[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what the shit did I just watch and why was it taken seriously

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: v1.jpg (21KB, 206x305px) Image search: [Google]
v1.jpg
21KB, 206x305px
what the shit did I just watch and why was it taken seriously by anyone?
>shit script
>shit acting (which is inevitable because of the characters' motivations barely make sense)
>>
>>83961622
The turn was too sharp for me to stay with it
>>
>>83961622
>shit script
It wasnt outstanding but i thought it was serviceable.
>shit acting
could not disagree with you more there.
Sudeikis was great. Hathaway did a fine job and Dan Stevens did as well.

Funny thing is, most of the peope who ive seen trash this film are the same people who bitch and moan about the MCU and how nothing is even trying to be original. Here we have a film with a pretty unconventional plot especially for movies involving giant monsters. It should be praised for trying something different, even if its not 100% brand new.
>>
Hathaway is my waifu
plz no bully
>>
>>83964628
Name an actress with more perfect tits in relation to body frame, I dare you

Pro-tip: for you
>>
>>83961622
Great movie, acting was good, my only problem is that her schoolmate went from friend to villian that kills hundreds of people really fucking fast.
scene when he destroys city, but we see only his legs and horror on Hathaway's face was great
>>
Some anon leaked the plot a while ago, can I get a quick story rundown?
>>
>>83961622

it's a chick flick and it has the elements that chicks look for and enjoy watching.
>>
>>83961622
>expecting anything less from the timecrimes guy

yall niggas got duped
>>
>a guy gives you a job, furniture so you dont live like a rat, lets you hang out in his bar, makes you feel welcome in a town where you have nobody to talk to
>fucking his hot friend in a heartbeat
fuck this rancid cunt
>>
I don't think I've ever wanted to stick my dick in a woman's mouth more than Anne Hathaway in this kino
>>
>>83961622
Welcome to the 2010s ... where every shit movie is hailed as "amazing."

This shit would have withered on the video store shelf in the '90s.

Shit movie.
>>
>>83964838
The whole point is that he's a creep - he's supposed to be one of those "nice guys". He does those things under the guise of helping, but is really ingratiating himself in her life so she will feel indebted to him. His true intentions come out early on because he's also an alcoholic.
>>
The point of the movie is they are arguing about trivial stuff but have major consequences far away- just like the US, the GOP and Democrat fighting and people of far way die
>>
>>83961622
dont let the dolts tell you otherwise
it was appalling and absurd
>>
>>83961622
I heard Hathaway say it was about toxic masculinity so I had no interest in watching some legbeard crap.
>>
>>83964810
Anne Hathaway is an deadbeat alcoholic and her BF cuts her off, so she goes back to her shitty hometown and gets a comfy deadbeat job in a bar, getting wrecked up and dicking around with high school hanger-on jason sudekis
At the same time a kaiju starts turning up and and wrecking Seoul.
We then find out that the monster is Hathaway, it appears in Seoul when Hathaway enters a playground, matching her motions one for one, and her drunken antics have led to the destruction.
The rest is spoilers.
>>
>>83964838
if anything the guy giving him anything sounds like a passive aggressive beta orbiter faggot
make your intentions clear or you get no sympathy
>>
>>83965910
>about toxic masculinity
I read that in an "analysis" after watching this shitty, annoying movie as well, and felt it was a dumb thing to say. The male antagonist is clearly mentally ill (psycopath), so his actions are signs of his illness, not "muh toxic masculinity".
>>
>>83966238
At first I thought it was supposed to be about how her alcoholism literally causes destruction for people around her.
Something like this.
>>
>>83966352
>>83965910
Doesn't she kill hundreds at the beginning and cause massive destruction herself while drunk? It's okay when women do it?
>>
>>83966472

She didn't do it deliberately
>>
>>83966489
Oh I didn't finish it, got bored half way through. Slow as fuck. I guess the guy goes evil or something?
>>
>>83966511

You're an idiot.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.