[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Marvel, dare I say it, finished? Joking aside, I absolutely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: wonder_woman_main.jpg (297KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
wonder_woman_main.jpg
297KB, 1280x640px
Is Marvel, dare I say it, finished?

Joking aside, I absolutely loved this movie.
>>
A better Marvel than Marvels but a lesser DC than DCs.
>>
>>84017855
this was not a DC movie, it has Marvel all over the place, which is why i hated it
>>
Any good rips yet? China got this movie right, Korea?
>>
>>84017855
it was good, but pretty damn formulaic.
>>
File: IMG_0632.jpg (188KB, 640x402px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0632.jpg
188KB, 640x402px
APOLOGIZE
>>
>>84017855
very cool. can't wait for my wonder woman inspired geekcrate and nerdbox to arrive.
>>
I hated it. The only way my opinion of this movie would improve is if the lovely shaped director did some very mean things to me.
>>
File: Wonder_Man_Vol_1_1_9268.jpg (46KB, 306x467px) Image search: [Google]
Wonder_Man_Vol_1_1_9268.jpg
46KB, 306x467px
Only one hero can save Marvel now.
>>
>>84017855
People will watch a new Star Wars movie no matter what.

Comic book movies don't have that power at all, with a few exceptions such as Batman.

It's Hollywood's own fault. They have pumped out so many shitty comic book movies that people don't care any more. I've lost track of how many stupid spiderman movies they have made. Or unnecessary remakes of 80s or 90s comic book films.

Wonder woman works because it's original, it's not a rehash. And even if there are past wonder woman movies, they are dead and forgotten to 99.999999% of people.
>>
>>84018433
>They have pumped out so many shitty comic book movies that people don't care any more.
The genre has never been as strong as it is right now. You're talking absolute nonsense. A movie with a tree and a talking raccoon has grossed $838m and is still climbing.

>Wonder woman works because it's original, it's not a rehash.
It's the First Avenger 2.0.
>>
>WW gonna beat GOTG2

Marvel is dead
>>
>>84018732

That's the secret for DC. Just remake Marvel movies with the gender or raced swapped.
>>
>>84017855
I really enjoyed it, too. My only real complaint was that I wanted more Themyscira. It was gorgeous.
>>
>>84017895
Its equal or better than than Ironman 1. I never quite remember when i cared about characters when watching capeshits. Gadot and Pine chemistry is amazing.
>>
>>84017855
Just got back from seeing it with the wife.
Pretty good, but it was basically the 5th Element
>Girl out of her element with guy that is smitten with her earnest and naivite
>Girl is total badass
>Comfortable with nakedness
>Speaks multiple languages
>Has long, ridiculous name that is shortened
>Destined to stop ancient evil
>Collects ragtag group to help stop
>Casualties and first hand look at war leads to rift between guy and girl
>Main antagonist is puppet/tool of ancient evil
>His death stops nothing
>Love saves the day

That being said, anyone know the timeline of her birth? The movie made it look like she was the only one aging, which suggests she really was mid-twenties, but I don't see how ares stuff could have happened any more recent than Constantine. Did zues impregnate hypolleta years later?
>>
>>84018377
>Wanting that fucking firefly guy in a title role in marvel
God no
>>
No, capeshit won't stop anytime soon.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.