[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you could turn back time and remake Alien Covenant into something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

If you could turn back time and remake Alien Covenant into something else, what would you do with it?

It seems a lot of people feel like this movie ended up being something other than it should have been. What should've it been?
>>
That scene was so fucking retarded
>>
>>83967656
Prometheus 2
>>
File: 1494354333434.jpg (21KB, 250x351px) Image search: [Google]
1494354333434.jpg
21KB, 250x351px
>>83967656
Since I first saw the trailer I'd been wishing it was just a movie about a bunch of colonists settling a new planet and dealing with problems unrelated to alien, and maybe finding mysterious artifacts culminating in a mysterious forerunner race.

So something more like castaway or Gilligan's island but with a sci-fi setting
>>
I'd have had the whole movie build up to seeing the first Alien, then have MEW turn to the camera and go "You gotta be kidding me!" and then defeat them all with a jerry-rigged molotov cocktail.
>>
My idea for a better movie structure

>ditch the parts in which David shows Weyland his contempt for humanity so early. This is inconsistent with Prometheus David, which seems to try and mimic humans, not surpass them.
>Open the movie with a long social sequence in which the Covenant members have a humorous, but thought-provoking discussion about the idea of meeting aliens, and potentially a civilization more ancient than humans
>set up Shaw's husband as a likeable character
>this lets the audience become familiar with the crew, makes the disaster scene more tragic
>keep the disaster scene as an homage to Alien 3 (likeable characters dying right at the beginning)
>remove all scenes with neomorph infection
>have the crew just wander a dead planet for a long period, horrified at finding the remains of a civilization that died before they even arrived
>build up this concept of how enormous of a loss for humanity is that they found the engineers dead, unable to find any answers
>introduce David
>introduce the xenomorph late, have it kill the majority of the crew (which have not died because there was no neomorph bullshit)
>carry on with how Covenant actually wrapped up

I think this is only one variant of how it could've been a dramatically better movie
>>
>>83967797
*Shaw 2.0's husband, I mean. I don't even remember what that character was called even though she was the protagonist.
>>
>>83967797
I haven't seen Covenant, but the way you describe it sounds just like Prometheus
>>
>>83967816
Well there's a big part you're missing that's summed up in

>introduce David

You should avoid spoilers and see it for yourself first. As bad as it is, it has interesting ideas.
>>
File: 1488850636736.jpg (43KB, 600x637px) Image search: [Google]
1488850636736.jpg
43KB, 600x637px
>>83967656
>Remove any and all references to Prometheus
>Remove David entirely
>Only have them on the planet for 15 minutes for someone to get impregnated with a xeno
>Rest of the move is similar to the original Alien
>Suspensful sci-fi thriller with less action and shooting
>Crew must use wits and cooperation not brute force to defeat the alien as it picks them off one by one
>End with only Danny McBride surviving
>>
>>83967797
>homage to Alien 3
why
>>
>>83967898
It's important to respect a movie's history.

3 was a mess but it wasn't a mess because it killed off Newt and Hicks.
>>
>>83967700
>You actually thought this was clever

I'm sure it would've given you upvotes on Reddit kid
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.