/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So was this meant to appeal to PC culture or to parody it? The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

So was this meant to appeal to PC culture or to parody it?

The message of the movie is ambigous (probably not even on purpose) and the characters are one-dimensional. Why did it get so many 10/10s?
>>
It's meant to appeal to white liberals who don't know anything about the art of Kino
>>
Can't it do both?
>>
>>84043165
No because it's like making a movie where Stalin/Hitler/some other dictator is comedically dumb an evil but at the same time saying his views are right.
>>
Do you watch many films? The message really wasn't that buried in this one.

Initially the audience anticipates that the group of white people who are essentially doing their own version of slavery are racists, but they aren't. In actuality the reason they want to take over the bodies of black people is a weird liberal fetishism of blacks that makes them feel inferior as whites.

It's a criticism of weird liberalism that puts black people on a pedestal above white people instead of just treating them like regular human beings. It's a different target than the wholesale "fuck white people" you would think it'd be.
>>
>>84043110
The point was that "reverse racism" is as fucked up as racism, black people are neither trophies nor property, they are just people
>>
>>84044383
But they're still racist since they're bidding on black people, brainwashing them, turning them into objects they can literally control.
>>
>>84044472
That's the point.
This film tackled the racism of people who don't realize they're horrible racists. The far left who try to get offended on the behalf of minorities, and tear down any actual minority who calls them on their shit as suffering from "internalized oppression."

The point was treating people like they're objects because of their skin color is racism. It doesn't matter if you're treating them like precious, coveted objects that need to be protected from the evil white people (obviously not including yourself). You're probably even worse than straightforward racists because at least they recognize what they are.
>>
>>84044802
Okay but the point is, they didn't take it far enough to portray that single thing you just described. It's there in the movie, it makes that point, but at the same time the characters are "traditionally racist" as well, especially Rose's dad with the not-so-subtle deer metaphor.

My gripe is, it seems like the creators parodied PC culture just enough that it appeals to the anti-PC people, but at the same time criticized racism in a way that it appeals to the PC people. I mean that's why Hollywood loves it, right?

In the end it doesn't commit to making a statement so it ends up being kind of pointless.
>>
>>84044966

why should movies "commit to making statements" at all?

it's a fun movie which plays around with ideas surrounding racism and exoticization - why do you want to turn it into an after school special?
>>
>>84045140
It's not a fun movie. I understand why fun movies exist but this is not one of them.

I watch movies to gain a new perspective on something or to experience something out of the ordinary. This movie doesn't deliver a new perspective on anything, it's saying "well racism is kinda bad but anti-racism is also kinda bad". Which is something anyone with half a brain could figure out on their own.

To give credit, some of the shots are pretty good though.
>>
Or maybe there is no message
>>
>>84045272

it's a crowd-pleasing mainstream horror comedy, 100% a fun movie.

expecting hollywood to provide new perspectives on anything at all in 201x is delusional
>>
>>84045399
>expecting hollywood to provide new perspectives on anything at all in 201x is delusional

I still get to be mad at it at least.
>>
Just watched this last night. The fact this got 99% on rt is actually embarrassing. Cucked white film 'journalists' weirdly worshipping black cock when the movie was mediocre at best WHILE the movie is literally making fun of cucked whites who weirdly worship black cock is too many layers of irony to process
>>
>>84045497
Yeah it definitely didn't deserve 99%. I expected a lot more from it given the reviews. Turns out it's just a rather simple premise with some light social commentary and decent comedic writing.
>>
File: 1489974948233.gif (980KB, 227x221px) Image search: [Google]
1489974948233.gif
980KB, 227x221px
>>84044383
wait wait, so the movie is about bbcucking?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.