[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else get the feeling that they jewed the ending in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: falling-down-5100203fea503.png (424KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
falling-down-5100203fea503.png
424KB, 1000x562px
Anyone else get the feeling that they jewed the ending in the last minute?

>American dad gets sick of being a wagecuck for mr Goldberg, wants to return to his family
>105 minutes of dropping redpills that make a viewer go like "he's goddamn right", as he travels back home

And then basically a 5 minute scene that shows us that he is abusive sociopath, killing sympathy for him in 90% of the audience.
>>
Still very satisfying "angry white man" kino
>>
>And then basically a 5 minute scene that shows us that he is abusive sociopath, killing sympathy for him in 90% of the audience.

I guess that's one way of seeing it. If you weren't paying attention troughout the entire movie that is.
>>
>>84030757
>>84030801
whats some other angry white man kino?
>>
You're an idiot. They show hints of his unsatble mental stae as far as the neginning of the movie and he pretty much tells you he's the bad guy with his speech after killing the neo-nazi.
>>
>>84030757

No because it was obvious from the start
>>
>>84030852
>tells you he's the bad guy with his speech after killing the neo-nazi.
but he kills the neo-nazi?
>>
you missed the point of the movie

its about an angry dipshit control freak and a total asshole - normal socially adjusted people never empathize with D-FENS

I love the movie because its such a great idiot filter, you ask someone about it and if they say its "redpilled" you can just throw them in the trash instantly
>>
>dropping redpills
>he kills the nazi guy

yeah, how about no.
>>
>>84030869
>I love the movie because its such a great idiot filter
Law Abiding Citizen is the same way.
>>
>>84030876
This just proves my point. You can't deny he was 100% right about everything, just very angry for a reason.

And then like two scenes convince you "its about an angry dipshit control freak and a total asshole", as if that's supposed to make you feel bad for ever symphatising with him.

This movie is a perfect filter for idiots susceptible to simple brainwashing techniques
>>
>>84030902
neo nazis are trash
dude was the embodiment of neo nazis, too scared to do anything so the best he can do is praise anyone thats got some balls and lock himself in his little shrine
>>
>>84030869
and then proceed to imply he's too far gone and will kill his wife

>Did you know, Beth, that in some South American countries it's still legal to kill your wife if she insults you?
>>
>>84030951
>American dad gets sick of being a wagecuck for mr Goldberg, wants to return to his family
he was a well paid defense contractor for the government, you moron
>105 minutes of dropping redpills that make a viewer go like "he's goddamn right", as he travels back home
this was the ruse and you fell for it

d-fens was shown to act irrationally from the very opening, we were told early on that his wife divorced him because of that.
both d-fens and prendergast were force fed shit by everyone around. but prendergast was the only one that held it together and was not morally compromised. d-fens just snapped and started aggressing people. even what he did was cathartic and done to assholes, he had no right to do it. you are wrong, op.
>>
>>84030757
>>84030757
>>84030757
I think at that point, he took the best ending available to him. It was murder/suicide right? I like that movie but the last time I've seen it was probably 20 years ago. It's one of those movies that's good, but just so painfully ugly you only need (or want) to see it once, like Deer Hunter.

I believe the detective came to talk to him about cooperating for a reduced prison sentence and he realized he didn't want his kid to visit him behind bars for the next 10+ (but probably way more, something like life) years. He went for his gun and they shot if I remember right.

At that point, you're better off going out with a bang rather than living the rest of your life in slow torture, as both your dignity and every last shred of your reputation is destroyed. Also having a daily battle of threat, bluff, and bluster just to keep from being robbed or raped (San Quentin would be no place for a Jewy accountant type guy).
>>
The whole point of this kino is to trick you into sympathizing with what you think is an everyman character going about his day exacting just revenge on familiar annoyances. It then pulls the rug from under your feet and reveals that he was actually the bad guy, while Prendergast is the actual protagonist of the story. The moral of it is that the actions of D-Fens were stupid and destructive. Watching his rampage should be a guilty pleasure, in that while waving around a gun at a burger joint as a response to a substandard hamburger may appeal to some childish part of you, you're still supposed to acknowledge that it's not something you should ever do. Because this kind of behavior ends with you floating in the ocean with a bullet in your chest like D-Fens.
>>
>>84031777
>Because this kind of behavior ends with you floating in the ocean with a bullet in your chest like D-Fens.
Sounds good to me.
>>
every time I forget about the breakfasts menu bullshit and walk in there before 10am I think of this movie and having an uzi
>>
>>84031848
breakfast menus are the only good thing about fast food burger joints
>>
>>84030826
Gran Torino
>>
>>84031777
why do we have to label everything? why cant it just be a story about a guy having a shit day?
>>
>once he built missiles, nation's defense
>now he can't even give birthday presents
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.