspect.
>>
>>84075316
Never mentioned.

No one has them though.

I assume it's death.

>>84075331
But they wouldn't be boring in the show. If Quinn got out guns, then he could win. It raises the stakes.
>>
It's a pretty decent show. I thought it would be super cheesey but ended up enjoying it. The choreography is way better than say, Iron Fist. If you ever watched that trainwreck of a show "Revolution", it's basically that but done right.
>>
>>84075362
>But they wouldn't be boring in the show.

Don't argue with the show's creators who are 100% right, it's supposed to be a return to feudal times, stop crying about guns
>>
>>84075455
Oh boy, Revolution sucked. I got about half way through season 1 before I dropped it. Still have the DVDs.
I like the differences though- Revolution touched on wanting to restore the USA/the past. Into the Badlands wants to keep the status quo/7 baron state.

>>84075493
I think it would be exciting to see in the story. It changes the dynamic of the world.
>>
>>84071368
i have two weeks vacation so ima watch this

thanks for the recommendation

>sarah bolger

im all in lol
>>
>>84071368
its not a good show but its an ok ride. It has a rare flavor you don't see often so its worth your time (a lot more than "the 100")
>>
>>84073105
its relatively easy
>>
>>84072888
? I don't recall that being the case.
>>
>>84073594
>Widow goes 180 and the words "strong female" are used at least once an episode.
I think watching how much in over her head she is was part of the fun.
>>
>>84074021
yeah other barony's in s2 came off as shit.
>and it actually working
could have worked if they had side characters helping out (type that are not in a wheel chair)
>>
>>84074378
>The sudden lesbian turn of Tilda feels off as well.
her turn is Bi and did not feel unexpected to me, not it feel 100% true. Its more like she was lonely and there are only girls around on her level. I don't think she is one for labels
>What did you think of MK?
He seems very out of place. Its like the apocalypses did not happen to him, he was stolen from another time. he is also very whiny and judgmental
>>
>>84075187
I assumed they were out of bullets.
>>
>>84075316
all sides would turn on you but since last part of s2 is everyone fighting everyone is strange no one busted out guns.
>>84075259
>Azra
we will never reach Azra, there probably is no Azra. next season "future" people will roll in on a submarine or something and will become another faction
>>
lol Celeborn is in this
>>
>>84076456
This. I kinda felt sorry for her. She wanted the system changed but didn't have the power to do so.

>>84076578
It is is sudden. The girl she saves kisses her and Tilda she goes with it whilst before going on about Muh MK. MK turns up and she suddenly doesn't care about him.

I agree with you on MK though. What did he do before the show starts? How is he not broken?

>>84076668
I hope that isn't the case. Azra exists/existed at one time because of the magazine and the signal. If they arrive in boats why?
>>
>>84076691
he wants to be immortan joe but is falling short
>>
>>84076799
>She wanted the system changed but didn't have the power to do so.
except she was called out multiple times on not actually wanting a change.
>>
>>84076843
Exactly. That's the point. She didn't want it changed. It makes for a good character. Possibly the best on this show.
>>
>>84076799
>Azra exists/existed at one time because of the magazine and the signal
it could be an unfinished project they advertised as hope for people. the promised land not existing is a common turn of events.
>If they arrive in boats why?
Because they would have to be part of some hidden society that no one has ever seen. mountains are an option but I think it will be boats or an island (mostly boats)
>The girl she saves kisses her and Tilda she goes with it whilst before going on about Muh MK
well muh MK is gone and does not seem in a hurry to get back to her. even when they were starting out he was not too hot on her.
>MK turns up and she suddenly doesn't care about him.
? one of the conflicts was over the fact that she obviously still cares for him and her girl is jealous.
>What did he do before the show starts? How is he not broken?
I have no idea. I recall them saying something about living on an ideal farm or something and then ending up as cogs after a raid (or smuggling themselves because someone was after them) regardless despite the baronies being called the "badlands" the locations outside them seem like wastelands run by pedos and human traffickers.
>>
>>84076884
maybe. sunny is one of the coolest but character wise he is very weak.
>>
Why is Quinn so compelling to watch?
>>
>>84077321
Because the actor is charismatic as hell and he's gloriously over the top
>>
File: time for a nice sleep.jpg (171KB, 904x501px) Image search: [Google]
time for a nice sleep.jpg
171KB, 904x501px
shack design by Bethesda Studios
>>
>>84078911
This, so much glorious scenery chewing.
>>
i like the young kid -- he's not an edgy asshole

and he knows how to throw shards of glass
>>
>>84071368
I enjoyed it. Season 2 was pretty meh though. Quinn was still excellent but MK was even more pointless. There also wasn't enough "Sunny kills everyone within a mile radius" in it.
>>
File: 1480587667076.png (2MB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
1480587667076.png
2MB, 1280x718px
It's trash but it's fun and it tickles my fetishes.
>>
File: noice.jpg (90KB, 902x503px) Image search: [Google]
noice.jpg
90KB, 902x503px
enjoyed this move
>>
File: fullrwtwr.jpg (98KB, 600x897px) Image search: [Google]
fullrwtwr.jpg
98KB, 600x897px
>>84071410
>the widow

I almost had to drop the show after she solos like 50 clippers(the last 6 with 2 throwing stars). If you're that op why not just go kill everybody yourself.
>>
>>84071729
He was easily the best character. I couldn't care less about sunny or his nigfu and wogchink hellspawn.
>>
>>84080245
All the Barons are OP.
>>
>high heels suddenly go flat for the stunt even during a close up
Every fucking fight scene. Did they forget we have HD now?
>>
>>84080412
She occasionally changes into an Asian woman too
>>
>>84080095
I liked that they only used old cars. Maybe emps killed everything with a computer.
>>
>>84080350
She wasn't a baron she was a barrons wife. How would she become op? All the barrons were clippers that trained their entire lives.
>>
>>84080627
I'm thinking it might be some Australia type of situation.
>>
File: fwoahr etc.jpg (59KB, 1070x600px) Image search: [Google]
fwoahr etc.jpg
59KB, 1070x600px
>>84080627
hmmm... good catch about EMP

enjoyed this move also
>>
>>84080698
Because she had the Gift just like MK and spent her childhood training in a temple.
>>
File: giv.png (45KB, 778x512px) Image search: [Google]
giv.png
45KB, 778x512px
>>84071410
giv widow gf
>>
>>84080776
ugh,I hated the "gift" the temple and mk, what a fag.
>>
>>84080834
Like you could have not had any of that horse shit and it would have been better off for it.
>>
File: 1482725993952.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1482725993952.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>>84080741
Indeed
>>
>>84072967
The British are shitskins
>>
File: 1471794102303.png (1MB, 1240x869px) Image search: [Google]
1471794102303.png
1MB, 1240x869px
>>84080950
DO
>>
>>84071410
Is it retarded in a fun but flawed way or just straight up stupid?
>>
>>84081057
it Is retarded in a fun but flawed way.

It's kinda like playing with toys.
>>
>>84081047
Germany was better off in that pic than they are today letting in millions of shitskins. And the brits are no better off. Enjoy sharia law cuck fags.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.