[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Watch Get Out >Nice twist >Interesting symbolism >Riveting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

>Watch Get Out
>Nice twist
>Interesting symbolism
>Riveting suspense

All things considered, this is kino.

Now that the dust has settled what do you think?
>>
>>83984464

A solid movie with a bad third act
>>
>>83984464
>nice twist

it was predictable af though? they literally spellled it out halfway through the movie
>>
>>83984517
I've heard people say this so you're not alone.
How do you think the movie should have ended?
>>
It was great. People here hated on it up until they saw it. I liked that it was less "Evil whitey Is out to get us" and more "Liberals fetishize us and it's creepy"

It literally got our whole theater reacting positively to a black boyfriend strangling his white girlfriend. Myself included. It was just really fun and well made and I'm excited for the next thing Peele does.
>>
/pol/ memes aside, are Americans still that racially triggered? like she had to point out that she was dating a black guy

I live in a 97% white country so we don't have such racial tensions
>>
File: 1496310944910.jpg (114KB, 1225x706px) Image search: [Google]
1496310944910.jpg
114KB, 1225x706px
>>83984464
Dogshit, it had bad writing, bad acting, insanely predictable, but people think it's some masterful satire with subtle foreshadowing. It's not, almost none of the characters' decisions make any sense whatsoever.
>>
One of my favorite movies this year honestly, cool to see a horror film where the parts that stick with you aren't someone being chased or killed.

The idea of being trapped in a black void forever looking up at a tiny glimpse into someone living your own life for you is existentially horrifying. I love when horror movies give me that sense of dread and unease without it being directly about the main characters being at risk of death
>>
the movie is decent, but pretty predictable except for the ending. I figured the cops were gonna show up and arrest the main black guy. As it turns out, that WAS supposed be the original ending, until Jordan Peele changed it.
>>
>>83984542

I'm not sure but the great tension established in the first hour is almost completely diffused by the ending which features about a 10 minute sequence of a character being explained the plot (by the dude through the tv) before a completely tension-free escape through the house. The movie lost its uniqueness and relied on genre conventions for that final stretch.
>>
>>83984538

Up until the TV exposition scene, there was no indication that this was going to be more than just hypnosis. The reveal of the full process these people undergo was a pretty cool upping of the stakes even further
>>
>>83984538
Because everyone thought all they did was hypnotize black people
>>
>>83984781

I disagree, the way they filmed the operation scene was extremely tense. Those giant foreboding shots of the white guy's bald head taking up 3/4ths of the screen with that apocalyptic chanting music was one of the images from the film that stuck with me the most.

I do wish it would have ended with something other than him just killing everyone, but it was extremely cathartic and a good payoff in an action sort of sense. I think the most tense point in the entire movie comes when that cop car rolls up, when it was revealed that wasn't the cop from earlier in the film my whole theatre erupted into cheering
>>
>>83984874
>my whole theatre erupted into cheering

This. Plus everyone actually wanted the protag to choke out and kill the gf
>>
>>83984874
>I think the most tense point in the entire movie comes when that cop car rolls up, when it was revealed that wasn't the cop from earlier in the film my whole theatre erupted into cheering

Yeah that's because Peele copped out and changed teh ending to something that is far more palatable to mainstream audiences. Had he been shot at the end by a cop it would have been far more chilling
>>
File: IMG_0959.jpg (71KB, 833x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0959.jpg
71KB, 833x1000px
>>83984464
Race baiting, shit posting thread posted by a kino posting fucktard
>>
>>83984975
>Had he been shot at the end by a cop it would have been far more chilling

Originally he was just supposed to go to prison.

Also I think the house burned down too.
>>
>>83984781
>. The movie lost its uniqueness and relied on genre conventions for that final stretch.

I don't like horror movies that don't involve at least some genre conventions.

I mean, that's what makes horror movies fun rather than just terrifying.
>>
>>83984670
Jesus christ, I bet this isn't even shopped
>>
>>83985046

I guess that's a pretty big point of preference then. I want my horror movies to be horrifying.
>>
>>83985322

I was still more horrified by the end than I was with most other horror movies. The imagery of the sunken place and the idea of being completely trapped as you watch your own life unfolding by someone else's hand through a tiny slit of consciousness is one of my favorite horror visuals in a long time.
>>
>>83985425

That was a great visual, I agree with that for sure.

I just think when a movie sits a character down to listen to an explanation, which really just means the movie is explaining itself to its audience, it's never good. Having a character sit in a seat for 10 minutes while we have a plot twist explained to us is just very sloppy, boring writing.
>>
>beginning, thought it was they gonna kill him
>middle, thought slavery/hypnosis during the auction
>end, 'true plan', great twist

7/10, wasn't as DINDU NUFFIN as i thought it would be

should've ended with him getting arrested, zoom in on face, 'everybody hates chris' playing
>>
>>83985475
That was the alternate ending. Instead of the tea, it was the real cop

TSA guy visits him in jail asking what happened. MC says he doesn't want to talk about it and said he fixed it. Then he goes back to his cell
>>
>>83985564
Was the alternate ending filmed and released?
>>
>>83985684
Yes and yes on the DVD. I believe it's in YouTube too
>>
>>83985684
Yes and yes on the DVD. I believe it's in YouTube too

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5msq6s
>>
>>83986030
Thanks for the link
>>
>>83984696
THIS. Scariest concept in the movie. The scene where they're moving him to operating room and he's just watching as they do what they want (the brother even drops him or something and laughs it off). Thinking about the black characters already in the sunken place for who knows how long, makes me shiver thinking about it...
>>
It's redpilled as fuck

Even tolerant white people are secretly evil and want to kill black people. Shows white people for the monster they are.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.