[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Grimdark" DC movies are finally dead. Warner Bros

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

"Grimdark" DC movies are finally dead.

Warner Bros say they want to make more positive DC films.

So is this the end of the grimdark aesthetic? It seemed like an outdated style, coming out of that era from late 90s edginess into the Hot Topic 00s, and DC movies were the last holdover.

Will you miss grimdark? Are you glad it's over?
>>
Were they really that grimdark though
>>
>>83937322
I think so, yeah.

The entire visual aesthetic, for starters. The amorality, the insistence on innocent deaths. On forcing Superman to have to kill someone already in the very first reboot. Having Batman just blatantly murdering people left and right. The edgy, Hot Topic tweaker aesthetic of Suicide Club. Batfleck's batvoice.
>>
>>83937383
Also, having nearly every superhero to suddenly have to have some kind of "dark" costume, and always look super grim and serious.
>>
>>83937383
>The amorality
There was none.
>the insistence on innocent deaths
That isn't grim darkness just realism & weight & consequences that the Reeves films lacked.
>On forcing Superman to have to kill someone already in the very first reboot
Also realism instead of having him once again mary sue his way through the problem.
>Having Batman just blatantly murdering people left and right
Killing in self defense/defense of others isn't murder.
It's never clear if he actually knew his branding victims were getting killed in prison.
The most unneeded kills by him were during the car chase and even then they were shooting a fucking mini gun at him so it's still not murder.
>Batfleck's batvoice.
Was fucking great and regardless what the fuck did that have to do with the films tone?
>>
>>83937403
Once again that is a result of going for realism not grimdarkness, bright colors would not fit in with the surrounding universe or world building on any level.
>and always look super grim and serious
Clark was fully smiling when he rescued the Mexican girl that only ceased when the crowd started semi worshiping him.
>>
>>83937383
Baan is better edgy though. Suicide squad only works because it's style
>>
>>83937403
>>83937559

The Avengers costumes in Civil War were more colorless and dark than anything the DC characters wore in BvS.

You can't see the purple in Hawkeye costume.
>>
>>83937289
>outdated
No adapting material and treating it with dignity and respect instead of dismissing it as kiddy campy garbage is not fucking outdated.
>>
At least those films were visually interesting despite the writing being mostly bad, I'll be disappointed if the new ones look like a tv show like Civil War or The Force Awakens or something
>>
>>83937383
>visual aesthetic
Justice League is going to be the darkest movie in the DCEU
>>
>>83937289
Can't they just be not too much of anything? I think WW has found a good balance.
>>
>>83937790
This, WW is what they should do. If they go the marvel route they will make nothing but shit. Then again the DCEU is still looking for talent behind the cameras, with Wan, Reeves, Zemeckis, so I don't think they will stick to one style only. Suicide Squad, BvS and WW are so different that they could be from different franchises and I hope they stay that way
>>
>>83937905
>If they go the marvel route they will make nothing but shit.
Exactly. They don't need a "marvelization", but balance. Not too grim, not a quipfest, that's how I'd like for the DCEU to be. Wonder Woman was a step in the right direction.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.