[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

just watched Neill Blomhack's short alien film yesterday,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

File: NE7cSVhfZFRHbb_3_b.jpg (56KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
NE7cSVhfZFRHbb_3_b.jpg
56KB, 600x315px
just watched Neill Blomhack's short alien film yesterday, and seriously what a piece of shit.

>Essentially Terminator with Aliens
>But guess what! the good guys use suicide bombers, pickup trucks with guns on the back, IED's and even behead an alien pilot
>He clearly hopes the painfully obvious references to ISIS will cause enough of a stir to make his short movie go viral
>no one gives a shit

>also
>quite foreboding female narration for 20 minutes

apart from the cool visuals I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, Neill has reminded everyone he's just another unoriginal hack.
>>
>>84060805
>quite foreboding female narration for 20 minutes
Does that shit ever stop? i started looking at it but the first 10 minutes or so were so fucking generic i was fucking forcing myself to keep focused, i literally fell asleep watching it and that hadn't happened to me since i was a kid.
>>
File: 1494356725930.jpg (47KB, 425x600px) Image search: [Google]
1494356725930.jpg
47KB, 425x600px
Holy Shit, both of you are fucking plebs. What an amazing sci-fi short. Perfect acting(pyro dude killed his scene) Sigourny Weaver cameo, amazing world building!!!
>>
Gantz ripoff
>>
>>84061641

>world building

Is there a more autistic phrase?
>>
File: oats-explosion.jpg (134KB, 656x313px) Image search: [Google]
oats-explosion.jpg
134KB, 656x313px
the short was painfully mediocre.
awesome visuals, which is typical for blomkamp but everything else was terrible.
>cheesy narration
>brainlocks have no chin straps
>parts with the pyromaniac and the angel were pointless
>le middle east references

also what did the aliens even trying to accomplish on earth? were they here just to satisfy their sadistic needs?

>>84061641
>cameo
do you even know what that means?
>>
>>84061641
>Sigourny Weaver cameo,

I fucking hate plebs like you who squeal at every easter egg or cameo that appears.
>>
I honestly didn't even realize his alien movie was on the shelf I thought it was still in the works. I'm glad it's cancelled.
>>
>>84061893
World building isn't an autistic phrase, but this particular use of it is.
>>
>>84061641
>Sigourney Weaver cameo
And that's an argument for it being good?
>>
DUDE ISIS ARE THE GOOD GUYS LMAO
>>
it was super retarded. yes, its terminator with aliens, and prometheus too (multipurpose "alive" black goo), oh and the matrix of course.

stylistically was a fucking mess, the worst ive seen from blompkamp. some visuals were ok, some were a fucking mess like the CGI black goo demolishing buildings.

>sigourney looked old as fuck and bored
>le magic negro is the chosen one

the irak war marines were weird as fuck too. i really dont know what that hack wanted to accomplish with this short.
>>
>>84061641
While you have a point, your also obviously a shill. The short was good, but given the production costs, director, and actors, it shouldn't be so difficult. But ya, most faggots on /tv/ will automatically hate on anything they see as too "normal"/popular or anything that tries too hard. Just the hint of things they don't like and they REEEEEEE (ISIS comparions).

Cons
>overly sadistic aliens with voodoo technology (though the body horror stuff was neat for sci fi)
>brain blocks are cheesy af
>the pyro/genius guy who can build brain blocks out of scrap shit because he really like fire????? (maybe have someone else that can do that)
>getting all hyped over taking down one alien, but for what fucking purpose?
>why would the aliens bother walking through a street with some brain washed human? Why not just go in and forcibly remove people/kill everyone with a bomb?
>>
>>84063129
What about it was "ISIS"? Does ISIS have some claim on all suicide bombings? That is more of a desperate extremist thing.
>>
>>84063339
>The short was good
no it wasnt. i cant believe Blompkamp has already settled and decided on his "universe", it looks the same as district 9, the same as ellysium, guy has no imagination or ambition. fucking hack.
>>
>>84063339
>But ya, most faggots on /tv/ will automatically hate on anything they see as too "normal"/popular or anything that tries too hard

It's objectively bad

>>84063377
It's called Raqqa....
>>
>>84063411
This. He became far too comfortable after the success of D9 and decided it was the generic lasergun sci-fi element people liked and not the original concept. Subsequently everything he's made since then has been lasergun trash without any originality.
>>
>>84063411
Ya he has a certain setting he tends to go with; something to do with his ideas about what Earth will look like in the future (more deserts; more heat). It's overdone, but the short was still good for what it was, an action sci fi. I'd suggest you don't watch any of his work from now on if you don't like that type of settting, because it's basically his trademark now.
>>
>>84063339
>overly sadistic aliens with voodoo technology
I actually liked how the aliens were excessively cruel. Gave it a feeling of shock and hopelessness.
>>
>>84063339
>why would the aliens bother walking through a street with some brain washed human? Why not just go in and forcibly remove people/kill everyone with a bomb?
Because its a hamfisted analogy for western interventionalism. The politician walking through the speech mindlessly spewing his master's propoganda represents the shoddy democratic leaders held up by the USA.
>>
>>84063609
I only liked it for the visuals, like the mountain of human bones and the twisted body horror stuff. But it's just hard to fathom that a technologically superior and maybe even intelectually superior species could be so sadistic without any reason behind it. Maybe it's just a lizard thing.
>>
>>84063609
it looked infantile and cartoony as fuck. all this thing the guy tried to "establish" looked fucking lame and uninteresting. i dont give a fuck if that humanity perishes or not, it simply failed to make me give a fuck about any of the characters. oh i liked the qt bomber, but she died instantly.
>>
>>84060805
I thought the aliens were supposed to be ISIS.
>>
>>84060805
I had the similar thoughts.
Also, it would be instantly 25% better if they just decided against putting the narration in there.
>>
>>84063654
Sure. But that could have easily been done with propaganda methods, like broadcasting a radio/tv signal that people would inevitably pick up or using some alien tech to broadcast a signal in some other way. Walking in the street seems a bit daunting; do they walk every street in the world?
>>
>>84063675
they are all bad. the only good one is the robo nigger.
>>
>>84063713
remember blomphack is a hack.
>>
What's with Blomkamp and extremely obvious metaphors? that shit isn't why people liked D9.
>>
>>84063660
Yeah it's basically like an ant exterminator pulling the legs off each individual ant just to put them through more pain.
>>
has blompkamp fucked yolandi?
>>
i felt insulted by that short. like it was treating me like a mongoloid.
>>
File: flag.jpg (14KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
flag.jpg
14KB, 251x242px
>>84060805
>humanoid aliens
>>
>>84063948
>aliens were humans from the future all along
>>
>>84060805

It's better than anything Ridley Scott has put out in a decade.
>>
File: 21321.jpg (26KB, 328x330px) Image search: [Google]
21321.jpg
26KB, 328x330px
>>84063948
>aliens with ftl tech
>it's not a complete curbstomp
>humanity isn't defeated after 10mins
>>
Better that anything Alfred Hitchcock has put out in the last decade.
>>
>>84063129
Well, yea they are good guys, who fights against evil Shia muslims and dangerous Iran influence
>>
>>84064151
And blow up dangerous schoolgirls attending pop concerts.
>>
>>84064220
Who cares about goyim
>>
File: relativistic bomb.png (214KB, 1348x1086px) Image search: [Google]
relativistic bomb.png
214KB, 1348x1086px
>>84064058
>aliens bother interacting with humanity and don't just wipe us out from a distance to eliminate a potential threat.
>>
>>84060805
You realize that this short and the later oncoming ones are just "demos" to show off the assets that they're selling on Steam and wherever else? Of course the story is going to be ass.
>>
>>84064412
this
mainstream scifi writers seriously underestimate the amount of energy available to such civilisations.
isaac arthur makes pretty autistic but highly interesting videos on youtube about this topic.
>>
File: cena strachu.jpg (3MB, 2023x2875px) Image search: [Google]
cena strachu.jpg
3MB, 2023x2875px
>>84064412
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.