[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

card-reading confusion aside How did this win best picture?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

card-reading confusion aside

How did this win best picture? I'm still shocked by that
>>
>>84038032
>nigger
>faggot
>biopic
>...
>profit
>>
>>84038032
Knowing what you do about past winners what exactly was shocking about this picture's victory?
>>
>>84038250

usually I thought they try to balance it with a really good movie that they feel has an important topical message.

for this it's like they stopped even giving a shit. there was even capeshit last year that was better than moonlight
>>
You're the only man who ever touched me.
>>
How did a movie with a gay black protagonist win an oscar?
>>
>>84038404
you answered your own question. This is the times we live in.
>>
>>84038404
how would it not?
>>
>>84038032
>gay nigger
>wwwoww, best movie ever

fuck this fucking garbage ass planet
>>
File: tointelligent.png (108KB, 357x368px) Image search: [Google]
tointelligent.png
108KB, 357x368px
It may have not been the best picture of the year, but it was unironically 50 times better than La La Land.
>>
>>84038430
>>84038438
it was a rhetorical question
>>
>>84038456
t. faggot nigger
>>
>>84038404
This is actually the first movie about homosexuals that won Best Picture.

>>84038032
Politics. But it was the best film in the competition.
>>
Remember in Miss Congeniality when Michael Caine says 'you can't beat a deaf-mute'? Gay niggers are the deaf-mutes of oscar award competitions.
>>
>>84039074
Nonsense. This is the first gay film that won this award. Brokeback Mountain lost to Crash. Carol, while loved by the critics, wasn't even nominated.
>>
>>84039151
Gay white people doesn't win too many oppression points anymore. Ellen Degeneres has been around for over a decade now. Gay niggers on the other hand...
>>
>>84038456
Moonlight was a little worse. Like as far as the storytelling goes, I don't think the writer/director knew exactly where he wanted to end up with the emotional resolution. Very little of the actual film is necessary to understand or give context to his conversation with his mom or the whole scene with Kevin at the bar. Basically all you have to know is that he was a repressed bullied teenager and the specifics don't teach you much more than that. It's not exactly the kind of story that builds on itself, it just kind of goes in a straight horizontal line from beginning to end.

La La Land on the other hand does actually build to an emotional resolution and a lot of people hated it because they thought it was phony or whatever, but at least Damien Chazelle knows how to tell a story.
>>
>>84039563
Moonlight isn't about the story.
>>
>>84039704
This.
It's about gay negros.
>>
>>84039704
The classic
>It's supposed to be bad
defense
>>
it's like a shittier version of gayniggers from outer space
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.