[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Saw this on netflix and thought I would revisit it since I enjoyed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: grinch live action.jpg (402KB, 800x445px) Image search: [Google]
grinch live action.jpg
402KB, 800x445px
Saw this on netflix and thought I would revisit it since I enjoyed it as a kid.

>Cindy Lou Who is the main character, is like 10 years old, and has no excuse to not realize "Santa" is the Grinch
>The Grinch has a tragic backstory about getting picked on
>The movie faithfully recreates Dr. Seuss' unique visual style (everything is crooked, colorful, and asymmetrical) but it just doesn't work in live action
>The Whos are gross mouselike creatures, which, again, doesn't look right in live action
>There is a racist joke
>There is a bit where the Grinch falls and his face lands in a lady's cleavage
>There is a joke about a man's wife cheating on him
>There's a stupid subplot where Cindy's mom wants to have the most christmas lights on her house (who is she, Clark Griswold?)
>Several cringey jokes that aren't funny at all (Grinch arguing with his echo, a recreation of the scene in the mask where he tries to scare the therapist)
>The mayor of Whoville kisses a dog's ass
>Lots of Jim Carrey just doing Jim Carrey bits, not acting like the Grinch at all

Holy shit. The worst part is the movie was dedicated to Ron's mother. If only she had died a year later so he could have put her name at the end of a good movie. It's a shame THIS is the one he dedicated to her.
>>
I forget what the racist joke was.
>>
such a bad film, don't understand why so many people love it
>>
>>84008047
The Grinch tries to hail a cab after destroying the Whoville Christmas tree, but the cab drives right on by him and he says "IT'S BECAUSE I'M GREEN, ISN'T IT??"
>>
>>84008062
I don't either. I posted on facebook once about how bad it is and someone unironically replied to me saying it was better than the 1966 animated film.
>>
>>84007994
It's a problematic relic of the pre-9/11 patriarch.
>>
>>84007994
If you were expecting a feature length movie based on a fucking 10 page children's book you're a moron. Just watch the animated version if you wanted that.
>>
>>84008147
what a cockhead
>>
>>84008147
You and me, let's go kick his ass. Where does he live?
>>
>>84008119
Green isn't a race
>>
>>84009200
>if you were expecting a feature length movie based on a 10 page children's book

That's exactly what it is though. My point is that it was never meant to be taken this seriously, and that's why this version is so bad.
>>
>>84007994
>10 years old when the movie came out
>shopping with parents
>told if I was being good we were gonna so see the movie
>my and my brother did something in the car to piss parents off
>it wasnt just an idle threat, they were mad and didnt take us.

I still havent seen the movie to this day because of it
>>
>>84009280
It was a woman
>>
>>84009311
Very interesting story. It's probably for the best.
>>
>>84009314
rape her then
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.