[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this could've been GOAT if it didn't have a laugh track

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: 4117209_g.jpg (39KB, 588x285px) Image search: [Google]
4117209_g.jpg
39KB, 588x285px
this could've been GOAT if it didn't have a laugh track and the stand-up segments.

Also if Julie wasn't such a shit actress.
>>
Every Kramer and Newman scene is kino
>>
The stand-up segments are ok tho. It's not like they were by crappy guest stars like on that cartoon therapist show, Seinfeld is actually good. He just gets a little old once you've watched his routine a hundred times (which they also reference in the show eg peanut jokes).
>>
>>84064445
>he thinks Julie is the weak point
It's clearly Seinfelds acting. The show even recognizes that.
>>
>>84064445
>Also if Julie wasn't such a shit actress.
Fucking pleb.
>>
Correction - it could have been GOAT if it stopped at season 5.
>>
>>84065978
Season 7 was one of the best seasons though
>>
>>84066027
True. Last episode of Season 7 is the true ending IMO. However, the series starts veering off into odd directions in season 6. The writing staff starts to change - once Larry David leaves, it becomes a full blown cartoon.
>>
>>84064445

>laugh track

Its a live audience though
>>
File: 1350960659049.gif (2MB, 297x229px) Image search: [Google]
1350960659049.gif
2MB, 297x229px
>>84064445
Bing Crosby is to blame for the invention of the laugh track. I love him as a singer, actor and performer, but it has ruined so many shows it's absurd.

To me, it seems more prevalent in British shows like Monty Python's Flying Circus and Blackadder, though it is present in many American shows.

Seriously, what the fuck does a laugh track add?

The shows worth watching that have a laugh track are still worth watching, but shit, the laugh track ruins so many moments.

It's even worse in shows like M*A*S*H where the laugh track was made with the actual actors.

I honestly don't know why this was seen as a positive addition to anything other than talk shows or game shows, where a live audience was assumed to be in the background.

Lastly, Julia Louis-Dreyfus is fine, though the episodes that centered around Elaine were less good than other episodes.
>>
>>84066068
Swap season 5 with 7 and end it there and you have a pretty perfect sitcom, only missing out on a handful of the best episodes
>>
>>84065571
thats why its great. it plays to how weak his acting is by greatly exaggerating it.

Like how Jerry has no fucking clue how to be properly angry because he just has a high pitched wail.
>>
>>84065571
It was annoying to me at first, but now I actually enjoy seeing Jerry struggling not to laugh at his own jokes.

And Julie is great.
>>
>>84064445
Seinfeld was the worst actor and that made it more funny
>>
>>84066079
Lol no one read this
>>
File: 1468261350785.png (2MB, 2000x1857px) Image search: [Google]
1468261350785.png
2MB, 2000x1857px
>its a Newman threatens to beat up Jerry with his shoe episode
>its a Kramer eats pork accidentally, likes it, and campaigns for the Koran to include pork as halal episode
>its a George forces a neighbour to give up their dog because theyre haram episode
>>
>>84064445
I get so invested with everything else in Seinfeld I hardly ever notice the laugh track and at least the show doesn't have long awkward pauses for it like Big Bang Theory.
>>
>>84064445
keep trying
>>
>>84064445

Louis-Dreyfus is literally the best actor on the show
>>
what are some essential Seinfeld kino? I'm not wasting 9 seasons shifting through shit
>>
>>84068852
>Its a Elaine needs to run an errand for Mr Peterson but has to wait for a man to drive her episode
>>
The late seasons are shit. Characters are turned way up and not relateable anymore. Plots get ridicoulus too, I judge Seinfeld by the hairstyle Elaine has.
>>
>>84069411
I can't think of a single episode I didn't enjoy right now, other than the rehash episodes.
>impying I don't know it's bait
>>
>>84069411
Seinfeld didn't air in my country at the time, I'm watching it now on amazon prime. I started at the beginning, I'm now in season 9, and while the show definately peaked halfway through, there hasn't been a single bad episode so far.
>>
>>84069411
If youre just going to sieve through and watch the best, The Contest is probably no. 1

you might aswell just start from Season 3 though
>>
I always thought that the scenes with crazy Joe Davola without laughtrack would be creepy as fuck.
>>
>>84064445
>>84065571
>>84065958
>>84067148
It's JuliA guys
>>
>>84069411
Watch seasons 4-7.
>>
>>84068775
K

:^)
>>
>>84069411
episode 11 season 4
>>
File: The-Limo-Seinfeld[1].jpg (38KB, 704x528px) Image search: [Google]
The-Limo-Seinfeld[1].jpg
38KB, 704x528px
>>84069411
s03e19 The Limo
s07e06 The Soup Nazi
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.