[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I love the sopranos, it's my favorite but theres one offputting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 150422-the-sopranos-1280x467.jpg (388KB, 1281x468px) Image search: [Google]
150422-the-sopranos-1280x467.jpg
388KB, 1281x468px
I love the sopranos, it's my favorite but theres one offputting thing about it. almost always when two characters meetup they directly start to discuss business for like two minutes and then leave. sure this happens, but not almost every time
>>
>>84033477
Yes Chase should have filled out the dialouge with them discussing the weather, the Yankees, and how many times they hit their wife the night before and stretched each show to 3 hours to make the dialogue more realistic.

It also would have been great if we could have watched as Carmela and Rosalie talked about their yeast infections for 20 minutes or so.
>>
>>84033604
I'd unironically watch them hangout at satriales. but seriously, what I mean is the whole setup like you see them drive through half jersey just to talk for two minutes
>>
Every show is like this. One of the purposes of writing dialogue is to answer the question "why now?" - why am I portraying this scene, what is the importance to the overall plot? So they focus on scenes that keep the plot moving and as such they generally are about business or family or relationships, etc.

If you want to watch something where it's just characters talking about their lives with no real reason then watch a Linklater movie like Waking Life or Slacker
>>
>>84033947
Based on the amount of surveillance they are under, even short conversations can be potentially very damaging if anyone heard. All it takes is one slip up on the phone and if the FBI is listening, someone could be going to prison for 30 years.

Thats why you see Tony and Johnny Sac talking in person under the Brooklyn Bridge and only saying a couple sentences to each other. Its things they cant risk saying over the phone, or in earshot of other mobsters who may use the information heard against them.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.