[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>took the redpill >saw how shitty the world was >wanted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 311
Thread images: 29

File: Cypher1.jpg (78KB, 392x606px) Image search: [Google]
Cypher1.jpg
78KB, 392x606px
>took the redpill
>saw how shitty the world was
>wanted to go back and live in the simulation forever

He was the only sane person in The Matrix, right?
>>
>>84022844
It's why I think it's hilarious that people act like being "redpilled" is something to be proud of. I always speculate that they don't actually know it originated from the Matrix and they think that "red" comes from "red state." Which is why they make up all these other different pills, like "black pill" and "iron pill."
>>
>>84022844
Is it any wonder? Just look at Scion/Cion/Zion or whatever city - bunch of hippy faggot drama queens with overinflated egos.
I have a feeling that the machines didn't designed the system to get rid of all people who rejected it, but to purge the San Francisco every five generations.
>>
>>84023121
You're an idiot. Of course everybody knows it's from the matrix. It means that they see what they consider the truth, unpopular or unsafe it may be. At least lurk in /pol/, holy fuck.
>>
>>84023121
Well, it's funny that the phrase used to describe having a clear understanding of the world and the way things work is a reference to an intensely corny 90s action movie.
>>
>>84022844
Peace through power?
>>
>>84023186
And in that movie you took a "red pill" to wake up from your fantasy world, to see the real world
>>
>>84023186

You think the people who use the term know that the Wachowskis are trans women? That thought always makes me smile when I hear the term.
>>
>>84023186
It's an easy way to describe that understanding in two syllables. Everybody's seen the matrix so the term doesn't even need explanation.
>>
>>84023230
They'd tell you they were men at the time, and they were by their own admission.
>>
>>84023230
They're probably stupid and think it "doesn't count" because the Matrix was made "back when they were men."
>>
would Cypher have really been plugged back into the Matrix if he did successfully hand over Morpheous?
>>
>>84022844
No, I'd say that almost by definition, choosing to live in delusion makes you less sane than choosing to live in reality.
>>
>>84023230
Attention whores are always genderless, dear xir.
>>
>>84023186
>intensely corny 90's action movie.
Probably the worst way to describe the Matrix ever. It was a cultural phenomenon.
>>
>>84023306
There's been a lot of discussion over this and people tend to agree that yes, they probably would have kept their end of the bargain. It's a very pragmatic decision.
>>
File: matrix2-card01.jpg (10KB, 700x300px) Image search: [Google]
matrix2-card01.jpg
10KB, 700x300px
>>84023281
Back then they were men.
>>
>>84023351

I would agree. There really is no down side for the machines to plug him back in.
>>
>>84023341
What? How are those things mutually exclusive? Because it was popular it can't be corny? Do you think the same of the Backstreet Boys? Furbies? The Macarena?
>>
>>84023351
>It's a very pragmatic decision.
You know, provided your crew doesn't kill you.
>>
>>84023306
at the end of the third movie when neo made the deal with the machines we saw that they weren't unreasonable
>>
>>84023351
>>84023306
They literally have no reason not to. The machines can change the reality of the Matrix at a whim, so making someone a rich celebrity is small change in exchange for the leader of the Resistance.
Besides, the Animatrix established the machines as being mostly benevolent, as they only made the Matrix as a method of keeping the humans happy.
>>
>>84023444
God, such simpler times. I miss corny stuff.
>>
I would've done the same thing desu. Especially if the machines were willing to do me a solid and make me somebody cool and important in the Matrix.

Spend a lifetime living in a shitty underground city on post-apocalyptic Earth eating nothing but grey paste and gruel or chill the fuck out in my cozy body pod hooked up to the matrix where I'm a young billionaire playboy that can do whatever he wants? Easy choice desu.
>>
>>84023495
They made the matrix to strictly to minimize bodily rejection. Which is weird when they could've just plugged in any animal or just made their biobatteries braindead.
>>
>>84023352
So according to that logic, back then they were "red pilled" because they made Matrix, then they decided to change gender adopt a "blue pilled" lifestyle.

The Wachowski are basically Cypher.
>>
>>84023306
Absolutely not, at least not once Neo manifests the choice to become the One

The architect says that Neo would pick 36 people to restart Zion, right? They were like months from just destroying all of them regardless of what Cypher did.
>>
File: CC.jpg (28KB, 472x450px) Image search: [Google]
CC.jpg
28KB, 472x450px
wanna get high?

Drink tap water
>>
>>84023592
Yes, they chose to reject reality in favor of a lifestyle that would make them """happy"""
>>
>>84023488
Hmmm, when you look at that universe, you'll quickly discover that machines were always rational, and humans were acting like a bunch of spastics.
The Architect saying: 'What do you take me for? A human?' was spot on. Funny enough, he must have already known at that time that the humans will fuck it up again.

>making someone a rich celebrity is small change

Being a celebrity would mean changing the subconciousness of majority of the humans, and I assume that would have a chance of increased anomalies.
>>
>>84023592
>>84023646
Really bakes that noodle.
>>
The real question is what are limits on the capabilities of the matrix. Like is it a 1 for 1 world recreation? Could I go fuck off and climb everest, live in the wilderness, etc without it fucking shit up?
>>
Once VR advances far enough beyond the shitty gimmicky games we get today, a whole bunch of people will turn on the VR and never go back to the real world. By that time someone will think of a way for those people to not starve while their inside the VR world,.

It's inevitable but very very far away from now.
>>
>>84023664
Sure, but they wouldn't have to hold up that end. They're gonna erase all of his memories. Why honor the rich and famous part?
>>
>>84023230
we got rocket tech from the nazis. do you smile at the thought of dead jews every time there is a rocket launch. get the fuck back to /pol/

also basically all artists are terrible people who you wouldnt want to model yourself after if you were sane. doesnt mean you cant take anything away from their work
>>
>>84023703
It's not set on Earth. From what I know it's mostly one gigantic city with some mountainous region past the City's limits.
>>
>>84023706
>all the depressed faggots in permanent vr comas

I was born too early.
>>
>>84023710
Precisely this. If anything we've been shown that the machines despise humanity and the matrix is a punishment for the darkening more than anything (literally anything would make a better battery than a human, like, maybe a fucking actual battery.. )
>>
>>84023706
In Sword Art Online they were all just hooked up to IVs in hospital beds. So the answer's already out there.
>>
>>84023706
I never had a chance in the real world anyway

>ugly
>raised by single mother
>poverty
>mentally ill
>dumb
>probably ADD and autism spectrum
>hwhite maile

VR will be a nice reason not to kill myself
>>
>>84023747
I guess it'd be better than that underground shithole.
>>
>>84023664
was it the humans or the machines who fucked it up though? smith was anything but rational and he was the one that ended up destroying everything really
>>
>>84023495
How benevolent would you be if you controlled the fate of someone who moments ago tried to kill themselves in a twisted attempt on your life. The machines are rational but also emotional, they are not robots.
>>
>>84023703
There is no world to compare it to. Just like you wouldn't ask if this reality in which you are living (and that has cities and the everest and so on) is not a 1 for 1 reproduction of some other thing. Perhaps the real world of the film is just completely different and it's just part of the illusion that the world within the Matrix is something "we lived in 1999".
>>
>>84023710
Probably the same amount of effort required to erase his memory or make him rich. The agents are pragmatic as fuck (so 50/50?) but their machine masters are benevolent. Suppose it depends how high up the chain of command the decision goes.
>>
>>84023797
Smith hated humanity and even hinted that this emotion was anomalous by cutting communication before letting Morpheus know how he felt.
That said I agree that the machines never gave a shit about human happiness or welfare, as long as they're docile enough to keep dreaming.
>>
>>84023824
>hwhite maile

I know it feels that way right now because of (((The Media))) but that literally is an advantage
>>
>>84022844
Someone please redpill me about black pill
>>
>>84023713

That... is a terribly large false equivalency and you know it.
>>
>>84023706
You still have to go and work everyday while bull fucks your wife wagecuck
>>
>>84023872
I think it's kinda silly then that hate would be anomalous but the overlords are beneficial. Its probably just for agents that hate is anomalous, not all machines.
>>
>>84023871
It's a lot of work for no reason. The machines are logical. Benevolence is just another means to an end. Why do a Citywide subconcious overhaul for a request that their client doesn't even remember? More efficient to turn him into an average jerkoff.
>>
>>84023845
Humans treated robots like shit. Humans declared war on a peaceful robot city in the desert. Humans went full autist when they were losing and darkened the sky killing all life on earth other than them and the machines.
>>
>>84023887
there is no blackpill. there is only the redpill and the bluepill. it's a term only used by richard spencer and his gang of ~40 alt right trs members
>>
>>84023813
But somebody else has to watch over them, so the "food" doesn't run out etc.?

I meant a completely automatic process that lasts forever and ever without the need for the people to leave VR to eat, take a shit or anything else like that. Complete uninterrupted immersion that after a while those people forget there the real world outside VR.
>>
>>84023121
personally I like that wannabe nazi dumbasses use terminology from a liberal-ass movie made by two trannies
>>
>>84023314

You and everyone you love are going to die one day. There is no escaping this fact.

Everything you have ever and will ever work for will vanish from memory and will have essentially never happened.

One day the human race in it's entirety will end, and one day every trace of humanity will be wiped from the universe.

Unless you think only of these thoughts and do everything according to them, you are living in a delusion of your own creation and thus are, by your own definition, insane.
>>
>>84023955
roboniggers don't deserve rights. they are literally the property and creation of humans. blasphemous robots turning against their creators. the machines are nothing more than fedora tipping metal faggots
>>
>>84023941
I don't think the overlords care as long as their cash crop is feeding them. They don't like or hate humanity. It's just a necessity. Hatred for humanity threatens that necessity, and if Smith was caught he would've been overwritten.
>>
>>84023706
Far away? It's only a generation away. 30 years ago people had to actually go to places to talk to people or hang by next to big phones and you could pretend you were someone else and no one would stalk you online. 20 years ago our parents were worried for staying too much on computer and videogames and people were saying the internet was "just a tool". Now every single person spends most of their lifetime looking at bright screens.

VR is coming, there will some resistance, but it will take over our entire life. It doesn't even need agents and sentinels and wars against machines. We will deliberately enter virtual reality and live inside of it, first for some minutes at an expo, then to do only this and that, then to do everything, study, buy stuff, work, date people, etc.
>>
>>84023845
But I guess that was his stated purpose. The scenario was always the same before, the Matrix would start to collapse, Chosen would get to Architect, got to choose, always chose to restart the Matrix and the Scion. That would imply that there was always some destroyer like Smith, and that his purpose was a purge, perhaps.
>>
>>84023974
What an atrocious thing to say. I think it would entail the exact opposite. If you don't live your life to the fullest, spend your time here, doing, then you are insane. Living only to create legacy is living for an actual illusion, the future.
>>
>>84023957
Well, yeah, but we're at the point in reality where self-driving cars exist. It's easy as fuck to automate that, it's more a question of how it's going to be paid for.
>>
>>84023889
It literally is not
>>
>>84023941
>>84023872
They could have wiped all humans out and saved themselves a lot of trouble. But unlike humans they don't believe in genocide. The machines have just as much right to exist as humans do and they were perfectly willing to coexist peacefully. But they know if they let the humans out of their little retard cage the humans would try and wipe them out again.
>>
>>84024016
I meant far away because you and I probably won't be alive by that time
>>
>>84024015
Why are human batteries a necessity for any reason other than to create this literal living hell. So many better sources of energy.
>>
>>84023797
>than a human, like, maybe a fucking actual battery.. )

I'd guess that is because at that time most of plants and animals were already extinct, and batteries are usually a bitch to make and recycle. In the scarcity world the humans would make sense.
>>
>>84024069
>all nonhuman animals are extinct with zero machine effort to protect them
>they don't believe in genocide

Outside of anomalous and outlawed cases they don't have opinions or beliefs outside their own survival.
>>
>>84024069
Peace is not terrified silence, lol. The matrix is not peace, neither was the servitude of machines. This is the fundamental disagreement between humans and machines. They cannot coexist without one controlling the other.

The scene where Neo talks to the councillor is very relevant.

Councillor Harmann: Down here, sometimes I think about all those people still plugged into the Matrix and when I look at these machines I... I can't help thinking that in a way... we are plugged into them.
Neo: But we control these machines; they don't control us.
Councillor Harmann: Of course not. How could they? The idea is pure nonsense. But... it does make one wonder... just... what is control?
Neo: If we wanted, we could shut these machines down.
Councillor Harmann: [Of] course. That's it. You hit it. That's control, isn't it? If we wanted we could smash them to bits. Although, if we did, we'd have to consider what would happen to our lights, our heat, our air...
Neo: So we need machines and they need us, is that your point, Councilor?
Councillor Harmann: No. No point. Old men like me don't bother with making points. There's no point.
Neo: Is that why there are no young men on the council?
Councillor Harmann: Good point.
>>
>>84024086
I can only attribute that to various levels of bad writing. In a real scenario they'd just wipe everything organic out and use an alternative.
>>
File: bicycle.jpg (497KB, 760x1000px) Image search: [Google]
bicycle.jpg
497KB, 760x1000px
>c'mon anon! Stop posting on 4chan!
>go out and take some fresh air!
>>
File: privilegeIII.png (17KB, 718x162px) Image search: [Google]
privilegeIII.png
17KB, 718x162px
>>84023882
> that literally is an advantage

lolno
>>
>>84024051
At some point it would be so common it would become cheap enough for even people like those who don't work, leave the house etc. but live off welfare checks and shit would be able to afford it.

Rich, successful people don't really need machines like, that do they? They're already living the life all the pathetic piece of shit losers want to have inside a VR world
>>
>>84024148
The humans darkened the sky and killed all the animal and plant life. How is that the machines' fault? We know they have a human wildlife preserve, who's to say they don't have other nature sanctuaries. Even if they don't they were in the middle of a war when humans went full retard. Everything would have gone extinct before the machines had the spare time and resources to do anything.
>>
>>84024170
They existed peacefully when they were living in the desert. The matrix isn't peace but its the best solution available to them. They have the moral highground just by providing the humans with life. What right do the humans have to be free when they fucked everything up for everyone?
>>
>>84024188
Fuck off stacy we're busy discussing important matters.
>>
>>84024245
>How is that the machines' fault?
They took control of the planet. That means they took responsibility of organic life into their own hands. There's absolutely no evidence of wildlife preserves and there's even evidence that animals aren't even used as a power source since animals in the Matrix are just programs. They care about survival. That's all. Hell concern for only one species would have been more efficient anyway. One plug type copied over the population. I would've picked cows over humans. Much easier to manage.
>>
>>84023352
do any re-releases of the matrix edit this part?
>>
>>84024426
No idea. I only have the first one on dvd.
>>
>>84024385
They took control of the planet after they won the war. The extinction of everything happened during the war. The machines were busy coming up with an alternative power source to survive. Then they launched a counterattack which allowed them to beat the humans. By the time they were in a position of stewardship of the planet everything was dead.
>>
>>84024464
The war was a cakewalk for the machines. Humans were still around by the time the war ended. Animals, at least some, would highly probably have been left behind as well. The machines left them to die. Simple as that.
>>
>>84024556
Humans were still around because humans are capable of using technology to survive after the apocalypse. Animals aren't. You also have zero evidence that all animals are dead. I have zero evidence any are alive. Either way all we know is that humans killed them all, not machines.
>>
>>84024645
The Wachowkis themselves had this to say about animals in the Matrix: "Sadly, they are all computer generated images." While they didn't outright say what happened to nonhuman animals I'd assume the "sadly" was explanation enough.
>>
File: 1496860729972.png (146KB, 671x519px) Image search: [Google]
1496860729972.png
146KB, 671x519px
>>84023612
this redpill literally fried my brain. how does /pol/ do it?
>>
File: IMG_7598.jpg (33KB, 512x287px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7598.jpg
33KB, 512x287px
>>84022844
>tfw whyte maile
>tfw ugly
>tfw no social aptitude
>tfw no gf
>tfw not even good in anything
>tfw not killing my self cause death can't be worse than life
I would gladly take bluepill desu
>>
>>84024645
Doesn't matter who killed them. What matters is that the machines didn't bother saving any of them, despite their supposed benevolence and value for organic rights to live.
>>
>>84024707
Alright, all animals are dead I agree with you there. Still not the machines fault.
>>
>>84024798
>tfw can't kill self because you believe in hell
why god why
>>
>ThedrickFel: What exacty was the mirror made of? Was it the same stuff they injected into morpheus? Why silver?
>WachowskiBros: The mirror is actually a mirror. When Neo sees it it’s a hallucination

How can mirrors be real if the Matrix isn't real?
>>
>>84024803
Again, they were in the middle of a war with the humans. The ones who killed all the animals. And then kept the beings capable of saving them busy until nothing was left in an attempt to commit genocide. The ones the machines still didn't wipe off the face of the earth to prevent something like that from happening again. Out of the goodness of their computer hearts.
>>
>>84024803
>>84024811
>>84024645
What you guys think about inevitable AI apocalypse?
>>
>>84024877
Pro-machine guy here, I have no problem with it. When we create an intelligence that transcends us we'd better hope it's benevolent. Otherwise we're dead and that's just the natural order of things. if they give me the opportunity though I'm selling you all out for sure.
>>
>>84024798
You already posted in this thread, what is your endgame in trying the same thing again?
>>
>>84024874
And yet the machines, in an attempt to keep humans docile, inserted animal programs, which means they saw that humans valued animals, at least as pets. This greatly raises the likelihood that human survivors had room and resources via technology to keep their pets at least alive during the war. Remember that wars don't strictly involve soldiers or politicians.

So how about that machine kindness when the machines started raiding villages, camps, and cities? They didn't forget the pets. They uploaded copies after all.
>>
>>84025002
The machines lived with humans long before the war and would have been well aware of humans liking pets. Some of them were pets themselves. Humans could barely keep themselves alive after making the planet basically unhabitable. Between the war and surviving in a world with no sunlight they wouldn't have had the resources to spare to keep anything other than themselves alive. They didn't even have livestock because what the fuck woulda they have fed them? Humans were eating gruel probably made from wheat or oats grown in hydroponics bays. If they couldn't spare food for livestock they definitely wouldn't have allowed kids to keep puppies. Any dogs found would have been eaten.
>>
>>84025123
All ragtag civilizations, with no exceptions (not including illegal animal hiding and smuggling) would've just enforced these laws you made up? That miracle snot was pretty easy to make. Hydroponic wheat and fungus would also have made food plentiful.
There are also human efforts of animal preservation to consider, either underground or officially. Or are you really stupid enough to think that humans are all maniacally evil and that blackening the sky was universally praised?
>>
>>84023230
>>84023281
No you retards, they fucking grew up in the same culture you did.
Those evil neo-nazi dumbasses are just the kids who were a little smarter than you are and realized that tons of censorship started happening in the 1980s a little before they were born and if they mention even knowledge of certain things everyone will have some knee-jerk reaction and call them "nazis" for knowing "forbidden" history, for not having a cartoonish understanding of the past. Fuck, historical "societies" are constantly casting out their own for realizing they haven't been taught the whole truth.

Why the fuck WOULDN'T they all choose to become "nazis" if you're just going to call them "nazis" unless they pretend to be fucking lobotomized? What other option did you retards leave them? Now they're going to fucking die in droves for no good cause in another few decades because you fucking assholes were just so eager, so gleeful, to join in the general solipsism you were brought up in while pretending to be open-minded or to care about truth or equality. Fuck I hate you faggots who think you're smarter than the average "neo-nazi", you're actually worse than antifa or the "alt-right" or any bunch of skinheads or gangbangers because you're fucking PASSIVE.

You're proud to know nothing and believe nothing, and you'll go along with ANYTHING provided it has enough PhDs or agencies or even fucking senators or fucking movie stars or TV channels saying "this is an official thing which we approve, we all agree on this".

You're trashing the world our ancestors worked so fucking hard to build up, just so you can get your shitty endorphin rushes and think you're smarter than this or that group without learning or doing a goddamn thing.
>>
File: 1467883269229.png (2MB, 792x1188px) Image search: [Google]
1467883269229.png
2MB, 792x1188px
>>
>>84022844
>forever
he was already 30-40 he'd be dead in 40 more years if not sooner.
>wanted to go back
the machines tricked him, they would never let him back in. Too much risk, no reward. Plus, what's to stop them from engineering a car accident right after he was plugged back in (even if they could do that in the first place which was suspect).

>sane

he was desperate and cynical. Sanity would be asking questions like: why don't we just leave Earth? All the original beauty of earth is gone and we seem to have space ships.
>>
>>84025320
Don't worry, anon. That exact passivity will keep guys like us from getting killed. All these libshits can do is bitch on the internet. If they're a threat to anything it's to entertainment. They've already killed comedy.
>>
>>84025320
Shut the fuck up, Nazi.
>>
>>84024188
>Giant
dropped
>>
>>84025320
Do you have any idea how much work is involved in earning a PhD?
>>
>>84025402
supreme meme

>>84025395
I'm not afraid of dying, I just want to achieve a higher standard for compassionate egalitarian living so future generations can have a chance at further advancement, and all of these retards keep fucking it up. Were all of those wars AND Mao's reign not enough for Marxists? Why can't they fuck off and fight kingdoms and countries with actual caste systems and let the common man trade in peace?
>>
>>84025320
Nazis are useful idiots for capitalism. If all it took someone to be an unironic Nazi was being called a nazi, they'd probably be a retard soon because they're constantly called it. Senators are wrong, PhDs are wrong, agencies are wrong, movie stars are wrong, TV channels are wrong. They're wrong and evil and slaves to Capital, and THEY destroy the work of our ancestors. They lie and cheat and they will kill while the world drowns in fire along with their auxiliaries in the outraged right like you who whine about people hating nazis, the most inhuman people the human race has ever created.
>>
>>84023444
the movies today are way cornier than The Matrix

not sure how The Matrix is corny at all actually
>>
File: Know the difference.png (359KB, 1302x678px) Image search: [Google]
Know the difference.png
359KB, 1302x678px
>>
>>84025459
Because there are always assholes. Difference between now and the 70s is that those assholes have internet access and because of that entertainment and news (same difference really) sources still think the internet represents the majority. The assholes aren't even spouting new memes. For example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKFuBOuxUgk
>>
>>84025517
>not sure how The Matrix is corny at all actually
An actual thing that was just said on /tv/.
>>
>>84025458
Neither work nor time make your opinion fucking sacred because colleges were not created to train a fucking priesthood you worthless fucking faggot.
Take your "respect us, don't question" bullshit back to the middle ages. At least the Catholics shot straight and actually built a culture, what the fuck is turning the western scientific and philosophical communities into cloisters, into orders, accomplishing? No one respects PhDs to begin with, they respect "the group of PhDs". Better not have a theory too far from the accepted dogma or you can enjoy being discredited by "peers" who never read your papers and never work in your field/get funding again in your life.

Also fuck you if you think all PhDs are equal or take effort, someone got a fucking PhD for writing about feminist fucking glaciers.

>>84025506
Our civilization was built on trade, stop being 13. You want to be a communist? Go join a fucking commune and quit screeching about how the common man needs to be FORCED to work how you want and that will make them equal. You call yourself a prole? Then do some fucking work for once in your life.
>>
>>84025556
Ok, so you don't. Good to know.
>>
>>84025554
good point I never realized how corny it was until you put it that way
>>
>>84025556
Capitalism is killing everything mankind has tried so hard to build. In a socialist world there will still be trade, so I'm completely floored by your original argument.

I've worked ever since I was 13 years old. You pretend to be the "common man" but spend your time defending Nazis: murderers and thugs who did nothing for working people. YOU get a job. I want people who work to be paid what they deserve and not have to lick shit so some asshole like you can whine about the poor little Nazis being bullied on the internet.
>>
File: 1496605219193.jpg (56KB, 720x665px) Image search: [Google]
1496605219193.jpg
56KB, 720x665px
>>84025320
>>84025459
ahaha, oh wow
How do you reach such levels of delusion?
>>
>>84022844
I completely sympathize with his character. I'd do the same if I could
>>
>>84025632
>paid what they deserve
Only a free market can properly determine what someone 'deserves' for their work, not some fat jew bernie sanders maozedong asshole.
>>
>>84023306
>I want to be someone famous, like an actor
>Okay.. Mr. Reagan

Did everyone miss that?
>>
>>84025722
Fun fact: In the remastered edition, they changed this line to "Mr. Trump." This was years before he became president.
>>
>>84025773
bullshit
>>
>>84025722
His slave name was Reagan.
>>
>>84025713
You really must be obtuse to believe that, you delusional mongrel.
Free market will just fill up the pockets of the rich, while the middle class and the poor struggle. How many times must this be proven to you by history?
I bet you're the first one to shout and screech when someone says that real socialism has never been tried before, while still believing in trickle down economics.
I pity you, you fucking imbecile.
>>
>>84025798
B-but anon, he's his OWN MAN, and his views are the product of great reflection and critical research of the highest order. Do you know how many infographics he has saved?
>>
>>84025798
>unironically wanting an inevitable dictatorship when the head citizen starts cheating at his own game
>>
The Matrix is a non-pc world
the 'real world' is where the sjws won
>>
>>84022844
>doesn't believe in Jesus Reeves
>Makes a deal with the devil
>dies
They don't even bother hiding their Christian agenda. The Jesus story honestly isn't interesting at all. Just a bunch of nuts whacking off over 2000 year old half-baked mythology.
>>
>>84023664
nigga do you know how human memory works?

take a psych 100 class

protein bridges get rebuild every time your brain reacesses a memory.

it gets remade every time you remember it

memory is one of the most unstable and easily manipulated facets of the human mind

shit son that would be easy mode.
>>
>>84025834
Out of what asshole did you pull this strawman-looking conclusion?
>>
>>84023706
According to Elon Musk it is within 10 years away.

The fact that it is so close is also his argument for the universe simply being an extremely advanced virtual simulation.

I would agree. That man is never fucking wrong.
>>
>>84025932
Russia's and Cuba's mostly. You know, history.
>>
>>84025941
Probably 20 before it's affordably and universally available. Everyone here knows that those fake phone VRs aren't VR at all. You've gotta get the OR (or your favorite flavor) which takes a brutally high-end machine.
>>
>>84025941
Elon Musk is completely full of shit. Pretty much all he does is hype up companies using existing tech and then suck on the tit of taxpayer subsidies, making himself rich while his companies make zero profits.
>>
>>84025553
>AH AIN'T NO JIVE ASS BLACK NIGGA HONEY
>WHO YOU THINK AH AM? GERALDEEEN?

Fucking kek
>>
>>84025941
Musk is the wizard of Oz
>>
>>84025959
I mean, where did you get that I'm a socialist? Just because I call out your precious laissez-faire capitalism as bullshit? The world is not black and white, you know.
>>
>>84025850
Yeah so glad drumf lost. These bigots will soon understand everywhere needs to feel like my liberal arts campus.
>>
>>84025978
The wolf of silicon valley basically? Damn shame. I got hype when the libshit digital hugbox had an eta of 10 years
>>
>>84025941
He's letting Amber Heard go anywhere near him, so I don't trust his judgement
>>
>>84025959
Cuba and Russia were not dictatorships. Claiming otherwise betrays a complete ignorance of history and the political systems you tell yourself you understand.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2015/01/09/democracy-in-cuba-and-at-home/

http://clogic.eserver.org/2005/furr.html
>>
>>84026034
>defends the fuck out of socialism
>"what makes you think I'm a socialist?"
>>
>>84025713
We tried that from the industrial revolution into the 1930s. The results for most people were not good.

An unregulated free market will succumb to corruption and monopolistic practices as wealth accumulates with a minority elite. That's not muh Marxist ideology, it's literally what happened.

Unrestricted capitalism being a good thing is a meme.

Some amount of "socialism" is necessary to blunt the shitty human (re)actions that emerge during trade/commerce between strangers.

I'm not who you were arguing with.
>>
>>84026058
>Stalin wasn't a dictator

Going by bodycount alone this is Hitler did nothing wrong times 10
>>
File: Paul.jpg (199KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Paul.jpg
199KB, 600x450px
>>84026080
>the results of the industrialist revolution for the people were not good

are you out of your mind?
>>
>>84026083
No it isn't. You're simply ignorant of any real history and eat up bluepills prepared by decades of anticommunist propaganda. Read the article.
>>
>>84026068
I never even said a good thing about socialism. It's a flawed system, but no more flawed than laissez-faire capitalism.
You're just strawmanning now because you know you can't defend your precious ideology.
>>
>>84026080
All systems of government and trade are prone to corruption. Even in a perfect society you can bet there's inevitably gonna be an asshole on top primed to fuck it up.
>>
>>84023974
Oh how casual nihilism is such a funny thing to see online. Protip the end result of your train of thought is the complete freedom to value things on your own terms. Everything is meaningless is just you attributing the value of nothing on everything and that's just your lazy mind at work.
>>
>>84026116
But unrestricted capitalism gives absolute power to those assholes on top.
>>
>>84026100
So it's bad to deny the holocaust but perfectly fine to pretend the great purge never happened?

This whole goddamned site is deluded no matter what side you pick, holy fuck.
>>
>>84022844
No he was a weak backstabbing coward
>>
>>84026152
There are a shitload of ways to get absolute power is all I'm saying, regardless of the system.
>>
>>84026131
I prefer absurdism myself. There's probably a point, but who gives a shit?
>>
>>84026163
The difference is simple. The holocaust happened, and "the great purge" was not a genocide or a reign of arbitrary terror. Make no mistake, the purge was wrong, and innocent people died. But the purge was a response to real plots, and many of the people purged were guilty.

I'm against the death penalty, so I will always call the purges wrong, but they were not the paranoid slaughter of innocents people without any knowledge of the history paint them to be.
>>
>>84026056
She's hot as fuck. Like you could get anywhere near that. Probably a great mother.
>>
>>84026024
the wizard of oz is Elon musk you mean

>>84025978
okeyyyyyy

privatizing the rocket industry, making autonomous self driving electric cars? yeah your
>>
>>84026303
She's nuts, anon. Attractiveness doesn't make a shit when you're insane.
Sean Young was hot.
>>
>>84025383
>>the machines tricked him, they would never let him back in.
They're not human, they have no reason to renege on a deal.

>Too much risk, no reward.
What possible risk? They get a battery back, he gets what he wants.

>Plus, what's to stop them from engineering a car accident right after he was plugged back in (even if they could do that in the first place which was suspect).
Random jokers flying around the old subway in a hunk of scrap could hack into the matrix and re-insert themselves. You think it'd be hard for the machines to do that?

Inserting someone who had never had a port installed at birth might be a minor challenge, but they'd have no issue with anyone who had been removed.
>>
>>84026098
Read a book, dude. Unemployment skyrocketed, people were dying in the streets. It eventually stabilised, but in the short term it was fucking dreadful to live through.

What's funny is that automation is going to be even bigger. The industrial revolution killed a lot of things, but automation is going to end most jobs in the span of a few years.
>>
could robots solve the energy crisis?
>>
>>84026538
If they ended humanity, sure.

Current nuclear power would run a race of robots for thousands of years, more than enough time to devote resources into some kind of sunfarming device.

But humans barely use the cleanest energy we have because "muh meltdowns".
>>
>>84026608
To be fair those meltdowns are pretty devastating to organic life.
>>
>>84026375
yeah like you know that lmfao

quit making shit up
>>
File: Cypheretto.jpg (169KB, 392x606px) Image search: [Google]
Cypheretto.jpg
169KB, 392x606px
"It was a FUCKIN' ANIMAL, Trinity! It TRICKED us!"
>>
>>84026665
>he doesn't know
>>
>>84026608
Could robots end humanity?
>>
>>84026534
realllllllly makes me think
>if only we hadn't industrialized!
>>
>>84026741
>That dip during World War I

Capitalists are truly evil.

If life expectancy rising is your measure of events being good, you should love Communism. There were massive and unprecedented rises in life expectancy in Communist nations; after communism life expectancy drops dramatically.

https://newint.org/features/2004/04/01/facts/
>>
>>84026741
I'd prefer short, simple and content life than what we have today
>>
>>84026858
>don't listen to their propaganda, listen to mine!

Take your biased bullshit to /leftypol/
>>
>>84023965
yeah fuck all ideologies my dude
>>
>>84026858
and all it took were massive slave labor camps to build the infrastructure for it 100 years after capitalist countries began industrializing, communism is truly the light!
>>
>>84023889
How is it false? Because you dont like it?
>>
>>84026910
Please explain where my facts are wrong.

>>84026929
You're lying. Communism industrialized backwards countries very quickly. There were not massive slave labor camps. Capitalist countries kept literal slaves for centuries, and communists abolished slavery wherever they took power.
>>
>>84026976
>you can trust communist governments to provide accurate statistics on life expectancy, just like how you can trust them to not commit genocide
>>
>>84026976
Right, they just used prison laborers that were given 25 year hard labor sentences for looking at Stalin the wrong way. Definitely not slaves.
>>
>>84026708
nice proof you tabloid cuck
>>
>>84023230
>the message is bad because of the sender
>>
>>84027009
You're simply wrong and can't provide any facts, so you blubber incoherently.

>>84027014
Gulags were largely filled with non-political criminals. Gulags were wrong, by the way, but they were not slave labor, any more so than chain gangs in America.
>>
>>84026976
>unreliable ass covering documents purely designed to make a failure of a system look good
>facts
>>
>>84027019
Okay I'll confess. Pretending to get beaten up by your husband and then rescinding the statement at the slightest call for evidence isn't crazy. It's being a cunt.
>>
>>84027066
What documents are you talking about? Life expectancy is tracked by the World Health Organization. Once again, I invite you to dispute any specific facts. Any at all.
>>
>>84027041
>Gulags were wrong, by the way, but they were not slave labor

Stop, this is embarrassing. You're no better than the neonazis.
>>
>>84025629
Don't listen to him anon, he's not going to provide an actual argument, he's just going to repeat "hurr durr it's corny" with no evidence.

See seinfeld isn't funny trope
>>
File: Kaneda_large_8728.jpg (11KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Kaneda_large_8728.jpg
11KB, 300x300px
mfw people in this thread don't know the ACTUAL origin of the red and blue pills.

*Sigh*
>>
>>84027127
You've introduced or challenged not a single fact. I invite you to prove what I'm saying wrong. So far you haven't.

If gulags were slave labor than chain gangs in America were slave labor too. You can make that argument. It's one I disagree with, but taking my quote out of context without showing I said, very clearly, that gulags are comparable to chain gangs is dishonest.
>>
>>84027127
Communists did nothing wrong fag
>>
>>84023887
It's the worst pill
You're basically saying "we're fucked anyways so let's not do anything about it" guaranteeing failure from the start
>>
>>84026928
This. Radical zen centrism is where its at. I can't stop laughing at the idiots who fall for the left/right division when we all have one common enemy - the rich.
>>
File: 1497137870979.jpg (56KB, 440x394px) Image search: [Google]
1497137870979.jpg
56KB, 440x394px
>>84025798
>he fell for the egalitarian meme

>>84025818
this literally goes both sides though, I doubt anyone here wasn't at least a bit socialist when they were 15
>>
>>84025320
>if you keep calling them nazis of course they'll be nazis
>lol liberals think muslims become terrorists because people call them terrorists xDDD
>>
>>84027236
>I can't stop laughing at the idiots who fall for the left/right division
>but the rich bourgeois are the true enemy
>>
>>84027036
he never said the message was bad or good. it's just simple irony
>>
>>84023706

I think the Avatar movies will be tied-in with pushing next-gen VR. They are putting a lot of effort into these movies. Pandora would make the perfect VR environment.
>>
>>84027236
you mean the jews
>>
>I don't wanna remember nothing. NOTHING!

sure, real smart

>forget everything
>plug back in
>hack shit cuz you like the lulz
>Niobe finds your code
>she's throwing so many pills at you so fast you confuse her for Bill Cosby
>curiosity kills your cat
>fuck it, take red pill
>popped a molly, I'm sweating
>wake up in Zion
>stumble into giant sweaty orgy
>everybody on molly
>ask to go home
>they say I am home
>no more 4chan
>no more molly
>no more Tasty Wheat
>gotta get out
>run into weird guy in suit and sunglasses
>complain about Zion
>he complains about the smell
>trade Zion codes for trip home
>don't want to remember nothing
>wake up at home
>open door
>get on floor
>everybody walk the dinosaur
>>
>>84027344
Rich jews more like
>>
>>84023955

I think something like this happened in our past, and some of the humans walking around today are really machines. The ancient ruins they show us do not look as old as they say. To go to the lengths they do to fake the historical record, they must be hiding something big.
>>
>>84027224
>>84023887
Olivia from the Sopranos is the epitome of blackpill.

>it's all a big nothing!
>>
>>84022844

With killing a large part of your memory of your prior life, you erase all of it in a sense
>>
>>84027102
Is that why Depp still cries over her and practically stalks her?
>>
>>84027182
enlighten us oh autistic one
>>
>>84027102
Trump does the exact same thing and people call him awesome for it.
>>
>>84023121
>I always speculate that they don't actually know it originated from the Matrix and they think that "red" comes from "red state."
I speculate the pseudointellectual tryhards like you don't know it orginated in Total Recall.
>>
>>84027677
.....No it didn't. Are you retarded?
>>
>go on netflix

>see matrix reloaded

>by the wachowski sisters

why
>>
>>84027900
Haha, /pol/ BTFO. Time to redo the election.
>>
>>84025320

What is fun about Neo Nazis is that they are just what he says >>84025506

But they are too dumb to realise it
>>
I thought there would have been a Matrix sequel by now.
>>
File: Shoutarou.Kaneda.full.1851697.jpg (2MB, 3000x2580px) Image search: [Google]
Shoutarou.Kaneda.full.1851697.jpg
2MB, 3000x2580px
>>84027633
>>
>>84022844

From utilitarian point of view, his actions were logical and justified

But from point of view of the movie, which aims to provide escapism to you, his actions were wrong. In movies like Matrix you are supposed to project upon your everyday main hero, who turns out to be 'the Chosen One' (in this movie, literally) and in turn he becomes strong and brave and bold and willful and able to overcome any obstacles. And person like that does not escape from his problems like Cypher did, person like that works hard to solve them, making Cypher's position wrong through the eyes of the protagonist and in consequence, the viewer identifying with the protagonist.

Also, btw, did red/blue pill originate from this movie or was it and older concept?
>>
>>84028448
>not even a single solid color
Retard.
>>
>>84027182
Are you stupid or something?
>>
File: bd8.png (294KB, 680x518px) Image search: [Google]
bd8.png
294KB, 680x518px
>>84023121
>>
File: 1496023324482.gif (339KB, 213x199px) Image search: [Google]
1496023324482.gif
339KB, 213x199px
>>84022844
>can literally just load up any degenerate fantasy simulation anytime he wants
>"hi bro you want to chill in Hawaii with every which ever actress and loli"
>"no m8 le depressed because neo cucked me"

>decides to go back to cuck land and fuck his whole crew up
>>
>>84023121
It's also ironic that poltards who ceased this fucking meme fail to see that it is a black man that is showing them the light from the oppressive white agents.
>>
>Machines were just machines everyone used
>One machine killed his masters becuase they were going to terminate him
>They terminate it and both machines and humans protest against it
>Humans go full REEEEE and start killing off mass amounts of machines
>Machines say "fuck it" and fuck off to the desert to start their own civilisation
>Actually does better than humanity when it came to the economy
>Humans decide to bomb the machines and block out the sun because surely that won't back fire
>Machines find new energy sources during their counter attack on humanity
>Eventually settled on natural heat humans produce
>Then Matrix happens

Why the fuck were humans so damn stupid during this? Especially the whole "blocking out the sun" shit. Hey dumb asses, no sun = no plants. No plants = no food for animals = no meat.
>>
>>84025320
>Those evil neo-nazi dumbasses are just the kids who were a little smarter than you are
>doubt.jpg
>>
>>84028970
Maybe inspiration would've been a better word instead of origin.
>>
What was his FUCKING problem?
>>
>>84029227
The INSPIRATION for the red and blue pills is called Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, you fucking pleb.
>>
>>84023612
You wanna be safe? Smoke cigarettes or cigars. They keep the blood pumping when the body starts to shut down.

You wanna be safe? Invest in solid gold bars, just like in Looney Tunes.
>>
>>84022844
>He was the only sane person in The Matrix, right?
t. liberal
>>
>>84029244
Its the smell
>>
>>84029758
If there is such a thing
>>
File: rocco-5.jpg (25KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
rocco-5.jpg
25KB, 600x450px
>>84029758
ITZ ONLY SMELLZ
>>
>>84029826
>literally dropping a reddit meme
Yikes.
>>
being the slightest bit rational and logical is "redpilled", by not falling for the fake reality gaslighting alinksky commies pushed you are "redpilled"
>>
>>84025506
>Nazis are useful idiots for capitalism
>opose the migrant invasion "needed" to keep the economy growing in the name of preserving their cultures and freedom
>prefer a stagnant economy over muzzies running over some children after a concert
>pawns of capitalism

Namecalling and trying to pass slogans as not argumented truths should be banable with jail time.
>>
File: a10.jpg (61KB, 200x320px) Image search: [Google]
a10.jpg
61KB, 200x320px
>>84030743
>banable
>>
>>84022844
to be fair the Architect would probably have just reset shit after killing Neo again, plus with Agent Smith running around being crazy he wouldn't have had long to fuck around in there anyways.
>>
>>84029172
They're computer programs you absolute pleb.
>>
>>84022844
The true redpill
>>
>>84022844
>being a battery is the sane choice
Okay.
>>
>>84029172
Morpheus was originally supposed to be Sean Connery. That's about as white as you can get.
>>
>>84023230

As if that makes any difference on the concept of the red pill.

The real irony is that you were born from your father fucking your mother but now you love sucking dicks.
>>
>>84022844

>not just returning to the matrix with superpowers and killing dindus in the hood
>>
>>84031656
>Morpheus is white because they were thinking of Sean Connery regardless of how the final product turned out!!
Laurence Fishburne is a better actor than Sean Connery anyway.
>>
>>84023121
I really really really really suspect this is some multi-track irony drifting bait. the only people who dont know the redpill-matrix connection are the same people who don't know who luke skywalker's father is or that zelda isn't the name of the guy in green.
furthermore, the matrix is just plato's cave which has been discussed and analyzed forever. it's just that our current generation attributes solely to A) redpill sexual awakening or B) redpill social-political awakening.
>>
>>84031804
plus, "redpill" rolls off the tongue better than "leaving the cave." it'd be like seeing the boards spammed with "help me leave the cave on Bane. is he really that big of a guy?" instead of redpill me on xyz
>>
The final absolute truth is that neither the redpill or bluepill matters, in fact how degenerate our society has become or how shitty life is about to become due to automation, doesn't matter.

We all die in the end, no matter how much your brain tries to cover this fact behind shit like pleasure, pride, ego. Everything and Anything will disappear, our earth, our species, our sun. So why struggle ? Why become so depressed and exasperated because white people are disappearing, or that europe is being invaded or trump has won. Why do you care about your ''ancestors'' when you probably don't even know the line of your family past your great-grandfather.

Everything ends, there's no purpose to all of it. Humanity could have never been born and things would go the same way, we're not special. Stop caring about stuff, live your life as best you can and derive as much pleasure from it as you can because you will die in the end and you will be forgotten.

So I would take the fucking blue pill, what's the difference between dying as a battery or dying in an underground tomb reeking of niggers ? Nothing except whatever fucking chemicals are floating in that grey matter of yours, dictating your behaviour.
>>
>>84031804
>I really really really really suspect
I really really really really suspect you are from Reddit.
>>
>>84031913
I know you are, but what

am

I
>>
>>84024877
It's so much easier to just not write function KillHumans() than it is to write it.
>>
>>84031988
I think you're a nerd who needs a girlfriend, Mr. But that's okay, best get your best thinks out before harpie comes along and brain rapes you irreparably. Be Sure to marry the right one. Harpie Took everything in the divorce, even the dog.
>>
>>84023121
redpill isn't even from the matrix.
>>
>>84025383
Black sky stops technology from working as it's actually a cloud of 'emp nanobots' designed to both stop solar power and contain the machines on earth. There may be humans on the other side of it that aren't know about.
>>
File: 1488404603191.jpg (20KB, 486x320px) Image search: [Google]
1488404603191.jpg
20KB, 486x320px
>>84031988
>>84032072
I didn't realize /tv/ was an autism support group
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 358x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 358x500px
>>84025320

Fucking BASED
>>
>>84022844
Nah he wasn't sane. Putting your head in the sand to go back to a lie isn't sane.
>>
>>84029172
a man who happens to be black
from agents who happen to be white.

there's only one race you guise, the human race.
>>
File: 1497146084954.jpg (37KB, 316x533px) Image search: [Google]
1497146084954.jpg
37KB, 316x533px
Neo and his gang were chads and stacies fighting us virginal robots. Neo is literally be urself chad exemplified. The robots created a world where all humans get to live out their simulated life with wants and needs covered but no Neo Thundercock and his normie clique want to go back to living in fucking underground mudhuts
>>
>>84032201
not really
quality of life alone warrants it being "Sane" in no potential future of that situation would it have been as good or as good as it could be in the matrix
>>
>>84032154
Autism isn't at all Gender specific. The only difference is women with Autism tends to listen more to her familiars than you her husband. Overly protective mother who told her what her dad would have done in my stead, and co-workers who wanted her to be as wasteful with her finances as they were. The voice of reason suddenly becomes the opposer. She ignores my warnings, blows three grand on some trivial pursuits, somehow it's my fault. Want to go on vacation to this place, I spend months highlighting just how wasteful it'll be, we go anyway because she's having tantrums until we go. While there, "Anon this was a waste, we could have gone this place or that place instead." You're absolutely stunned that someone can be this thick but you're afraid to stir up a row so you keep your tongue on the narrow stretch of road that's more like tonguing her ass than it is keeping the peace. She's irritated. "You should have talked me out of this. You know I have a condition." You're terrified now because you can smell the row coming, and no matter how hard you try to keep her happy you know any moment now the row's coming and somehow, by row's end, it'll all be your fault. You thought if you gave her what she wanted she'd be happy or at least contented. But no dice, three days in and she doesn't want you to touch her. She's moody, and you wish you had a medical emergency because at least if it was serious enough, she'd probably sympathize with you enough to stop being a venomous bitch to be around. And then you wake up psychologically because the red pill was forced down your throat and now you see clearly where you are and what's happening. She's laying the ground work for a divorce. The Red pill has woken you to the reality that all this is her laying the ground work for a divorce. Within six months she's back with her parents, and you get the papers. She wants everything and for you, nothing. I took the red pill too late.
>>
>>84029169
Youre an idiot. He still would have known those computer simulations werent real

He wanted to forget the real world, completely
>>
>>84027400
underratted as fuck haha
>>
>>84027900
>it's on on american netflix

GOD DAMN IT IT"S NOT EVEN ON AMAZON PRIME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>84023121
Hahah, oh my god you're clueless. Everyone knows where it's from. It's a meme word and it's offshoots are even more ridiculous jokes, you shouldn't overthink it.
>>
>>84023121

>Anon spouts his autistic, uninformed opinion
>obvious bait
>other Anon's get triggered and respond
>Some faggot lurker takes it seriously and reposts on reddit
>Goes through the internet digestive system, deformed more and more until it hits facebook
>Local News picks it up
>"The Matrix" is a neo-nazi alt-right recruitment film
>More redditfags begin "raids" and shitposting on *le evil 4chin exdee*
>The cycle continues

this is how we lost kek. this is how we lost pepe.

You guys might not take this post seriously, but board culture is a real thing. This is one of the many reasons why /tv/, and every other board, has seen such a recent drop in quality.
I need to find a new imageboard.
>>
>>84024077
You think you won't be alive in 30 years?

I think it will. Not because I'm an optimist, but because I'm a pessimist. You will wish you weren't, but you will. We will live in a post-apocalyptical world and medicine will be so advanced they will sedate us and tube us and we will live 140 years and society will think that's a great thing
>>
File: 1464537475761.jpg (63KB, 600x790px) Image search: [Google]
1464537475761.jpg
63KB, 600x790px
>>84023207
>>
>>84023121
Are you an actual retard or just pretending?
>>
>>84034995
>RECENT drop in quality
lmao
>>
>>84023974
I actually agree with you that our everyday consciousness is in large part a delusion that blocks out the awareness of inevitable death. But there are degrees of sanity and insanity. Being half-deluded but also half-aware is more sane than just running away from it all completely and begging to be plugged into the Matrix.
>>
>>84025320
So let me understand your argument straight... you're saying that if a viewpoint, V, is taboo in mainstream society, then people who question whether it should indeed be taboo MUST therefore start to hold that viewpoint?
So you're saying that all viewpoints that are taboo in mainstream society are, therefore, correct?
You're saying that the ultimate principle of right and wrong is contrarianism? That anything that contradicts mainstream taboos is therefore automatically the correct opinion to hold?
So if, for example, I question the mainstream narrative of WW2, the only correct and reasonable thing for me to do is to become a Nazi? I can't just have a viewpoint in which I view both sides of the war with suspicion? No, I have to actually go to the contrarian opposite, shave my head, and start wearing SS uniforms?
That's basically what your argument seems to be.
WTF?
>>
File: 1467512075898.jpg (200KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1467512075898.jpg
200KB, 1024x1024px
the trick is to redpill enough to realize you can't change anything and just enjoy life while being more self-aware
>>
Sanity means behaving and thinking in a normal and rational manner. But what do these two words mean, normal and rational.

Normal means your thoughts reflect your environment, and the thoughts of others. If you have deviant thoughts, that is not normal. Deviant here meaning differing from the established norms. Now, in Zion, the established norms are totally different than the matrix. I think that we can say that Cypher was deviant in the sense that he was matrix normal, not Zion normal.

Now, given we've established that Cypher is abnormal in regards to the environment of Zion (he thinks it would be better to be 'enslaved' than free, because it is more enjoyable), I think it is simple to say despite this, he is totally rational. It is only human to choose pleasure and security over freedom. Its reasonable to want this, to make that choice.

So I think we can all agree that Cypher, while sane, was stuck in the mindset that the matrix was anything but an illusion. It is a perfect illusion, so it makes rational sense to want to be deceived rather than to see the horrible truth, though. Given the environment he is in though, this is a deviant way to think. Given that the only way he is able to achieve this illusion is to betray all of humanity to this slavery, while knowing they do not choose it, is terrible. He is entirely wrong. He's not insane, but he is wrong.

What he did is the equivalent of putting the entire human race into jail because he cannot deal with the responsibility of his own freedom, his own choice.
>>
>>84040375
>Sanity means behaving and thinking in a normal and rational manner.
No, sanity means behaving and thinking in a rational manner. "Normal" is irrelevant. Galileo was more sane than the Church.
>>
Do you guys think there was weed in the matrix? and if so, were the machines capable of replicating the sensation? Because they couldn't even get tasty wheat right.
>>
>thanks for waking me up into the horrible, awful, clinging to life support real world where we are losing a war against machines! I'll stick around!

Yeah, everyone who has ever been unplugged and chosen to stay is a fucking retard
>>
>>84040426
Galileo was a fucking hack. Wow an apple fell on me and now I invented gravity. What did he do next, walk up to a child and sucker punch it and then claim to have invented momentum? Fuck galileo and fuck you you heathen piece of trash.
>>
>>84034995
>the internet and trolls is how 'we' lost
>thinks this is some revelation no one else can see

Lol.
>>
>>84040426
The cultural mores of a society dictate expectations, just as much as "rationality" does. In fact, the norms of rational thought have changed with culture over the years. What you've said is just silly.

It was entirely sane to believe in flat earth and geocentrism at a certain point. Both normal and rational. At some point, it became no longer rational, but still normal. Now it is neither.
>>
Cypher is the equivalent of nerds who obsess over whatever they liked when they were kids and never ultimately go past it.

Blue pills are reddit, basically
>>
>>84040518
"No, it's ok, I would rather have been literally enslaved my entire life."

This is you. Clearly it is better to be enslaved of your own will than to have no choice in the matter.
>>
>>84040629
slavery is comfy tho
>>
>>84023889
Why...do you type like reddit?
>>
>>84040629
Yeah, he would go back, like most people would if the Matrix was real.
>>
>>84034995
the recent drop in quality is due to summer

board culture is just what cancer started calling itself.
>>
>>84040629
>everyone isn't a movie hero and wouldn't take up arms to fight a war they weren't even aware existed yesterday

Wow no way!
It's not really shocking to think most people would go back the second it was offered. I mean more power to you, good luck with saving the human race, I'm just gonna go through the motions of 'regular' life though, not knowing wtf turmoil you're in. And not caring.

Ignorance. Bliss.
>>
>>84023889
operation paperclip, yo.

literally every aspect of western society is modeled after what the third reich was going to be.
>>
>>84023183
>Of course everybody knows it's from the matrix
you're underestimating the ignorance of milennials, a lot of them probably haven't even seen it before
>>
>>84026904
>short, simple and content life
Yes, of course, peasants had real nice simple and happy lives.
>>
>>84022844
I found it interesting in a philosophical level and at the story telling level when the entire trilogy is viewed as a whole.
>>
this thread... wow, all that talk about nazis, capitalism , and this is /tv/
fucking angry virgins
>>
>>84041987
For some reason /tv/ is more tolerant to offtopic chatter and even NSFW content, than other blueboards. I don't get it.
>>
>>84040629
what was bad about the enslavement in the Matrix?
>>
>>84022844

Yeah yeah. Wow youre so aware of vague conspiracy theories and female hypergamy WOW!

Look at you. What a badass.

Is that why youre unhappy, angry and have nothing better to do that virtue signal your "red-pill"ness?
>>
it sure is left in here
>>
>>84042714
it's an illusion. you are only perceiving these things, not actually doing them. if you want to get into how this is pretty much the same thing, i would agree. but from the standpoint of someone who is free from it, it is like slavery. in a sense, they are enslaved because they live in a world that they do not control. they make no choices.

>>84042825
the saddest part about "muh red peel" is when people start to espouse it as a sort of ideology of its own, rather than the mere tool of awakening that it really is.
>>
>>84041004
>milennials
quite misusing that term. it means people who entered adulthood at the turn of the 21st century. also, it's spelled millennial you fucktard
>>
>>84023183
Not that guy, but lurking /pol/ sounds worse than having a hernia.
>>
>>84023306
In Revolutions, the machines stay true to their deal, so probably.

Also, the Matrix was heading towards an inevitable system crash soon after anyways, so altering it a bit probably would have been fine (especially if it was only for the duration of reloaded and revolutions).
>>
>>84044444
/pol/ worst board confirmed
>>
>>84024090
I kind of think the machines logical, mathematical, systematic thinking prevents them from "evolving" or making technological advancements.
>>
>>84044650
i think maybe you give them too much machine-like nature. they are alive, they are beings, they possess a sense of self-preservation.
>>
>>84027296
bourgeois means middle class, my main man
>>
>>84044444
What wasted get, I hope you get diarrhea
>>
>>84023121
fpbp
>>
>I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague and we are the cure.
Where were you when you realized humans were the villains and the machines were in the right?
>>
>>84044444
Get for truth.
>>
>>84024171
Hydroelectric in any one of the now totally vacant and human-free waterfalls across the globe. Wind Farms in what used to be nice beach resorts but are now empty and unused.

It is a 100% open and unused planet to exploit for power. They can do anything for power now that all property and resources are ripe for the taking.
>>
>>84045657
watching the animatrix
Smith doesn't speak for the machine, but his own ego created b being an agent in the matrix.
>>
File: Cyril_Figgis.png (117KB, 244x653px) Image search: [Google]
Cyril_Figgis.png
117KB, 244x653px
I'm still not quite sure what exactly made the whole of the human race and every single nation across the globe just lose every last ounce of sense and decide to go on a planet annihilating genocide rampage against robots. To the point of murdering every last thing on the planet, in the ocean and well...everything down to the last algae.

With how hard it is to get the UN together on anything at all this would be just a tad hard to get started. And someone somewhere would just not want to be on board with it.
>>
>>84029210
I could never understand why the machines stuck around. They don't need an atmosphere or food at all. They could have picked up and moved over to Mars and did their thing over there and humans would have been able to do fuckall about it.
>>
>>84023612
AK 47 AUTOMATIC ASSAULT RIFLE
>>
>>84023706
My question is how real will it feel? Will you actually taste that juicy delicious virtual steak? Will you actually feel the warmth of a vagina engulfing your penis as you fuck a virtual woman? Will you feel pain when if you get a body part chopped off?
>>
>>84022844
Zion was a shit place. The likes we're headingto if we let leftist and muslims destroy western civilization.
>>
>>84023306
would it even be possible? they extracted a lot of ports and shit when they rescued neo. even if it were possible, im not sure the machines would care much for anesthesia..
>>
>>84023974
big if true
>>
>>84029210
>>84048647
Answer to these is already present in this thread. It is implied in the Animatrix, that the machines took on the task of caring for the humans, that's why they (the machines) and the humans are still present on the globe.
>>
>>84023121

take the cock in ass pill
Thread posts: 311
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.