[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I'm Mary Poppins y'all! Did this even have any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

>I'm Mary Poppins y'all!
Did this even have any context, or was it just a "hey look Disney reference huhuhuh!" moment?
>>
it's a nod to a previous movie
>>
>>83974190
Watch the movie.
>>
It was to show the characters lack of earth knowledge and make him endearing, also showed the fatherly bond he had for pratt
>>
Peter was making fun of Yondu gliding down like Mary Poppins does on her umbrella but Yondu had no context for that and just took it seriously, thinking Quill was complimenting him, so Quill ran with it because he really did respect and love his Space Dad and didn't want to let him down in that moment. And Yondu wanted to be cool for his Space Son so he ran with it.

That was it. It was the exact opposite of a pointless meme reference, it was the father-son dynamic that made GotG even a little bit worth watching in the first place, you fucking human trash. I bet your dad fucking hates you OP.
>>
>>83974190
You should probably watch the movie before you talk utter shit
>>
>>83974190
RIP fondu, you were the best part of the movie
>>
>>83974240
Yondu's last line turned a truly heartfelt moment to a meme, tho. Should have ended when Quill said "The coolest."
>>
it was pretty funny
you have to understand the modern audience absolutely loves references in their media. the sillier the better
>>
>>83974190
>i didn't watch the movie but i hate it
OP is once again, a faggot.
>>
Call it shilling for a living
>does anyone have any orange slices
>>
>>83974234
Yes
>>
HEMAYD BIN YUR FAHTHUR BYOY
BUHEWUDN YUR DYADI
>>
>>83974190
Yes.

Starlord said he was floating down like Mary Poppins.

He asked if Mary Poppins was cool.

Starlord awkwardly said yes.

>I'm Mary Poppins y'all.

Why you such a faggot OP?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.