[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know I'm late but I just finished this and would like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: 13 reasons why.jpg (363KB, 900x800px) Image search: [Google]
13 reasons why.jpg
363KB, 900x800px
I know I'm late but I just finished this and would like to talk about it. How did you guys like it?

I thought it was very gripping and tragic. Many scenes made my eyes wet. All the actors did a wonderful job I think. The only thing I didn't like is how flat the ending felt compared to the rest.
>>
I really liked the mystery aspect of the show. I didn't find it that sad or tragic (except for the parents finding her body scene).
>>
>>84044365
Bryce did nothing wrong.
>>
I thought Clay was annoying and Hannah's accusations to most of the kids were unnecessary. No one did anything wrong besides Bryce and arguably Sherri.

Despite not caring about the show for the majority of my time watching it, I was surprised by the emotion I felt at the last episode. Although, the ending was hindered by them expecting to get a second season and not wrapping everything up to a satisfying conclusion. Clay hitting up Skye to hang out at the end was feelsy.
>>
>>84044365
grill, you know the rules, post tits or gtfo
>>
>>84044445

i wanted to like the mystery, but the show kept disappointing me every single episode

maybe you have to be american to care about the petty bullshit hannah went through
>>
>>84044616
>throw ball
>become school hero

Murica
>>
>>84044708
sports are popular everywhere, you loser.
>>
>>84044806
Baseball is not a sport
>>
>>84044806
Keep worshipping your jocks, cuck.
>>
File: jeff.jpg (21KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
jeff.jpg
21KB, 640x480px
>>84044365
There was only one victim in the series.

>only son of hard working family
>doing his best to raise his grades
>always trying to help the retarded beta to get the girl
>didn't drink but was on his way to buy beer for his friends
>died because of retarded stacy
>>
>>84044972
I am a jock, nerd.
>>
>>84044969
He played football, too. You'd know if you had the capacity to pay attention, retard.
>>
It was terrible and by the end of the first episode I was glad she was dead.
>>
>>84045124

Truth. The only decent and hard-working character in the whole show trying to overcome his weaknesses without complaining or blaming others all while helping others and being an all around cool dude.

A real human being, and a real hero.
>>
>>84045167
"Football" is played with feet and is the single most popular sport in the world, yankee.
You might be referring to handegg. Handegg is not a sport.
>>
>>84045285
I'm not American.
>>
>>84045185

I haven't seen it yet, but I read the summary online and it seems like this dumb bitch kills herself over literally nothing. How is this a show?
>>
First world problems: The show.
>>
>>84045737
Well I'm from the first world so I can empathize. What are your kind of problems? Dropping your bucket of clean drinking water while shitting in the street?
>>
i didnt get the last scene between bryce and his friend (cant remember his name) someone explain plx
>>
>>84045737
Unironically this.
/thread
>>
Do teenagers really act like this today?
>>
File: jp.jpg (2MB, 5776x2328px) Image search: [Google]
jp.jpg
2MB, 5776x2328px
I went to school with Bryce.
>>
>>84045894
did he rape you?
>>
>>84044508
>I thought Clay was annoying

>listens to 5 minutes of the type with little to no context
>takes off his headphones
>makes a scene in front of the whole school acting like he's the school's resident Batman
>Tony teleports behind him
>"WHY AM I ON THE TAPES, TONY?"
>drives off on his bike

Every. Fucking. Time.
>>
>>84045737
shouldn't you be watching Dear White People, you filthy nigger?
>>
>>84045918
He tried. But I made more than one effort to get out of the hot tub. Wasn't that hard to get away really.
>>
>>84045795
>>84045837
>>84045931
Shouldn't you be on Tumblr posting about some very important issue that nobody cares?
>>
>>84044365
JUST
>>
>>84045737
It's made for people that live in the first world.

ISIS is producing content for you people all the time.
>>
>>84045931
Dear White people is first world problems the show too
>>
>>84046012
shouldn't you be on reddit, posting your reddit posts for fellow redditorss to upvote you?
>>
last episode was sad, the death scene was more graphic than I was expecting

that being said, after the initial shock of the series, I've concluded that Hannah had issues before the series began (her parents mention how she was bullied in her last school, which is weird, since she was attractive, which means that the bullying was most likely because she was promisicus or put herself in bad situations). what are the odds that Hannah is unlucky twice in a row and gets picked on randomly? she purposely puts herself in bad situations and/or is too naive to get herself out of situations when they turn bad. I want to say Munchausen's, but something similar maybe, where she thinks everything that happens is because of her and it's her fault

also she killed herself and blamed it on Bryce just so her parents would get money from the school so they could pay off their debt. Hannah could have easily gotten out of the hot tub, and Bryce wouldn't have been dumb enough to rape a girl with people nearby
>>
>>84046183
Didn't you hear Bryce? It wasn't rape, she fucking wanted it.
>>
>>84044365
Its very social justice warrior type stuff, her constant complaining got annoying. Not blaming her necessarily, but it just felt that every episode was just another formulaic example of "you did this to me, and it sucked"

They also maybe missed the mark on her motivation for killing herself. I've had people tell me the idea of coming up with reasons for blame isn't totally correct when it comes to suicide. People and things can contribute of course, but often times it begins and ends with an unexplainable feeling of emptiness. Her outlining of people and pointing fingers out them made it all seem completely extrenally motivated, which I can't imagine is totally true.

This led to a "blame game" taste which I eventually found annoying. Take the asian basketball kid for example. Sure, he kinda messed up interacting with her, but he's got problems too. The whole idea of "have you ever been on the sidelines and felt unimportant" was such a cop out, especially considering he displayed an attempt to reach out and try. Sorry Hannah, you weren't athletically gifted. Its not Zack's fault he's good at sports and people praise him for it. He works hard to develop also. It seemed like he pissed her off, and instead of trying to learn from it and maybe actually reach out in a positive way to him she just attacked the thing he is best at and used it as a reason of blame for her suicide. This is an example of how she kinda treats everyone else. Sure, they fucked her up, but all she seemed to try and do was instantly take what they did and demonize them and all of their other qualities. Its not their fault they were socially, academically, and athletically successful and at that point in life thats what makes you a popular person. In this way, she is to blame for not being able to see a larger perspective. Not fully, but when 13 people all fuck you over, maybe you should just move on and do other things.
>>
>>84046320
Of course I'm being an asshole, but this goes back to my original point that they didn't seem to develop her natural inclination to suicide enough. It should have been more like "I feel fucked up, and then all these people's actions and accomplishments exacerbate these feelings". Another example would be the college thing, where she says something along the line of "if you don't have the money, OR THE GRADES, the decision gets made for you". She's right on some level, but you mark the other kid's athletic and academic accomplishments (achieved through effort) as a bad thing, while you just sit and bitch. If you want something bad, go get it or at least try. Again, this would have been excusable and understandable if her character was based foundational on some un-explainable existential dread, not just as some fat high school girl.

All of that said, I did enjoy the high school drama stuff. I have a soft spot for that type of shit, hookin-up, cheating, gossip, etc. I really liked the show Skins if anyone has seen it. I appreciated how the show took that and showed the bad side of it, instead of just a bunch of kids who are all way tougher than they should be.

I also ended up really liking Clay, he had a good development from nerd to confident kid. The scenes where he wouldn't kiss Hannah were so cringe in a good way, reminding me of my own experiences.
>>
>>84045124
>>84045284
This right here. Jeff was too good for this world. I'm only going to watch S2 if there's more flashbacks with him.
>>
>>84045124
Oh yes, totally forgot about Jeff in my rant.

Half way through the show, just being like, "where has this guy been in the future section?" and then his tragic end. Jeez. He really was perfect. Confident in his abilities, but also empathetic enough to see the good in all people and help them with the bad.
>>
>>84044365
I feel I'm getting baited into watching american high school teen shit.
When will euro bros learn?
>>
File: wes anderson film.jpg (168KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
wes anderson film.jpg
168KB, 900x600px
she should've sucked his dick. everything would have been fine then.
>>
>>84045737
This desu
>>
>>84044365
"girl kills herself because she's completely incapable of dealing with mundane issues that almost everyone else grows up with at one point or another and is also completely incapable of taking personal responsibility for anything."

very good commentary on the upcoming generation of complete vaginas that have never known true hardship or loss of any kind and are rendered completely weak and pathetic by it to the point where minor issues are capable of "ruining" their lives like the unstable megalomaniacs they are.

it's also completely unrealistic since most suicide victims are by and large male. women will literally attempt suicide for attention hence why they "attempt" it more often than men but usually survive.
>>
The show in itself was fine. Standard teen show, overly dramatic fair.

The problem was the entire premise was fucked up beyond belief.

Hannah killed herself because of Hannah. Most people who commit suicide are in such a bad place that their suicide is simply a psychotic break. Most people who survive their attempts regret it and never try again.

But this fat bitch had the peace of mind to make all these fucking tapes and half the people on them did absolutely nothing. Doing one mean thing to someone, and in many cases they were from a misunderstanding, does not make them culpable in your fucking suicide you crazy fucking bitch.

And you know what? All of this would have been at least somewhere tolerable...

...if it weren't for the scene where her parents find her in the tub which is probably one of the most fucked up things I've seen in recent TV years.

Fuck that fat bitch. Fuck this show for romanticizing suicide and playing like she was "just too pure or complex for this world".

You aren't Van Gogh you chubby whore.
>>
>>84047414
Yes exactly.

The scene with the parents and her cutting herself, though, was some of the most gripping TV I've seen. Maybe not appropriate, but I'm a fan of shit that makes you feel so uncomfortable but because the show developed (however good or bad) her story, I needed to see it
>>
>>84044487
I unironically sympathize with Bryce the most
>>
>>84046648
>he thinks season 2 will be a continuation of the first season
aww how cute!
>>
What I didn't like was how she different in terms of scope many reasons were. On the one hand she whines about that chick no longer being her friend and that fag publishing her poem anonymously. On the other hand she's been raped. Come on.
>>
Its literally made for middle class teen girls, it promotes the idea that they can offload and blame others for any and all feelings of inadequacy or guilty over anything.
>>
>>84046073
>>84046012
Edit: Thanks for the gold :^)
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.