[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are self sufficient slackers the true master race? While everyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: The-Big-Lebowski.jpg (656KB, 1431x771px) Image search: [Google]
The-Big-Lebowski.jpg
656KB, 1431x771px
Are self sufficient slackers the true master race? While everyone else is bustling around and stressed out their entire lives, only to end up old and bored, slackers can comfortably live a minimalist lifestyle and go wherever the wind takes them.
This doesn't includes NEETs who thrive on goodboy points. I'm just talking about the dudes and dudettes of the world, kicking back and just letting life happen.
>>
>>83953133
GOD DAMMIT WALTER! EVERYTHING'S ALWAYS A FUCKING TRAGEDY WITH YOU!
>>
>>83953133
How does the dude make money?
>>
>>83953176
I assume he's on some kind of government assistance.
>>
>>83953133

The dude had a better good life you must standards. The life of a modern day skacker is would be perceived as bliss by someone only a few hundred years ago/ 3rd world countries.
>>
>>83953133
self sufficient slackers usually lived in dumpsters instead of whatever condos the movie portrays.
>>
>>83953222
Like, what, man?
>>
>>83953133

THIS WILL NOT STAND, THIS AGGRESSION AGAINST UHH...... KUWAIT
>>
>>83953133
so I'm theorizing, but did the Dude just have a crazy-good deal for his place because the landlord was a total pushover?
>>
NO!!

https://youtu.be/RWW7kxECLrM
>>
>>83953297

I have no idea how I managed to fuck that up that badly, but I'm blaming autocorrect on my phone.
>>
>>83953133
PROTIP: Very few can accomplish that. And virtually *all* of them do it with family money, INCLUDING the ones who say they make a living as an author, musician, day trader, investor, land lord, or have a youtube career.

It takes a huge net of family money in most cases to be able to devote the time and effort towards making creative pursuits a career. And maybe 1/10,000 at a high estimate actually pull it off. Even more money to make day trading, investing, or land lording a career.

Virtually all of these dudes like to pretend they're self-made men, but when you begin to crunch the numbers. No one lives off of investments or rental properties who didn't' have a huge chunk to begin with.

It's like Trump pretending he's a business God when he was loaned many millions to make his business what it was, and if he got in the weeds, his dad always had the capital to bail out failed business ventures.

If your family doesn't have anything, you'll likely never live this lifestyle, and despite what they say, it's almost not possible without some type of handouts, either from the family or the government.

>>83953176
The dude is based on a quasi famous author and screenwriter. His character mentions it in passing that he lives of royalties from some books.
>>
>>83953133
Hard work gives you fulfillment. If you're not working hard towards something, you're probably not all that content with yourself.
>>
I just want a job I like
>>
>>83953452
Even a job you like will frustrate you a lot.
>>
>>83953391
THE PURPOSE OF MAKING DOSH IS TO GIVE YOUR KIDS A LEG UP ON THE NEXT ROUND

THEY CAN BLOW IT ALL IF THEYRE FUCKING RETARDS, OR THEY CAN MULTIPLY IT EVEN FUTHER

ESTATE TAXES ARE GOMMUNISM
>>
>>83953176
He's an ancestor of the inventor of the Rubik's cube. Not even kidding.
>>
The Dude is basically how most rich people live

The low/middle class think that enjoying your life wrong and you should always be working
>>
>>83953466
But far less than a job I hate.
>>
File: 1488945633327.jpg (17KB, 255x243px) Image search: [Google]
1488945633327.jpg
17KB, 255x243px
>>83953474
>defending silver spoonism
>>
>>83953566
That is true but it is still a job. It is something you are obligated to show up to and be emotionally invested in. That takes effort and effort is tiring. And even if it's an amazing job, you will always have a boss or someone there that you don't like.
>>
>>83953452
That's why I went back to school. I'm like 1/5 of the way finished with my ultimate goal degree, and when I am I won't have to pull bullshit wageslave shifts anymore. I don't care about money, I just want to do something I like that doesn't make me wake up with sore hands and feet.
>>
>>83953133
Few burgers, laughs, our fuckin' troubles are over!
>>
>>83953566
Noone likes their job anon, it's the reason they pay you to do it.
I pray you never try to make your hobby into your job. Several years into it, it'll turn into the thing you hated the most.
>>
>>83953523
>The low/middle class think that enjoying your life wrong and you should always be working

This is actually true in my experience, especially regarding the low class
>>
>>83953685
i dropped out of high school and worked all the usual unskilled labor jobs: telemarketter, retail sales, laborer, data entry. I ended up laboring for years because it paid the best. But it was horrible work.

Went to community college, got into uni, got into law school, graduate in october.

Feelsgoodman
>>
>>83953778
Good job, man. Just don't fall for the mid-life crisis meme, you'll only feel miserable at 40 if you don't keep moving forward.
Also, reddit formatting you faggot.
>>
No.

I was this, now I am overwhelmed by depression.
>>
>>83953133
This applies to some of my relatives. You can’t help but feel jealous of the neets.
>>
File: nkjdachvtkv8hcv5kz20.jpg (39KB, 620x470px) Image search: [Google]
nkjdachvtkv8hcv5kz20.jpg
39KB, 620x470px
>>83953133
>Are self sufficient slackers the true master race?

Pretty much, yeah. Although it's not possible for everyone and it takes a certain amount of self sacrifice.

Realistically the best thing would be to work around 6-12 months at a time, stockpile as much money as possible, then put that money into working from home. Being a slacker is also all about learning to live within your means. You have to grow to abandon trivial materialistic pursuits / rewards, and instead focus on more spiritualistic contentment.

Even working a job or profession you love, if you're naturally inclined to be lazy or you appreciate your freedom and individuality + have an issue with authority, you'll grow to resent your job and will succumb to self-sabotage.

The slacker lifestyle isn't for everyone. Most people are conditioned for the opposite - that is, they enjoy working because they are then able to spend their money on materialistic things which give them joy. Plus, they also find purpose through work; it gives them a sense of purpose, that in and of itself becomes a reward.
>>
>>83953817
ive had enough crises and nearly died enough times that getting older and facing mortality shouldnt bother me anymore

im strongly considering grad school and doing economics/finance. i figure the best place to end up is a hedgefund, if you're going to work you may aswell make a shitload of money. i hate all work because its an obligation, so if im going to hate everything i do, it may aswell be the most lucrative
>>
>>83953133
It's a very depressing lifestyle.
>>
>>83954235
4 u
>>
File: 1454989033235.jpg (246KB, 2400x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1454989033235.jpg
246KB, 2400x1600px
>>83953391

>turns millions into billions
>"pretending hes a business God"

Sure is bernout in here
>>
>>83954569
He didnt earn a cent.
>>
>>83954719

The election ended in November. You lost. Just let it go already.
>>
>>83953452
Honestly, I feel like much of whether you like your job or not has to do with who you have to work with/the overall environment, and that's always subject to change.
>>
>>83953161
>TRAGEDY

Travesty
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.