[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what did we think of season 5? I thought the shifts in tone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: oitnb_501_unit_01053_r_crop.jpg (101KB, 970x647px) Image search: [Google]
oitnb_501_unit_01053_r_crop.jpg
101KB, 970x647px
So what did we think of season 5?

I thought the shifts in tone made it very hard to take seriously.

> "lol what should our nickname be."
> "SHE WAS MURDERED".

The show jumped the shark during that Magic Mike shit.
>>
>>84000310
It's a shit show. The creator created Weeds, which also outlived its premise by a few years. The media's fear of being perceived as anti dyke or racist prevents them from ever giving it a bad review. It will be on for sixty seasons.
>>
I just finished the episode with Taystee's backstory about how she was so intelligent growing up but became disillusioned because she went to an elite private white school for a day and after that she stopped trying.

What fucking garbage that bullshit was. They were literally pretending that the reason the SAT gap between blacks and whites was because all Whites go to private schools designed to help them succeed and blacks don't have working computers. I've been to inner city schools, they have computers, tehy have libraries, they have all the same fucking resources that my suburban public school had. The only difference is that we didn't have loud niggers disrupting class every 5 minutes.

when this show isn't trying to be political I rather like it actually but when they start getting preachy it really is fucking unwatchable.
>>
>>84002170
That's Watson, not Taystee
>>
>>84000310
Honestly it was a pretty terrible season.

The riot was fun, but it dragged on way to long and lead to some plot holes. (Big Boo going from a faux lawyers, to having a affair, to breakup just doesn't work within the 3 day span)

The Black girls were literally only there to be a BLM proxy. Everything they tried came across cringe and the writers trying to hard.

Also, the cliffhanger was really weak compared to last season. The guards suddenly turning into murdering monsters makes no sense, and again came off as BLM pandering. (aka all police will murder you, never mind we are actively ignoring lawful orders)
>>
>>84002170
Didnt you know all white people go to school in palaces and are super rich? This wonderful mary sue black girl is going to throw her inteligence and future away because her feelings were hurt by a bad cover of Arethra Franklin and go and be a criminal. Its all whiteys fault. BAKA DESU SENPAI
>>
>>84000310
I honestly want to see the feds/state comedown hard on the responsible parties next season.

Killing a guard and then inflicting sexual assault on the guards should mean max for many of the involved parties.

However, I'm almost positive that the meth heads burning the records at the end of the season is going to be a way out for the writers. The prison was so horribly managed that I'm betting they didn't have computer backups.
>>
It went full SJW this season.

The previous 4 seasons had sjw elements in them but this one the writers decided to go all out.

The sheer amount of "Die CIS scum" this season got old really quick.
>>
My thoughts on season 5

All the flashbacks this season were bad except Freida.

The Blonde guard is so hot. So is skinhead Helen out of character.

The strip scene was very well done and unexpected.

Ouijas impressions of the other inmates was great.

I actually liked Piscatella and found him to be pretty sympathetic (until the completely unrealistic torture stuff) and I'm surprised there is no outcry about Red queer-shaming him about his table setting hobby.

Hopefully next season there's more Kukudio, less Suzanne.

I used to love Morello but her character has run its course for me.

The Coates/Dogett relationship is pretty interesting, I think goes well with the shows theme of redemption and it's unlike any portrayal of sexual violence I've ever seen in media.

The black girls are being written as clowns or angry stereotypes. It's unfortunate and lazy writing. The exception being Alison but I blame the actress for that.

You would figure after 5 years some of these girls would have taken some acting lessons.

Overall its a decent show with interesting characters and stories but they need to bring it back down to earth or its going to become too unrealistic to enjoy.
>>
>>84000310
It was enjoyable, but the tone was really off this season.

It seemed like the show struggled the entire season with if it wanted to be more comedy or more serious drama.

Also, it continues the narrative that all police/guards are inherently monsters and that they all deserve horribly deaths.
>>
better than the last 2 seasons at least
>>
>>84002429
>Killing a guard and then inflicting sexual assault on the guards should mean max for many of the involved parties.

I'm actually expecting most of the Latinos to get hit with capital murder charges. Season 6 could easily be them trying to avoid getting needles in the arm.
>>
>>84000310
When Blizz Blazz met Tastee Freeze and the shivved Stank Meats and Dodo in the media room, while Pee Pee and Little Outrageous called out to LaRhonda and Cheesesteak Julie to try to have Ruby Nono and Clean Tete stop them, I knew I waz watchin' qualitay.
>>
>>84002687
>Little Outrageous

LOL!
>>
>>84002068

only two more seasons, thankfully
>>
I want a fucking backstory for the two skinhead bitches.
>>
>>84003065

We'll probably get one next season
>>
>>84002170
> when this show isn't trying to be political I rather like it actually but when they start getting preachy it really is fucking unwatchable.
This show is preachy for the get-go it's a fucking low ball humor show for "woke" teen ager.
All of you drop that shit and get the fuck out of my /TV/
>>
>>84000310
I just want to know if there is any interesting nude this season.
>>
why are they all so thicc
>>
>>84000310
The whole Piscatella one man raid arc did not make any sense to me. What was his motivation? Why did he become murderous when last season he was just a tough guard.
>>
>>84005078
this
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.