[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the most stupid movie I've ever seen. Why is this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

This is the most stupid movie I've ever seen. Why is this piece of crap named Mad Max if the movie isn't even about Max? Why would Joe's wives ran away from a life of luxury to a barren wasteland?
>>
>This is the most stupid movie I've ever seen
You've not watched many movies then
>>
File: mad fem.jpg (642KB, 900x1333px) Image search: [Google]
mad fem.jpg
642KB, 900x1333px
>>83953926
BECAUSE FEMINISM

THE FUTURE IS FEMALE SHITLORD GET USED TO IT

#IMWITHHER
>>
>>83953926
Are you european or something? Freedom is priceless.
>>
File: max.jpg (42KB, 636x404px) Image search: [Google]
max.jpg
42KB, 636x404px
I'll agree that it felt more like Furiosa's story, but Max just isn't well written or well acted. He's very bland compared to Mel.
>>
>>83954013
Well, Mel is better of course, but I actually think Tom was pretty solid. The first few scenes where he was trying to escape the citadel were pretty good. He just didn't have much to do on this movie other than the action scenes.

A Mad Max film with old Mel would have been way better though. It will never happen, but a man can dream...
>>
>>83953926
>Why is this piece of crap named Mad Max if the movie isn't even about Max?
only the first one is "about" max
>Why would Joe's wives ran away from a life of luxury to a barren wasteland?
cause as much as women aspire to be walking fuckdolls, they also want they're with to show that he gives a shit about them. one might think they felt guilty about the other people dying of hunger and thirst on the outside, or that they felt trapped in their lives, but both of those reasons are bullshit cause women want to be slaves. and they didn't run away to a wasteland knowing it was a wasteland, they thought that there was a "green place" cause bangable tranny cyborg furiosa brainwashed them

overall it's a 9.5/10 movie. you're just retarded
>>
>>83953926
Well yes, in reality the only way the women would want to escape is if Joe beat them daily but that didn't seem to be the case. Literally any chick would take up a job as baby factory for the sweet ass deal Joe was offering. Whole world's a shithole, man. However, we needed a movie to happen. There should have been some indication that Joe killed them or some shit if they popped out a deformed fucker, but even then he clearly cared about his sons enough to keep the big retard and the lil blob by his side.
>>
File: REDDIT.jpg (1MB, 1000x1429px) Image search: [Google]
REDDIT.jpg
1MB, 1000x1429px
>>83953926
>>
>>83954176
I thought that said "Red dirt"

Would have worked is what's crazy.
>>
>>83953926
Mad Max 2 wasn't "about Max" either.
He just got dragged into other people's problem, saved the day, and moved on.
Just like in Fury Road.
>>
I just watched it last night since it premiered on Syfy.

It was pretty good, but I thought it was stupid that they go all the way away from the Citadel only to decide to turn back around.

However, the ending was pretty Mad Max, in that he decided to keep going his own way instead of reveling in the glory.
>>
Yeah it shouldn't have been named mad max tom was hardy in it
>>
Who run barter-town?
>>
Not sure why you would watch a movie that was made specifically to cater to reddit.
>>
>>83954343
It's always good to see a post that means absolutely nothing
>>
File: Brazil_(1985_film)_poster.jpg (34KB, 403x300px) Image search: [Google]
Brazil_(1985_film)_poster.jpg
34KB, 403x300px
>>83953926
Why is this piece of crap names Brazil if the movie doesnt even take place in Brazil?
>>
>>83954343
Fuck off retard
>>
>>83953926
I remember when this board was filled with these bait threads around the time the movie came out.
inb4 someone posts that Eve Ensler quote and falsely claims she was a writer for the film
>>
File: MM2_TRW_0699.jpg (108KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
MM2_TRW_0699.jpg
108KB, 1920x800px
Road Warrior still can't be topped for post-apocalyptic fiction
>>
>>83954343
>/tv/ pretends to hate Mad Max now

Wew
>>
File: max.jpg (141KB, 1077x513px) Image search: [Google]
max.jpg
141KB, 1077x513px
we've come so far that max eats double-headed lizards and turns into sir gruntsalot without even for one second matching the charismatic performance mels delivered with his interpretation over 30 years ago

what a wonder also that whereas in road warrior everyone was hunting for gas because it was so rare and precious here this seems to be not an issue. even less so considering that the villain has a party bus in his entourage with a freak who plays a flame-shooting guitar. and all of the characters drive through the desert for days because re-fuiling is of no concern. gasoline seems to exist aplenty. water not so much, therefore the baddie advises not to get addicted to it. like you can go without i

the digital look of the film, combined with its use of CGI, makes it easily the ugliest film in the series maybe even of this year. the plot a plot? is basically non-existent and where it shimmers through (like zoe kravitz nipples through her shirt) it just proves to be ludicrous, in a film that feels like three hours because it's that repetitive. this is man of shit all over again: one action scene that we have to watch over and over and over. they're driving, shooting, explosions, driving, explosions, shooting, driving, shooting, explosions. after 45 minutes I struggled to keep my eyes open and awake due to it's lack of anything interesting
maybe miller should return to making animated films about dancing penguins
>>
>>83954475
Switch out normal people for Thunderdome and Patrician for Road Warrior
>>
>>83954475
Did you miss the part about gas town?
>>
>>83954516
I never liked the idea of Gastown and the Bullet Farm. Seemed like an easy excuse to not have to worry about fuel or ammunition, which are precious in RW.
>>
>>83954557
Okay, well, they exist in the movie.
>>
>>83954501
fuck off normie
>>
>>83954557

it's separation and balance of power, 3 overlords responsible for gas/food/water and none can outfox the other because he needs what they have
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.