[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With a properly respectful team behind it, that is going to do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3274.jpg (20KB, 256x197px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3274.jpg
20KB, 256x197px
With a properly respectful team behind it, that is going to do everything that they can to match its legacy, would you support an actual Seven Samurai remake?
>>
>>83970928
remakes are cancer.
>>
>>83970928
Yeah. The Magnificent 7 is a great fucking movie.
Ask about Yojimbo next, dingus.
>>
No. What's the fucking point? We already have Seven Samurai
>>
>>83971055
But we don't have a version starring an American.
>>
>>83971321
fuck off
>>
>>83970928
No. What does "match its legacy" even mean? There's no reason to make a shit color remake of a movie people still watch in its original form when the new film won't be made to add anything to the story, just ride Kurosawa's coattails.
>>
I'd be up for more samurai movies in the same style as Kurosawa but remaking his movies is pointless. And they wouldn't even be profitable because women wouldn't be able to understand it.
>>
>>83971321
lol you mean americans playing samurai? Because they made magnificent seven a few times already
>>
Magnificent Seven (1960) is better than the original.
>>
>>83971723
Wrong
>>
No.

Why remake an already great movie?
>>
>>83971771
The Magnificent Seven: 128 minutes
Seven Samurai: 207 minutes

The plot is basically the same, therefore Magnificent Seven is about 62% better.
>>
>>83971887
Wrong
>>
Are any of the Zatoichi movies worth watching? I ran out of Kurosawa samurai movies to watch.
>>
>>83972107
Watch Kobayashi's
>>
>>83970928
Snyder wanted justice league to be based on Seven samurai. It's a shame we may never see his Snyderkino
>>
>>83970928
Why not? Remakes of script-driven films are totally fine in my book, you can retell stories and themes endlessly and still be powerful. If they try to redo what Kurosawa did specifically thoough it would obviously fail

>>83971037
Yojimbo has a remake though, and is just as retold in action movies as Seven Samurai
>>
File: jlposter.jpg (559KB, 1382x2048px) Image search: [Google]
jlposter.jpg
559KB, 1382x2048px
Soon
>>
>>83972659
>Yojimbo has a remake though, and is just as retold in action movies as Seven Samurai
Yes. That was literally my point.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-05-20-00h48m18s649.png (325KB, 1280x528px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-05-20-00h48m18s649.png
325KB, 1280x528px
>>83971009
>>83971809
>>83972659
>>83973953
>>83971055
already been done

WHY IS /tv/ SO FUCKING PLEBBY?
>>
Remakes miss the point. The story is what is compelling, not the surface details. Remakes only really have one value, and that is to frame a story for a people when their culture becomes unable to get the context of the most recent version of the story.

The original is not so foreign that people today can't relate to it. So we don't need a remake for western audiences. Maybe India, the Middle East, Central Asia and Africa could benefit from a localized remake of the story though. Otherwise it would just be a redundant cash in.
>>
>>83974048
>Seven samurai in fallujia
I'd watch the shit out of that.
>>
>>83970928
Seven Samurai isn't even that good desu. Not even in top 5 Kurosawa films.
>>
>>83970928
What do you think A Bug's Life was?
>>
>>83974048

I've been cooking up a script for a modern Seven Samurai remake, with members of coalition forces gathered to help protect a farming settlement in Afghanistan from a raiding party. There would be a French character, an American, a Brit, etc. and the Kanbe role would be a grizzled old Russian leftover from the eighties.

But, I'm not anybody, so I'm not planning on doing anything with the idea.
>>
>>83971037
Yojimbo also has multiple remakes, pleb
Ask about High and Low next.
>>
>>83974233
Why not? Try writing and filming it and see where it goes. So long as you make it your own thing it's not like you'll ever not benefit from trying to make it, even if it never sees the light of day.

For what it's worth I'd watch any low budget film so long as it has an interesting story.
>>
>>83974233
Take that cultural context and remake Rashomon instead. Way more interesting, I think.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.