[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /tv/ hate Family Guy? I think the humour in it is actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Griffin_family.png (91KB, 320x251px) Image search: [Google]
Griffin_family.png
91KB, 320x251px
Why does /tv/ hate Family Guy? I think the humour in it is actually quite well-observed.

Is it because lots of normie teenagers like it, so you feel like you have to hate it because most of you are underage contrarians?
>>
>>84004117
>Why does /tv/ hate Family Guy?
I can't speak for anyone else, but the humor is just so simple. It's like YLYL threads on /b/. Or like adolescent humor... it's accessible, but it's just tired and simple.
>>
are we still doing the 'im gonna fuck the baby' posting
>>
This is worse than that time ______________________
>>
>>84004117
it used to be good, now it's just predictable.
next time you watch one of the newer episodes, just ask yourself "what's the most offensive thing I can think of in this situation?"
I guarantee you that will be the next joke
>>
>>84004117

Many of the jokes aren't in context ... and they're retarded.
>>
at least it has actual jokes unlike rick and morty
>>
>>84004117
I can't stand it because it's aimed squarely at people with ADD. It can't go a minute without shoehorning in a random joke.
>>
It's not hard to be deconstructive and cynical about everything in a "funny" way. It's actually adolescent and not enjoyable to be around.
>>
>>84004117
It's fucking family Guy...
>>
It's peak is around seasons 3 and 4 when the cutaway get self referential ("this is like that time Peter got in a fight with that hockey coach....oh wait, we dont have a clip for that...?)

It started going way down hill around season 7. Peter got massively Flanderized and the jokes became heavy handed. Also, way too unsubtle politically

Anyone that doesn't like early Family Guy is trying too hard though
>>
>>84004673
In other words you're a moron who takes part in pointless rituals and believes pointless, factually incorrect things and it makes you asshurt when people point it out
>>
>>84005196
Can you explain how that logically follows from my post?
>>
Around 2010 it tried to get really deep and serious with dramatic issues. Which is really off putting for a slapstick offensive college humor series.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.